+ Add a Comment

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Oh, did I leave you with that impression?

Just a bit.

I just found this...http://nypost.com/2014/03/15/rob-the-mob-traces-story-of-real-life-bonnie-clyde/
It is a movie out now.
That picture of the couple was from my old neighborhood! Not the extended neighborhood, but exactly my neighborhood.
Needless to say, they eventually got killed.
I never heard about this and my mom still lived there when it happened.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

I have no idea what the pay scale is for people that work at Waffle House, but they sure earn it. Everybody moves fast there.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady

Afternoon Wootville

Get well soon Poof and Fen!

Anyone have any clue what the secret password is? Was just checking email and saw the message.

Apparently partly brain dead today since it doesn't seem obvious to me. OK, maybe fully brain dead. ;P

pooflady

lplady wrote:Afternoon Wootville

Get well soon Poof and Fen!

Anyone have any clue what the secret password is? Was just checking email and saw the message.

Apparently partly brain dead today since it doesn't seem obvious to me. OK, maybe fully brain dead. ;P

I don't have a clue. If you figure it out, let me know.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

lplady

pooflady wrote:I don't have a clue. If you figure it out, let me know.

I will.

I'm giving it five more minutes of brain power. Then throwing my money in the ring...bag.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
lplady wrote:I will.

I'm giving it five more minutes of brain power. Then throwing my money in the ring...bag.

There was an email?

//sigh

Anxiety and job decisions are killing me today. I miss having time to hang out on woot. Although I like some of the travel.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

lplady wrote:I will.

Already pledged the cash. Still don't know the password.

lplady

KtCallista wrote:There was an email?

//sigh

Anxiety and job decisions are killing me today. I miss having time to hang out on woot. Although I like some of the travel.

Yes, I got an email. Same info that was posted on the facebook page. I'm in for $11.

Sorry you are so stressed, but isn't having job decisions a good thing? Least you have choices for jobs or am I reading that wrong?

Gotta run. bbl

KtCallista

lplady wrote:Yes, I got an email. Same info that was posted on the facebook page. I'm in for %11.

Sorry you are so stressed, but isn't having job decisions a good thing? Least you have choices for jobs or am I reading that wrong?

Gotta run. bbl

As usually been on FB all day and it never showed me woot.

I sorta have choices, and yes that's good. It's just one of the choices is being difficult and if I had a sure thing, I'd leave just because of this, even though I know the person causing the stress isn't normally like this (she's been one of my supervisors for a year). She wants a full year commitment that I won't look for other work, and I already have an application in at a another site - so I told her I wouldn't pull it. (she knows because the conference I just got back from EVERYONE knew).

I'm hoping that the next few weeks fall in place and then I can just move on with whatever hand I'm dealt.

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
Mavyn wrote:LinkedIn is high most of the time. Their algorithms are worse than facebooks.

Career Builder keeps sending me emails for software engineer jobs, because I applied for one broadcast engineer job. I did programming classes in high school (before I discovered the joys of television), but that was over a decade ago and it would require me going back to school to get up to speed for those jobs.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

lplady wrote:Yes, I got an email. Same info that was posted on the facebook page. I'm in for %11.

Gotta run. bbl

I received no such email, unless it was the nightly email listing all that they are selling. I see nothing in there though about getting something special with a password, though.

EDIT: unless you're talking about something completely different that isn't Woot.

Skye — 1997-2007

pooflady

jqubed wrote:I received no such email, unless it was the nightly email listing all that they are selling. I see nothing in there though about getting something special with a password, though.

EDIT: unless you're talking about something completely different that isn't Woot.

Yup.

lplady

KtCallista wrote:As usually been on FB all day and it never showed me woot.

I sorta have choices, and yes that's good. It's just one of the choices is being difficult and if I had a sure thing, I'd leave just because of this, even though I know the person causing the stress isn't normally like this (she's been one of my supervisors for a year). She wants a full year commitment that I won't look for other work, and I already have an application in at a another site - so I told her I wouldn't pull it. (she knows because the conference I just got back from EVERYONE knew).

I'm hoping that the next few weeks fall in place and then I can just move on with whatever hand I'm dealt.

Does the other job entail a lot of traveling? Sure sounds like you need to hit up your ice cream stash tonight or at least have a long hot bath to chill in.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

For the tee crowd: if you know any artists that aren't active on the site any more, but still might want to print something...please let them know about this thread. SkekTek, Kenney, etc.

ETA: new and improved link

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dougall

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall
Mavyn wrote:For the tee crowd: if you know any artists that aren't active on the site any more, but still might want to print something...please let them know about this thread. SkekTek, Kenny, etc.

