tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
rjquillin wrote:The $40 Cindy offer for 2001 La Rioja Alta Rioja Gran Reserva 904 sure sounds interesting from the email as well as CT notes.

Anybody had some?

I have and it's a fantastic wine!! Just missed it but I already have 7 or 8 bottles sleeping

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

Smith's has a thing going on, buy 6 bottles of certain wines and liquors and at least $40 worth of groceries, and get a $40 discount. The only wines I saw that were included at my store were BV and Sterling. The BV's were $8.49 per bottle, then you get 20% off for buying 6, then the $40 discount. I got 6 bottles of wine for almost nothing.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
chemvictim wrote:Smith's has a thing going on, buy 6 bottles of certain wines and liquors and at least $40 worth of groceries, and get a $40 discount. The only wines I saw that were included at my store were BV and Sterling. The BV's were $8.49 per bottle, then you get 20% off for buying 6, then the $40 discount. I got 6 bottles of wine for almost nothing.

That's an unbelievable deal.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin

quality posts: 168 Private Messages rjquillin
chemvictim wrote:Smith's has a thing going on, buy 6 bottles of certain wines and liquors and at least $40 worth of groceries, and get a $40 discount. The only wines I saw that were included at my store were BV and Sterling. The BV's were $8.49 per bottle, then you get 20% off for buying 6, then the $40 discount. I got 6 bottles of wine for almost nothing.

We used to have a Smith's just down the hill. It's a Sonrise church now.
Guess I didn't shop there enough, still don't.

CT

rjquillin

'tso $30 FS 3, CT $55+
Sullivan Vineyards Estate Rutherford Cabernet 2007
I could be convinced to help out on a split.

CT

jmdavidson

quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson
rjquillin wrote:'tso $30 FS 3, CT $55+
Sullivan Vineyards Estate Rutherford Cabernet 2007
I could be convinced to help out on a split.

Goggling this reveals that this appears to be a solid wine at a very good price. I picked up three the last time it was up on TSO, but have not opened any. Sorry, no review.

chipgreen

quality posts: 178 Private Messages chipgreen

1 cent shipping when you buy 6 or more bottles of eligible wine from Amazon.

tytiger58

chipgreen wrote:1 cent shipping when you buy 6 or more bottles of eligible wine from Amazon.

Only problem is there is not one bottle on there list I want to buy.

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
tytiger58 wrote:Only problem is there is not one bottle on there list I want to buy.

Not even 05 Jana CS??

tytiger58

noslensj wrote:Not even 05 Jana CS??

I did not scroll that far that being said, at that price the answer is still nope.

chipgreen

tytiger58 wrote:I did not scroll that far that being said, at that price the answer is still nope.

But, but.... there are 1,291 results for 1c shipping! Including 52 Italian Reds.

EDIT: Looks like Amazon is charging retail prices for most of the wines that are eligible for 1c shipping so what you are gaining in decreased shipping costs may be offset by the list prices. There are some that are still discounted and eligible for 1c but not many.

I do like the search features that you can break down by type, varietal, country, state, appellation, score, price, etc.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Wine.com also has $0.01 shipping. They also have Texier CdR on sale for $10. A great deal, IMO. I grabbed some.

It's not as a great of a deal as this guy thinks, though:

Delivers way above it's price point. It drinks like a $45-60 CdP. Great QPR. A bit more new world in style, but just enough traditional CdR characteristics to stay true to the classification. Grenache gives this more of a juicy component, garrigue and earth notes keep it grounded, and enough acidity and tannin to keep it from being a fruit-bomb. Simple and easy to drink. Not overly complex, but very nice. Something to drink every day. Buy a case.
"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
kylemittskus wrote:Wine.com also has $0.01 shipping. They also have Texier CdR on sale for $10. A great deal, IMO. I grabbed some.

It's not as a great of a deal as this guy thinks, though:

Simple and easy to drink, not overly complex....but drinks like $50-60....

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta

2011 Two Messengers Pinot Noir Willamette Valley on LB for $19. FS on 6.

"The Two Messengers project comes from Mark Tarlov, the man behind the incredible Evening Land wines. For this one, he put together Mike Etzel (he is the younger Etzel of Beaux Freres fame), and Louis-Michel Liger-Belair of Burgundy legend. In a fascinating twist, these two guys went through barrels made by Patricia Green (of Torii Mor fame), picked the best, blended it, and released it under Two Messengers."

I'm looking for someone in the bay area to split this with (3 bottles each) for FS. I'm a sucker for Burg style OR pinot under 20 bones.

rjquillin

trifecta wrote:2011 Two Messengers Pinot Noir Willamette Valley on LB for $19. FS on 6.

"The Two Messengers project comes from Mark Tarlov, the man behind the incredible Evening Land wines. For this one, he put together Mike Etzel (he is the younger Etzel of Beaux Freres fame), and Louis-Michel Liger-Belair of Burgundy legend. In a fascinating twist, these two guys went through barrels made by Patricia Green (of Torii Mor fame), picked the best, blended it, and released it under Two Messengers."

I'm looking for someone in the bay area to split this with (3 bottles each) for FS. I'm a sucker for Burg style OR pinot under 20 bones.

If you and bsevern, or other, do a split, can you add a couple for me as well?

CT

trifecta

rjquillin wrote:If you and bsevern, or other, do a split, can you add a couple for me as well?

I don't think bsev is in. Do you want to order and then you can bring bottles up @ DnD? We can split at 3 and 3? Will be offline for a couple hours, so jump if you want to do it.

rjquillin

trifecta wrote:I don't think bsev is in. Do you want to order and then you can bring bottles up @ DnD? We can split at 3 and 3? Will be offline for a couple hours, so jump if you want to do it.

