nikebballa24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nikebballa24

Was the writer drunk off of these? There are numerous spelling errors in this one...and too expensive for my taste...

Cesare

quality posts: 1619 Private Messages Cesare
j-o-h-n wrote:BTW woot, you misspelled them:
product(s): 1 Bouquet of Fruirts

And in the last line of the product description:
Filled with premium California California wines: Cabernet, Port, Champayne
Unless they meant to spell it that way.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

vintageyear53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vintageyear53

Here are my thoughts.....when were these made, they made a refrence to the Wall Street Journal...since when do these people know about wine filled chocolates. I am shuddering to think of paying $1.25 per chocolate when I can buy a cherry coke and a hershey bar and get a real buzz. I am going to pass on this offer, as wine filled truffles just isnt my idea of relaxing with a good glass of wine after a hard day in the slave pits.

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo

These will make wonderful gifts. I'll gift them along with my Humbug wine.

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

vintageyear53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vintageyear53
Cesare wrote:And in the last line of the product description:
Filled with premium California California wines: Cabernet, Port, Champayne
Unless they meant to spell it that way.

You got to give the person a break who wrote this...after all, sitting around with 40,000 boxes of wine filled chocolates will get anybody drunk.

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead

Oh the choices. 1, 2, or 3?

I want to click the big button!

damightyanteater

quality posts: 12 Private Messages damightyanteater

Though I am not a fan of Chocolate myself, my girl is going to flip (in joy) when these come in!

My last 5 woots:
  • Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon x2
  • Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
  • Armida Winery Poizin Trio
  • Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
  • Wellington Vineyard Designate Cabernet Trio

timbyrd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages timbyrd
timbyrd wrote:

On the third day of Wootmas, WineDavid offered me
Wine Truffles
a BlindWine Wine Game
and a Bonsai Juniper Tree

--- T

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
timbyrd wrote:On the third day of Wootmas, WineDavid offered me
Wine Truffles
a BlindWine Wine Game
and a Bonsai Juniper Tree

--- T

I expect a full list in the coming days... this is good.

fzzywolf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fzzywolf

[quote postid="1781316" user="ackmondual"]?Champayne"? That's a web site as far as I can tell, but is that a mistype, or is there some cloned champagne or champagne substitute called "Champayne"? Is it like drinking "malk" instead of milk??Champayne"? That's a web site as far as I can tell, but is that a mistype, or is there some cloned champagne or champagne substitute called "Champayne"? Is it like drinking "malk" instead of milk?

No typo on this one: That spelling of Champagne seems to be a kitchy way of avoiding lawsuit problems. A sparkling wine legally cannot be called Champagne unless it is made in the Champagne region of France. The style of "méthode champenoise" is using a secondary fermentation in the bottle (as opposed to in a bulk tank or just injecting CO2) and that technique is used throughout the world.

Yeah, I'm a wine nerd.

The Fzzy One

chahn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chahn
vintageyear53 wrote:Here are my thoughts.....when were these made, they made a refrence to the Wall Street Journal...since when do these people know about wine filled chocolates. I am shuddering to think of paying $1.25 per chocolate when I can buy a cherry coke and a hershey bar and get a real buzz. I am going to pass on this offer, as wine filled truffles just isnt my idea of relaxing with a good glass of wine after a hard day in the slave pits.

The WSJ has a very good (IMO) wine column weekly in the weekend journal. Also a good taste section. This is a nice price for a good chocolate filled with wine. I don't think the hershey bar would compare
This has made me think of the Ethel M's chocolates filled with liqueur.. mmmmmm...

clayfu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages clayfu

I bought chocolate vodka before, i'm not going to lie the alcohol and chocolate takes getting used to. Personally i had mixing candy with any type of liquid, something about it freaks me out.

