+ Add a Comment

dougall

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall
Mavyn wrote:I'm fairly certain that you wouldn't let me bring the swarm of cuttlefish to work.

you'd only have enough room for 1, and you'd need a little salt too.

but buy me a swarm, you're welcome to take one to the office. Just watch out, I expect your fish and snails may not survive.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
dougall wrote:you'd only have enough room for 1, and you'd need a little salt too.

but buy me a swarm, you're welcome to take one to the office. Just watch out, I expect your fish and snails may not survive.

There's a server in my area that could be relocated...

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
dougall wrote:Down and left from the snail, center of the picture.

it's a brown catfish, sitting on wood.

I keep telling her to get something bigger and more interesting... like a swarm of cuttlefish.

(And she keeps telling me to go ahead, I just wish it were so easy)

Wait, that's a catfish? How small is it?!

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

dougall

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall
jqubed wrote:Wait, that's a catfish? How small is it?!

Maybe an inch long?

More info here

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Good afternoon.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

hot72chev

quality posts: 13 Private Messages hot72chev

Evening, y'all. What's new and exciting today? We had 2 inches of rain. Woo hoo.

No badges cluttering up this signature...no-sir-ee-bob.

pooflady

Nothing new. Have discovered it's tiring walking (limping) with this stupid boot on and have discovered some muscles aching that I didn't even know were there. Perhaps it gets better with time.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Yeah! Internet!

It has been missing for two days, on and off.

Cable company is coming tomorrow, that is why it came back on! So I can look stupid when they get here!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Yeah! Internet!

It has been missing for two days, on and off.

Cable company is coming tomorrow, that is why it came back on! So I can look stupid when they get here!

That's always the way it works.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Nothing new. Have discovered it's tiring walking (limping) with this stupid boot on and have discovered some muscles aching that I didn't even know were there. Perhaps it gets better with time.

Feel better

I wonder where those mystery muscles come from?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Feel better

I wonder where those mystery muscles come from?

Good question.

pooflady

Hellooooooooo //echo//

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Hellooooooooo //echo//

I'm back!!!
It was horrible!
Internet
no internet
internet
no internet

The cable co sent a guy.
It was good hubby was home, he got to follow him around and show him things like junction boxes. I only knew were 2 were.

We have some new wires...some new things that attach the wires to each other...a new modem.

My crazy idea that we needed two separate wires coming into the house paid off!
One was dead...maybe squirrel ate the wire???... but the other worked fine, and now everything is running off it. TV and internet.

(part of my mind said, hey, 3 or four computers and 6 TVs is too much for one wire (we have less now)...The other part of my mind said, but there is only one wire running for the entire neighborhood...
well, my neurosis paid off, the guy didn't have to climb the telephone pole and give us a new wire!)

We are set to go!

Once More for Grandma, no internet.... THR HORROR

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

The cable co sent a routine call to confirm the appointment. I don't think they were paying attention. The robot voice said, if you need more information, go to www.cableco.com Ummmm, How? There was no internet!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:I'm back!!!
It was horrible!
Internet
no internet
internet
no internet

The cable co sent a guy.
It was good hubby was home, he got to follow him around and show him things like junction boxes. I only knew were 2 were.

We have some new wires...some new things that attach the wires to each other...a new modem.

My crazy idea that we needed two separate wires coming into the house paid off!
One was dead...maybe squirrel ate the wire???... but the other worked fine, and now everything is running off it. TV and internet.

(part of my mind said, hey, 3 or four computers and 6 TVs is too much for one wire (we have less now)...The other part of my mind said, but there is only one wire running for the entire neighborhood...
well, my neurosis paid off, the guy didn't have to climb the telephone pole and give us a new wire!)

We are set to go!

Once More for Grandma, no internet.... THR HORROR

I'm not exactly sure what you just said, but I'm glad you're back with us.

Read back on FB, Fen sure had a horrible and scary time.

hot72chev

dontwantaname wrote:The cable co sent a routine call to confirm the appointment. I don't think they were paying attention. The robot voice said, if you need more information, go to www.cableco.com Ummmm, How? There was no internet!

DUR! You must have the same cable company I have...I think it's
ReallySmartCableGuys.com or something. Glad you are connected again - whew! Stressful!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

hot72chev wrote:DUR! You must have the same cable company I have...I think it's
ReallySmartCableGuys.com or something. Glad you are connected again - whew! Stressful!

Thanks!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:The cable co sent a routine call to confirm the appointment. I don't think they were paying attention. The robot voice said, if you need more information, go to www.cableco.com Ummmm, How? There was no internet!

1. cell fone
2. work interwebs

Mavyn

Monday morning and a pounding headache. :/ Bleah.

But, good news on the tomato front--there are bunches now.

And, from the 'little things in glass boxes' file...

Cherry shrimp. 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Morning folks!

On the garden front, blackberries will be ripe soon! I gave the first one to Rusty's friend, one of the 8 year old twins down the block.

That is it for the garden this year. Next door neighbor didn't plant anything.

Father in law couldn't plant anything because the Dr said no.

Neighbors fig tree died this winter. It was a bush, and it got as high and wide as my garage! There are shoots coming up from the bottom. Give it 10 years or so and there will be figs hanging over my fence again.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jqubed

pooflady wrote:I'm not exactly sure what you just said, but I'm glad you're back with us.

Read back on FB, Fen sure had a horrible and scary time.

