+ Add a Comment

Imagine4vr


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr

Saturday April 12 at my place this time on the far north side of the city, 1 block from the L stop.

Details to be coming soon, so mark the date on your calendars!

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
Imagine4vr wrote:Saturday April 12 at my place this time on the far north side of the city, 1 block from the L stop.

Details to be coming soon, so mark the date on your calendars!



It's already marked on my calendar, and this week I'll be calling my friends that live in Chi-town to make sure they'll be around that weekend so I can stay with them. Then I'll get my flight in order to fly in for this one.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

themostrighteous


quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous

[x-posting]

Loweeel wrote:Chiarello '00. Elyse '85. And a bottle of that Oliverhill as a gift to a Padawan. And that's just me.


let's see if i can keep up: Chiarello '98 & '99 (1). and my remaining bottle of the True Grit 04 as a gift to the PSycho Master (2). like L said, that's just me. but one thing's for certain: PS WILL BE IN DA HOUSE @ CHICAGO WINE.WOOT TASTING #2!!!

(1) see now madwine: we LOVE verticals!
(2) a self-serving gesture, to be sure, ie i am dying to compare your tasting notes v. mine to get a sense of where our pals stand relative to each other.

do you know... what biodynamics is?

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Oh, if anyone sees a HOT deal on Southwest airlines from Long Island Islip Airport to Midway (and back) let me know. I'm keeping watch on Ding (their system tray daily deals thing) and checking their website occasionally, but I don't want to miss out on a hot deal if one pops up. And since the silly wine.woot PM system doesn't send an email, any of you are welcome to just email me if you see a great deal on a flight (email is my username here, less the 42, at gmail). I'm hoping to fly in on the early evening of Friday and fly home late Sunday.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

Loweeel


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Oh, if anyone sees a HOT deal on Southwest airlines from Long Island Islip Airport to Midway (and back) let me know. I'm keeping watch on Ding (their system tray daily deals thing) and checking their website occasionally, but I don't want to miss out on a hot deal if one pops up. And since the silly wine.woot PM system doesn't send an email, any of you are welcome to just email me if you see a great deal on a flight (email is my username here, less the 42, at gmail). I'm hoping to fly in on the early evening of Friday and fly home late Sunday.


Check Jetblue as well (don't know whether they fly into Chicago).

Imagine, which airport is better to fly into, assuming we're not renting cars?

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

lauratchi


quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

L...

Where are you gonna be staying?

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

Loweeel


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
lauratchi wrote:L...

Where are you gonna be staying?


No idea! Priceline.com, in all likelyhood.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

lauratchi


quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

Jetblue flies into O'Hare. I despise using Midway (I live close to O'Hare).

Both O'Hare and Midway have public transportation access via train. If you are staying downtownish, I think either would serve you well. My opinion/guess.

If you are bringing wine along, you have to check it right? Ugh. Baggage claim nightmares at Midway(part of my not liking the place). Maybe others have better experiences.



Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

Imagine4vr


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
lauratchi wrote:Jetblue flies into O'Hare. I despise using Midway (I live close to O'Hare).

Both O'Hare and Midway have public transportation access via train. If you are staying downtownish, I think either would serve you well. My opinion/guess.

If you are bringing wine along, you have to check it right? Ugh. Baggage claim nightmares at Midway(part of my not liking the place). Maybe others have better experiences.



I agree with Laura about hating Midway. Used to be my airport of choice until they remodeled years ago. I live up on the far north side, (if you're looking at a map, I am about 1 mile south of Evanston and 1/2 mile from the lake) closer to OHare. But really, I think the difference of which airport doesn't really matter. For HAK flying from LI, Midway will be substantially cheaper using Southwest.

As far as where to stay, I guess that depends on what else you want to do while you're here. If price is your only criteria, I can direct you to hotels that aren't far from me, that would be cheaper then downtown or OHare. If you're wanting to stay where the "action" is (downtown or even Lincoln Park), with a little patience you can find reasonably priced rooms. I am 20 min from downtown taking the train. And if you prefer a taxi, about $20.

