rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:Amazon's exposure is exponentially greater than a site like TSO, Amazon's lawyers are being overly cautious.

Agree, I think this tops the list.
But even a token tidbit of information about what's going on would seem to be a balm to soothe.

CT

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
rjquillin wrote:Agree, I think this tops the list.
But even a token tidbit of information about what's going on would seem to be a balm to soothe.

I agree that some information would be helpful. I keep thinking that there is a lot of interpretation involved with evaluating whether a company can ship into a state based on how they operate, etc. And so there is risk in being out in the public about why state x's laws allow us to ship buy state y's laws don't. Particularly if someone in power at state x reads it and decides that is not how they think the law should apply.

Basically, I think that saying nothing is the safer route.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
polarbear22 wrote:Basically, I think that saying nothing is the safer route.

Exactly.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:Exactly.

"uncle"

CT

joellg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joellg

Any update on Missouri? I emailed my reps, but Im pretty sure thats not high enough. This is killing me, Id buy 1-3 cases a month, sometimes more, and havent been able to buy wine for many months now. This sucks!

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
joellg wrote:Any update on Missouri? I emailed my reps, but Im pretty sure thats not high enough. This is killing me, Id buy 1-3 cases a month, sometimes more, and havent been able to buy wine for many months now. This sucks!

As a New Yorker who experienced the restrictions for a few months, I feel your pain, but for the reasons discussed ad nauseam above, contacting your reps may be useless, and Woot people are keeping mum.

chipgreen

quality posts: 185 Private Messages chipgreen

Hopefully now that the Holidays are over, there will be more states added soon. They were making slow but steady progress there for awhile.

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

Please keep working on getting Minnesota back on the list. Squeezing out little tears about missing out on the Plus offers of Pinky Swear and Crusher. Thank goodness for Stillman Brown reaching out to me!
Cheers!

Savagesam37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Savagesam37

"Bump"...that's for you Amazon attorneys! Vacations over. Let's get some of these exiled state's back in business. It's been very quiet the last two months.

mtuhuskies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mtuhuskies
Savagesam37 wrote:"Bump"...that's for you Amazon attorneys! Vacations over. Let's get some of these exiled state's back in business. It's been very quiet the last two months.

Agreed! Lets get this fixed!

nmachen

quality posts: 35 Private Messages nmachen

Thank you so very much for taunting me with an email today advertising the current Pedroncelli offer. I'd definitely buy it if I didn't live in the wine.woot-less state of Minnesota. :-(

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
- Maria Robinson

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
nmachen wrote:Thank you so very much for taunting me with an email today advertising the current Pedroncelli offer. I'd definitely buy it if I didn't live in the wine.woot-less state of Minnesota. :-(

Hey, stop whining and read the sale thread! Ed says contact them directly and they'll hook you up. Come to the cabaret, old chum!

kaolis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis

I've noticed the "Sold by: XXX Winery" statement on the offering page recently. Wondering if that has anything to do with addressing some of the shipping problems.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kaolis wrote:I've noticed the "Sold by: XXX Winery" statement on the offering page recently. Wondering if that has anything to do with addressing some of the shipping problems.

Not that I know of. It's just to make it clear that the seller of record is the winery (or vendor), not Woot.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kaolis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis
ThunderThighs wrote:Not that I know of. It's just to make it clear that the seller of record is the winery (or vendor), not Woot.

Got it, thanks. I was thinking maybe by stating or making clear the offer was from the winery/vendor and not Woot might have some sort of legal implications on the ship side in some strange way.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
kaolis wrote:Got it, thanks. I was thinking maybe by stating or making clear the offer was from the winery/vendor and not Woot might have some sort of legal implications on the ship side in some strange way.

Nope, it will just make people more confused when the winery says "we can ship to that state, but Woot can't".

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

dalematthew

quality posts: 22 Private Messages dalematthew

I don't think something like that pops up for no reason at all - either legal or accounting I'd guess.

dlschier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlschier
dalematthew wrote:I don't think something like that pops up for no reason at all - either legal or accounting I'd guess.

