samiratou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages samiratou
Corrado wrote:

WD will correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that WCC has some legal shipping limitations they need to be careful of. During woot offs, the overall volume increases such that they may have to hold shipping.

When I ordered wine from a past woot-off and it took awhile to ship, I emailed service and was told that there were limits on how many wines could be shipped out per week, and with the weekly offering and something like 4 in the woot-off, things were delayed for that reason. So, that jives with my previous experience.

brinkmann0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brinkmann0
pagreen wrote:
And on another note, UPS package delivery drivers, long-haul drivers, dock workers, etc. are all union (Teamsters). USPS workers are unionized as well (at least four different unions). Their FedEx counterparts (with the exception of the pilots) are not. I prefer my packages shipped union.

Is there a check box on the order page? Put me down for non-union.

d'oh! but FedEx 2-day goes through Ft. Worth (booo, hiss...) on its way here. Just got a leaking bottle of CDP from K&L yesterday that came FedEx 2-day. Woot! isn't the only one having problems with the heat.

mheeren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mheeren
brinkmann0 wrote:Is there a check box on the order page? Put me down for non-union.

d'oh! but FedEx 2-day goes through Ft. Worth (booo, hiss...) on its way here. Just got a leaking bottle of CDP from K&L yesterday that came FedEx 2-day. Woot! isn't the only one having problems with the heat.

Put me down for ANY shipping service, union, non-union, or trained labradors, who can get the wine to me in a reasonable amount of time, undamaged by heat or shipping, and keep me informed of its progress along the way.

ontOtters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ontOtters

After further delay -- I'm not going to be around when the delivery is going to be made--- how can i cancel my order and get credited?

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

Thanks for the update WD. I was afeered my Ty trio was out there all alone and very afraid. Glad to know there is a reason for the hold up. Thanks much.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

javadrinker

quality posts: 5 Private Messages javadrinker
Corrado wrote:Sounds like SmartPost.
...or it's just as simple as the woot-off tripling (or quadrupling) their normal weekly volume that, just like juvie.woot during a woot-off, everything slows down going out the door.

This is what I was attributing my So Cal delays to. It took forever to get my woot off wines and my Mandolina order was slow but my Ty wines got here fairly quickly.

And on the plus plus side...my ketchup pack collection grows. I feel sorry for the Texans who keep getting gypped out of theirs. I now have about 30 in my freezer. I'll never need an ice cube again.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

threemoons

quality posts: 19 Private Messages threemoons

Jesus H. Christ, where is my WootOff Wine already? Enough!

Daystar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Daystar
threemoons wrote:Jesus H. Christ, where is my WootOff Wine already? Enough!

Right there w/ you bud. I recieved my notification of shipping for my woot off wines on 7/19.......neither has yet to get here or be provided w/ tracking info, it's been almost a MONTH. All woot customer service has to say is, "See our new shipping schd"

In fact I have reci my Madelina that was ordered a week after my woot offs and I got them like a week + ago.....

akretz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akretz
Daystar wrote:Right there w/ you bud. I recieved my notification of shipping for my woot off wines on 7/19.......neither has yet to get here or be provided w/ tracking info, it's been almost a MONTH. All woot customer service has to say is, "See our new shipping schd"

In fact I have reci my Madelina that was ordered a week after my woot offs and I got them like a week + ago.....

various things.

1) you ordered a woot off wine, not a wine.woot wine. (higher volumes = slower shipment times.)
2) each order is shipped from the wine maker, not some central wharehouse, so maybe the wine you ordered the week after was from a wine maker on the ball.
3) earlier in this thread they stated that this shipment had a refrigerated truck that broke down(not the refrigeration thankfully) and that it got there late. Due to this they weren't putting it into the UPS system until this week.
4) it's wine, it won't go bad in a refrigerated truck. Worry more when it hits UPS and THEN takes forever as it's sitting cooking in a 120 degree truck for a few days.