Might want to check your link dear ;)

Mavyn

dougall wrote:Might want to check your link dear ;)

Fixed.

jqubed

It's a bit late, but here's how you can pick a team for the World Cup:

From Sports on Earth "Who to Root for in the World Cup"

Skye — 1997-2007

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

If you follower Soccer, wouldn't you have a team?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dougall

jqubed wrote:It's a bit late, but here's how you can pick a team for the World Cup:

Losing is the natural order of the universe...

FML.

candelabra

quality posts: 2 Private Messages candelabra

Wow. This thing is still here. It's been a decade since I created my account, I just checked. Happy anniversary post whores!

pooflady

candelabra wrote:Wow. This thing is still here. It's been a decade since I created my account, I just checked. Happy anniversary post whores!

Three days before me, where have you been?

jqubed

dontwantaname wrote:If you follower Soccer, wouldn't you have a team?

Maybe, but if you don't follow soccer but are getting the World Cup fever...

Skye — 1997-2007

Mavyn

jqubed wrote:Maybe, but if you don't follow soccer but are getting the World Cup fever...

Drink lots of fluids, rest, stay out of the sun.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Morning folks!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Morning folks!

Good morning!

Mavyn

Morning! (still...just barely...but still!)

dougall

Mavyn wrote:Drink lots of fluids

Mmmmmmmm, liquid lunch....

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

we lost but still movin' on! BETTAR THAN ENGLAND SPAIN AND ITALY!

jqubed

Mavyn wrote:Drink lots of fluids, rest, stay out of the sun.

It's too late, I already bought a $70 shirt so I can look like Jurgen Klinsmann.

Skye — 1997-2007

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
jqubed wrote:It's too late, I already bought a $70 shirt so I can look like Jurgen Klinsmann.

i think he should wear jedi robes in the next round! or mabe some captain america cosplay.

lplady

Good morning!

Just saw this poopy story in the Huffington Post. EPA Employees Asked To Stop Pooping In The Hallway.

Mavyn

Happy Friday!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

lplady wrote:Good morning!

Just saw this poopy story in the Huffington Post. EPA Employees Asked To Stop Pooping In The Hallway.

Do they work with Kenny?

My little kid friends are moving. There are 7 year old twins two houses down.

Boy and girl. They love Rusty.

How do I tell Rusty they are gone?

I hope the people moving in aren't afraid of dogs!

My husband just discovered that the parents are nice. Yeah, I've been talking to the mother for over a year, but she isn't nice.

The grandparents are from India. I think the husband was born there too. Wife...maybe...but is fully Americanized.

Grandma is afraid of dogs, but will let Rusty in the yard, as long as he stays away from her! That took a full year.

They are moving to NC. They figure it is too expensive here.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Do they work with Kenny?

My little kid friends are moving. There are 7 year old twins two houses down.

Boy and girl. They love Rusty.

How do I tell Rusty they are gone?

I hope the people moving in aren't afraid of dogs!

My husband just discovered that the parents are nice. Yeah, I've been talking to the mother for over a year, but she isn't nice.

The grandparents are from India. I think the husband was born there too. Wife...maybe...but is fully Americanized.

Grandma is afraid of dogs, but will let Rusty in the yard, as long as he stays away from her! That took a full year.

They are moving to NC. They figure it is too expensive here.

I hate it when good neighbors move away. And you never know what you're going to get.

Mavyn

pooflady wrote:I hate it when good neighbors move away. And you never know what you're going to get.

I don't know any of our neighbors. I was a little freaked out to learn that the neighbor who is very seldom there knows my name. I must have introduced myself when we first moved in.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I hate it when good neighbors move away. And you never know what you're going to get.

True. That will be a problem when the next door neighbor moves.

Maybe they will stay, he has had some bad health problem. It is nice to be close to a bunch of hospitals.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

That's the bulk of the reason my parents want us to move into my grandma's house when the time comes. They want neighbors they know they can put up with.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:That's the bulk of the reason my parents want us to move into my grandma's house when the time comes. They want neighbors they know they can put up with.

I really wouldn't want my kids living that close to me. And I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want to live that close to me.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:I really wouldn't want my kids living that close to me. And I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want to live that close to me.

They are on 4 acres, we would be on 5, it's not that close. But yeah, I wonder about that sometimes. Still a ways out and the potential new job could change that anyway.

jqubed

dontwantaname wrote:True. That will be a problem when the next door neighbor moves.

Maybe they will stay, he has had some bad health problem. It is nice to be close to a bunch of hospitals.

We have some excellent teaching hospitals in NC!

Skye — 1997-2007