But i did buy the Zune Dock! and the K&L 6 Pack Champagne, getting myself ready for my after finals celebration! =)

ktrinh11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ktrinh11

Im in for one, good thing wine.woot are shipping these during the winter, I can't imagine how these will make it during the summer deliveries.

lvytn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lvytn

I dunno why anyone would think these are too expensive.. you get 4 boxes so theres 4 inexpensive Christmas presents there. Or 2 presents of 2 boxes each which is the way I plan to go.

TheTodd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheTodd

The Bouquet of Fruits website seems to indicate that the "Champagne" filled truffles are actually filled with a California chardonnay. No indication of even sparkling wine.

Bouquet of Fruits.com link

Didn't stop me from buying a box, though.

pickles1128

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pickles1128

Yummy!

Don't forget to eat your chocolate with your wine.

tenor1trpt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tenor1trpt

Does anyone know if these are good sized truffles? I'd like to seperate the boxes as 4 gifts for 4 different people, but if the truffles are small I will have to give two boxes per person. I'm being cheap, but my bank account sort of determines that...too many selfish woots...

supamanbk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supamanbk

How often do I water these? How much sunlight do they need?

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD
chahn wrote:The WSJ has a very good (IMO) wine column weekly in the weekend journal. Also a good taste section. This is a nice price for a good chocolate filled with wine. I don't think the hershey bar would compare
This has made me think of the Ethel M's chocolates filled with liqueur.. mmmmmm...

Ethel M's... now were talking. Anyone know how they compare chocolate wise.

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
thatguy314 wrote:Are these the same as the labrats got last week?

Yep...I have my unopened box of cab chocolates at work and now that this is being offered I'll share it with a couple of co-workers and report back.

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

vaaccess

tenor1trpt wrote:Does anyone know if these are good sized truffles? I'd like to seperate the boxes as 4 gifts for 4 different people, but if the truffles are small I will have to give two boxes per person. I'm being cheap, but my bank account sort of determines that...too many selfish woots...

I think someone last week said they were roughly the size of a quarter that was spinning on a table. When I open my box today I'll confirm...

Ervin72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ervin72

Sweet dark chocolate... Am I the only one to see an oxymoron?

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD

First sucker: luckyinla
Speed to first woot: 0m 6.593s

Last wooter to woot: ERMD

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n
svengoolie wrote:You're paying more than a buck for each of these....

big pass

Sorry. $1.25 each.

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

pengu1n wrote:Sorry. $1.25 each.

$1.17/ea if you buy 3 woots.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

TLCEVINCENT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TLCEVINCENT

No shipping to Alaska. Why not? I am sure these can not that much.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
nikebballa24 wrote:Was the writer drunk off of these? There are numerous spelling errors in this one...and too expensive for my taste...

Maybe that was intentional ...(?)

I bought two sets of these. There was only one shipping option right? I didn't see an express upgrade, or am I wrong?

LamarrHoytsBurrito

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LamarrHoytsBurrito
TLCEVINCENT wrote:No shipping to Alaska. Why not? I am sure these can not that much.

Vincent,
You need to move down to the lower 48.
Are you in Barrow?

ebockelman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ebockelman

Hopefully these won't melt when shipped to Florida.

samiratou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages samiratou

Does anyone know if service.woot is still insanely backed up? I ordered one, and have decided I want two, so I emailed them to upgrade me to two orders. Last time I tried that (Poizin week) they were backed up so far they didn't get to it by the end of the week, so if they're still backed up I won't hold out hope that it actually gets to them in time.

acw114

quality posts: 8 Private Messages acw114
bunnymasseuse wrote: I am personally allergic to chocolate

There is no justice in this world.

rabbitjr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rabbitjr

Looks like alot of the tacky.woot ers that usually complain about wine during woot off's are jumping in on this one.

