+ Add a Comment

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
ThunderThighs wrote:

It was a joke! But, with someone with the name of TT, how could you not look? haha

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
cheron98 wrote:Wootception or it doesn't count

+1

mommadeb1

ThunderThighs wrote:Some of us are too far from Californey.

that is not a valid
Excuse!! some of us are from northeast and southeast and are still going!

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610
mommadeb1 wrote:that is not a valid

Some of us are in school and have classes starting, and also I'm far away from Cali as well

mommadeb1

tiger7610 wrote:Some of us are in school and have classes starting, and also I'm far away from Cali as well

well, that doesn't work either... our schools start Aug. 17.. I'm making sure I don't work then....

mommadeb1

opened my last bottle of Todd's Dirt......

hint hint hint.....if any powers that be are reading this....

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mommadeb1 wrote:that is not a valid

Tiger started it!

And I just passed on your Todd's Dirt request.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mommadeb1

ThunderThighs wrote:Tiger started it!

And I just passed on your Todd's Dirt request.

I'm just saying... I live VERY far away.... and I am missing an important family event to go to the wootception...so.. If I can make it.....

thanks for forwarding my Todd's Dirt request!

bahwm

quality posts: 28 Private Messages bahwm

Every time I turn around I find another bug bite! The good news is that they don't itch!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
bahwm wrote:Every time I turn around I find another bug bite! The good news is that they don't itch!

Stop turning around.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

Ugh. Packing and getting my wine inventory in order. Fun times. At least I finally got around to creating my cellar in CT. It's still a work in progress, but at least it's something.

mommadeb1

CAGrl wrote:Ugh. Packing and getting my wine inventory in order. Fun times. At least I finally got around to creating my cellar in CT. It's still a work in progress, but at least it's something.

creating a CT cellar is on my summer to do list... so far I haven't been motivated. so I am drinking some to eliminate the workload!

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
mommadeb1 wrote:creating a CT cellar is on my summer to do list... so far I haven't been motivated. so I am drinking some to eliminate the workload!

Hahaha. That's the right kind of thinking! Since I'm on a serious SIWBM, I figured this was a good a time as any to organize.

mommadeb1

CAGrl wrote:Hahaha. That's the right kind of thinking! Since I'm on a serious SIWBM, I figured this was a good a time as any to organize.

well, there are open slots in my wine fridge...see, I'm making room for my trip in
Aug!!

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

I just finished my inventory before my move,and I just did it in excel that way I do not have to figure out a new system

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
klezman wrote:Kyle's Cuvée

Kyle's Crystal Cuvée

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
zTimothyBz wrote:Kyle's Crystal Cuvée

It has 4.5 stars?!?!?!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
CAGrl wrote:Ugh. Packing and getting my wine inventory in order. Fun times. At least I finally got around to creating my cellar in CT. It's still a work in progress, but at least it's something.

I have felt your pain. After packing and moving more than 40 cases.... I know how bad it can be. Maybe a break on Sunday is in order for drinks... One less bottle to pack!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:actually that might not have affected it more than it already is, since it's just one more image. Now if that had been like 10 more images, then yeah, that would've been a disaster.

Cuz, y'know, every time one of your posts loads, it's as many images as you have extra fetches that have to happen. That's what slows it down so much.

Well, I did cut it down to only 5 images, but someone adds a superfluous one every so often!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

trifecta wrote:I have felt your pain. After packing and moving more than 40 cases.... I know how bad it can be. Maybe a break on Sunday is in order for drinks... One less bottle to pack!

Only 40 cases?

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
MarkDaSpark wrote:Only 40 cases?

Yep. Some of us have to pack and move our wine sometimes. We don't all have it shipped to a room and never go through it .

Pretty tough on the back to pack each box and schlep them around. Especially if it's all within a day or two. Here's to you never having to move your wine! that might require surgery afterward.

Come to think of it your locker could jack the rent on you and you'd probably have to pay it...

MarkDaSpark

trifecta wrote:Yep. Some of us have to pack and move our wine sometimes. We don't all have it shipped to a room and never go through it .

Pretty tough on the back to pack each box and schlep them around. Especially if it's all within a day or two. Here's to you never having to move your wine! that might require surgery afterward.

Come to think of it your locker could jack the rent on you and you'd probably have to pay it...

I actually had to move both 48 case lockers and the 16 case locker across the street to the new walk-in!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
bahwm wrote:Every time I turn around I find another bug bite! The good news is that they don't itch!

