4 tbsp. butter
bunch of chopped onion
bunch of chopped celery
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 2/3 cup milk
3 cups chicken, chopped
1 cup shredded cheese

Break spaghetti in half and cook.

In Dutch oven, sauté onions and celery in butter.

Add mushrooms, soup, milk and chicken.

Add spaghetti and cheese. Mix well.

Bake 30 minutes at 350.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

CHICKEN TACO CASSEROLE

3 or 4 boneless, skinless breasts, shredded

Mix together:

8 oz sour cream
16 or 20 oz Pace picante sauce

Layer in shallow baking pan:

Chicken
@ 9 spoons sauce
Tortilla chips, crushed
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese

Two layers

Bake at 350 about 30 minutes

pooflady

HOW TO COOK CHICKEN BREASTS

Place chicken in a pan.
Cover with chicken broth.
Bring to a boil.
Put lid on pan.
Remove from heat.
Leave lid on and let sit for 20 minutes.
Then let cool in same broth to soak up juices.

I then strain the broth and freeze it to be used again.

sisterC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sisterC

not real creative but i take a family pack of wings (sprinkle garlic pepper salt on them) and grill till almost done. rather than bbq sauce i mop them with western or catalina salad dressing. it's a nice change from the norm...i cook all my chicken on the grill with garlic pepper...even in the dead of winter. if i can see the top of the propane tank, i can grill.

mad dogs and englishmen...i still want the great dane!

BrotherD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrotherD
sisterC wrote:not real creative but i take a family pack of wings (sprinkle garlic pepper salt on them) and grill till almost done. rather than bbq sauce i mop them with western or catalina salad dressing. it's a nice change from the norm...i cook all my chicken on the grill with garlic pepper...even in the dead of winter. if i can see the top of the propane tank, i can grill.

I love to grill out when it is snowing! It makes it special. Steaks though, not chicken.

sisterC

BrotherD wrote:I love to grill out when it is snowing! It makes it special. Steaks though, not chicken.

i do a lot of surf and turf but when the stooges come by i make up a batch of the wings for them too. they are strictly meat eaters! no veggies or taters...just meat and shrimp which i suppose is shell fish meat right?

oh edit: they eat breads...

BrotherD

sisterC wrote:i do a lot of surf and turf but when the stooges come by i make up a batch of the wings for them too. they are strictly meat eaters! no veggies or taters...just meat and shrimp which i suppose is shell fish meat right?

oh edit: they eat breads...

crustaceans... steamed spiced shrimp, old bay seasoning, I'm getting hungry. Crap and this is a chicken thread, sorry.

sisterC

BrotherD wrote:crustaceans... steamed spiced shrimp, old bay seasoning, I'm getting hungry. Crap and this is a chicken thread, sorry.

shell fish meat is easier to spell i have prawns and the big tiger shrimp (21 to 26 per lb) in my freezer. i'll be happy to make you some but you'd have to come here to eat.

uiopreturns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uiopreturns

My favorite Chicken Meal came off a Campbells soup can years ago,

chicken thighs
2 cans Campbells Golden Mushroom Soup
1/2 can of milk (soup can)
large red onion sliced
couple garlic cloves crushed
black pepper
Italian seasoning

Preheat oven to 400

Easy recipe-
just spray bottom of glass baking dish with Pam, place chicken thighs in dish,
in separate bowl mix soup, milk and garlic - after mixed pour this bowl over chicken,
top with onion slices sprinkle black pepper and Italian Seasoning on top
Cover with tinfoil and bake for 1 hour.