As far as I can see this note has been present since before any of this shipping issue started.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
dlschier wrote:As far as I can see this note has been present since before any of this shipping issue started.

It's new. It's likely a scripted website change that, when implemented, was automatically applied to previous offers as well.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

WilfBrim

quality posts: 18 Private Messages WilfBrim

Note to Woot:
I've given up even the faint hope that you would ever ship to Georgia. I assume you have as well. But could you please stop sending me promotional emails telling me about specific offers, including wines that I bought in the past, but can't buy now? You sent me one today. That is just mean.

equuslover

quality posts: 1 Private Messages equuslover
WilfBrim wrote:Note to Woot:
I've given up even the faint hope that you would ever ship to Georgia. I assume you have as well. But could you please stop sending me promotional emails telling me about specific offers, including wines that I bought in the past, but can't buy now? You sent me one today. That is just mean.

Ditto.

chipgreen

It's disappointing that there have not been any states added back in the last 3 months. The last state was Ohio back in mid-November. While I am very happy to be back "on the list" here in OH, I feel badly for those who are still shutout.

It appears at this point that bringing back additional states is no longer a priority.

WilfBrim

quality posts: 18 Private Messages WilfBrim
chipgreen wrote:It's disappointing that there have not been any states added back in the last 3 months. The last state was Ohio back in mid-November. While I am very happy to be back "on the list" here in OH, I feel badly for those who are still shutout.

It appears at this point that bringing back additional states is no longer a priority.

It isn't going to happen. Any state that hasn't been added back at this point isn't going to. And there is no point lobbying state legislatures: they didn't change anything. This is an internal Amazon policy, and (at this point) is set in stone.

joellg

So, if theres no shot of MO ever getting back in on this, where can I buy cases of wine at a good price? any other suggestions?

kylemittskus

joellg wrote:So, if theres no shot of MO ever getting back in on this, where can I buy cases of wine at a good price? any other suggestions?

Lots of retailers with good prices and sales. It depends a lot on what you're looking for. Wine Library is great for kind of everything (watch their sister site, Cinderella Wine, for great deals --twice a day). Chambers St. Wines is great for old bottles. Watch the deals thread. I can continue if you want more.

cyberpenguin

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cyberpenguin
chipgreen wrote:It's disappointing that there have not been any states added back in the last 3 months. The last state was Ohio back in mid-November. While I am very happy to be back "on the list" here in OH, I feel badly for those who are still shutout.

It seems that way. Even with reciprocal states like New Mexico.

Savagesam37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Savagesam37

So I guess what others and I would like to know is, are they still working to try to get other states back on the list. WD, anyone...yes or no.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Savagesam37 wrote:So I guess what others and I would like to know is, are they still working to try to get other states back on the list. WD, anyone...yes or no.

hi. yes we are constantly poking and nudging. Believe me you'll be the first to know..

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee
Winedavid39 wrote:hi. yes we are constantly poking and nudging. Believe me you'll be the first to know..

Happy to hear that WD! In the meantime, our friend, Stillman Brown is providing lovely offers and last week I met Judd, the owner of Humanitas, at a MN Timberwolves Foundation event. Keeping my wine.woot! connections alive until Minnesota is welcomed back to the flock.
Cheers!

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

cynthylee wrote:Happy to hear that WD! In the meantime, our friend, Stillman Brown is providing lovely offers and last week I met Judd, the owner of Humanitas, at a MN Timberwolves Foundation event. Keeping my wine.woot! connections alive until Minnesota is welcomed back to the flock.
Cheers!

Thanks for the update. I think Minnesota may be the loudest of those states omitted. Love MN !

chipgreen

Winedavid39 wrote:Thanks for the update. I think Minnesota may be the loudest of those states omitted. Love MN !

Good luck WD, I can only imagine the frustration. I realize that you can only poke and prod so much before it becomes counter-productive.

Aracos

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Aracos
Winedavid39 wrote:hi. yes we are constantly poking and nudging. Believe me you'll be the first to know..

