dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:My grandmother was admitted to hospital this morning. She began having problems last night, but in her independence did not want to be taken to the ER last night. She will be in hospital in the next few days for tests, and observation, and whatever else. She is going in for an MRI tonight and speaking with physical therapists and speech therapists and all that. She has a weakness on her right side that they are observing and her blood pressure is high.

I'm leaving in a few hours to get ready to fly to the other side of the country for training and will only have intermittent internet over the next few days if at all.

Update (8:00pm Woot Standard Time): She is in ICU because of her high blood pressure, the shots have started to bring it down. She's mad she's there, she doesn't want anyone to know, so if you follow me on FB please don't post on my wall.



OK

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
KtCallista wrote:My grandmother was admitted to hospital this morning. She began having problems last night, but in her independence did not want to be taken to the ER last night. She will be in hospital in the next few days for tests, and observation, and whatever else. She is going in for an MRI tonight and speaking with physical therapists and speech therapists and all that. She has a weakness on her right side that they are observing and her blood pressure is high.

I'm leaving in a few hours to get ready to fly to the other side of the country for training and will only have intermittent internet over the next few days if at all.

Update (8:00pm Woot Standard Time): She is in ICU because of her high blood pressure, the shots have started to bring it down. She's mad she's there, she doesn't want anyone to know, so if you follow me on FB please don't post on my wall.



Praying for your grandmother and for your trip. Safe journey.

jenniferbreuer4


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenniferbreuer4

This is truly a beautiful thing to do.

GodfatherND wrote:I envision a message thread for prayer requests. You can ask for prayers for someone you know or even ask for yourself.

No replies are needed.

Just post a request if you need a prayer.

I would like a prayer for my wife's friend Wilma, whose husband died on Wednesday.

I would like a prayer for our friend Eileen who found out on Wednesday that she has uterine cancer. She's in good spirits so far.

Thanks in advance.



jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser

Requesting prayers for my dad, he starts 10 sessions of radiation Wednesday to shrink a tumor that is pressing on his esophogus and making it difficult to swallow.

Also requesting prayers for my Aunt Lorraine. Her cancer is back with a vengeance and her blood reports are so bad they can't treat her most weeks. She may die before dad the way she is going.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Update: I'm in my fourth time zone this week and the third time zone I've slept in in the last three nights. Instead of returning home from training I spent the night with a friend and returned to the airport to fly to my grandma. My sister and her husband bought the ticket, as I have just been sworn in as an Americorp VISTA and have limited funds.

My grandma is doing relatively well. She is off of the IV and blood thnners as well as the meds she was on to keep her crashing blood pressure up. She still can't use her right hand, but can put some pressure on her right leg. She has started feeding herself as well. She will be dealing with gout in one toe and her right hand is in a brace and very swollen. I will be helping the next two days before flying home briefly before my next training.

My Mom is not only nursing my grandma, her mother, but also my dad who still has two broken wrists from roller skating with my daughter a few weeks ago.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

KtC, prayers and good thoughts for your grandma, mom and you.

In the end only kindness matters

GodfatherND


quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND
KtCallista wrote:Update: I'm in my fourth time zone this week and the third time zone I've slept in in the last three nights. Instead of returning home from training I spent the night with a friend and returned to the airport to fly to my grandma. My sister and her husband bought the ticket, as I have just been sworn in as an Americorp VISTA and have limited funds.

My grandma is doing relatively well. She is off of the IV and blood thnners as well as the meds she was on to keep her crashing blood pressure up. She still can't use her right hand, but can put some pressure on her right leg. She has started feeding herself as well. She will be dealing with gout in one toe and her right hand is in a brace and very swollen. I will be helping the next two days before flying home briefly before my next training.

My Mom is not only nursing my grandma, her mother, but also my dad who still has two broken wrists from roller skating with my daughter a few weeks ago.



Praying for your entire family.

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
KtCallista wrote:Update: I'm in my fourth time zone this week and the third time zone I've slept in in the last three nights. Instead of returning home from training I spent the night with a friend and returned to the airport to fly to my grandma. My sister and her husband bought the ticket, as I have just been sworn in as an Americorp VISTA and have limited funds.

My grandma is doing relatively well. She is off of the IV and blood thnners as well as the meds she was on to keep her crashing blood pressure up. She still can't use her right hand, but can put some pressure on her right leg. She has started feeding herself as well. She will be dealing with gout in one toe and her right hand is in a brace and very swollen. I will be helping the next two days before flying home briefly before my next training.

My Mom is not only nursing my grandma, her mother, but also my dad who still has two broken wrists from roller skating with my daughter a few weeks ago.



Wow! Lots of stuff going on in your life and family. Praying for your grandmother to heal quickly, for strength for your mom as she cares for both her mom and her husband. Also praying for speedy recovery for your dad and for good rest for you. I never sleep well when doing the time zone shuffle.

msklzannie


quality posts: 4 Private Messages msklzannie

My friend Andrea has been battling cancer off and on for almost 15 years. She had breast cancer that went into remission. Her cancer came back as ovarian (I think) cancer which has spread to her bones, liver, and very tiny spots on her brain.

This morning my mom received an email from her mom stating that the doctors think Andrea only has days left. Her mom's request is that, barring a miracle, when the time comes they would not mourn "as those who have no hope."

Total woot orders: 189
Bag o.f Crap: 12/25/2010, 1/25/2011, 6/15/2011, 11/9/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/3012, 4/26/2012

GodfatherND


quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND
msklzannie wrote:My friend Andrea has been battling cancer off and on for almost 15 years. She had breast cancer that went into remission. Her cancer came back as ovarian (I think) cancer which has spread to her bones, liver, and very tiny spots on her brain.

