closdubois

quality posts: 0 Private Messages closdubois
Corrado wrote:Where's the origin? Typically the 'recheduled date' is the delivery date, but I've seen them goof that up before.

PETALUMA,
CA, US

about an hour drive from here. so I guess I got lucky?

MrSpike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrSpike

Rescheduled date is the day it will be delivered. The origin scan date is what triggers the tnt map and automatically assigns a delivery date based on where you live, what sorts it passes through, etc...

There was no date listed before because our (UPS) system was waiting for an actual origin scan to occur, just uploading the billing information via worldship is not enough to kick off the counter. This is a good thing since there are many times that companies do similar things where they upload information but don't turn the package over to us until later.

Anyway, I'm glad they are finally on the way. Mine will be delivered on the 17th, 4 days late but at least it's before Christmas.

fgarriel

quality posts: 21 Private Messages fgarriel

I'm in for 3 sets.

Yeah, mine will be here on the 17th too. Same deal as everyone else.

Glass 1/2 empty: Bummer... I was hoping to give them to someone on Sunday.

Glass 1/2 full: more for me!

unixrab

quality posts: 10 Private Messages unixrab

OK... I got mine... but the tags for all but the Ports were disconnected...

So.. I need to know which box is which... !!

Here's what I know:

Black box = Port

Brown box = (we opened this one thinking it would be the red....but it had clear wine in it... maybe this is the chardonnay?

Red Box = ?????????

Pink Box = ?????????

Help o wooters!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bags of Crap = 3 ------> woot 3.0 is DEAD!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

unixrab wrote:OK... I got mine... but the tags for all but the Ports were disconnected...

So.. I need to know which box is which... !!

Here's what I know:

Black box = Port

Brown box = (we opened this one thinking it would be the red....but it had clear wine in it... maybe this is the chardonnay?

Red Box = ?????????

Pink Box = ?????????

Help o wooters!

Still waiting on mine.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

unixrab

Corrado wrote:

Still waiting on mine.

Well...the first one is Port... and the third one is chardonnay (best guess after eating them all with the wife and kids.) but Pink & Red... I don't know yet. Post if you do figure that out.

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

unixrab wrote:Well...the first one is Port... and the third one is chardonnay (best guess after eating them all with the wife and kids.) but Pink & Red... I don't know yet. Post if you do figure that out.

It says which is which on the boxes in the pic.

Back to front (left to right): Port, Champagne, Chardonnay, Cabernet.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
unixrab wrote:Well...the first one is Port... and the third one is chardonnay (best guess after eating them all with the wife and kids.) but Pink & Red... I don't know yet. Post if you do figure that out.

The little tag on each box also says what kind it is, open it up. I haven't opened any of mine yet, but someone (awhile back?) said some were white chocolate? Can anyone who opened theirs confirm this?

Thanks!

unixrab

Imagine4vr wrote:The little tag on each box also says what kind it is, open it up. I haven't opened any of mine yet, but someone (awhile back?) said some were white chocolate? Can anyone who opened theirs confirm this?

Thanks!

the first line of my original post clarifies that all the "little tags" were disconnected and laying in the bottom of the box.... except for PORT. We opened the brown one... and it (we think) was Chardonnay. But Corrado has answered this with his previous post.. thanks.

unixrab

Corrado wrote:It says which is which on the boxes in the pic.

Back to front (left to right): Port, Champagne, Chardonnay, Cabernet.

Nice! thanks Corrado. Those aren't on the actual boxes! OK mystery solved.

unixrab

Imagine4vr wrote: someone (awhile back?) said some were white chocolate? Can anyone who opened theirs confirm this?

Thanks!

We ate the chardonnays ...they are not white chocolate. They are Milk Chocolate with a white dusting of sugar and the Chardonnay on the inside is nice.. but it's like a liqueur, more syruppy. Everyone enjoyed them.

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
unixrab wrote:the first line of my original post clarifies that all the "little tags" were disconnected and laying in the bottom of the box.... except for PORT. We opened the brown one... and it (we think) was Chardonnay. But Corrado has answered this with his previous post.. thanks.

sorry, I must've missed that...

And thanks for the info about the white chocolate. I brought the box of Chardonnay to a party tonight and everyone loved them, they were gone before I even had one!

wazzychild

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wazzychild

I was planning on giving these as gifts; but different friends have different taste!
Could someone who has open them up let me know why types of chocolate each box contains (dark, milk, white). Thanks!

groupiegirlnj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages groupiegirlnj
wazzychild wrote:I was planning on giving these as gifts; but different friends have different taste!
Could someone who has open them up let me know why types of chocolate each box contains (dark, milk, white). Thanks!

Read the posts before you, the question was already answered...

They're all *supposed* to be dark chocolate... hohoho!, it always amazes me how few people actually read the description of something before they buy it...

BTW - mine came in yesterday. The box was a little battered, so I'm hoping the chocolates are still in tact seeing as how it's a gift :-)

10 Woots
2 Wine Woots
1 Shirt Woots
... and counting

iamscrotar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamscrotar

Where oh where can my chocolates be?
UPS has changed the date of del-ivery.
I bought them to give to my girlfriends parents,
and now I'm going to look like a jerk.

Thanks Woot.

warrenhj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages warrenhj

Got mine yesterday..

I opened the box of Cab and, aside from the middle one which was kind of battered and stuck to the liner.. (sacrificial victim) all the others seemed intact. There was a little 'choco dust' on the inside of the box.

I'm hoping the box i'm giving as a gift isn't battered to smithereens.

Takin' the rest of the cab to work for a pre-holiday lunch.. muhahhaa

It's all because your momma don't dance and your daddy don't rock n roll.

wazzychild

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wazzychild
groupiegirlnj wrote:Read the posts before you, the question was already answered...

They're all *supposed* to be dark chocolate... hohoho!, it always amazes me how few people actually read the description of something before they buy it...

BTW - mine came in yesterday. The box was a little battered, so I'm hoping the chocolates are still in tact seeing as how it's a gift :-)

I understand that the description said "Hand crafted featuring the finest dark chocolate", in fact, that is one of the reason I decided to buy.
However, when a previous poster asked about the white chocolates, the response they received was "we ate the chardonnays ...they are not white chocolate. They are Milk Chocolate with a white dusting of sugar ..."
This left me to believe that all the chocolates may not all be dark... they could be milk chocolate or even white chocolates!
Thanks for the response, it was very helpful!

ackmondual

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ackmondual

I had the Cabernet and the Chardonnay ones. Reading the posts, I thought the Chardonnay might have been white chocolate due to the white powdered sugar dusting on it, but at the time, I didn't think anymore of it, despite the descprition saying it was dark chocolate and that it didn't really taste like white chocolate by a long shot. Didn't get to try the Champagne and Port yet. Gotta keep only one open at a time. I'm giving the Port to my sister who will probably won't open it till she flies home, so I may be tempted one day to shell out the $20 MSRP just to taste what they taste like.

Very good stuff. I've had the mini chocolate liquer bottles, and while those were quite affordable, these wine filled truffles do have a clean taste of quality that I just cna't put my finger on. Unfortunately, just too expensive w/o the Woot Wine price for me to buy again, save for trying out the Ports.

BTW, for reference:
black = Port
light pink = champagne
brown = charonnay
reddish pink = cabernet

marriage is the price men pay for sex
sex is the price women pay for marriage

pbandpn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pbandpn

Gave away the chard and opened up the champagne and hoarding the port and red wine one. Great chocolate but only worth it at the winewoot.com price and not retail.

soupersprite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soupersprite

My wife loves truffles and she says these are the best.