When finished take out of oven
Remove chicken onto a platter
pour soup over cooked noodles or use for gravy on mashed potatoes.

pooflady

uiopreturns wrote:My favorite Chicken Meal came off a Campbells soup can years ago,

chicken thighs
2 cans Campbells Golden Mushroom Soup
1/2 can of milk (soup can)
large red onion sliced
couple garlic cloves crushed
black pepper
Italian seasoning

Preheat oven to 400

Easy recipe-
just spray bottom of glass baking dish with Pam, place chicken thighs in dish,
in separate bowl mix soup, milk and garlic - after mixed pour this bowl over chicken,
top with onion slices sprinkle black pepper and Italian Seasoning on top
Cover with tinfoil and bake for 1 hour.

When finished take out of oven
Remove chicken onto a platter
pour soup over cooked noodles or use for gravy on mashed potatoes.

That sounds good.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:That sounds good.

Read you PMs!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3

This is what I've been waiting for! First, you must purchase this! You may then begin to enjoy some of my favorite chicken recipes.

Roast Chicken
Ingredients:
1 roasting chicken (skin on)
1 12 oz can of chicken broth
1 cup white wine
1 cup orange juice
1 cup water
2 cups slow cooking rice
1/2 cup Cajun Power Garlic Sauce

Implements:
1 large roasting pan with lid (turkey size is best)
1 marinade injector (think of it as a hypodermic for poultry)

Prep:
First, catch and kill a free range chicken. Clean it, pluck it, and try not to barf on your work surface. If you are unsuccessful at catching one of your neighbor's chickens, then just buy one at the store.
Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees and turn on the kitchen faucet
Take the chicken out of the plastic bag and remove whatever they decided to stuff in its hollow body cavity. Thoroughly rinse your chicken inside and out and drain. (You don't want to skip this step, chicken processing plants are nasty places!)
Place the chicken breast side up in the center of your roaster. Wash your hands!
Measure out a 1/2 cup of Cajun Garlic Power Sauce and load your marinade injector. Insert the needle of the injector about 3/4 of the way into the meatiest part of the chicken breast. Inject the sauce while slowly removing the injector. Repeat 2-3 times on each breast, 2 times per leg and thigh. (use more sauce if you need to, it doesn't have to be 1/2 cup exactly) Save any unused sauce, you will need it later. (don't pour it back into the bottle!)
Evenly distribute 2 cups of uncooked rice around the chicken. Add wine, juice, chicken broth and water evenly on top of the rice. Add 1-2 teaspoons of salt to the water.
Take any unused sauce and lightly coat the chicken. If any sauce remains pour it over the rice. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. If you have any Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning then dump some of that on there too.
Place lid on roaster and place in the oven for 1 hour.
Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes. Chicken is done when juices run clear after being poked with a fork.

This recipe is very versatile. You can use just water for the rice if none of the other liquids are available. Just remember the ratio is 2 parts liquid to 1 part dry rice. I add 1 extra cup of liquid to make the rice extra moist.
You may also substitute sliced potatoes for rice. Peal and thickly slice enough potatoes to form a ring around the chicken at least 3 slices deep. Cover potatoes with 2 cups of liquid (water, wine, broth, or orange juice). Bake for 1 hour @ 450 degrees.

This chicken has always been very well received. If anyone hates it, they have been too polite to say so! Rarely have any left overs when served to company.

Tomorrow I will post hubby's world famous hot wings recipe!

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp

Since the first recipe I received from the email exchange was for chicken, I'll post it here for all:

Aloha Chicken

Ingredients:
----------------
4 boneless chicken breasts
1 Tbsp. Flour
! Tbsp. Oil
16 oz .can pineapple chunks
1 tsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. Honey
1 Tbsp. Teriyaki sauce
!/8 tsp. pepper
Hot cooked rice

Instructions:
-----------------
Flatten the chicken breast to ¼” thickeness.
Place the flour in a resealable plastic bag and then add in the chicken to coat.
In a skillet, over medium heat, brown the chicken in the oil for 3-5 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
Remove the chicken from the skillet and keep warm.
Drain the pineapple juice reserving ¼ cup of the juice.
In a small bowl, combine the reserved pineapple juice and cornstarch until smooth.
Add into skillet.
Stir in the honey. Teriyaki sauce and the pepper.
Boil 30 seconds or until thickened.
Add in the pineapple and chicken.
Heat thorough and then serve on a bed of rice.

