Winedavid39

quality posts: 316 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

*Some movement afoot*

Minnesota, Wisconsin, Georgia and Tennessee.

keep your eyes open.

could happen !

coynedj

quality posts: 11 Private Messages coynedj
Winedavid39 wrote:*Some movement afoot*

keep your eyes open.

could happen !

My wallet is in fear of this, but my taste buds rejoice. I hope it works out!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 11 QPs?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 258 Private Messages kylemittskus

keep your eyes open.

could happen !

Go buddy!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mtuhuskies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mtuhuskies

keep your eyes open.

could happen !

Thanks for the update! Hoping for Minnesota, I bought the Wellington deal last week straight through the vineyard, so I got a small taste of what it'd be like again to be active again on wine.woot.

otolith

quality posts: 26 Private Messages otolith

keep your eyes open.

could happen !

This might be a case of being careful what I wish for!

It would be great to have the option to order again, although I really need to be careful. SWMBO has cut me off, again...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

chipgreen

quality posts: 286 Private Messages chipgreen

keep your eyes open.

could happen !

Could and did, congrats!!!

chipgreen

otolith wrote:This might be a case of being careful what I wish for!

It would be great to have the option to order again, although I really need to be careful. SWMBO has cut me off, again...

Just make sure to use that FedEx shipping address

otolith

chipgreen wrote:Just make sure to use that FedEx shipping address

As always! hehe

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

coynedj

quality posts: 11 Private Messages coynedj

So much for drinking down the inventory. Of course, South Dakota isn't on the ship-to list (the Pony Express doesn't handle packages that heavy), but my gang of Minnesota wootleggers might hear more from me.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 11 QPs?

otolith

coynedj wrote:So much for drinking down the inventory. Of course, South Dakota isn't on the ship-to list (the Pony Express doesn't handle packages that heavy), but my gang of Minnesota wootleggers might hear more from me.

No problem!

--John Muir

ronhenry123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ronhenry123

keep your eyes open.

could happen !

About dadgum time. It's been so long since I ordered and shipped to Tennessee, I've forgotten my password! Thanks, Winedavid!

calypso71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages calypso71

Is there a list of wineries that will honor the woot pricing?
And any word on WV being added back in?

InFrom

quality posts: 48 Private Messages InFrom
calypso71 wrote:Is there a list of wineries that will honor the woot pricing?
And any word on WV being added back in?

I don't know of any list, but people usually ask the winery rep on the day of the sale. Pedroncelli, among others, is always willin', if they have a license to ship to your state.

calypso71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages calypso71
InFrom wrote:I don't know of any list, but people usually ask the winery rep on the day of the sale. Pedroncelli, among others, is always willin', if they have a license to ship to your state.

Thanks!

nmachen

quality posts: 35 Private Messages nmachen

Yes!!! MN is back on the list. I'm having a bottle of Blitzen tonight to celebrate!

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
- Maria Robinson

cheesed00dle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cheesed00dle

Sorry if I missed an earlier post, but is NJ really back on the list? I don't check every day (anymore), but it was listed on at least two wine deals during today's Woot-Off.

lurkey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lurkey

It might not be a bad idea to send out an email to the people who've had wine shipped to those states...

I happened to randomly come on and see that you were shipping to WI again.

VERY NICE!

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

cheesed00dle wrote:Sorry if I missed an earlier post, but is NJ really back on the list? I don't check every day (anymore), but it was listed on at least two wine deals during today's Woot-Off.

New Jersey is now back. HOWEVER, many wineries don't go for the new jersey permit because it's too expensive and for large wineries, too complicated.

i'd say 30% of the winery offers will have NJ moving forward.

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

lurkey wrote:It might not be a bad idea to send out an email to the people who've had wine shipped to those states...

I happened to randomly come on and see that you were shipping to WI again.

VERY NICE!

Working on it! welcome back!

cortot20

quality posts: 297 Private Messages cortot20

Great job WD! Getting them back one by one.

CT

debthomas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages debthomas

Hello from MA!
Check out some great news for Mass winos! I'm not sure how this will impact WW.com. WineDavid?

http://www.wbur.org/2014/07/12/wine-shipping-law

InFrom

quality posts: 48 Private Messages InFrom
debthomas wrote:Hello from MA!
Check out some great news for Mass winos! I'm not sure how this will impact WW.com. WineDavid?

Linky

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

bodes well for MA opening up. but there are more layers here to get the go ahead. i'm on the case!

rsa2995

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rsa2995

keep your eyes open.

could happen !

My wallet just ran and hid from me. GA has been waiting for this for a long time. This will be an exciting and expensive adventure. Time to catch up on lost time...

chipgreen

I've continued to update the status of ship-to states HERE. With New Jersey being the most recent state welcomed back to the fold, 11 of the 19 states previously blacklisted have been restored and 1 new state (Montana) added along the way. Note that Virginia is not included in those stats as it is a different animal altogether due to the.... unusual.... legislation passed by VA lawmakers, requiring third-party wine sellers to be registered as Agricultural entities.

pengu1n

quality posts: 14 Private Messages pengu1n

Yea for MN back on the list. Now I just need a Noceto deal to get back into the swing of things.

noslensj

quality posts: 54 Private Messages noslensj

Yet it may well have been Bledsoe, who played for the Patriots from 1993 to 2001 and was inducted into the team’s Hall of Fame, who nudged the direct shipping effort over the goal line by visiting the Statehouse last year to push for the bill.

Bledsoe, owner of the Doubleback winery, explained to lawmakers that he was having trouble providing samples to friends, fans and former teammates in Massachusetts, including Tom Brady, who succeeded him as New England’s quarterback.

