random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122

Jemrose Gloria's Gem 2009 on LB for $32. free shipping w/6.

i think we split the '08 a few months back. i haven't tried it yet, but if people in norcal are interested in splitting the '09, i'd be in for 2.

spammie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages spammie
redwinefan wrote:Now you have me curious if the "new" winery whose wine is Lot 385 is the same vineyards as the winery that sold out Lot 342.

If you are interested in picking up a mixed case of anything you can get an additional 15% off plus the free shipping until Friday if you include one bottle of 385. You might also need a special link which I'll dig up.

Can you post the link? I get their emails but didn't see it.
thanks

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
rjquillin wrote:Are talking about 2011 Domaine Nigri 'Confluence' ?

still up for $13.

It was like Whack-a-mole. Out of stock, then available (1 bottle), then gone again.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

jmdavidson

quality posts: 56 Private Messages jmdavidson

The Charnu CS's (2006, 2007)now up on WTSO look interesting. Anyone with any familiarity with them or their wines? The winery is closed BTW.

karenhynes

quality posts: 10 Private Messages karenhynes
jmdavidson wrote:The Charnu CS's (2006, 2007)now up on WTSO look interesting. Anyone with any familiarity with them or their wines? The winery is closed BTW.

I bought them as a 2-pack from Lot18 about 2 years ago (November 2011), but I haven't opened them yet. Lot18 price at that time was $99. I almost opened one of them a few weeks ago. If I had them at home, I'd open one now, but they are stored elsewhere... I guess that wasn't very helpful, huh?? Let me know if you go in....I would consider a second duo just based on description and reviews.

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta

2011 Pierre Henri Muscadet Sur Lie on LB for $11. FS on 6.

I really want to try this, as a mineral driven white really piques my interest. Anyone in the bay area want to split to get to the free shipping? I would take 3...

funbunny

quality posts: 25 Private Messages funbunny
trifecta wrote:2011 Pierre Henri Muscadet Sur Lie on LB for $11. FS on 6.

I really want to try this, as a mineral driven white really piques my interest. Anyone in the bay area want to split to get to the free shipping? I would take 3...

I was looking at this too. I don't recall much experience with Muscadet. What is it like besides mineral.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
random122 wrote:Jemrose Gloria's Gem 2009 on LB for $32. free shipping w/6.

i think we split the '08 a few months back. i haven't tried it yet, but if people in norcal are interested in splitting the '09, i'd be in for 2.

Bummer I missed this one. If you ended up going in on it and have a couple of spares

jmdavidson

TSO-P has a 2006 montefalco sagrantino with good CT reviews. I had a couple of bottles of a 2006 montefalco sangio/sagratino blend that was excellent. That vintage should be drinking well now. It's a wine whose tannins need time to mellow out. Decanting helps as well.

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta

wtso has a sempre vive cabernet 4 pack for $80. 2x 2003, 2x 2004. Lots of CT reviews on the '03, but only a few on the '04. Looks tempting.

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
trifecta wrote:wtso has a sempre vive cabernet 4 pack for $80. 2x 2003, 2x 2004. Lots of CT reviews on the '03, but only a few on the '04. Looks tempting.

SV has a number of Cabs, it's unclear, to me, exactly which 'tso has up.
Still, tempting, but were $5 less on Invino a while back, depending on exactly which these are.
[edit]
These are NOT the standard CS, or Eugenia or Miscela.
Both are "Old Vine" bottlings.

CT

jmdavidson

rjquillin wrote:SV has a number of Cabs, it's unclear, to me, exactly which 'tso has up.
Still, tempting, but were $5 less on Invino a while back, depending on exactly which these are.
[edit]
These are NOT the standard CS, or Eugenia or Miscela.
Both are "Old Vine" bottlings.

The picture shows 03 CS and 04 Old Vine CS. They ad doesn't differentiate that. I have only opened the 03 from a previous purchase. It was excellent. At $20 a bottle, this is a very good QPR. FWIW: I did let it open up for an hour. It was too closed PnP.

rjquillin

jmdavidson wrote:The picture shows 03 CS and 04 Old Vine CS. They ad doesn't differentiate that. I have only opened the 03 from a previous purchase. It was excellent. At $20 a bottle, this is a very good QPR. FWIW: I did let it open up for an hour. It was too closed PnP.

... but talking to 'TSO verified both were Old Vine. At least that's what I was told, and I waited for them to check/verify what they had.

CT

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Speaking of 'TSO, the Ribera del Duero Reserva Bodegas Recoletas 2005 they just put up seems like quite a deal at 15.99.

CT average was in the mid 40s before I just lowered it.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

jmdavidson

rjquillin wrote:... but talking to 'TSO verified both were Old Vine. At least that's what I was told, and I waited for them to check/verify what they had.

Deal is gone, but...I checked my stash from the previous offer, 5 year vertical 2002-2006. The 02 and 03 do not have old vine on the label, but the 04-05-06 do.

redwinefan

Olson Ogden going out of business sale. 40% off of case orders. I wonder if the remainder will show up on deal site since I've seen them pop up on a few sites before. Free shipping on 6+

[MOD: Sorry, but that looked like a referral link]

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
redwinefan wrote:Olson Ogden going out of business sale. 40% off of case orders. I wonder if the remainder will show up on deal site since I've seen them pop up on a few sites before. Free shipping on 6+

https://www.mypurplesoft.com/Direct_Order/Order_Log_In.asp?eid=e13945512273x6211984779y619773z

Not a referral link.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

redwinefan

redwinefan wrote:Olson Ogden going out of business sale. 40% off of case orders. I wonder if the remainder will show up on deal site since I've seen them pop up on a few sites before. Free shipping on 6+

It wasn't a referral link. I took it straight from their website. Go to Olson Ogden website, click "Order Wines". That's the link I pasted.

rjquillin

Interesting offer on plat for 2006 Podere Il Cocco Brunello di Montalcino.
Not a huge number holding, but those that are purchased in quantity.