pooflady

BrotherJ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrotherJ

GARLIC CHICKEN

3 Large heads of garlic (about 40 cloves)
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
8 chicken thighs, skinned (I use 6 whole legs)
1 cup chopped parsley
3/4 teaspoon salt (I use 1/2)
Freshly ground pepper
Freshly ground nutmeg

1. Preheat oven to 375 (F)

2. Separate garlic into cloves. In a saucepan of rapidly boiling water blanch garlic for about 30 seconds.

3. Run garlic under cold water. Trim tops and bottoms of garlic and slip off the skins.

4. Pour EVOO into a 3 - 4 quart casserole with tightly fitting lid. Add garlic and toss to coat with oil. Add chicken and turn to coat with oil. Scatter parsley over top and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.

5. Cover and bake one hour.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish...

pooflady

Oohhh, that sounds good.

And breath mints for anyone who eats it.

BrotherJ

pooflady wrote:Oohhh, that sounds good.

And breath mints for anyone who eats it.

Nahhh...when roasted long enough, the whole clove takes on a nutty flavor. Maybe a little hint of garlic on your breath, but not too bad. The next day though, you can smell it coming out of your skin.

pooflady

BrotherJ wrote:Nahhh...when roasted long enough, the whole clove takes on a nutty flavor. Maybe a little hint of garlic on your breath, but not too bad. The next day though, you can smell it coming out of your skin.

Oh, well, then. No problem, right?

BrotherJ

pooflady wrote:Oh, well, then. No problem, right?

Doesn't bother me when I eat it

pooflady

BrotherJ wrote:Doesn't bother me when I eat it

Do you notice people giving you a wide berth the next day?

BrotherJ

pooflady wrote:Do you notice people giving you a wide berth the next day?

The people in the offices on either side of me are both of Italian heritage. One stops at his friend's restaurant on the way home to pick up a dozen roasted cloves everyday on the way home...I would be very surprised if they make it out of the car.

The other usually has garlic for lunch. So I guess we are all equally offensive to our co-workers. I don't touch the stuff two days before a concert...have to be nice to my fellow chorus members.

BrotherD

If anyone is interested I can post a recipe for chicken and broccoli. It was one of my Mom's favorites and now my wife makes it. Chicken, broccoli (duh), cream / curry sauce, and a bread crumb topping. Served over noodles. It also keeps really well for left overs.

BrotherJ

BrotherD wrote:If anyone is interested I can post a recipe for chicken and broccoli. It was one of my Mom's favorites and now my wife makes it. Chicken, broccoli (duh), cream / curry sauce, and a bread crumb topping. Served over noodles. It also keeps really well for left overs.

curry is always good. it is one of my favorite spice blends.

pooflady

BrotherD wrote:If anyone is interested I can post a recipe for chicken and broccoli. It was one of my Mom's favorites and now my wife makes it. Chicken, broccoli (duh), cream / curry sauce, and a bread crumb topping. Served over noodles. It also keeps really well for left overs.

Sounds good to me.

BrotherD

pooflady wrote:Sounds good to me.

I'll dig it out and post it tomorrow.

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp
BrotherJ wrote:GARLIC CHICKEN

We make one very similar, 'cept you leave the skins on the garlic, and the only spice sprinkled over the chicken is rosemary.

After baking, all the garlic is removed and squeezed from the skins, pureed with butter, and spread over halved loaves of french bread. The bread is returned to the still hot oven for toasting til golden.

Mmmm ... making myself hungry and I'm in the middle of eating breakfast. Any recipe with this much garlic gets an immediate two thumbs up from me.

Edit: I forgot -- small potatoes, halved, cut side down also in the roasting pan. Olive oil drizzled over them as well as in the pan.