“Tom actually bought the wine, and he shipped it to his dad’s house” in California, Bledsoe said. But the plan went awry when Brady’s father drank the wine before his son got there.

Sounds as if Brady père has his priorities in line. Wine first, then kids. Isn't that often how the kids come to be in the first place?

siwbm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages siwbm
noslensj wrote:Wine first, then kids. Isn't that often how the kids come to be in the first place?

Yeah, you could have asked Margaux Hemingway about that....

kklems

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kklems

Curious about Nebraska. It was in the 16 remaining states that could be shipped to when everyone else was dropped but I just noticed that the new ice wine today can't be shipped to NE. I haven't paid much attention to the wine in the last year or two since I am overstocked anyway but thought the ice wine sounded tasty

just a specific winery issue or is Nebraska now off the list?

North316

quality posts: 108 Private Messages North316
kklems wrote:Curious about Nebraska. It was in the 16 remaining states that could be shipped to when everyone else was dropped but I just noticed that the new ice wine today can't be shipped to NE. I haven't paid much attention to the wine in the last year or two since I am overstocked anyway but thought the ice wine sounded tasty

just a specific winery issue or is Nebraska now off the list?

Just the winery. Nebraska was on the list in recent offerings.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

kylemittskus

quality posts: 258 Private Messages kylemittskus

This seems appropriate here. From the 1/3/12 thread:

jimhcv wrote:It's very very frustrating. As the original manufacturer of the wine, we are eligible to apply to many states for licenses to ship wine to their residents. Some of these states do not allow wine retailers to be a party to the transaction (maybe as a concession to in-state distributors and liquor stores). In our experience, the Commonwealth of Virginia is one of the more prickly states. The alcoholic beverage control guys are sticklers. Some of the above may explain why Woot is not now able to include Virginia in its roster. Sorry for the long answer. Any way you look at it, it's frustrating.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

wordek

quality posts: 23 Private Messages wordek

Any word recently about the status of NH?

cjorgens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjorgens

would love an update on the status of VT as well...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1006 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Sorry, but we won't have information on individual states unless or until they are approved. You can check your state's laws for more information.

On vacation until 6/3. I will not answer private messages.
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Savagesam37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Savagesam37

WD. So 4 states got back on the good list Back in October. Was that because their states changed the way the law was written or because of a different interpretation of those states laws?

Signed

Patiently Waiting in Kansas

Corrado

quality posts: 133 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Speaking as a Vermonter, nothing changed (or from what I've read, is likely to change). Per ShipComplaint and FreeTheGrapes, we're a "good" state across the board by their rating system.

Since nothing changed with VT and all the places we're told to look to see if your state is "compliant" say VT is a "go," I assume there was a recategorization of wine.woot changing from what was, in effect, a "leased virtual storefront" to a traditional "retail establishment." If wine.woot is a facilitator for the wineries, the winery remains the seller and in that model (like their wine clubs), everything's cool. If wine.woot is looked upon as being like a BevMo or Specs, then all of a sudden you're buying from a retailer, not the winery, and THAT does run afoul of wine shipping laws (at least for Vermont).

A favorable change in the interpretation of the rules or changes at the Federal level will likely be required to get a lot of the "Hey, you used to ship to..." states back into shipping status.

...and I'm starting to run low on Wellington, so that needs to happen damn soon!

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 69 Private Messages ddeuddeg
Corrado wrote:Speaking as a Vermonter, nothing changed (or from what I've read, is likely to change). Per ShipComplaint and FreeTheGrapes, we're a "good" state across the board by their rating system.

Since nothing changed with VT and all the places we're told to look to see if your state is "compliant" say VT is a "go," I assume there was a recategorization of wine.woot changing from what was, in effect, a "leased virtual storefront" to a traditional "retail establishment." If wine.woot is a facilitator for the wineries, the winery remains the seller and in that model (like their wine clubs), everything's cool. If wine.woot is looked upon as being like a BevMo or Specs, then all of a sudden you're buying from a retailer, not the winery, and THAT does run afoul of wine shipping laws (at least for Vermont).

A favorable change in the interpretation of the rules or changes at the Federal level will likely be required to get a lot of the "Hey, you used to ship to..." states back into shipping status.

...and I'm starting to run low on Wellington, so that needs to happen damn soon!

For the time being, you need a wootlegger, maybe one in Buffalo who wouldn't mind visiting Vermont. We're seriously considering a trip to New England this summer.

Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. - Hester Browne
Filmmaker/winemaker Francis Ford Coppola says his two professions are almost the same and that each depends on source material and takes a lot of time to perfect.
The big difference: "Today's winemakers still worry about quality."

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 69 Private Messages ddeuddeg
Corrado wrote:Speaking as a Vermonter, nothing changed (or from what I've read, is likely to change). Per ShipComplaint and FreeTheGrapes, we're a "good" state across the board by their rating system.

It remains a mystery to me why certain wineries can't see fit to ship to a state with a population the size of NY. Arizona Stronghold, for example. And others that can ship directly to some states, but can't do so when the wine is being sold through wine.woot.

Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. - Hester Browne
Filmmaker/winemaker Francis Ford Coppola says his two professions are almost the same and that each depends on source material and takes a lot of time to perfect.
The big difference: "Today's winemakers still worry about quality."

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

This just in:

Missouri, New Hampshire and Vermont now a "GO" for wine.woot.

that is for those wineries who get all the permitting done.

pretty damn good news!

rjquillin

quality posts: 289 Private Messages rjquillin
Winedavid39 wrote:This just in:

Missouri, New Hampshire and Vermont now a "GO" for wine.woot.

that is for those wineries who get all the permitting done.

pretty damn good news!

I can only imaging the battles that have been fought to make these happen again.

Great news.

CT