Duplicate re-post as my computer started this morning. Demon machine.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
ThunderThighs wrote:Some of us are too far from Californey.

You're about 2000 miles closer than we are... I do not accept this excuse!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

tiger7610 wrote:Some of us are in school and have classes starting, and also I'm far away from Cali as well

Wait, does that mean you're coming, cuz you never actually said yes or no

cheron98

mommadeb1 wrote:I'm just saying... I live VERY far away.... and I am missing an important family event to go to the wootception...so.. If I can make it.....

thanks for forwarding my Todd's Dirt request!

And there are some people skipping out on weddings of other friends to come join us

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, I did cut it down to only 5 images, but someone adds a superfluous one every so often!

Yes and then you go on a mad wild posting spree and your 5 images turns into 50...

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

Going to look at granite today at various places, though depending on timing I'll likely get it through my other work. I talked with a manager over there and we switched fabricators and in celebration(?) they're likely going to do an employee special on it. Problem is it'd be limited to in stock granite and I'm lukewarm to most of the in stock stuff. Still, it'll likely be around 30% cheaper than anywhere else. But I'm only needing right at 40sqft so not terrible regardless.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:Yes and then you go on a mad wild posting spree and your 5 images turns into 50...

Says the lady with 4 in a row, plus posts elsewhere! (Wootception and other threads)!

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
bhodilee wrote:Going to look at granite today at various places, though depending on timing I'll likely get it through my other work. I talked with a manager over there and we switched fabricators and in celebration(?) they're likely going to do an employee special on it. Problem is it'd be limited to in stock granite and I'm lukewarm to most of the in stock stuff. Still, it'll likely be around 30% cheaper than anywhere else. But I'm only needing right at 40sqft so not terrible regardless.

Good luck! What color are your cabinets? We chose espresso cabinets and we had a hell of a time finding the right granite.

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, I did cut it down to only 5 images, but someone adds a superfluous one every so often!

Next time, I'll fill it up.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
ThunderThighs wrote:Next time, I'll fill it up.

Please don't encourage him.

CT

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:Please don't encourage him.

????? Encourage me?? I've been cutting down on them, and TT has been adding them, and you think she's encouraging me???

What drugs are you on and where can I get them?

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
tiger7610 wrote:I understand, not sure if they will be accepting donations. Since I did not put a date in the info its Saturday July 27th.

Have fun on your trip!

Actually, I didn't need my PayPal password after all. I just needed to navigate the Spanish payment page to use my credit card. Fortunately, SWMBO was able to help with that, but I managed to figure out most of it on my own. Payment is in.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:????? Encourage me?? I've been cutting down on them, and TT has been adding them, and you think she's encouraging me???

This as good as when your sibling got blamed for something you did.

bahwm

quality posts: 28 Private Messages bahwm

We are in León. We rode through the twisty turny mountain pass to get there. Beautiful views--high mountains and typical old, very old, villages. Got here to see a few things this morning & early afternoon. Then, stopped to visit with our friend's friend who owns a bar and then comped us our drinks and tapas. Went for a traditional dinner of salt cod and a fried egg. The sauce was made of paprika, olive oil, garlic and some of the fat from the cod (this was, for me, the least satisfying of all of our meals. It was preceded by lamb sweetbreads and razor clams! We had two bottles of a rosé and a bottle of water.

My body is starting to have problems with all of these acidic and fried foods that we have been eating. I know it may be a bit of an oxymoron, but I think we've been drinking too much wine and coffee and not eating enough of my favored veggies & fruits. Plus, it would be lovely not to still be eating at midnight! Also, it has been hot back at the apartment and I have not been sleeping well. We are at a hotel in León tonight. The AC is working beautifully! Ddeuddeg & I both crashed for an hour long siesta. We have another 40 minutes before we have to meet our friends. This is Pilar's home city. We'll see what tonight will bring.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cheron98 wrote:You're about 2000 miles closer than we are... I do not accept this excuse!

Only about 1100 miles, even if one were driving. I don't see a problem.

EDIT: Top of page, twice in a row. Is there some sort of victory dance I should be doing? I don't want to interfere with Sparky and oto's fun.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:Says the lady with 4 in a row, plus posts elsewhere! (Wootception and other threads)!

Difference being that i don't have all those images loading each time

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:????? Encourage me?? I've been cutting down on them, and TT has been adding them, and you think she's encouraging me???

She's trying to make you jealous of her new found super annoying emotikhans.

CT

ThunderThighs

Staff

cheron98 wrote:Difference being that i don't have all those images loading each time

I could fix that you know.