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
Imagine4vr wrote:I agree with Laura about hating Midway. Used to be my airport of choice until they remodeled years ago. I live up on the far north side, (if you're looking at a map, I am about 1 mile south of Evanston and 1/2 mile from the lake) closer to OHare. But really, I think the difference of which airport doesn't really matter. For HAK flying from LI, Midway will be substantially cheaper using Southwest.



I have a couple reasons for using Midway. One being that I have a good amount of flights racked up on Southwest so I want to keep using them to get to my next free flight. They're also typically cheaper than any other flights I can get out of this area. And more importantly, Islip airport is only 15 minutes from my house whereas JFK or Laguardia are both at least 45 minutes or more.

I sitll haven't contacted my friends yet to see if they're around that weekend for me to stay with them (may even invite them to the tasting if that's ok with you...it's a husband/wife and I know they're big cheese fanatics, and probably wine too...maybe we'll make them a wine.woot convert ). I'm really hoping they'll be around that weekend since it's been a couple years since I've visited.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

themostrighteous


quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
Loweeel wrote:No idea! Priceline.com, in all likelyhood.


i would invite you to stay in my guest room but (i) my D(est)W would kill me & (ii) my guest room is now my wine room & the temptation (22 different types of PS & counting) would be too great even for you!

do you know... what biodynamics is?

themostrighteous


quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
HitAnyKey42 wrote:I sitll haven't contacted my friends yet to see if they're around that weekend for me to stay with them (may even invite them to the tasting if that's ok with you...it's a husband/wife and I know they're big cheese fanatics, and probably wine too...maybe we'll make them a wine.woot convert ). I'm really hoping they'll be around that weekend since it's been a couple years since I've visited.


can they come?!? even if they weren't cheeseheads the answer would be an emphatic YES. we are equal opportunity corrupters around here!

but you mentioned that they were cheeseheads. did you read our collective tales of CWWT #1? we are ALL cheeseheads when it comes to pairing up food w/ wine, so kindly send them our way, even if you don't come! though we would certainly prefer to have you tag along.

do you know... what biodynamics is?

Loweeel


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
themostrighteous wrote:i would invite you to stay in my guest room but (i) my D(est)W would kill me & (ii) my guest room is now my wine room & the temptation (22 different types of PS & counting) would be too great even for you!


I appreciate the offer, however . That is indeed a room any guest would be proud to stay in!

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Ok, just spoke to my friend on IM. They typically don't make plans that far in advance, but he said they don't got anything on taking up that weekend that he knows of.
So unless I have issues with airfare (seeing as how I am trying to buy a condo or house right now), you can count me in. And you can almost certainly count in +2 coming with me, as he said it sounds like a good time.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

Imagine4vr


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Ok, just spoke to my friend on IM. They typically don't make plans that far in advance, but he said they don't got anything on taking up that weekend that he knows of.
So unless I have issues with airfare (seeing as how I am trying to buy a condo or house right now), you can count me in. And you can almost certainly count in +2 coming with me, as he said it sounds like a good time.



Sounds great, the more the merrier!

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

So has anyone flown with wine yet? What's the best way to do it?
I do plan to call southwest and see if I can't find some way to convince them to let me give it to someone at the counter who would then send it into the cabin for the flight attendant to store somewhere for me. But somehow I highly doubt that's even possible even if they'd be willing to accomodate.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

Imagine4vr


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
HitAnyKey42 wrote:So has anyone flown with wine yet? What's the best way to do it?
I do plan to call southwest and see if I can't find some way to convince them to let me give it to someone at the counter who would then send it into the cabin for the flight attendant to store somewhere for me. But somehow I highly doubt that's even possible even if they'd be willing to accomodate.



Have to bring it in your checked bags, just put it in a plastic bag first then wrap it really well. Or you can always ship a box ahead of time. I've sent wine fed/ex without telling them what was in it. I know you're not allowed, but it's an option.

Loweeel


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
Imagine4vr wrote:Have to bring it in your checked bags, just put it in a plastic bag first then wrap it really well. Or you can always ship a box ahead of time. I've sent wine fed/ex without telling them what was in it. I know you're not allowed, but it's an option.



