pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
bjanele wrote:i hate it when i plan a 17-day trip to italy and have been looking foward to it for months, and then iceland starts spewing volcanic ash...

You have all my sympathy. It's even worse because there's nobody to be mad at or blame.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

bjanele

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjanele
dontwantaname wrote:OUCH!
Better to be home, than be stuck in Italy.
Unless you are retired, or have a ton of time off.

pooflady wrote:You have all my sympathy. It's even worse because there's nobody to be mad at or blame.

Thank you for your thoughts, and for the reminder to be grateful that I am not stranded somewhere at an airport in a foreign country. I am most definitely not retired, in fact still shy of 30, so hopefully there will be other chances later in my life. However, I was supposed to be traveling with my aunt who is currently on sabbatical, and for her this is definitely a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. To make matters worse, while there is still a chance that my flights might be okay, hers go through different airports that are currently closed. That leaves me with the awful decision of "should I still go even if she can't go?" Hopefully by tomorrow we will know what's going to happen.

Yes, it sure would be nice to have someone to blame...

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

bjanele wrote:Thank you for your thoughts, and for the reminder to be grateful that I am not stranded somewhere at an airport in a foreign country. I am most definitely not retired, in fact still shy of 30, so hopefully there will be other chances later in my life. However, I was supposed to be traveling with my aunt who is currently on sabbatical, and for her this is definitely a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. To make matters worse, while there is still a chance that my flights might be okay, hers go through different airports that are currently closed. That leaves me with the awful decision of "should I still go even if she can't go?" Hopefully by tomorrow we will know what's going to happen.

They said on the news that airlines sent up planes and decided it wasn't dangerous.
Since Italy is so far away from the volcano, maybe you will be able to go.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
bjanele wrote:

You could blame the Norse fire giant Surtur but I seriously doubt he'd care.

I'm sorry about your dielemma.If travel loosens up I would go anyway and perhaps your aunt could catch up to you.

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady

I really hate that the shortened form of microphone is mic, but pronounced mike. I'm sure this annoys no one else in the world, but it does me.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman
pooflady wrote:I really hate that the shortened form of microphone is mic, but pronounced mike. I'm sure this annoys no one else in the world, but it does me.

Well, dammit, now I'm annoyed!

avosgo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages avosgo

I really hate it when the school nurse calls you at work to say your kid has almost a 101 degree temp, you worry and take her to the doctor and the reading is 98 degrees. Seriously? She has to miss 2 days of school because of it?!

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

I hate the phone system at work.

I've worked here for 3 years. I've been assigned 6 phone numbers.

First one, no problems. Changed jobs, got a new number. Discovered 3 weeks later, that number was assigned to another employee. Get a new number assigned. A month later, that line starts dialing other numbers at random. Phone would flip to speaker phone, dial, and ring and ring and ring. Techs couldn't resolve it, though they did get to witness it (thankfully, otherwise they thought I was crazy up to that point despite numerous witnesses). That line and phone were taken away and I was assigned a VOIP line. It was well behaved. Changed jobs again, new line. No problems. For 4 months. Then they moved me to a new office. Phone dials out, but no incoming calls. After 3 weeks of asking, the fix it. For 3 whole HOURS this morning, I had a phone that did what one expects a phone to do.

Then I called in to have the voice mail account reset.

And now, the phone number that was assigned to me goes to someone elses' voice mail. And I can't dial out anymore.

Sigh.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

mwiseman

I hate being the phone system administrator.

Mavyn

mwiseman wrote:I hate being the phone system administrator.

Do you get to use the excuse 'we can not work that issue right now due to the launch window'?

Sigh.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:I really hate that the shortened form of microphone is mic, but pronounced mike. I'm sure this annoys no one else in the world, but it does me.

i think "mike" is also accepted as a shortened form. not that that alleviates your annoyance any.

mwiseman

Mavyn wrote:Do you get to use the excuse 'we can not work that issue right now due to the launch window'?

Sigh.

Nah. For me it's lunch window.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

I hate when I go to start a fire, but there is no kindling (normally isn't this is the first year Orc has cut kindling in the last 5 that we've had a wood stove) and so it needs extra work to get it started, but I get pulled away by kids and the fire ultimately goes out! Grrrrr

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

KtCallista wrote:I hate when I go to start a fire, but there is no kindling (normally isn't this is the first year Orc has cut kindling in the last 5 that we've had a wood stove) and so it needs extra work to get it started, but I get pulled away by kids and the fire ultimately goes out! Grrrrr

Is this one of them euphemisms I'm always hearing about?