76 Bottles -- 3 tacky woot -- 2 seachimps -- CHEESE!!!!!

Avg Bottle = $16.59

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Looks like the 'broken truck' ditched it's load in NY/NJ this afternoon. My Mandolina & Castoro orders are now moving north under cover of night. They'll have their day in the sun tomorrow before a scheduled delivery Wednesday around noon.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

pagreen

quality posts: 8 Private Messages pagreen
Corrado wrote:Looks like the 'broken truck' ditched it's load in NY/NJ this afternoon. My Mandolina & Castoro orders are now moving north under cover of night. They'll have their day in the sun tomorrow before a scheduled delivery Wednesday around noon.

Yes, I see that two of my four pending orders will arive tomorrow. I am glad they are not all coming at once, as that would risk an "intervention" by worried co-workers.

clayfu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages clayfu
javadrinker wrote:This is what I was attributing my So Cal delays to. It took forever to get my woot off wines and my Mandolina order was slow but my Ty wines got here fairly quickly.

And on the plus plus side...my ketchup pack collection grows. I feel sorry for the Texans who keep getting gypped out of theirs. I now have about 30 in my freezer. I'll never need an ice cube again.

i just realized, California is over 85 degrees and i didn't get a ketchup pack in mine. What's up with that? AND it took them 2 weeks to ship to me. Which looks like is gonna be the same with the Pinot Noirs.

What the dealio WD?

clayfu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages clayfu

every single ketchup packet came extremely warm

Maximum Depth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Maximum Depth

Got my woot-off Stuart Trio wine yesterday. It went from reefer Cali truck to Elsmere, NY and then (I suppose) way down here to NC on a two day trip. No ice packs, just cardboard packing. The box and contents were warm to the touch but no apparent leaking. Will let you all know this weekend about taste.

I need to get up with my friend who buys wine all the time and has it shipped. See if he can offer any insight.

Keep Durham Dangerous

Solari

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Solari
For residents of eastern states (specifically FL, SC, NC, VA, WV, OH, MI, CT, VT, NH, NY), we’ve implemented a process that consolidates all the wine orders onto a refrigerated truck, shoving off once a week. This rolling icebox will pass the orders off to a small-parcel carrier near you. Another day or two after that, your wine will be in your hand, wine rack, or belly.

I just got shipping notification today (Thursday) that my Madison Cellars Paso Robles Trio is finally on its way but it doesn't seem to be following the Woot policy as defined above. I'm here in Florida and the UPS tracker says the wine was dropped off in New York and will not get here until Monday, meaning it's going to sit for awhile and possibly heat up.

Should I be concerned? I noticed another policy was not to ship out on Thursdays or Fridays so wines wouldn't sit over the weekend?

Ray

akretz

Solari wrote:I just got shipping notification today (Thursday) that my Madison Cellars Paso Robles Trio is finally on its way but it doesn't seem to be following the Woot policy as defined above. I'm here in Florida and the UPS tracker says the wine was dropped off in New York and will not get here until Monday, meaning it's going to sit for awhile and possibly heat up.

Should I be concerned? I noticed another policy was not to ship out on Thursdays or Fridays so wines wouldn't sit over the weekend?

Ray

I would say yes, you should be concerned, and no it shouldn't have happened.

Avg Bottle = $16.59

philmck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages philmck

Mine's spending the weekend in a warehouse! Seems that the broken reefer truck has cursed my shipment as well. No more till cooller weather for me.

Rescheduled Delivery: 08/20/2007
Shipped To: MEDINA, OH, US
Shipped/Billed On: 08/06/2007
Service: GROUND
Weight: 18.00 Lbs