If you've ordered from WL (which you have), I just use the ridiculous cardboard boxes that they send, with the wine-bottle negative-shaped Styrofoam. I tell them to put the fragile stickers on it. I've done it twice without any problems. I save 2 2x, 2 3x, 1 6x, and 1 12x .

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

themostrighteous


quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
Loweeel wrote:I save 2 2x, 2 3x, 1 6x, and 1 12x .


i used the bottom of a WL 12x to transport my glass warez to CWWT #1, so i can attest to their handiness - as well as to their total environmental un-friendliness!

do you know... what biodynamics is?

Imagine4vr


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
themostrighteous wrote:i used the bottom of a WL 12x to transport my glass warez to CWWT #1, so i can attest to their handiness - as well as to their total environmental un-friendliness!



I do hope you will transport your glass warez to CWWT#2 as I also only have one decanter. I also have only generic wine glasses, so if anyone is particular about the glass you will be drinking from, you're welcome to bring your own.

themostrighteous


quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
Imagine4vr wrote:I do hope you will transport your glass warez to CWWT#2 as I also only have one decanter. I also have only generic wine glasses, so if anyone is particular about the glass you will be drinking from, you're welcome to bring your own.


but soitantly!

do you know... what biodynamics is?

Loweeel


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
themostrighteous wrote:but soitantly!


Can I mooch stemware for the evening?

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

themostrighteous


quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
Loweeel wrote:Can I mooch stemware for the evening?


most soitantly! following my experience at CWWT #1, i decided that it would be in my best interest (to, shall we say, regulate my consumption) to get a couple of the Riedel Vinum Tasting Glasses. you can certainly borrow one of those.

now, having said that, we'll be having quite a bit of PS. i don't have any PS-specific glasses, but i could get some in advance. any recommendations?

do you know... what biodynamics is?

Loweeel


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
themostrighteous wrote:most soitantly! following my experience at CWWT #1, i decided that it would be in my best interest (to, shall we say, regulate my consumption) to get a couple of the Riedel Vinum Tasting Glasses. you can certainly borrow one of those.

now, having said that, we'll be having quite a bit of PS. i don't have any PS-specific glasses, but i could get some in advance. any recommendations?


PSILoveYou recommends the high-end Riedel Syrah/Shiraz glasses, but I think any Syrah/Shiraz glass will do. I'm partial to Schott Zweisel, simply for the durability of their tritan line (which are my bordeaux stems). My Syrah glasses are the Waterford Mondavi, which I got for $25 for the pair when Amazon was having that ridiculous sale back in december.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
Loweeel wrote:Can I mooch stemware for the evening?



It's also quite possible I may need to mooch stemware as well, depending on what my friends have in their apartment.

On a side note, I'm nearly about ready to book my flight. I've been really hoping the Southwest Ding! daily specials would have popped up something to chicago that would be doable for me at a really cheap rate, but I don't want to risk their regular rates going even higher so I'll probably book today. It's still low enough at $150 round trip (arriving Fri at 4:40pm and leaving Mon at 7:15am).

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

themostrighteous


quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
HitAnyKey42 wrote:It's also quite possible I may need to mooch stemware as well, depending on what my friends have in their apartment.

On a side note, I'm nearly about ready to book my flight. I've been really hoping the Southwest Ding! daily specials would have popped up something to chicago that would be doable for me at a really cheap rate, but I don't want to risk their regular rates going even higher so I'll probably book today. It's still low enough at $150 round trip (arriving Fri at 4:40pm and leaving Mon at 7:15am).


that's about as low as you're gonna get from the NYC area to the Chi area.

and don't y'all worry: for any & all of you out-of-towners who grace us w/ your presence, "stemware you shall have!" come one, come all!!!

[sure hope Imagine4vr's apartment is big enough! ]

do you know... what biodynamics is?

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
themostrighteous wrote:[sure hope Imagine4vr's apartment is big enough! ]



I was just about to ask the location of where this is being held. Can someone PM me the actual location or at least a general area so sometime in the coming weeks I can let them know where they will be taking me?

