pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Took these pictures in too bright of sunshine.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Poof, do you treat your deck? It would look stunning if you put some type of wood protector on it each year. Youc an get them without stains.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady

daj59 wrote:Poof, do you treat your deck? It would look stunning if you put some type of wood protector on it each year. Youc an get them without stains.

It's cleaned and stained about every other year.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:e-mail size

Rock garden

Very pretty. But uh-oh, do I see white rock in the background?

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Rock garden

How high is your basement ceiling?
Does Poofguy want to play with my yard?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

daj59 wrote:
Very pretty. But uh-oh, do I see white rock in the background?

I don't think so. Most are rocks off the beach of Lake Erie.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:

They get heavy if you have to carry them far.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:

How high is your basement ceiling?
Does Poofguy want to play with my yard?

Standard 8 feet.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:

Standard 8 feet.

Can I have your house?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:

Whew, thought you might have to take a beating from Dname there.

FORUM MODERATOR

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom

Rock garden

Very pretty!

I have never had a rock garden, it is so wet and shady here I probably could not.
Is there a fountain in there?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

daj59 wrote:Whew, thought you might have to take a beating from Dname there.

I wasn't the only on horrified by KT's white rocks! They look good where KT put them, but they only stay white for a few weeks.
I'm a reject from the brooklyn Italian race....I hate white rocks.
A few houses in my old neighborhood had fireplaces. Nice fieldstone ones. People loved to make them marble.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

OK, I'm going to try to go to sleep while I'm still sleepy. I'll be wide awake by 1.
If I wake up feeding Splinter and getting ready for bed, I'll be back.
If not....Goodnight all!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:OK, I'm going to try to go to sleep while I'm still sleepy. I'll be wide awake by 1.
If I wake up feeding Splinter and getting ready for bed, I'll be back.
If not....Goodnight all!

Goodnite, maybe. If not, welcome back.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

acemom wrote:

Very pretty!

I have never had a rock garden, it is so wet and shady here I probably could not.
Is there a fountain in there?

Nope, just on the deck. There was going to be a pond in there until he started reading about how much work they are.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:

Nope, just on the deck. There was going to be a pond in there until he started reading about how much work they are.

I agree, rocks are much less work!

FORUM MODERATOR

acemom

pooflady wrote:

Tell me!!
Although a small koi pond would be not too much trouble, really!

(don't tell him I said that!!)

acemom

I had some pretty water lilies growing in the pond until acedad decided to dig out the edges.
Maybe this year...
They don't take any care and they are very pretty.

acemom

I love the smell of daffodils in the morning.

They smell like........
Spring.

acemom

No one got my reference to "Apocalypse Now".

terrybatey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
acemom wrote:

No one got my reference to "Apocalypse Now".

You're right I missed it. Have you been up all night or just rising early?

acemom

terrybatey wrote: You're right I missed it. Have you been up all night or just rising early?

Up all night.

You?

terrybatey

acemom wrote:

Up all night.

You?

I was afraid of that...I fell to sleep last night around 8 and didn't get up till 4AM. Quite a little nappy.

acemom

terrybatey wrote:
I was afraid of that...I fell to sleep last night around 8 and didn't get up till 4AM. Quite a little nappy.

Ah, but you have a reason for that!!!
When I was pregnant I could sleep anywhere, anytime......except for the last month.
I was so big I slept propped up on the sofa, lol. No comfortable place anywhere...

terrybatey

acemom wrote:
Ah, but you have a reason for that!!!
When I was pregnant I could sleep anywhere, anytime......except for the last month.
I was so big I slept propped up on the sofa, lol. No comfortable place anywhere...

lol...well since this is a gardening thread...we'll just refer to your experience as "the flower bloomed and took over the garden"

pooflady

Get this guy probationized!!!

Where's Dreammaster when you need him?

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp

OK. I took pictures of the little flowers in my yard that are blooming and I don't know their name. I'm sure it'll take 2.3 milliseconds for all of the flower people to identify them...

Those are the three colors -- white, purple and variegated. White seems to be dominant. (Unless the squirrels who bury them only really eat the bulbs from the purple and variegated ones, leaving more white ones to survive...)

acemom

gwp wrote:OK. I took pictures of the little flowers in my yard that are blooming and I don't know their name. I'm sure it'll take 2.3 milliseconds for all of the flower people to identify them...

Those are the three colors -- white, purple and variegated. White seems to be dominant. (Unless the squirrels who bury them only really eat the bulbs from the purple and variegated ones, leaving more white ones to survive...)

I think they are crocuses. Those are early bloomers and they grow from bulbs.

ThunderThighs

Staff

acemom wrote:
I think they are crocuses. Those are early bloomers and they grow from bulbs.

I think you got it

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

daj59 wrote:
I think you got it

that's odd, though. Usually people plant crocus. I've never seen them grown wild in a yard.

acemom

pooflady wrote:

that's odd, though. Usually people plant crocus. I've never seen them grown wild in a yard.

Well, me either, but I thought gwp said the squirrels dig them up. Maybe they multiply like daffodils do?

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp
pooflady wrote:

Originally they were in a garden, but they're now located all over the lawn. All we can figure is that the little guys like to munch on them and bury them in Fall. (I can see why they might, as they tend to be fairly close to the surface as apposed to the tulips which seem to be really deep now.

When I dug out a garden last Fall, the clumps of bulbs were huge. Probably 20 per group. They seem to multiply a lot...

ThunderThighs

Staff

Squirrels: Nature's little landscapers

FORUM MODERATOR

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
gwp wrote:Originally they were in a garden, but they're now located all over the lawn. All we can figure is that the little guys like to munch on them and bury them in Fall. (I can see why they might, as they tend to be fairly close to the surface as apposed to the tulips which seem to be really deep now.

When I dug out a garden last Fall, the clumps of bulbs were huge. Probably 20 per group. They seem to multiply a lot...

Perhaps you could sell them to other wooters?

Still single, can't imagine why.

pooflady

gwp wrote:

Originally they were in a garden, but they're now located all over the lawn. All we can figure is that the little guys like to munch on them and bury them in Fall. (I can see why they might, as they tend to be fairly close to the surface as apposed to the tulips which seem to be really deep now.

Yeah, crocus do multiply a lot.

FenStar

pooflady wrote:Yeah, crocus do multiply a lot.

Them perhaps some bunnies would be good?

pooflady

FenStar wrote: Them perhaps some bunnies would be good?

Only if they lay colored eggs.

terrybatey

pooflady wrote:

Only if they lay colored eggs.

Speaking of eggs. We were informed by a letter from the church that he will not be giving out Easter Baskets this year. This pastor is a trip. Guess I'll spend a few minutes on the phone with him tomorrow. He theory is if people don't expect them they might work harder during the year to be able to afford their own baskets. I'm trying to be patient with him but his reasoning is sort of well "Fen" like. I just understand where some of his thinking arises.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

terrybatey wrote:
Speaking of eggs. We were informed by a letter from the church that he will not be giving out Easter Baskets this year. This pastor is a trip. Guess I'll spend a few minutes on the phone with him tomorrow. He theory is if people don't expect them they might work harder during the year to be able to afford their own baskets. I'm trying to be patient with him but his reasoning is sort of well "Fen" like. I just understand where some of his thinking arises.

What religion? Sounds Protestant . The Catholic priest don't listen to us.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

FenStar

terrybatey wrote:This pastor is a trip.

In a good way or a bad way?

terrybatey wrote:...his reasoning is sort of well "Fen" like.

... In a bad way...