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

oops; wrong thread.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
PemberDucky wrote:Is this one of them euphemisms I'm always hearing about?

Not this time, Orc is teaching at a conference today.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
Mavyn wrote:I hate the phone system at work.

I've worked here for 3 years. I've been assigned 6 phone numbers.

First one, no problems. Changed jobs, got a new number. Discovered 3 weeks later, that number was assigned to another employee. Get a new number assigned. A month later, that line starts dialing other numbers at random. Phone would flip to speaker phone, dial, and ring and ring and ring. Techs couldn't resolve it, though they did get to witness it (thankfully, otherwise they thought I was crazy up to that point despite numerous witnesses). That line and phone were taken away and I was assigned a VOIP line. It was well behaved. Changed jobs again, new line. No problems. For 4 months. Then they moved me to a new office. Phone dials out, but no incoming calls. After 3 weeks of asking, the fix it. For 3 whole HOURS this morning, I had a phone that did what one expects a phone to do.

Then I called in to have the voice mail account reset.

And now, the phone number that was assigned to me goes to someone elses' voice mail. And I can't dial out anymore.

Sigh.

Sounds like they need a new phone system.

Still single, can't imagine why.

Smoothesuede

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Smoothesuede

I hate getting sick.
Moreover, I hate knowing that it's one of those wait-it-out type bugs, but everyone insists you go to the doctor and shell out money for him to tell you what you already knew and give you some slightly stronger Aspirins to chug for a week.

FenStar

D'name

(Just kidding!)

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:D'name

(Just kidding!)

//smack

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead

knowing I need sleep, but never doing it anyways, even when I have nothing better to be doing.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

Mavyn

Running out of rum.

Running out of cola isn't so bad...

tennisplayer121

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tennisplayer121
Schrobblehead wrote:knowing I need sleep, but never doing it anyways, even when I have nothing better to be doing.

me too

Last Post

Teripie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Teripie

I hate the fact that toilet paper rolls have shrunk in size!

“Anything is a great deal at some price,” Some Rutledge Guy.

mwiseman

Teripie wrote:I hate the fact that toilet paper rolls have shrunk in size!

I hate that my ass has not.

FenStar

Guests that make their bed.

Do they really have to be so rude? Oh, here, yea, just go ahead an make your bed so that I have to spend a half an hour getting the sheets off to wash them. Oh, and tuck them in real tight so that anything loosely woven gets all Frankensteined out of shape when I pull them out.

FenStar

Missing pillowcases. You would think that if you use someone eases sheets you would make sure you didn't loose anything.

pooflady

Gee, Fen, we both had a post deleted.

pooflady

The Oreo packages. Whoever came up with that idea that should be sentenced to spend the rest of their lives trying to get the Oreos out of the corners.

FenStar

pooflady wrote:Gee, Fen, we both had a post deleted.

I have seen some new mods, I don't think they know WTF the are doing.
Or D'name pressed the wrong button. :P

EDIT: nevermind, I did use some bad language, didn't I?

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
mwiseman wrote:I hate that my ass has not.

I've heard that your opinion is 'widely' shared.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

fall colours.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

People who complain because I'm too busy to get to their issues, then schedule a time with me so that I can help them - and then....

THEY DON'T SHOW UP!!!!

Don't complain if you can't show up to the meeting that you scheduled!

FenStar

kdccrosby wrote:People who complain because I'm to busy to get to their issues, then schedule a time with me so that I can help them - and then....

THEY DON'T SHOW UP!!!!

Don't complain if you can't show up to the meeting that you scheduled!

I hate it when people think I should do stuff, go to meetings, and whatnot during a woot-off.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:I hate it when people think I should do stuff, go to meetings, and whatnot during a woot-off.

I hate Fen
Why?
Because his pictures always turn out so very much better than mine!

(no, I don't really hate you Fen)

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:fall colours.

Oh come on.
That is just wrong.
It is spelled wrong too.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Oh come on.
That is just wrong.
It is spelled wrong too.

British spelling.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:British spelling.

Another grey/gray thing?

By the way I hate the grey/Gray thing. We have a Grey/Gray in the family somewhere and now I don't know how to spell it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

whitey

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady

The huge handles on all kitchen gadgets now. Peelers, scoops, everything has those huge handles. I don't have enough drawer space in the kitchen as it is.