chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
trifecta wrote:To be fair, one of the great things about buying from woot is the provenance. Buying from said store may be bottles that have been bouncing around distribution channels for years.

Being in Ohio, I don't have much choice.

Although I could have waited to see if the owner would show up, which he did, to ask if he would match the deal to non-woot states. Too late now...

EDIT: Boom! Two ToPs in a row, double Sparkolith! Or does that only count in the pub?

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen

Scott Harvey Black Friday sale.

30% off the following wines;
2007 Scott Harvey Mountain Selection Zinfandel
2010 Scott Harvey Old Vine Zinfandel
2012 Jana Mendocino Old Vine Riesling
2009 Scott Harvey Mountain Selection Syrah

...with free shipping on 6 or more bottles using coupon code blackfriday

cortot20

quality posts: 159 Private Messages cortot20

Saw the 10' étude carneros PN for $23 at costco last weekend if anyone is unsure of what to do at thanksgiving. It's a nice price for a solid Cali PN. It was on sale and is normally $31 at Costco.

CT

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122

Eagles Trace CS Vertical 3-Pack 07/08/09 on wtso for $89.99.

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin
random122 wrote:Eagles Trace CS Vertical 3-Pack 07/08/09 on wtso for $89.99.

all this black friday stuff is gonna put me in the red.

CT

Deezy2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deezy2

Hmm, Wellington merlot & cab in this 'Wine and Cheese Gift Set' on Groupon goods. 49.99 https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-sonoma-valley-wine-and-cheese-gift-set

Deezy2

2011 Inzinerator Zinfandel-Blend 6 Pack 64.99 https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-six-bottles-of-2011-inzinerator-zinfandel-blend

rjquillin

Deezy2 wrote:2011 Inzinerator Zinfandel-Blend 6 Pack 64.99 https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-six-bottles-of-2011-inzinerator-zinfandel-blend

Depending on tax and shipping, that's a nice price.

CT

Deezy2

rjquillin wrote:Depending on tax and shipping, that's a nice price.

Free shipping. And to GA, zero tax. 64.99 shipped. Very good deal.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

On the whole a very mild set of wine deals thus far this holiday

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

Deezy2

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-cameron-hughes-6-bottle-wine-sampler

Three different options. $59.99 Free shipping.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus

FS at WL with code 8HRFS. It's only good for 8 hours and I think it started at noon PST.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
kylemittskus wrote:FS at WL with code 8HRFS. It's only good for 8 hours and I think it started at noon PST.

Not being a customer there (Wine Library, right?), I don't know what's worth jumping on, given the short duration of the code. Any suggestions?

EDIT: They (Wine Library) don't ship to NY, so it doesn't matter for me. But others might appreciate some suggestions.

rjquillin

Speaking of WL, they have a 2009 - Giovanni Sordo Barolo for $20 today.
Thoughts? Kyle?

CT

kylemittskus

rjquillin wrote:Speaking of WL, they have a 2009 - Giovanni Sordo Barolo for $20 today.
Thoughts? Kyle?

I, uh. . . I'm not sure I'm strong enough to pass.

Edit: I caved.

cortot20

quality posts: 159 Private Messages cortot20

08' bodegas paso Robles viva yo at the Rancho mirage costco for $12.50. It's $29 at the winery. The Rancho mirage Costco has about 3x the wine selection as my local one.

CT

rjquillin

kylemittskus wrote:I, uh. . . I'm not sure I'm strong enough to pass.

Edit: I caved.

Not sure if I should thank or curse you, the former I guess..

CT

joed10303

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joed10303
moondigger wrote:Not being a customer there (Wine Library, right?), I don't know what's worth jumping on, given the short duration of the code. Any suggestions?

EDIT: They (Wine Library) don't ship to NY, so it doesn't matter for me. But others might appreciate some suggestions.

They just stopped shipping to NY, i ordered from them on 10/28 with no problem, i guess they finally had to answer the cease and desist letter from the nysla .

randysanders

quality posts: 5 Private Messages randysanders
joed10303 wrote:They just stopped shipping to NY, i ordered from them on 10/28 with no problem, i guess they finally had to answer the cease and desist letter from the nysla .

Whaaaaa???? I've bought a lot of wine from those guys. Sure hope they straighten out the problem.

rlmanzo

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rlmanzo

Ty Caton 2010 Cabernet on Wineshopper for $19.99. Free shipping on $100.

The frequency with which this stuff is coming up on other sites like WTSO, Wineshopper, etc suggests that Ty Caton is having some difficulty moving his wines at list price.

It appears the over-pricing of average wine has caught up to him.....

Is it broke or just fractured?

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
rlmanzo wrote:Ty Caton 2010 Cabernet on Wineshopper for $19.99. Free shipping on $100.

The frequency with which this stuff is coming up on other sites like WTSO, Wineshopper, etc suggests that Ty Caton is having some difficulty moving his wines at list price.