I was kinda hoping he would, as I've got a credit balance with him.
With winter deliveries I'm approaching 120% of capacity and have diverted a few to Sparky's locker already, and SH is holding some as well. I could pony up $$$, but it's space just now that's the big issue for me.

CT

trifecta

rjquillin wrote:I was kinda hoping he would, as I've got a credit balance with him.
With winter deliveries I'm approaching 120% of capacity and have diverted a few to Sparky's locker already, and SH is holding some as well. I could pony up $$$, but it's space just now that's the big issue for me.

Non issue. It's gone...

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

I got 6 more bottles of BV wine at Smith's today for 75 cents. Has anyone tried their local store? I wondered if it was just my store or what.

trifecta

No!!!!! Another LB marathon... tomorrow. I will have to do my best not to pay any attention.

North316

trifecta wrote:No!!!!! Another LB marathon... tomorrow. I will have to do my best not to pay any attention.

Really? I didn't get an email about this, to any of my three accounts. Might have to peruse it since I am done buying from Woot-azon.

My CT

rjquillin

trifecta wrote:No!!!!! Another LB marathon... tomorrow. I will have to do my best not to pay any attention.

No duh.
AmEx sent me an email tickler wanting to know if I wanted ~another~ increase.

Nope!

CT

rjquillin

North316 wrote:Really? I didn't get an email about this, to any of my three accounts. Might have to peruse it since I am done buying from Woot-azon.

Chrismukkapalooza Marathon!
OUR BEST YET! You've NEVER seen a blowout marathon like this one!

CT

North316

rjquillin wrote:Chrismukkapalooza Marathon!
OUR BEST YET! You've NEVER seen a blowout marathon like this one!

Yeah, the email just came through.

My CT

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

2 other deals:

WTSO: Cougar crest Syrah reserve 2007 for $20 each FS on 4 (I think this was on woot for $65 for 3 plus shipping and tax

BP Wine:
"Our friends across the pond at Decanter have their own Wine of the Year (out of 50, not 100) and we just bought a parcel of their NUMBER 1 PICK based on score to value ratio. The January issue of Decanter (the Wine Spectator of the UK, if you will) has the #1 wine as 2001 Faustino I Gran Reserva which received an average score of 97 points from the three tasters"

"2001 Bodegas Faustino I Gran Reserva Rioja $28.99

BUY 12 OR MORE AND PAY $26"

I'm a sucker for quality Spanish wines and for $26 a bottle and this much acclaim... I'm in

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

trifecta

cmaldoon wrote:2 other deals:

WTSO: Cougar crest Syrah reserve 2007 for $20 each FS on 4 (I think this was on woot for $65 for 3 plus shipping and tax

BP Wine:
"Our friends across the pond at Decanter have their own Wine of the Year (out of 50, not 100) and we just bought a parcel of their NUMBER 1 PICK based on score to value ratio. The January issue of Decanter (the Wine Spectator of the UK, if you will) has the #1 wine as 2001 Faustino I Gran Reserva which received an average score of 97 points from the three tasters"

I'm a sucker for quality Spanish wines and for $26 a bottle and this much acclaim... I'm in

I'll take a bottle or two of the Rioja if you have spares.

dlschier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlschier

Cougar Crest on Woot was not the reserve

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
trifecta wrote:I'll take a bottle or two of the Rioja if you have spares.

am I allowed to taste one first to see if I have any to spare? ;-)

Also it's a presale, due in the spring

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

chipgreen

North316 wrote:Really? I didn't get an email about this, to any of my three accounts. Might have to peruse it since I am done buying from Woot-azon.

Woot really screwed things up for some people this year. You can still trade or chip in for my woot wines without officially supporting woot-azon.

chipgreen

cmaldoon wrote:am I allowed to taste one first to see if I have any to spare? ;-)

Ha! Great answer.

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866

BP Wine:

Nice find!...Just reserved 6 for myself....Thanks for the "Heads Up". Also a sucker for a nice Spanish wine!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

the only thing that will save my cc is the fact that I have to work til late tomorrow. so hopefully all the temptations will be gone by the time I get home!

rjquillin

mommadeb1 wrote:the only thing that will save my cc is the fact that I have to work til late tomorrow. so hopefully all the temptations will be gone by the time I get home!

Two day marathon.

CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
rjquillin wrote:Two day marathon.

crap!

jmdavidson

quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson
rjquillin wrote:Two day marathon.

If I recall correctly, these marathons on LB sometimes reach sprint speeds. That is, the wine is up and before you can buy it, it's sold out. Chaotic!!!

rjquillin

jmdavidson wrote:If I recall correctly, these marathons on LB sometimes reach sprint speeds. That is, the wine is up and before you can buy it, it's sold out. Chaotic!!!

Exactly.
I did ok on one a couple years ago, but pretty much totally ignored the last one.
Could lurk on this one, but funds and SPACE are limited, unless I score on something just stellar.

CT

joelsisk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages joelsisk

and apparently you can pre buy something... not sure what though:

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
joelsisk wrote:and apparently you can pre buy something... not sure what though:

Shipping kills the deal

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122

Eagles Trace 'Latitude 38' 2007 for 34.99, FS 2 on WTSO.

chipgreen

random122 wrote:Eagles Trace 'Latitude 38' 2007 for 34.99, FS 2 on WTSO.

Thanks for the h/u, I now have the '05, '07, '08 and '09. Must have missed the '06 unfortunately.