Package Progress
Location Date Local Time Description
MIDDLEBURG HEIGHTS,
OH, US 08/17/2007 2:09 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
PARSIPPANY,
NJ, US 08/17/2007 3:54 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
PARSIPPANY,
NJ, US 08/16/2007 10:15 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
ELMSFORD,
NY, US 08/16/2007 8:30 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
08/16/2007 6:48 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 08/06/2007 2:46 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 08/17/2007 5:45 P.M. ET

pagreen

I don't mean to be a whiner, but the only time the summer shipping policy actually worked with my wine was when the reefer truck broke down. At least that week, my wine sat on a super-cool truck over the weekend, and was only dumped into the UPS system on Monday for a Wednesday delivery. Every other time, the wine has been dropped off on a Thursday, guaranteeing that it would sit in a UPS truck somewhere between Landover and Laurel, MD for the weekend. The whole point of the summer shipping policy, I thought, was to make sure that wine spent no more than 2 days in the UPS system. I don't mind the extra $2, nor do I mind the additional time it takes for wine to arrive (3 weeks for the Mandolina, longer for the Woot-off wines). I am not thrilled, however, by a policy designed to fail. Fortunately, it was a cool (hey, what happened to the filters!) weekend, so my Ty Catons are probably OK (and I don't think my Langes are on the truck).

bunnymasseuse

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bunnymasseuse

I have yet to get a ship time or even tracking info on my recent Trio either to Texas, any clues from other w00ters?

129 Woots and counting

Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

bunnymasseuse wrote:I have yet to get a ship time or even tracking info on my recent Trio either to Texas, any clues from other w00ters?

Depends on when you ordered and where you live. Unless you ordered the Madison Trio early in the week, your wine would be sent out to the East Coast before this Wed. If you live West of the Mississippi river, I believe WCC was holding some shipments based on expected heat-wave conditions.

bunnymasseuse

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bunnymasseuse
Corrado wrote:Depends on when you ordered and where you live. Unless you ordered the Madison Trio early in the week, your wine would be sent out to the East Coast before this Wed. If you live West of the Mississippi river, I believe WCC was holding some shipments based on expected heat-wave conditions.

My item was ordered 8/13 and was being sent as a gift to TX (not East coast where I am located).

129 Woots and counting

msvogin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msvogin

Has anyone else had problems with the Lange Willamette Valley Pinot Noir Duo. I ordered this on 08/07/2007 and my card billed on that same day. Although I have an order number and a UPS tracking number, I have been unable to get any response from Woot Wine as to current status. UPS advised that they have received billing instructions but no actual package. As of 8/23/07, I am out ~$72 and have not had a response to several e-mails to Woot. If anyone has a suggestion, I’d appreciate it.

Marianne Scogin

Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

msvogin wrote:Has anyone else had problems with the Lange Willamette Valley Pinot Noir Duo. I ordered this on 08/07/2007 and my card billed on that same day. Although I have an order number and a UPS tracking number, I have been unable to get any response from Woot Wine as to current status. UPS advised that they have received billing instructions but no actual package. As of 8/23/07, I am out ~$72 and have not had a response to several e-mails to Woot. If anyone has a suggestion, I’d appreciate it.

Depending on where you live, your wine takes different routes and will ship at different times. You card will always bill at the time of the transaction. When you get the "Billing Information Received" that's typically the sign that your wine has been boxed & tagged. East-Coast folks get an extra wait when that UPS package gets carted across the country before getting dropped outside of NYC for 2-day delivery. Until that happens, the UPS tracking number won't show any movement.

It sounds like your Lange probably missed the Lange-week truck and ended up going out a week later, driving across the country for a week, and is likely making it's way through the UPS system to you right now.

It's taken me over 3 weeks to get wine before, but it always shows up. If something awful did happen with your shipment, woot will make it right.

pagreen

My Langes just showed up at my office on Friday. Unfortunately, I will not be back there until Wednesday. Nevertheless, this is the first time the summer shipping scheme has actually worked for me. The wine was dropped into the UPS system on Wednesday after its cross-country trek, and it arrived on Friday at my office. I am hopeful it will not be stolen.

skelator818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skelator818

Hey woot!staff!

You're still charging for the "freezer" packets, but they're not included anymore. What's the deal?
I'm VERY near the shippers in NorCal and don't need it most days. That is until they deliver while I'm gone and the wine sits all day in a 90 degree truck. BUT you did raise the shipping cost to cover these new items and either give them up or lower the price.

