ianchudson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ianchudson

Chicago Wine Woot Tasting and Baseball.

I'm just killing time in my hotel room and looking at games. Would anyone be interested in going to a Cubs game and a tasting at my place sometime later this summer? I'm particularly interested in finding out how many would be interested.

If there's not a lot of people interested there's more flexibility for getting normal tickets, but not a ton. However, if some would be interested I'd be willing to get tickets for one of the rooftop places. Tickets are anywhere from 100 to 200 for rooftop tickets, so it's not for everyone.

Games are between 12-3 on weekends usually. So probably an early tasting then off to the park. It's approx. a 1mi walk from my apartment door - or a quick bus ride up Sheridan or Broadway.

Thoughts? Feedback?

Oh, and I'm a Cardinals fan, but as a fellow division team I like to watch the Cubs. I refuse to watch the White vacuums.

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
ianchudson wrote:Chicago Wine Woot Tasting and Baseball.

I'm just killing time in my hotel room and looking at games. Would anyone be interested in going to a Cubs game and a tasting at my place sometime later this summer? I'm particularly interested in finding out how many would be interested.

If there's not a lot of people interested there's more flexibility for getting normal tickets, but not a ton. However, if some would be interested I'd be willing to get tickets for one of the rooftop places. Tickets are anywhere from 100 to 200 for rooftop tickets, so it's not for everyone.

Games are between 12-3 on weekends usually. So probably an early tasting then off to the park. It's approx. a 1mi walk from my apartment door - or a quick bus ride up Sheridan or Broadway.

Thoughts? Feedback?

Oh, and I'm a Cardinals fan, but as a fellow division team I like to watch the Cubs. I refuse to watch the White vacuums.

interested on all counts. might be tough to get a rooftop or anything else in bulk for Cubs-Cards, but you can always try. how about August 8 or 9?

do you know... what biodynamics is?

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
themostrighteous wrote:interested on all counts. might be tough to get a rooftop or anything else in bulk for Cubs-Cards, but you can always try. how about August 8 or 9?

oops didn't see this before I posted on the other cwwt thread, but I'm a die hard bleacher person, this was my (gulp) 31st opening day at Wrigley. For weekday games, I can ALWAYS pick up extra bleacher tix, night games most of the time and weekends, depends on the who's playing .... so for StL, unless we want Fri tix, it's not likely I'll be able to get more than a couple extra tix if that. heh I don't care much for the white sux either, at least we have that in common!

ianchudson

I should note I'm not tied to watching the cards play. Division games work too. Most the teams the Cubs play the Cards play too, so I get to see important teams go at it.

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
ianchudson wrote:I should note I'm not tied to watching the cards play. Division games work too. Most the teams the Cubs play the Cards play too, so I get to see important teams go at it.

then pick a date & run w/ it! and, btw, good thing neither you nor Imagine are keen on trying to get White Sox tix: those are downright impossible to get.

do you know... what biodynamics is?

ianchudson

Imagine4vr wrote:oops didn't see this before I posted on the other cwwt thread, but I'm a die hard bleacher person, this was my (gulp) 31st opening day at Wrigley. For weekday games, I can ALWAYS pick up extra bleacher tix, night games most of the time and weekends, depends on the who's playing .... so for StL, unless we want Fri tix, it's not likely I'll be able to get more than a couple extra tix if that. heh I don't care much for the white sux either, at least we have that in common!

Imagine,
How would May 31st or June 1st go over for getting tickets? Both games are against the Colorado Rockies. Just trying to consider what dates might be options at this point and go from there.
Thanks!