Lost in the Labyrinth: The Land of the Misfits IV

Misfit Manor: The Land of the Misfits V

Lingering in Space: The Land of the Misfits VI

Stirring in the Swamp: The Land of the Misfits VII

Whispering Secrets to the Stars and Sky: The Land of the Misfits VIII

Summoned by the Sea: The Land of the Misfits IX

"He Hath Given His Empire Up to a Whore" - The Land of the Misfits X

The Footpath Beyond the Briars: The Land of the Misfits XI

GENERAL NOTE: This thread, generally, is not a "light topic/passive" thread.

I don't think the posters that frequent misfits are exclusionary, but there are several that know one another well (or as well as one could know someone over the internet anyhow). If you are fine with letting us get to that level with you, it will most likely be reciprocated. If you are thin-skinned or don't appreciate acerbic/dark humor, this thread will not be for you.

I consider the posters that visit this thread - friends, supporters and intellects. I feel fortunate to have them post here. If you are a poster that has a different agenda that significantly alters the atmosphere/community that we have so carefully created here, it would be a universal loss.

With that said, please feel free to post photos and ideas that inspire, things that contort and challenge conventional thinking. (Remember to use imageshack or photobucket to avoid "leeching.")

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

1st page!
edit: 1st post! 1st minute!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
no1 wrote:1st page!

Heck, you even had first post.

Thanks for starting a new thread, KT.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

no1

pooflady wrote:Heck, you even had first post.

Thanks for starting a new thread, KT.

Lady Poof,
Does it count as first post when there's a post above it?

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r

ahh, a nice clean thread with no bugs.
Very nice KT, can I stay awhile?

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
no1 wrote:Lady Poof,

I don't consider that a post. More like a prologue.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
darthv8r wrote:ahh, a nice clean thread with no bugs.

I'd like to stay as well. May, I? I've used hand-sanitizer and promise not to bring any germs into this thread.

no1

pooflady wrote:I don't consider that a post. More like a prologue.

OK, thanks, Lady Poof, I'll take it!

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
darthv8r wrote:ahh, a nice clean thread with no bugs.

krapposelli wrote:I'd like to stay as well. May, I? I've used hand-sanitizer and promise not to bring any germs into this thread.

Absolutely...especially if you are a misfit...and enjoy wandering...and wondering.

I must confess when I read "krapposelli's" screen name, I read it as "crap-so-deli." No idea why. Kinda like I have no idea why D'Name says "Quirky" for "Qwerty." Think of it as an endearment...

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Wow!! Misfits EX-EYE !!!

Wunnerful place!!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

I AM NOT AN ESKIMO!!

Still single, can't imagine why.

pblgov

quality posts: 15 Private Messages pblgov

opens a bottle of champagne, chugs, congrats on the new digs kt....

krapposelli

killingtime wrote:Absolutely...especially if you are a misfit...and enjoy wandering...and wondering.

I must confess when I read "krapposelli's" screen name, I read it as "crap-so-deli." No idea why. Kinda like I have no idea why D'Name says "Quirky" for "Qwerty." Think of it as an endearment...

Still beats krappy.

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp
FenStar wrote:I AM NOT AN ESKIMO!!

Oh yeah? Prove it.

FenStar

gwp wrote:Oh yeah? Prove it.

I only know one word for snow.

no1

FenStar wrote:I only know one word for snow.

Mr. Star,
What words for snow don't you know?

spongebrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spongebrain

Good morni...afternoon all. Hope the day finds you well.

Life goes on...and on...and on...

darthv8r

spongebrain wrote:Good morni...afternoon all. Hope the day finds you well.

ditto

no1

darthv8r wrote:ditto

PM for v8r.

krapposelli

spongebrain wrote:Good morni...afternoon all. Hope the day finds you well.

How's the family doing? Did you explain it to your son and is he doing okay? Do you want me to just shut up so you don't have to think about it and answer any questions?

darthv8r

no1 wrote:PM for v8r.

thanks now it will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine!

no1

darthv8r wrote:thanks now it will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine!

Lord V8r,
This doesn't sound like something Mr. Lucas would have written for you.

FenStar

My dad got a new laptop from work, but before he could even use it, he lost it. Apparently no one cares, but he thinks it is in his office somewhere.
*sigh*

FenStar

I asked my mom if she needed a new computer for school, and she wanted to know if it was white, because if it was white it would be an old one. "they don't make white computers anymore"
*sigh*

darthv8r

FenStar wrote:I asked my mom if she needed a new computer for school, and she wanted to know if it was white, because if it was white it would be an old one. "they don't make white computers anymore"
*sigh*

I see she is not going to get a mac then.