Come on Bandolier of Carrots!

akretz

skelator818 wrote:Hey woot!staff!

You're still charging for the "freezer" packets, but they're not included anymore. What's the deal?
I'm VERY near the shippers in NorCal and don't need it most days. That is until they deliver while I'm gone and the wine sits all day in a 90 degree truck. BUT you did raise the shipping cost to cover these new items and either give them up or lower the price.

as was stated these items are used for those that need them based on the weather. I've never recieved them myself in NYC and I certainly don't feel the need to complain. Perhaps I should, owing that your next door to the wineries and they have already wasted them on you as it is.

Avg Bottle = $16.59

skelator818

akretz wrote:as was stated these items are used for those that need them based on the weather. I've never recieved them myself in NYC and I certainly don't feel the need to complain. Perhaps I should, owing that your next door to the wineries and they have already wasted them on you as it is.

I'm not complaining so much as requesting I'm no longer charged to subsidize other wooters orders. I love the offers on wine.woot and will continue to take advantage of everything I think we'd like. Just a little more honesty in the charges would be better, that's all. And you should DEFFINATELY be getting them if its going all the way to NYC! I've gotten wine sent from Napa 1 day away that arrived hot and spoiled, I can only imagine the long trip across country.
Happy wooting!

Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

akretz wrote:as was stated these items are used for those that need them based on the weather. I've never recieved them myself in NYC and I certainly don't feel the need to complain.

Actually, any of the reefer recipients won't get the gel packs. The reason is that these are intended to act as short-term cooling for the 'other' packages that are making their trip through 'normal' delivery methods. They'd acclimate to the box temp by the time the reefer truck reached the UPS hub, so they wouldn't provide any realistic benefit to East Coasters, so they're not included for us.

skelator818

Corrado wrote:Actually, any of the reefer recipients won't get the gel packs. The reason is that these are intended to act as short-term cooling for the 'other' packages that are making their trip through 'normal' delivery methods. They'd acclimate to the box temp by the time the reefer truck reached the UPS hub, so they wouldn't provide any realistic benefit to East Coasters, so they're not included for us.

So east coasters don't get it, west coasters don't get it, the reffer truck folks don't get it...has anyone ever gotten one of the mysterious gel packs in a region it might help in? Did the extra $2 goto the special reefer truck?
Still a steal at $7 shipping, don't misread me folks, I'm still confused on the justification of the increase in summer, not he increase itself.

Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

skelator818 wrote:So east coasters don't get it, west coasters don't get it, the reffer truck folks don't get it...has anyone ever gotten one of the mysterious gel packs in a region it might help in? Did the extra $2 goto the special reefer truck?
Still a steal at $7 shipping, don't misread me folks, I'm still confused on the justification of the increase in summer, not he increase itself.

Yeah, folks have posted about getting them. I don't think they were crystal clear about who was gellin' like a Chenin (wait a minute, that doesn't work...), who was reefin', and who (if anyone) was in the 'Cmon, it's still $7 people!!' group getting neither reefer or gel.

The posts I've seen about 'gel' have been largely from them vocal Texans, so it's possible that they were used more for the mid-range shipping orders going to the midwest. Just tossin' out ideas 'cause I don't know for sure.

I look at it that whether shipping is $5 or $7, it's still a ripping good deal and we should PRAISE the non-summer shipping plan that gives us a $2 discount on shipping.

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan

So is the summer shipping procedure the same for The Big Fun Summer of '08 as it was for the Big Somewhat Fun But Not As Fun As Next Year Probably Will Be Summer of '07?

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

debegone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages debegone

Well my replacement Ty Caton order arrived today, in Texas, and yet again one of the bottles leaked and all bottles were hot to the touch. Doesn't seem like the catsup packets helped at all. It makes me sad to think I'll never be able to get a good bottle delivered this summer.

Lighter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Lighter

Wow! I didn't know that forum threads could be reborn as ZOMBIE WINE W00TER FORUM.

clarefree

quality posts: 1 Private Messages clarefree

I live in TX and just got my wine woot. The Chateau Souvereign Pinot Noir 3-pack. It arrived very hot

101 woots since 9/07. Woooooot!