Google "40 clove chicken". There are a lot of varieties under that title, but they all have one thing in common: GARLIC. Mmmm ...

pooflady

Only seven chicken receipes! And two were mine! I would have thought there'd be a lot more. I could post three or four more. Doesn't anyone fix chicken?

And Brother D was supposed to post one today.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:Only seven chicken receipes! And two were mine! I would have thought there'd be a lot more. I could post three or four more. Doesn't anyone fix chicken?

I'm still working on mine . . . I have to work out the process for my asiago/bing cherry/mandarin orange cream sauce . . . I generally just wing it . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining
AZGman wrote:I'm still working on mine . . . I have to work out the process for my asiago/bing cherry/mandarin orange cream sauce . . . I generally just wing it . . .

Your pulling my leg, right.

AZGman

Raining wrote:Your pulling my leg, right.

Nope . . . but it's a lot of work worth the effort.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:I'm still working on mine . . . I have to work out the process for my asiago/bing cherry/mandarin orange cream sauce . . . I generally just wing it . . .

Hmm, that sounds good. I'm making cherried meatballs for card club Monday. F i r s t time.

BrotherD

pooflady wrote:Only seven chicken receipes! And two were mine! I would have thought there'd be a lot more. I could post three or four more. Doesn't anyone fix chicken?

I will tomorrow, promise. The day got away from me.

AZGman

BrotherD wrote:I will tomorrow, promise. The day got away from me.

How were the ribs?

zea3

Hubby makes excellent hot wings. Very simple.
Ingrediants:
1 large bag of chicken wings.
Cajun Power Garlic Sauce.

Grill your wings over a charcoal fire. If you must use gas, place small pie pan of well soaked mesquite wood chips over the hottest part of the grill. Smoke is a must for flavor!
Grill wings about 15-20 minutes or until done. Place wings in a large, deep bowl. Drizzle Cajun Power Garlic Sauce over the wings, toss with tongs to coat chicken. Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.

zea3

BrotherJ wrote:The people in the offices on either side of me are both of Italian heritage. One stops at his friend's restaurant on the way home to pick up a dozen roasted cloves everyday on the way home...I would be very surprised if they make it out of the car.

The other usually has garlic for lunch. So I guess we are all equally offensive to our co-workers. I don't touch the stuff two days before a concert...have to be nice to my fellow chorus members.

My oldest son loves pickled garlic cloves. I can't stand it! The smell is enough to drive you out of the house!

pooflady

zea3 wrote:My oldest son loves pickled garlic cloves. I can't stand it! The smell is enough to drive you out of the house!

Speaking of pickled, I tried to find pickled asparagus spears today and couldn't.

BrotherD

AZGman wrote:How were the ribs?

Oh, man, now there is a recipe I need to get, but she won't tell. They were great, a really good time and I am full.

AZGman

BrotherD wrote:Oh, man, now there is a recipe I need to get, but she won't tell. They were great, a really good time and I am full.

She prepped and you just cooked??

BrotherD

AZGman wrote:She prepped and you just cooked??

Yes, she had rubbed some seasoning on them and then there was a sauce we (I had help) brushed on when we flipped them. Really good.

BrotherD

loss of man points for typing this in during football, but I said I would.

Curried Chicken and Broccoli (Serves 8)

4 whole chicken breasts, cooked
2 packages (10 oz) frozen broccoli, cooked and drained
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1 cup buttered beard crumbs*

Skin and bone cooked chicken breasts. Place broccoli in baking dish (9 x 13) and top with slices of chicken meat.

Combine undiluted chicken soup with mayonnaise, milk, cheese, lemon juice and curry. Pour over chicken and sprinkle with bettered bread crumbs.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 35 minutes (This dish may be frozen before baking. To serve, return to room temperature and bake.)

* Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a small fry pan. Add bread crumbs, toss lightly. Distribute butter and mix in 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese for added flavor.