Brothersistercd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Brothersistercd
FenStar wrote:My dad got a new laptop from work, but before he could even use it, he lost it. Apparently no one cares, but he thinks it is in his office somewhere.
*sigh*

Ahh Fen, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree does it...

Power to the people, right on!

mmmmpf, mmmmmppppffff

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:Lady Poof,

Yes. Someone always starts a thread to make the very first.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:I only know one word for snow.

Dang, that proves it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:Yes. Someone always starts a thread to make the very first.

Ms. Name,
What if the person starting the thread posts "First post!"

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

krapposelli wrote:How's the family doing? Did you explain it to your son and is he doing okay? Do you want me to just shut up so you don't have to think about it and answer any questions?

His son wants to know about sex?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

spongebrain

krapposelli wrote:How's the family doing? Did you explain it to your son and is he doing okay? Do you want me to just shut up so you don't have to think about it and answer any questions?

He just knows that his "cousin" died. Need to verify what the other youngins have been told and coordinate the lies that well tell them. I want to be truthful, but the rest of my extended family wants to sugar coat it for the kids.

He is of the age where he wants to play with toy guns and we are trying to make him realize that TV/Movies and reality are two separate animals. This would be an excellent example.

dontwantaname wrote:His son wants to know about sex?

No. You missed some stuff last night in the temp thread that we had running.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

spongebrain wrote:He just knows that his "cousin" died. Need to verify what the other youngins have been told and coordinate the lies that well tell them. I want to be truthful, but the rest of my extended family wants to sugar coat it for the kids.

That is actually best. As with anything, you give kids information appropriate to their age & understanding. As my son got older, if he asked, I told him the truth on our family members. We then talked about what brings people to that state of mind and how it affects others.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

spongebrain wrote:No. You missed some stuff last night in the temp thread that we had running.

I'm so sorry.
I miss one day of posts and stick my foot in my mouth.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

spongebrain

daj59 wrote:That is actually best. As with anything, you give kids information appropriate to their age & understanding. As my son got older, if he asked, I told him the truth on our family members. We then talked about what brings people to that state of mind and how it affects others.

So noted. I was his age when my mom killed herself so I am maybe a little jaded in propagating mistakes that my family made. Thanks for the additional point of view.

Must have been the day for suicide yesterday. A co-worker of mine just got the same phone call about his step-sons' (plural) father.

spongebrain

dontwantaname wrote:I'm so sorry.
I miss one day of posts and stick my foot in my mouth.

No offense taken. I think I know you a little better than to assume that it was intentional.

killingtime

spongebrain wrote:So noted. I was his age when my mom killed herself so I am maybe a little jaded in propagating mistakes that my family made. Thanks for the additional point of view.

Must have been the day for suicide yesterday. A co-worker of mine just got the same phone call about his step-sons' (plural) father.

It has been a difficult year...

P.S. New photo added.

krapposelli

spongebrain wrote:So noted. I was his age when my mom killed herself so I am maybe a little jaded in propagating mistakes that my family made. Thanks for the additional point of view.

Wow. And not in a good way, "wow" but in a bad way "wow".

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
krapposelli wrote:Wow. And not in a good way, "wow" but in a bad way "wow".

seconded

Not knowing anything about your son. I am a big proponent of the truth to kids, but there are certain things they can understand and things they can't. With that in mind I think if your son could handle it you could tell him more details, if he understood not to tell other family members, because they can not handle those details. (If your son is a tween/teen, or mature for his age) I think that would work well. Also, after the funeral and grieving period may be a better time to address the issue, once the shock has settled.

I am constantly amazed at the concepts my almost 3 year old can handle, but at the same time, she is in no way ready to even come close to understanding death on this scale, let alone the cause.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

krapposelli

KtCallista wrote:seconded

Not knowing anything about your son. I am a big proponent of the truth to kids, but there are certain things they can understand and things they can't. With that in mind I think if your son could handle it you could tell him more details, if he understood not to tell other family members, because they can not handle those details. (If your son is a tween/teen, or mature for his age) I think that would work well. Also, after the funeral and grieving period may be a better time to address the issue, once the shock has settled.

I am constantly amazed at the concepts my almost 3 year old can handle, but at the same time, she is in no way ready to even come close to understanding death on this scale, let alone the cause.

KtC said everything I wanted to say, but I couldn't find a way to say it concisely and coherently so I just deleted it. With your unfortunate experience in this area, I think you would especially know best on how to help your son through this.

killingtime

Fen's a whack-a-doo.

Truly.

It is November 1st and I have received my first Christmas card of the "season." Yes, from Fen.

Thanks.

Oh...and there was extra postage necessary. The postman left me the following note. I will put the change in the mailbox tomorrow.

Too freakin' funny.