PeterN

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PeterN

I've been waiting for my Balsamic Vinegar for a bit now, and it's missed this week's delivery window, which was supposed to be dropped off at ups by wednesday as far as I know.

Would it be possible to get the coordinates of the reefer truck on a daily basis, and throw it up on a google map, and make it clickable so we can watch our bottles cross the country?

-Peter

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
PeterN wrote:I've been waiting for my Balsamic Vinegar for a bit now, and it's missed this week's delivery window, which was supposed to be dropped off at ups by wednesday as far as I know.

Would it be possible to get the coordinates of the reefer truck on a daily basis, and throw it up on a google map, and make it clickable so we can watch our bottles cross the country?

-Peter

type A+++ personality huh?!?

do you know... what biodynamics is?

bardolator

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bardolator

Crud; I hadn't thought about the fact that, once the wine gets to the local UPS facility, it could spoil if it sits there a few days. I guess I thought they were refrigerated.

I'm a bit ticked (but not at Woot). Lately, every delivery from w.w. shows up in the UPS system as "rescheduled" for a later date, about halfway between its origin and here in Tampa. This has resulted in my missing the UPS guy more than once.

For this latest shipment (a replacement for a cooked bottle of GunBun), I scheduled redelivery for a date I'd be home. For some reason, the driver brought it out on his truck AGAIN--which means it was on the truck at least two days in a row.

Crud, crud, crud. Now I'm worried about my Ty Caton. It's scheduled for Friday, and I was going to have it redelivered Tuesday.

What should I do?

I wish we could choose between UPS and FedEx--the FedEx guy comes later in the evening, when I'm actually home. I'd be willing to pay for the privilege....

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
bardolator wrote:Crud; I hadn't thought about the fact that, once the wine gets to the local UPS facility, it could spoil if it sits there a few days. I guess I thought they were refrigerated.

I'm a bit ticked (but not at Woot). Lately, every delivery from w.w. shows up in the UPS system as "rescheduled" for a later date, about halfway between its origin and here in Tampa. This has resulted in my missing the UPS guy more than once.

For this latest shipment (a replacement for a cooked bottle of GunBun), I scheduled redelivery for a date I'd be home. For some reason, the driver brought it out on his truck AGAIN--which means it was on the truck at least two days in a row.

Crud, crud, crud. Now I'm worried about my Ty Caton. It's scheduled for Friday, and I was going to have it redelivered Tuesday.

What should I do?

I wish we could choose between UPS and FedEx--the FedEx guy comes later in the evening, when I'm actually home. I'd be willing to pay for the privilege....

can you send it to your work? or rent a UPS box (they'll sign for it and hold it for ya inside the store...with AC)

CT

bardolator

bkarney wrote:can you send it to your work? or rent a UPS box (they'll sign for it and hold it for ya inside the store...with AC)

I'm a high school teacher. O-nay on the ine-way at ork-way.

I've already checked into the UPS box scenario. It's really expensive in my neck of the woods (or at least it seems so to me; don't recall how much, just that I went "YOW!" when I heard).

I guess I'll just hold off on future orders--but what about the wine that's waiting for me now, and has been for a few days? Life stuff has prevented my going to pick it up--plus which, it's a fair distance. I'd go Friday to pick up the rogue GunBun because that's the day they're supposed to delivery the Ty Caton, but b/c that's the first delivery attempt it won't be available--probably until Monday. Really frustrating. >

I wish Woot could offer Saturday delivery as an option. I know, I know--too confusing. But it would make my life sooooo much easier (and I'd buy more wine!).

bardolator

Just went to open a bottle of the Roessler, and the cork was pushed just slightly above the neck. Man. That's the second shipment that's been damaged; I don't even want to think about my Ty Catons. Missed the UPS guy yesterday and will pick up after school Monday. I was only charged $5 for shipping, so I'm assuming there were no ketchup packets along for the ride.