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

subinsignia


quality posts: 9 Private Messages subinsignia

Despise Midway now and liked it before???? Before they remodelled there were kiosks and lines going every which way. It was a third world airport. I always felt like shepherds with flocks of goats would come walking by.

Now it is nice, airy, bright and efficient, except for the occasional Southwest line backup for 1/4 mile that they snake into the hinterlands behind the ticket counters if they get too big.

I fly out and back to Chi 3 times a month. Cancellations at Ohare far outpace % wise Midway. I live south and west of Rockford, so Midway is a hike, but it's an easy airport. The EL is right there. It's closer to downtown. At Ohare the El is under the outside of Terminal 2, so it can be a hike. The bowels of Ohare with the saxophone players and other musical beggars is Matix-like to the unitiated.

I have flown west out of Rockford. It's great if you have to change planes as I do when flying to Ontario, California. The RFD puddle jump to Denver (a pit like Ohare) and then an Airbus to Ontario. The Chi-Den legs often (50% of the time) get cancelled. hey have 777's that go between the cities, so they cancel a lot of the less full 737's to fill the eastbound 777's or (like me when going west) send you to SFO or someplace else to experience further delays.

Let's face it- winter travel by air vacuums. The airport can help reduce stress. Ohare has a lot more stress than Midway unless you are a Premier/hi mileage person who can get thru the bull faster. The common restaurant area at Midway far outpaces anything at Ohare. Harry Caery's alone is better than Wolfgang Puck, although they are both rips.

Steve Jones

themostrighteous


quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
subinsignia wrote:Despise Midway now and liked it before????
...


does this mean that you'll be joining us on 4/12? or will you still be recovering from that white Burg v. Cali throwdown w/ the WLTV'ers on 3/29 that i so wish my schedule would otherwise allow me to partake in?

do you know... what biodynamics is?

themostrighteous


quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
HitAnyKey42 wrote:I was just about to ask the location of where this is being held. Can someone PM me the actual location or at least a general area so sometime in the coming weeks I can let them know where they will be taking me?


scroll up the page to here for details.

do you know... what biodynamics is?

Imagine4vr


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
themostrighteous wrote:that's about as low as you're gonna get from the NYC area to the Chi area.

and don't y'all worry: for any & all of you out-of-towners who grace us w/ your presence, "stemware you shall have!" come one, come all!!!

[sure hope Imagine4vr's apartment is big enough! ]



I have stemware, it's just not high quality stemware, I have generic red glasses and white and sparkling wine glasses. If you want a "high quality" glass, then you'll need to bring your own.

I've had parties with 20 plus people so I think we're fine so far. I do have 2 cats, so if anyone is allergic, please be forewarned.

HAK, I am in east rogers park .. if your friends are in the city, they should know where that is. I'll send my exact address and details a little closer to the time.

Imagine4vr


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
subinsignia wrote:Despise Midway now and liked it before???? Before they remodelled there were kiosks and lines going every which way. It was a third world airport. I always felt like shepherds with flocks of goats would come walking by. ....



I only fly a few times a year, and perhaps it's just familiarity, I prefer OHare over Midway anytime. We're fortunate to have choices and options.

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
Imagine4vr wrote:HAK, I am in east rogers park .. if your friends are in the city, they should know where that is. I'll send my exact address and details a little closer to the time.


My aunt and uncle used to live on Chase, near Clark and Touhy. It was near N. Rogers. Is that near where you are? That East Rogers Park sounded familiar, but they moved from that area some 15-20 years ago.

I know it is near Evanston, as I used to walk from my grandma's house in Evanston. (Although she was one street in from Howard, so pretty close to the border.)

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
Imagine4vr wrote:I only fly a few times a year, and perhaps it's just familiarity, I prefer OHare over Midway anytime. We're fortunate to have choices and options.