It appears the over-pricing of average wine has caught up to him.....

Probably also a double-edged sword. You offer wines enough at that discount, and people who really want it will just wait for those sales rather than paying full-retail to have it right away. Another problem with him selling his wines so young, most don't buy for immediate consumption so they can wait for the sales.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fredrinaldi

was in Vegas all last week, took a case of woot wine, always play 3 card poker, Planet Hollywood has a new hook, for a side bet you can use your 3 cards with the dealers 3 cards for the best 5 card hand, straights, flushes 3 of a kind. (single deck) I pulled 2 Aces and a King, dealer flipped over THE OTHER 2 ACES... yep 4 ACES at 50 to 1 on a $10 bet..... nice. and yes I cashed out and left the place.

kylemittskus

fredrinaldi wrote:was in Vegas all last week, took a case of woot wine, always play 3 card poker, Planet Hollywood has a new hook, for a side bet you can use your 3 cards with the dealers 3 cards for the best 5 card hand, straights, flushes 3 of a kind. (single deck) I pulled 2 Aces and a King, dealer flipped over THE OTHER 2 ACES... yep 4 ACES at 50 to 1 on a $10 bet..... nice. and yes I cashed out and left the place.

So how do I get this deal? Is there a code or . . .

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
fredrinaldi wrote:was in Vegas all last week, took a case of woot wine, always play 3 card poker, Planet Hollywood has a new hook, for a side bet you can use your 3 cards with the dealers 3 cards for the best 5 card hand, straights, flushes 3 of a kind. (single deck) I pulled 2 Aces and a King, dealer flipped over THE OTHER 2 ACES... yep 4 ACES at 50 to 1 on a $10 bet..... nice. and yes I cashed out and left the place.

Wow, nice job. I was in Vegas the week before you and didn't have this sort of luck, but I was just playing Craps.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

$5 shipping to California and $10 for continental US from Vina Robles.

Purchase 1-12 bottles (or more) of any wines and ship for amazingly low rates!

I'm in their Wine Club, and I may take advantage of it!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:$5 shipping to California and $10 for continental US from Vina Robles.

Purchase 1-12 bottles (or more) of any wines and ship for amazingly low rates!

I'm in their Wine Club, and I may take advantage of it!

If you do, and get awesome club pricing to boot, let me know to add to the case.

CT

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta

2007 Arger Martucci Syrah for $16 on tso. FS on 4.

Good vineyard location, great vintage. I would take a bay area split on this.

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
trifecta wrote:2007 Arger Martucci Syrah for $16 on tso. FS on 4.

Good vineyard location, great vintage. I would take a bay area split on this.

I'll do a split with you, do you want two, or more?

I've gone thru three bottles of their 2007 PS, and once it opens up, it's very good IMHO.

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta
bsevern wrote:I'll do a split with you, do you want two, or more?

Two for me.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fredrinaldi

anyone know anything about this wine? seem like a good deal, don't know shipping cost.

http://specials.restaurant.com/deal/national/iceowd-california-Red-Wine-plus-25-eGift-Card

rjquillin

fredrinaldi wrote:anyone know anything about this wine? seem like a good deal, don't know shipping cost.

http://specials.restaurant.com/deal/national/iceowd-california-Red-Wine-plus-25-eGift-Card

CT may or may not be your friend.

I did one of these once on a mixed offer and was quite disappointed, but it cooked ok.
Read the fine print too.

CT

rjquillin

anyone following the 'tso mag sale?

CT

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
rjquillin wrote:anyone following the 'tso mag sale?

Somewhat....was distracted by the Garagiste Holiday Special #7: Aged Claret email....

rjquillin

bsevern wrote:Somewhat....was distracted by the Garagiste Holiday Special #7: Aged Claret email....

Saw that. December is not for the weak of wallet.

CT

sukeiasa

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sukeiasa

really had to cross check prices on wtso.. but ended up buying more than anticipated.... grr....

what's this.... Garagiste Holiday Special ?

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
rjquillin wrote:anyone following the 'tso mag sale?

crap I forgot about it.... silly work!

jmdavidson

quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson

Did anyone go in on the Wine Access deal today: 2009 Winter Estate Winery Cabernet Sauvignon? Seems like a screamin deal. High CT scores for prior vintages and costs usually over $125 a bottle.

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
bsevern wrote:Somewhat....was distracted by the Garagiste Holiday Special #7: Aged Claret email....

So did I....sigh...

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

The $40 Cindy offer for 2001 La Rioja Alta Rioja Gran Reserva 904 sure sounds interesting from the email as well as CT notes.

Anybody had some?

CT

jmdavidson

quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson
rjquillin wrote:The $40 Cindy offer for 2001 La Rioja Alta Rioja Gran Reserva 904 sure sounds interesting from the email as well as CT notes.

Anybody had some?

Already SOLD OUT. Looks like a SO kind of day.