bahwm

quality posts: 59 Private Messages bahwm

Flight to LAX delayed by an hour due to weather in Denver.. ETA: 11:15 PM.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 69 Private Messages ddeuddeg

On the ground at LAX. Waiting to get to the terminal. Only 45 minutes late, so far.

Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. - Hester Browne
Filmmaker/winemaker Francis Ford Coppola says his two professions are almost the same and that each depends on source material and takes a lot of time to perfect.
The big difference: "Today's winemakers still worry about quality."

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

bahwm

Got to the hotel after using Uber for the first time! To bed VERY soon!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

javadrinker

quality posts: 6 Private Messages javadrinker
zTimothyBz wrote:Two spots left.

Never got around to reaching out to our other friends. This job is killing me! But we'll be there tonight!!!

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

wkdpanda

quality posts: 14 Private Messages wkdpanda

ITs day zero - should we post a pic with a pile of empty bottles?

----------------
Andy the Wicked Panda

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

It's probably a good idea to have some lunch. (Blood sugar levels, and all that.)

In the grand tradition of events here, the first guests to arrive may be asked to help with last-minute preparations.

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 236 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
wkdpanda wrote:ITs day zero - should we post a pic with a pile of empty bottles?

That's the day after!

x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

javadrinker

quality posts: 6 Private Messages javadrinker
zTimothyBz wrote:Looking forward to seeing everyone.

It's probably a good idea to have some lunch. (Blood sugar levels, and all that.)

In the grand tradition of events here, the first guests to arrive may be asked to help with last-minute preparations.

Well that takes Sparky off the prep list.

Zing.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

klezman

quality posts: 178 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:And clearly don't get up when it gets light.

We've done some late ones at Tigers', well, Klez' too.
Guess I just keep more of a sol schedule.

Well, there is a new Din Tai Fung in Torrance. And if you get in line from an app you don't even need to wait for ages and ages physically in line.

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

klezman

ddeuddeg wrote:On the ground at LAX. Waiting to get to the terminal. Only 45 minutes late, so far.

I was out with coworkers eating ramen at that time last night. Probably not the best choice, but c'est la vie. We also escape roomed successfully!

klezman

javadrinker wrote:Well that takes Sparky off the prep list.

Zing.

Nice!
For some that's a disincentive to show early...for me it's often an incentive. We'll be carpooling, planned arrival for ~2:30.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 69 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Zing.

Roger that!

Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. - Hester Browne
Filmmaker/winemaker Francis Ford Coppola says his two professions are almost the same and that each depends on source material and takes a lot of time to perfect.
The big difference: "Today's winemakers still worry about quality."

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

klezman

Amazing afternoon and evening!
Huge thank you to Tim for his organisational skills, Cathy who came down to take us through 27 vintages, and everybody else who helped, especially Tim's +1.

rjquillin

quality posts: 289 Private Messages rjquillin

Cathy, and most of her 27 children...

along with her beneficiaries.

... and if I wasn't so busy eating and drinking, there would have been some food pics as well.

A huge thanks to Tim and crew for a stellar job of hosting!

CT

zTimothyBz

Sparky (along with RJ and awl85) did stick around after the end to help with clean up.

There is also the matter of Sparky's Midnight Wine-note Service. I suppose it created a different threesome, since Peter Wellington wasn't around...

Um... Hey... Let's talk about the weather.

Cathy had sent me this link as a compilation of weather information in Napa. It starts in 1990.

awl85

quality posts: 8 Private Messages awl85
rjquillin wrote:
Cathy, and most of her 27 children...

Great snapshot!

Post-tasting Panorama(note the progression of bottle changes!):

bahwm

Just made the flight to BUF in Vegas. Flight out of LAX late. Leaving in a few. 😄

zTimothyBz

awl85 wrote:Post-tasting Panorama(note the progression of bottle changes!):

Neat panorama - I am so snagging it. Thanks awl.

bahwm

bahwm wrote:Just made the flight to BUF in Vegas. Flight out of LAX late. Leaving in a few. 😄

Four flights this weekend. Every one of them arrived late. Oh, well. It was definitely worth it! A once in a lifetime experience! Special thanks to Tim for coming up with this idea and putting forth all of the effort to make for a beautiful event. Special thanks to Cathy for being there and sharing so much with us: her talents and her wisdom.

Oh, and we finally arrived chez nous by about 12:40 AM Buffalo time. The alarm will be going off at 6:00 AM! Good night all.

MarkDaSpark

Zing.

I was still there before you!

x20             
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

arianakalff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arianakalff

Guest Blogger

WineDavid asked that I share the Grape Debater survey with you all: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XSPBBSK.

zTimothyBz

bahwm wrote:Special thanks to Tim for coming up with this idea and putting forth all of the effort to make for a beautiful event. Special thanks to Cathy for being there and sharing so much with us: her talents and her wisdom.

Hey I gots wizdoms, toooo! Well, I had a factoid that Cathy wasn't aware of, yet. And that is: In Jancis Robinson's "The 24-hour Wine Expert,"Corison is in the list "Bottles to knock socks off."

And thank you for the special thanks.

arianakalff wrote:WineDavid asked that I share the Grape Debater survey with you all: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XSPBBSK.

That looks to be a survey for joining the revamped lab rat program.

MarkDaSpark

zTimothyBz wrote:That looks to be a survey for joining the revamped lab rat program.

It is. A couple of wooters asked about joining.

x20             

Winedavid39

quality posts: 316 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Back in Sonoma and can't stop talking about the tasting with my crew.

So much fun! what a great crew to hang with and experience an absolutely amazing vertical journey.

Loved the idea of tasting 3 wines from different eras ( 80's, 90's, 2000 as an example).

Thanks again Tim and +1 for being great hosts and for welcoming Annie to the fray.

what a fondness if have for everyone of you.

let's do it again!