I think at some point in the past she felt like they would need 2 cables running into the house because of how many computers and TVs they had, that it would be too much for one cable. That's not really how it works, but apparently the cable company humored her and it's worked out because one of the cables into their house was somehow cut, but because they had 2 they already had a backup so it was a relatively quick fix.

What happened with Fen?

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

Mavyn wrote:Monday morning and a pounding headache. :/ Bleah.

But, good news on the tomato front--there are bunches now.

And, from the 'little things in glass boxes' file...

Cherry shrimp. 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch.

Neat!

Skye — 1997-2007

Mavyn

dontwantaname wrote:

Neighbors fig tree died this winter. It was a bush, and it got as high and wide as my garage! There are shoots coming up from the bottom. Give it 10 years or so and there will be figs hanging over my fence again.

Mmmm, figs. Figs are awesome.

no1

Mavyn wrote:Mmmm, figs. Figs are awesome.

so are gifs. figs and gifs are good forwards and backwards!

pooflady

jqubed wrote:

What happened with Fen?

So, my T5 and T6 suffered a compression fracture at ~03:00 june15th thanks to a bacterial infection. Pain was finally enough under ctrl for me to be consious on the 18th. I should be going home tomorrow, the 21st. 6wks of antibiotics and I should be mostly back to normal.

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226

Does Schrobblehead still post here?

Because if Schrobblehead still posts here, I want him to know that the lovely Mrs. 9226 just ordered 2 more of his modern elephany T-shirts, on account of she literally wore out the first one. Like she wears it all the time. And it's worn so thin that the seams are like dotted with little wear holes. And it's practically see-though.

So she ordered two more.

And we all know what that means. Yes! Schrobblehead will be getting a residual check for almost two whole dollars!

He must now know what it feels like to have been on the Gong Show!

That is all.

jqubed

pooflady wrote:So, my T5 and T6 suffered a compression fracture at ~03:00 june15th thanks to a bacterial infection. Pain was finally enough under ctrl for me to be consious on the 18th. I should be going home tomorrow, the 21st. 6wks of antibiotics and I should be mostly back to normal.

Whoa! Any idea how a bacterial infection causes a compression fracture?

Skye — 1997-2007

pooflady

jqubed wrote:Whoa! Any idea how a bacterial infection causes a compression fracture?

My nephew had close to the same thing happen a few years ago, but not fracture. All of a sudden his back hurt and then couldn't sit up from laying down. Erie hospitals said first one thing, then something else, then they didn't know and sent him by ambulance to Children's in Pittsburgh, where it was diagnosed quickly. They said in his case the spine must have been bruised at some point (sports or wrestling with brother) and that's where the bacteria got in. Like Fen, once he got home he had antibiotics via a pic line twice a day for six weeks.

More from Fen:
A lot of my normal activities require a lot more dexterity than you would think. There are a lot of things outside I would lo to photograph for example, but it is hard to use a DSLR with a walker. I can't really hook cables up to computers and TVs and such, because I would have to bend over. The list continues. Even while sitting, the brace limits my mobility. I also can not pick up my puppy, and she does not respond to commands.

no1

pooflady wrote:[quoting mr. star]... she does not respond to commands.[/end mr. star quote]

it's like he was married already!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Anyone have Fen's current address?

Mr one, dogs are better than people.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Anyone have Fen's current address?

At his parents, probably the same as the Christmas cards a few years ago.

jqubed

pooflady wrote:My nephew had close to the same thing happen a few years ago, but not fracture. All of a sudden his back hurt and then couldn't sit up from laying down. Erie hospitals said first one thing, then something else, then they didn't know and sent him by ambulance to Children's in Pittsburgh, where it was diagnosed quickly. They said in his case the spine must have been bruised at some point (sports or wrestling with brother) and that's where the bacteria got in. Like Fen, once he got home he had antibiotics via a pic line twice a day for six weeks.

Wow, that's rough!

pooflady wrote:More from Fen:
A lot of my normal activities require a lot more dexterity than you would think. There are a lot of things outside I would lo to photograph for example, but it is hard to use a DSLR with a walker. I can't really hook cables up to computers and TVs and such, because I would have to bend over. The list continues. Even while sitting, the brace limits my mobility. I also can not pick up my puppy, and she does not respond to commands.

These are challenges he's facing now, or did he need a walker before?

Skye — 1997-2007

pooflady

jqubed wrote:These are challenges he's facing now, or did he need a walker before?

Now.

pooflady

LinkedIn seems to think this company would like to hire me. ROFLMAO IT??? Me???

Principal Program Manager, IT
Vantiv
Cincinnati Area

Mavyn

pooflady wrote:LinkedIn seems to think this company would like to hire me. ROFLMAO IT??? Me???

Principal Program Manager, IT
Vantiv
Cincinnati Area

LinkedIn is high most of the time. Their algorithms are worse than facebooks.

hot72chev

Mavyn wrote:Mmmm, figs. Figs are awesome.

My aunt used to make the best fig preserves.

Hey, Poof, how's your little pig?

hot72chev

dontwantaname wrote:

you got that right

pooflady

hot72chev wrote:My aunt used to make the best fig preserves.

Hey, Poof, how's your little pig?

I hate this boot, I hate this boot, I hate this boot. I hate not being able to drive. I hate not being able to drive. I hate not being able to drive.

no1

pooflady wrote:I hate this boot, I hate this boot, I hate this boot. I hate not being able to drive. I hate not being able to drive. I hate not being able to drive.

i get the feeling you're not completely happy with your toesies.

pooflady

no1 wrote:i get the feeling you're not completely happy with your toesies.

Oh, did I leave you with that impression?