I've flown Midway tons of times, and O'Hare enough as well. I've always preferred Midway. I remember in college (I went to Bradley, down in Peoria) a time when flying home my flight from Peoria to O'Hare got delayed do to the weather. Landed in O'Hare at the end of one terminal and I had to RUN down and around to the end of another terminal to catch my flight. I got there just as they were seconds from locking the door. I come running up to the counter, completely out of breath. They asked if I'm me, and all I could do was huff and puff and nod my head as they took my ticket and I boarded, and they said I was the only one who made the connecting flight cuz I was able to run fast enough.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

themostrighteous


quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
HitAnyKey42 wrote:I've flown Midway tons of times, and O'Hare enough as well. I've always preferred Midway. I remember in college (I went to Bradley, down in Peoria) a time when flying home my flight from Peoria to O'Hare got delayed do to the weather. Landed in O'Hare at the end of one terminal and I had to RUN down and around to the end of another terminal to catch my flight. I got there just as they were seconds from locking the door. I come running up to the counter, completely out of breath. They asked if I'm me, and all I could do was huff and puff and nod my head as they took my ticket and I boarded, and they said I was the only one who made the connecting flight cuz I was able to run fast enough.


alas, like most things in life, i think preference here is a matter of perspective. i live in the North Shore and, as wonderful as Midway may be, it adds 45 mins to my drive to / from home on a good day & 90+ mins w/ traffic relative to O'Hare. (that even though the two airports are a mere 14 miles apart as the crow flies - but, then again, i ain't no crow!) even after taking into account O'Hare's 4% cancellation rate (compared to Midway's 1%) & 30%+ delay rate (w/ average delays of 62 mins) (not sure about Midway's stats here) (both sets of stats for the first 11 months of 2007), i believe that i still have a shorter expected commute (ie adjusted to incl probability-weighted additional travel time resulting from cancellations & delays) to / from O'Hare than Midway, so for me the choice is pretty straightforward. incidentally, the math would favor Midway if i lived in the city or south of it, but i don't / that's that. so, like Imagine4vr said, we are lucky we have options.

btw, for our east-coast friends, other than O'Hare, DFW & Houston, 7 of the 10 airports w/ the worst average delays in the US are in the Eastern seaboard: Newark (68 mins), JFK (65), Dulles (64), Phila (63), Boston (59), LGA (57) & BWI (57).

do you know... what biodynamics is?

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
themostrighteous wrote:btw, for our east-coast friends, other than O'Hare, DFW & Houston, 7 of the 10 airports w/ the worst average delays in the US are in the Eastern seaboard: Newark (68 mins), JFK (65), Dulles (64), Phila (63), Boston (59), LGA (57) & BWI (57).



that wuz teh funneh, I never said we had better airports. I absolutely detest JFK, and only tolerate LGA when I have to use it. Plus it's 45 min (on a good day) for me to get to it, whereas ISP is about 15 min even with traffic which there rarely is.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

Imagine4vr


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
polarbear22 wrote:My aunt and uncle used to live on Chase, near Clark and Touhy. It was near N. Rogers. Is that near where you are? That East Rogers Park sounded familiar, but they moved from that area some 15-20 years ago.

I know it is near Evanston, as I used to walk from my grandma's house in Evanston. (Although she was one street in from Howard, so pretty close to the border.)



I know exactly where that is, I am just blocks away!

And for the airport question, I'm closer to OHare then Midway, but since you aren't coming direct here from the airport, I don't think it matters but your preference.

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
Imagine4vr wrote:I know exactly where that is, I am just blocks away!

And for the airport question, I'm closer to OHare then Midway, but since you aren't coming direct here from the airport, I don't think it matters but your preference.


Cool. I thought it sounded familiar, but I think it was about 30 years since I was there last. So they probably moved more than 20 years ago.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

Loweeel


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel

And tickets are booked.

Flying into Midway, arriving at 9:05 on Friday night. Flying out of Midway at 4:20 Chicago time on Sunday.

Sweeeeet

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
Loweeel wrote:And my tickets were booked yeasterday too.

Flying into Midway, arriving at 9:05 on Friday night. Flying out of Midway at 4:20 Chicago time on Sunday.

Sweeeeet



And my tickets are booked now too.

Flying into Midway at 4:40 on Friday and leaving at 7:15am on Monday morning.
That's gonna be the fun part...hopping on the EL from near my friend's condo down to Midway at like 4am. Wheee! Ugh. But it's what I'm willing to go through (I think) to get the flight that's $50 cheaper.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings