no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Really depressed. Did I tell you about my stubbed toes while I was in PA? Anyway, went to the podiatrist this morning. Hairline fracture in the joint of my little toe. In a boot for four to six weeks. Right foot. No driving. Not even sure I can get the effen thing on by myself.

sorry to hear that. you need to stop kicking small dogs and children.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
pooflady wrote:Really depressed. Did I tell you about my stubbed toes while I was in PA? Anyway, went to the podiatrist this morning. Hairline fracture in the joint of my little toe. In a boot for four to six weeks. Right foot. No driving. Not even sure I can get the effen thing on by myself.

Ugh, that's not fun. Hope for the best--hairline fractures are pesky.

Rainy day.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
no1 wrote:sorry to hear that. you need to stop kicking small dogs and children.

That's just about what I feel like doing now.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dougall

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dougall
pooflady wrote:That's just about what I feel like doing now.

I could offer a few useless adults for sacrifice..

no1

dougall wrote:I could offer a few useless adults for sacrifice..

watch your back, mavyn!

dougall

no1 wrote:watch your back, mavyn!

She has her uses.... I promise

Mavyn

dougall wrote:She has her uses.... I promise

Happy Hour Delivery Services!

edlada

quality posts: 5 Private Messages edlada

Not to second guess your Dr. since I am not one but I was an EMT and I worked in a big trauma center. That sounds like very conservative treatment for a hairline fracture of the little toe. We usually just buddy taped the toe to the next toe in a situation like that. You probably will feel better sooner (4 weeks) than later (6 weeks). Then again, you aren't a teen anymore, so...

I broke my toe next to the big toe in Hawaii many years ago (it was dark and I accidentally kicked a raised sidewalk really hard), I didn't bother going to the Dr., I knew what they would say, just buddy taped it for a week and all was good. I drove 1600 miles from PA to TX about 3 weeks later, no trouble at all. I was in my 30s then. We tend to heal less quickly as we age.

My dogs like me, that is important.

no1

edlada wrote:Not to second guess your Dr. since I am not one but I was an EMT and I worked in a big trauma center. That sounds like very conservative treatment for a hairline fracture of the little toe. We usually just buddy taped the toe to the next toe in a situation like that. You probably will feel better sooner (4 weeks) than later (6 weeks). Then again, you aren't a teen anymore, so...

pooflady wrote:Hairline fracture in the joint of my little toe.

http://www.medicinenet.com/broken_toe/page5.htm

Buddy taping

• If there is a minor or small fracture in a bone of one of the small toes, a doctor may only need to tape the injured toe to the one next to it for support. This treatment is called buddy taping.

Casting

• A cast is usually not required for a simple toe fracture. A hard-soled, sturdy, and supportive shoe or boot should be worn. A doctor may give the patient a special shoe to wear if the foot or toes are very swollen.
  • A cast (or surgery) may be needed if the big toe is broken, a fracture involves a joint, several small toe fractures occur at once, or if a bone in the foot or leg is broken in addition to the toe.

pooflady

no1 wrote:http://www.medicinenet.com/broken_toe/page5.htm

Buddy taping

• If there is a minor or small fracture in a bone of one of the small toes, a doctor may only need to tape the injured toe to the one next to it for support. This treatment is called buddy taping.

Casting

• A cast is usually not required for a simple toe fracture. A hard-soled, sturdy, and supportive shoe or boot should be worn. A doctor may give the patient a special shoe to wear if the foot or toes are very swollen.
  • A cast (or surgery) may be needed if the big toe is broken, a fracture involves a joint, several small toe fractures occur at once, or if a bone in the foot or leg is broken in addition to the toe.

According to the doc, it's in a bad place (he showed me and I nodded like I knew what he was talking about) in the joint. And he mentioned surgery.

no1

pooflady wrote:According to the doc, it's in a bad place (he showed me and I nodded like I knew what he was talking about) in the joint. And he mentioned surgery.

RUN AWA-

uh. never mind.

no1

pooflady wrote:According to the doc, it's in a bad place (he showed me and I nodded like I knew what he was talking about) in the joint. And he mentioned surgery.

i hope you at least got some nice drugs out of the deal.

pooflady

no1 wrote:i hope you at least got some nice drugs out of the deal.

Nothing. Wasn't yet hurting that bad, it was just that each day it hurt a little bit more.

hot72chev

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev
pooflady wrote:Nothing. Wasn't yet hurting that bad, it was just that each day it hurt a little bit more.

It's the pig that went wee-wee-wee, isn't it?

pooflady

hot72chev wrote:It's the pig that went wee-wee-wee, isn't it?

Yep, all the way home!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Apply all your magical powers to healing the bone so you don't need surgery.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Apply all your magical powers to healing the bone so you don't need surgery.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Wow, I broke my big toe and just had to stay off it. No boot. Nothing.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:http://www.medicinenet.com/broken_toe/page5.htm

Buddy taping

Casting

Joint. That may make the difference (may since I didn't read the entire post. My toe broke in a Y pattern.
Dropped son's bowling ball on it, as I took it off the sofa! Bowling ball on the sofa...wthef????
Cursed at all the basement dwellers.
Maybe they gave me crutches at the hospital er. Don't remember.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Today I saw many weird things.

The first was a roofer, up on a steep roof, playing with his cell phone.

Just thought it was a weird place to be paying that much attention to a cell phone.

The second I've mentioned once before, but I still find it really odd...
The DRIVE THRU atm has braille on it. Braille when you are driving a car. It isn't meant to be used by a passenger .

The third was a lady sitting at a table in a restaurant, took out one of those wood back scratchers and started scratching her back.
Really?
She was eating with someone. Why not ask them to scratch her back?

I think there was something else, but I can't remember.

See you tomorrow!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dougall

dontwantaname wrote:
The DRIVE THRU atm has braille on it. Braille when you are driving a car. It isn't meant to be used by a passenger .

I've seen plenty of Amish people in buggies behind horses in drive thru ATMs, that always struck me as strange

it'd be strange if the 2 were somehow related.

no1

dontwantaname wrote:Joint. That may make the difference

why does it not surprise me that you know all about joints?

no1

dontwantaname wrote:

unless you realise that passengers can sit in the back seat on the driver's side.

Mavyn

dontwantaname wrote:

It's sensible.

And, unrelated, teeny fish.

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

Oh man, that stinks.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

pooflady wrote:That's just about what I feel like doing now.

You'll certainly make a greater impact with that boot on!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

no1 wrote:RUN AWA-

uh. never mind.

lol

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

dontwantaname wrote:Joint. That may make the difference (may since I didn't read the entire post. My toe broke in a Y pattern.
Dropped son's bowling ball on it, as I took it off the sofa! Bowling ball on the sofa...wthef????
Cursed at all the basement dwellers.
Maybe they gave me crutches at the hospital er. Don't remember.

OW!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

dontwantaname wrote:Today I saw many weird things.

The first was a roofer, up on a steep roof, playing with his cell phone.

Just thought it was a weird place to be paying that much attention to a cell phone.

The third was a lady sitting at a table in a restaurant, took out one of those wood back scratchers and started scratching her back.
Really?
She was eating with someone. Why not ask them to scratch her back?

I think there was something else, but I can't remember.

See you tomorrow!

I thought we decided it was probably simpler to just manufacture the same interface for all ATMs no matter their intended purpose, or that it still left the possibility for someone to walk up to it. I'd probably personally back through the drivethru just for the heck of it so a passenger could use the machine.

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

dougall wrote:I've seen plenty of Amish people in buggies behind horses in drive thru ATMs, that always struck me as strange

it'd be strange if the 2 were somehow related.

When I was in PA I saw an Amish guy towing a trailer behind his buggy and on the trailer was an electric mobility scooter. I thought that was strange.

it'd be really strange if the 3 were somehow related.

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

no1 wrote:why does it not surprise me that you know all about joints?

hehe

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

no1 wrote:unless you realise that passengers can sit in the back seat on the driver's side.

I don't allow that.

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

Mavyn wrote:It's sensible.

Ah, so not necessarily cheaper.

Skye — 1997-2007

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jqubed wrote:I don't allow that.

Rusty will never drive with you. That is his spot.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:It's sensible.

Where? I think I see a tiny snail. Is this like where's Waldo?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jqubed

dontwantaname wrote:Rusty will never drive with you. That is his spot.

I also don't allow dogs to drive from the backseat.

Skye — 1997-2007

dougall

dontwantaname wrote:Where? I think I see a tiny snail. Is this like where's Waldo?

Down and left from the snail, center of the picture.

it's a brown catfish, sitting on wood.

I keep telling her to get something bigger and more interesting... like a swarm of cuttlefish.

(And she keeps telling me to go ahead, I just wish it were so easy)

Mavyn

dontwantaname wrote:Where? I think I see a tiny snail. Is this like where's Waldo?

The fish is pretty much dead-center of the picture. There's a 'v' formed by the leaves of the plant, fish is at the bottom of the v.

Yes, it looks like a bit of wood. With whiskers. And eyes.

Mavyn

dougall wrote:Down and left from the snail, center of the picture.

it's a brown catfish, sitting on wood.

I keep telling her to get something bigger and more interesting... like a swarm of cuttlefish.

(And she keeps telling me to go ahead, I just wish it were so easy)

I'm fairly certain that you wouldn't let me bring the swarm of cuttlefish to work.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Rusty will never drive with you. That is his spot.

When I was about 17, we got a dog and he went everywhere with my dad and I. The back seat was his. When we would go on trips, he'd be running side to side until we hit the highway then he'd zonk out asleep until we got off the highway.

One time, my brother and his wife came along on a trip to the grandparents. Fritz had to ship up front between me and my dad. He sat backwards staring at them for the entire trip.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders