Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 38 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
KtCallista wrote:*shudders* I absolutely abhor that novel.

LP

XD Guess I'm just weird then. I always appreciated how meditative it was. It also helped that my dad told me about it before I read it, so I had an idea of what to expect when going in.

And because I'm trying to stay positive today, have a happy owl!

LP

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Nitetigrezz wrote:XD Guess I'm just weird then. I always appreciated how meditative it was. It also helped that my dad told me about it before I read it, so I had an idea of what to expect when going in.

LP

I had a weird first reading of it. I was a TA in an upper level English class in high school. It was all the kids that no one wanted, but I was an underclassman, so my presence was weird.

Anyway, we had finished whatever they were working through and we had too much time before a break to do nothing, but not really enough time to devote to something. The teacher decided to have the class speed read Old Man and Sea aloud.

Anyway, it has tempered my view of the book.

LP

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady

last post

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:I had a weird first reading of it. I was a TA in an upper level English class in high school. It was all the kids that no one wanted, but I was an underclassman, so my presence was weird.

Anyway, we had finished whatever they were working through and we had too much time before a break to do nothing, but not really enough time to devote to something. The teacher decided to have the class speed read Old Man and Sea aloud.

Anyway, it has tempered my view of the book.

LP

Ooooh that must have been interesting >.< I'd never think an English teacher would want it speed-read through. It's just not the right sort of book for it. When you have some small idea what you're getting into, then it's best to just take your time with it. Let it sink it. Let it draw you into a near-meditative state. Kind of like when you spend time on a painting, instead of just speed on through an art museum. Or when you spend the day fishing, instead of hitting the grocery store. You're not there quite so much for the fish as you are for the scenary, the fresh air, the time alone with your thoughts or your loved ones.

Mreh, maybe I'm just being too poetic about it xp

LP

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:Ooooh that must have been interesting >.< I'd never think an English teacher would want it speed-read through. It's just not the right sort of book for it. When you have some small idea what you're getting into, then it's best to just take your time with it. Let it sink it. Let it draw you into a near-meditative state. Kind of like when you spend time on a painting, instead of just speed on through an art museum. Or when you spend the day fishing, instead of hitting the grocery store. You're not there quite so much for the fish as you are for the scenary, the fresh air, the time alone with your thoughts or your loved ones.

Mreh, maybe I'm just being too poetic about it xp

LP

Nah, you enjoyed it. And I love a mountain vista as much, or maybe more-so than the next girl. I spent two summers in the wilds and loved every minute of it.

LP

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Nitetigrezz wrote:Oh so you got to learn more about plate tectonics than most XD

And just because I know someone else will say it if I don't, did you get to meet Johnny Cash?

LP

in 1966 and 1968!

KtCallista

no1 wrote:in 1966 and 1968!

I had no idea you were so much older than me!

LP

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:Nah, you enjoyed it. And I love a mountain vista as much, or maybe more-so than the next girl. I spent two summers in the wilds and loved every minute of it.

LP

XD Thanks. Speaking of, we're still trying to decide where to go camping this weekend x.x

no1 wrote:in 1966 and 1968!

Pictures or it didn't happen xp

LP

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:Pictures or it didn't happen xp

LP

I recommend camping where there isn't a fire.... which pretty much rules out everything over here.

LP

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:I recommend camping where there isn't a fire.... which pretty much rules out everything over here.

LP

Not even a ring of it? Maybe I'll get lucky and meet Cash's ghost >.>

LP

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:Not even a ring of it? Maybe I'll get lucky and meet Cash's ghost >.>

LP

if you want

LP

no1

Nitetigrezz wrote:Pictures or it didn't happen xp

LP

Nitetigrezz

no1 wrote:Johnny Cash evidence

And where exactly are you in all that? I want you circled out, dagnabbit! XD

LP

no1

Nitetigrezz wrote:And where exactly are you in all that? I want you circled out, dagnabbit! XD

LP

oviusly imma takin the picher

Nitetigrezz

no1 wrote:oviusly imma takin the picher

But where's the proof that you're the photographer? Who took a picture of you taking a picture of Johnny Cash? And who took a picture of them taking a picture of the one who took a picture of you taking a picture of Johnny Cash?

The world may never know o.o

LP

KtCallista

Last Post

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:Last Post

It sounds odd, but every time I click on this thread and see that 'laughing' owl at the top, it makes me smile Gotta remember to keep positive pictures like that as my top pics.

LP

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:It sounds odd, but every time I click on this thread and see that 'laughing' owl at the top, it makes me smile Gotta remember to keep positive pictures like that as my top pics.

LP

Good plan then!

LP

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:Good plan then!

LP

Also helps I'm looking at backpacking trails in WA XD Kinda getting me excited about camping.

LP

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:Also helps I'm looking at backpacking trails in WA XD Kinda getting me excited about camping.

LP

mmmm backpacking.... *drifts off into utopian thoughts*

LP

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:mmmm backpacking.... *drifts off into utopian thoughts*

LP

~chuckles~
Maybe one of these days we can all go together. Would be fun to take a weekend in the woods.

LP

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:~chuckles~
Maybe one of these days we can all go together. Would be fun to take a weekend in the woods.

LP

You are brave if you are inviting all of us. I'd love to get away into the woods again. The last two summers I've swore I'd make time to hike in somewhere.... it just doesn't happen. I've got good reasons! Just still no backpacking.

LP

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:You are brave if you are inviting all of us. I'd love to get away into the woods again. The last two summers I've swore I'd make time to hike in somewhere.... it just doesn't happen. I've got good reasons! Just still no backpacking.

LP

XD Seems like it could be fun.

It can be hard to make the time. I think the only reason we're able to do it now is because of a combination of Ngo and I having two days off together and our local friend having access to a lot of park passes. It also helped that I kept poking at Ngo from the moment he got the new schedule. It's why Ngo is pretty awesome. Enough poking and prodding, and he sees the light XD

LP

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:XD Seems like it could be fun.

It can be hard to make the time. I think the only reason we're able to do it now is because of a combination of Ngo and I having two days off together and our local friend having access to a lot of park passes. It also helped that I kept poking at Ngo from the moment he got the new schedule. It's why Ngo is pretty awesome. Enough poking and prodding, and he sees the light XD

LP

Orc has a national park pass because of being deaf (it's a disability perk, there aren't a ton). We've made good use of it. Once I can start to settle somewhere, we are going to do more camping, because we'll know what to expect. right?

LP

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:Orc has a national park pass because of being deaf (it's a disability perk, there aren't a ton). We've made good use of it. Once I can start to settle somewhere, we are going to do more camping, because we'll know what to expect. right?

LP

That's so awesome :D

XD I'll be sure to give a full report on Monday on how our own trip goes, including which trail we finally decided on.

LP

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:That's so awesome :D

XD I'll be sure to give a full report on Monday on how our own trip goes, including which trail we finally decided on.

LP

I will look forward to that!

Remember the pics.

LP

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:I will look forward to that!

Remember the pics.

LP

>.> Y'know, I might break through my laziness in taking/posting pics and actually go through with it this time. Though if nothing else, the local friend loves photography and practically keeps his camera glued to him, so I might just nab a few of our faves from him XD

LP

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:>.> Y'know, I might break through my laziness in taking/posting pics and actually go through with it this time. Though if nothing else, the local friend loves photography and practically keeps his camera glued to him, so I might just nab a few of our faves from him XD

LP

That works for me! I used to love photography and taking pictures, then about my honeymoon with Orc I realized that we were missing out on everything because we were always taking pictures instead of being "in the group" It was fine when we were framing mountains and looking at mountain goats and whatnot, but I started tapering off on how many pictures I took. I tried to pick back up with the Versions were born, but really I enjoy doing much more than taking pictures.

LP

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:That works for me! I used to love photography and taking pictures, then about my honeymoon with Orc I realized that we were missing out on everything because we were always taking pictures instead of being "in the group" It was fine when we were framing mountains and looking at mountain goats and whatnot, but I started tapering off on how many pictures I took. I tried to pick back up with the Versions were born, but really I enjoy doing much more than taking pictures.

LP

I know what you mean. I used to be very big on taking pictures everywhere. It was great for the Amtrack trip from Sacramento to Seattle since they had a scenic car and it killed a lot of time to take pictures of the pretty scenary. Ngo had to tug on me a few times when I was spending more time with the pictures than actually experiencing. I finally just lost the habit entirely >.< Kinda sucked when we took our roadtrip cross country because there were sites that we may never see again, but I feel no regret because I still got to enjoy those sites with Ngo

LP

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:I know what you mean. I used to be very big on taking pictures everywhere. It was great for the Amtrack trip from Sacramento to Seattle since they had a scenic car and it killed a lot of time to take pictures of the pretty scenary. Ngo had to tug on me a few times when I was spending more time with the pictures than actually experiencing. I finally just lost the habit entirely >.< Kinda sucked when we took our roadtrip cross country because there were sites that we may never see again, but I feel no regret because I still got to enjoy those sites with Ngo

LP

Exactly, I'm not a scrapbooker or anything either (really I have way better ways to spend my time than cutting up one of a kind photos (well not if you are using digital reprints), and pasting cutsie quotes that I typically find nauseating all over them.

There that should have successfully offended someone. . . . I really do not understand the appeal of scrapbooking. Albums are nice, Descriptions of who what and the date are very good, but the rest, bleck.

Go ahead, ask me how I really feel!

LP

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:Exactly, I'm not a scrapbooker or anything either (really I have way better ways to spend my time than cutting up one of a kind photos (well not if you are using digital reprints), and pasting cutsie quotes that I typically find nauseating all over them.