CT

jmdavidson

jmdavidson wrote:Invino has this wine for sale: 2009 Fotinos Brothers Cabernet Sauvignon, Lake Spring Ranch Vineyard, Napa Valley, Rutherford, 96pts Rated & "Extraordinary" for $38. It looks intersting, but very little info on the Internet. Has anyone tried this or their wines?

Today, LB has the 09 CS (Rutherford) for $29. So, reposting: has anyone tried their wine yet? Knowing it is from Rutherford has increased my interest. FB's website had it for $80, not that that means it was worth it.

EDIT: gone already!!

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866

On TSO now...Ty Caton Cabernet 2011
Winemaker's Cuvee Caton Vineyard - Sonoma...FS on 4 or more $19.99 each

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
bobrush12866 wrote:On TSO now...Ty Caton Cabernet 2011
Winemaker's Cuvee Caton Vineyard - Sonoma...FS on 4 or more $19.99 each

As with previous offerings, I'm curious how they come up with $45 "Best Web" price for a bottling that is only offered through them.

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866
noslensj wrote:As with previous offerings, I'm curious how they come up with $45 "Best Web" price for a bottling that is only offered through them.

No 2011 Caton Vineyard wines are available on Ty's website

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
bobrush12866 wrote:No 2011 Caton Vineyard wines are available on Ty's website

The "Winemakes Cuvee" is a special label that is only offered through WTSO. In the past, when comments have been made that it appears to be the same wine as TC cabs offered at WW, WineDavid has responded that it is indeed different. Even though the winemaker descriptions of the two have been word-for-word identical.

It just seems that if there truly has been a Best Web price shown, that would suggest that it is the same wine as is being sold without the "Winemakers Cuvee" pedigree.

redwinefan

LB has a great deal on Miner PN right now:

1) 2007 Miner Pinot Noir Rosella's WE93
1) 2008 Miner Pinot Noir Rosella's
1) 2009 Miner Pinot Noir Rosella's WS90

Vertical for $100 shipped.

spammie

Has anybody had the Halyard Brut Sparkling (Knot Wines) N.V. now on lastbottle for $15? FS on 6.

kittymac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kittymac

Any one in the Seattle area interested in splitting the Halyard Brut Sparkling (Knot Wines) N.V on last bottle?

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
spammie wrote:Has anybody had the Halyard Brut Sparkling (Knot Wines) N.V. now on lastbottle for $15? FS on 6.

Was Knot Wines the one that was on LB a few months ago that was aged on the lees for four years or something like that? IF so, it was quite good.

spammie

bsevern wrote:Was Knot Wines the one that was on LB a few months ago that was aged on the lees for four years or something like that? IF so, it was quite good.

Yes, I think so; t was on LB and I read that it was aged on the lees for 4 years

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 16 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
spammie wrote:Yes, I think so; t was on LB and I read that it was aged on the lees for 4 years

Last bottle had Knot's 2007 Sinnet Sparkling Rose about that time. Maybe it was what you were remembering.

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman

2008 San Roman Toro for $30 on Cindy, FS on 6. I know there are some fans here (me included, but SIWBM!)

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

Just got an e-mail from our total wine store for a wine called California Square....I'll admit. the bottle looks cool.... anyone heard of it?

rjquillin

klezman wrote:2008 San Roman Toro for $30 on Cindy, FS on 6. I know there are some fans here (me included, but SIWBM!)

Had a few bottles of the '06 I purchased earlier and had on hold. Got email this morning they were shipping, but oops, they had pulled the '09 and not the '06 I purchased.
FAIL

CT

kittymac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kittymac

The Big Orange Wine 6-Pack - Online Deal $79.99

Set Contents - 2 bottles each of:

The Big Orange Chardonnay, 2012
The Big Orange Chardonnay and Viognier blend, 2012
The Big Orange Viognier, 2012

-non referral link-

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman

2008/09 Barbaresco 4 pack on WTSO for $20/bottle, FS. 2006 vintage was a Garagiste wine. Damn.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

On WTSO, a 6-year vert for $25/btl & FS, but not all that much info in the wine.
Sempre Vive
Old Vines Napa Cabernet 'Miscela' Vertical 6-Pack 2002-2007

CT

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi

latest order of FrArdente being delivered tomorrow (9 bottles), Happy Days

redwinefan

rjquillin wrote:On WTSO, a 6-year vert for $25/btl & FS, but not all that much info in the wine.
Sempre Vive
Old Vines Napa Cabernet 'Miscela' Vertical 6-Pack 2002-2007

You've got to wonder how there still is any Sempre Vive left after how long they've been selling them off on Invino and WTSO.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
redwinefan wrote:You've got to wonder how there still is any Sempre Vive left after how long they've been selling them off on Invino and WTSO.

You could say the same thing about Ardente.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

redwinefan

tytiger58 wrote:You could say the same thing about Ardente.

True, but I only ever see that one on this site. Am I wrong in thinking WTSO does more volume than Woot these days?