Check the stats:

* .Woot Purchaser Experience:
People who bought this product have purchased x woots total.
6% first woot
8% second woot
37% < 10 woots
28% < 25 woots
21% > 25 woots

This.Woot Purchaser Experience:
People who bought this product have purchased x woots from this dot-woot.
49% first woot
14% second woot
26% < 10 woots
10% < 25 woots
2% > 25 woots

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
samiratou wrote:Does anyone know if service.woot is still insanely backed up? I ordered one, and have decided I want two, so I emailed them to upgrade me to two orders. Last time I tried that (Poizin week) they were backed up so far they didn't get to it by the end of the week, so if they're still backed up I won't hold out hope that it actually gets to them in time.

You may want to "gift" a box or two to someone else in the house (or next door, etc.) instead of relying on Service Woot to get back with you. Especially if the button starts bouncing.

stillwingy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stillwingy

ok- probably a long shot but Payne was the Director for Sideways?? Maybe a clue that tomorrow is a wine from Santa Barbera? Is it really too much to hope for something from the Hitchng Post?

damsel427

quality posts: 0 Private Messages damsel427

I'm in for 3. These will make great gifts and lessen the hassle of shopping for those people you have no idea what to get them (or for those people we forget about).

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go."

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
TheTodd wrote:The Bouquet of Fruits website seems to indicate that the "Champagne" filled truffles are actually filled with a California chardonnay. No indication of even sparkling wine.

Todd, a lot (if not most) of the Cali sparkilng wines are made with Chard or a Chard blend- just the bubbling kind instead of the still kind. So, that's probably why the description says Cali Chard.

al77382

quality posts: 0 Private Messages al77382
ackmondual wrote:FINALLY, WHAT'S THE SHELF LIFE OF THESE CHOCOLATES? Does encapsulating the wine in chocolates allow both of them to stay fresh at room temperature for at least 6 months?

Is that REALLY a concern? ;)

Come to the Dark Side... we've got cookies.

jaredmac11

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jaredmac11

I got these for my mom for christmas.

Besides being a gift composed JUST of chocolate, Im pretty excited to be giving her this.

Perhaps I could give her a few boxes and then something else, but I couldnt figure out anything else.

Would be a GREAT gift for the lady-friend... if I were still dating said lady. But guys, girls love chocolate. Easy Christmas gift right here.

vaaccess

vaaccess wrote:I think someone last week said they were roughly the size of a quarter that was spinning on a table. When I open my box today I'll confirm...

So, I just opened my box and I like the presentation. I should have taken a picture in advance, but unfortunately won't be able to do that easily at this point.

Anyway, a couple people were asking about size and honestly, I think a single box is more than enough to give to someone for a gift. Each chocolate is about 2mm greater in diameter than the diameter of a quarter. The chocolates are almost entirely a perfect ball. IE: They don't have one side that is a big flat surface, though there is a slight flat surface on one end.

The label says that each chocolate is roughly 28g, btw. The ingredients listed for the Cabernet filled ones are:
Premium European Chocolate (Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Cocoa Liquor)
Wine (In my case Cabernet)
Levithin (an an emulsifier
Real Vanilla

Honestly, I'm pretty impressed with the ingredients list, I would have expected to see more "junk" in there...Though, I admit that I don't regularly look at the ingredients of chocolate candies...

As for the tasting? I'll taste it after lunch and have a couple of other people sample it, too! (I'm on the East Coast.)

yermej

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yermej
fzzywolf wrote:No typo on this one: That spelling of Champagne seems to be a kitchy way of avoiding lawsuit problems. A sparkling wine legally cannot be called Champagne unless it is made in the Champagne region of France. The style of "méthode champenoise" is using a secondary fermentation in the bottle (as opposed to in a bulk tank or just injecting CO2) and that technique is used throughout the world.

Yeah, I'm a wine nerd.

True, but woot does spell it Champagne at the top of the page and the actual box says Champagne as well. Along with Bouquet of Fruirts or whatever it used to say, it seems woot was just sloppy with this one. It's happened before...not too long ago actually. Maybe somebody needs to review that new hire?