There that should have successfully offended someone. . . . I really do not understand the appeal of scrapbooking. Albums are nice, Descriptions of who what and the date are very good, but the rest, bleck.

Go ahead, ask me how I really feel!

LP

Lmao no offense here! My s-mom used to love scrapbooking, and it was cute, but I'd never expend so much time and energy on it x.x Dates and places make sense, but beyond that it just seems like there are better things to do, like maybe finding more adventures worthy of picture-taking.

To be honest, I don't have any pictures from my childhood. No baby pics, nothing from when I was growing up. I had my baby album for awhile, but it was lost in one of the moves. The earliest picture I have is my high school graduation picture, but of course I'm all covered in make-up and false smiles >.< I hate those kinds of pictures. There's nothing 'alive' about them, if you know what I mean? They're just so fake.

Other than that, what I do have is trapped on different phones >.>

LP

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:Lmao no offense here! My s-mom used to love scrapbooking, and it was cute, but I'd never expend so much time and energy on it x.x Dates and places make sense, but beyond that it just seems like there are better things to do, like maybe finding more adventures worthy of picture-taking.

To be honest, I don't have any pictures from my childhood. No baby pics, nothing from when I was growing up. I had my baby album for awhile, but it was lost in one of the moves. The earliest picture I have is my high school graduation picture, but of course I'm all covered in make-up and false smiles >.< I hate those kinds of pictures. There's nothing 'alive' about them, if you know what I mean? They're just so fake.

Other than that, what I do have is trapped on different phones >.>

LP

So there's this thing called the cloud where you can give someone else all your photos to lose forever.

LP

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:So there's this thing called the cloud where you can give someone else all your photos to lose forever.

LP

I know >.< I've been stubbornly resistant against it, though I honestly couldn't tell you why. Gotta say though, the Google+ gallery thing has been a huge help. It automatically backed up all my photos from my last phone. Didn't even know it did this, so I was pleasently surprised when they popped up on the newer phone.

Blarg, I really hope this weather clears up by tomorrow. It would keep me from getting sunburned when we hike, but if we go on one trail that has a high peak and amazing view, I want to actually be able to enjoy it x.x

It's also making me want to curl up in bed at home x.x

LP

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:I know >.< I've been stubbornly resistant against it, though I honestly couldn't tell you why. Gotta say though, the Google+ gallery thing has been a huge help. It automatically backed up all my photos from my last phone. Didn't even know it did this, so I was pleasently surprised when they popped up on the newer phone.

Blarg, I really hope this weather clears up by tomorrow. It would keep me from getting sunburned when we hike, but if we go on one trail that has a high peak and amazing view, I want to actually be able to enjoy it x.x

It's also making me want to curl up in bed at home x.x

LP

We've had violent thunderstorms the last two nights and looks like we'll get another tonight. At least last nights included rain.

LP

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:We've had violent thunderstorms the last two nights and looks like we'll get another tonight. At least last nights included rain.

LP

Youch >.< Here it just looks like typical Seattle spring or autumn. You might want to consider wetting down your property before going to bed tonight, if there's any chance of dry grass or trees or what-have-you.

LP

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:Youch >.< Here it just looks like typical Seattle spring or autumn. You might want to consider wetting down your property before going to bed tonight, if there's any chance of dry grass or trees or what-have-you.

LP

It's pretty wet and we are in a bowl, so little chance of a strike. We have one dead tree that I want to remove, but need to borrow a chainsaw. It hasn't even lost a branch in the last two storms though, so it's doing well.

LP

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:It's pretty wet and we are in a bowl, so little chance of a strike. We have one dead tree that I want to remove, but need to borrow a chainsaw. It hasn't even lost a branch in the last two storms though, so it's doing well.

LP

Alright, glad to know you're all safe.

LP

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:Alright, glad to know you're all safe.

LP

Safe, just grumpy and tired (although I sleep better when we have the storms. Last too nights have been my least interrupted sleep in 3 weeks, just not nearly long enough!

LP

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:Safe, just grumpy and tired (although I sleep better when we have the storms. Last too nights have been my least interrupted sleep in 3 weeks, just not nearly long enough!

LP

Just like my dad XD I don't know how, but the louder the storm, the more soundly he sleeps. I love the sound of the rain, but the thunder always keeps me up. Not so much out of fear though as anticipation. My dad was very good at turning thunder into a thing to look forward to XD

LP

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:Just like my dad XD I don't know how, but the louder the storm, the more soundly he sleeps. I love the sound of the rain, but the thunder always keeps me up. Not so much out of fear though as anticipation. My dad was very good at turning thunder into a thing to look forward to XD

LP

For added irony, Orc's snoring drives me crazy and I get homicidal thoughts when it keeps me up! Thunder, the more the merrier!

LP