Appreciate it WD, please throw some WI pokes in there too. I've missed a number of Woot Cellar offers that I'd buy the max on that really disappoints me and the current Scott Harvey offer. I suppose I could ship to a cousin in IL, but she'd give me empty bottles since she is a heavy wine drinker.

chipgreen

Aracos wrote:Appreciate it WD, please throw some WI pokes in there too. I've missed a number of Woot Cellar offers that I'd buy the max on that really disappoints me and the current Scott Harvey offer. I suppose I could ship to a cousin in IL, but she'd give me empty bottles since she is a heavy wine drinker.

Contact Scott Harvey wines directly, they will hook you up - see the product thread for more info.

hannahzee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hannahzee

I live in Missouri and have really been missing the shipping. Do states get added back on to the list sporadically or is there a calendar cycle for when new shipping licenses are granted?

kylemittskus

hannahzee wrote:I live in Missouri and have really been missing the shipping. Do states get added back on to the list sporadically or is there a calendar cycle for when new shipping licenses are granted?

If you figure it out, let the rest of us know.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
hannahzee wrote:I live in Missouri and have really been missing the shipping. Do states get added back on to the list sporadically or is there a calendar cycle for when new shipping licenses are granted?

Grumpy Kyle today.

This isn't about shipping licenses. Woot's model has always been that the winery has the licenses. Woot is not selling you wine, woot is simplt a portal for the wineries to sell their wines. Unfortunately, the way the laws in a number of states are written it puts Wine Woot's business model in a grey area give some rulings in New York a year or so ago. (I'd argue that Wine woot is very much on the right side of the line but that's an expensive bet to make)

Woot is waiting on clarification from each individual state's liquor control agency (yay federal system...) before opening up shipping again. Trust me, this whole issue hurts Wine woot and they want all those states back just as much as you do.

That being said the following would be useful:
1) List of states that are ok to ship to (Given the winery has a license to ship there)
2) List of states that cannot be shipped to at all given their laws and their interpretation of said laws
3) List of states in Purgatory between these two that may become #1 or #2 based on an interpretation.

*edit* reading back through this thread made me realize that the lists requested above may qualify as information that has already been denied in which case, TT, I am sorry for asking again.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

chipgreen

cmaldoon wrote:.....
That being said the following would be useful:
1) List of states that are ok to ship to (Given the winery has a license to ship there)
2) List of states that cannot be shipped to at all given their laws and their interpretation of said laws
3) List of states in Purgatory between these two that may become #1 or #2 based on an interpretation.

THIS is pretty close to what you're looking for....

glassglass

quality posts: 1 Private Messages glassglass

So if we were to be looking at this from a totally different point of view other than "shipping laws", one might come to the conclusion that woot is planning a run for president in the next election. Woot continues to ship to all of the states with the large numbers of electoral votes and appears to ignore the states with the smaller electoral vote count. Woot will definitely win the election with this stagey and would be wasting its resources to bother trying to win in those "less populated" states. Worth considering .... or not.

Anyway, I sure miss woot's shipping wine to VT or NH. There are lots of other sites online that sell wine, but I have truly come to trust that woot's wine is good because of the wonderful discussion about the featured wine by different knowledgeable customers, enlightened woot staff, and friendly reps from the winery who generally are quite serious and honest about their product. I fear the only way anything positive will happen here is for the amazon lawyers to break through the backwater and unfair regulations of the smaller states.

joellg

kylemittskus wrote:Lots of retailers with good prices and sales. It depends a lot on what you're looking for. Wine Library is great for kind of everything (watch their sister site, Cinderella Wine, for great deals --twice a day). Chambers St. Wines is great for old bottles. Watch the deals thread. I can continue if you want more.

Thanks for thew reply, Ill give those a shot.
I did contact Scott Harvey, and they shipped to me directly. The wine was excellent, the customer service was equally as excellent, and am very happy to have gone direct.
Joel

cptgeorge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cptgeorge

I don't see it mentioned often, but I would love for TN to be added back to the list.