This morning my mom received an email from her mom stating that the doctors think Andrea only has days left. Her mom's request is that, barring a miracle, when the time comes they would not mourn "as those who have no hope."



Praying for Andrea, her family, and your family.

msklzannie


quality posts: 4 Private Messages msklzannie
msklzannie wrote:My friend Andrea has been battling cancer off and on for almost 15 years. She had breast cancer that went into remission. Her cancer came back as ovarian (I think) cancer which has spread to her bones, liver, and very tiny spots on her brain.

This morning my mom received an email from her mom stating that the doctors think Andrea only has days left. Her mom's request is that, barring a miracle, when the time comes they would not mourn "as those who have no hope."



Update: Andrea passed away yesterday surrounded by family. Please continue to pray for her family. Her husband is also having to deal with his father who is battling cancer.

Total woot orders: 189
Bag o.f Crap: 12/25/2010, 1/25/2011, 6/15/2011, 11/9/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/3012, 4/26/2012

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
msklzannie wrote:Update: Andrea passed away yesterday surrounded by family. Please continue to pray for her family. Her husband is also having to deal with his father who is battling cancer.



Of course we will.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

msklzannie wrote:My friend Andrea has been battling cancer off and on for almost 15 years. She had breast cancer that went into remission. Her cancer came back as ovarian (I think) cancer which has spread to her bones, liver, and very tiny spots on her brain.

This morning my mom received an email from her mom stating that the doctors think Andrea only has days left. Her mom's request is that, barring a miracle, when the time comes they would not mourn "as those who have no hope."




Will add them to my prayers .

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
msklzannie wrote:Update: Andrea passed away yesterday surrounded by family. Please continue to pray for her family. Her husband is also having to deal with his father who is battling cancer.



just saw this. praying for the family.

hot72chev


quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev

My Grandma Helen passed away this morning. She had suffered from Alzheimer's for the past 5 years, and had really taken a down turn in the past weeks. She made a peaceful transition, and I am thankful that her ordeal is over and she has gone home.
Thanks in advance for your prayers.

No badges cluttering up this signature...no-sir-ee-bob.

GodfatherND


quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND
hot72chev wrote:My Grandma Helen passed away this morning. She had suffered from Alzheimer's for the past 5 years, and had really taken a down turn in the past weeks. She made a peaceful transition, and I am thankful that her ordeal is over and she has gone home.
Thanks in advance for your prayers.



Sorry to learn of your grandmother's passing. Prayers offered.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
hot72chev wrote:My Grandma Helen passed away this morning. She had suffered from Alzheimer's for the past 5 years, and had really taken a down turn in the past weeks. She made a peaceful transition, and I am thankful that her ordeal is over and she has gone home.
Thanks in advance for your prayers.



Certainly prayers are being said.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
hot72chev wrote:My Grandma Helen passed away this morning. She had suffered from Alzheimer's for the past 5 years, and had really taken a down turn in the past weeks. She made a peaceful transition, and I am thankful that her ordeal is over and she has gone home.
Thanks in advance for your prayers.



Sad to hear about your grandma. Praying for your family.

GodfatherND


quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND

Please say a prayer for a local friend who's husband has just been diagnosed with cancer.

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
GodfatherND wrote:Please say a prayer for a local friend who's husband has just been diagnosed with cancer.



Praying for all involved.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
hot72chev wrote:My Grandma Helen passed away this morning. She had suffered from Alzheimer's for the past 5 years, and had really taken a down turn in the past weeks. She made a peaceful transition, and I am thankful that her ordeal is over and she has gone home.
Thanks in advance for your prayers.



Sorry to hear about your Grandmother but glad that her passing was peaceful. Alzheimer's is a horrible disease. I will pray for you and your family.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

I'm praying for Ice and Mrs. Ice. I hope they are enjoying something wonderful, maybe a round the world cruise without interwebs!

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
joyner wrote:I'm praying for Ice and Mrs. Ice. I hope they are enjoying something wonderful, maybe a round the world cruise without interwebs!



Glad to hear Ice and Mrs Ice are okay, Just crazy busy. Will continue to pray.

I would appreciate prayers for me to get over this stuff. I'm starting the third week!

hot72chev


quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev

My 21 year old brother was just diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor. Just starting to navigate treatment options. Does not appear to be operable. Do not think cancer has spread at this point.
Thanks in advance for your prayers.

No badges cluttering up this signature...no-sir-ee-bob.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
hot72chev wrote:My 21 year old brother was just diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor. Just starting to navigate treatment options. Does not appear to be operable. Do not think cancer has spread at this point.
Thanks in advance for your prayers.



Thoughts and prayers for him.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

hot72chev wrote:My 21 year old brother was just diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor. Just starting to navigate treatment options. Does not appear to be operable. Do not think cancer has spread at this point.
Thanks in advance for your prayers.



Will do.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
hot72chev wrote:My 21 year old brother was just diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor. Just starting to navigate treatment options. Does not appear to be operable. Do not think cancer has spread at this point.
Thanks in advance for your prayers.



Just saw this. praying for your brother and your entire family.

GodfatherND


quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND
hot72chev wrote:My 21 year old brother was just diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor. Just starting to navigate treatment options. Does not appear to be operable. Do not think cancer has spread at this point.
Thanks in advance for your prayers.



Praying

hot72chev


quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev

Little bro started chemo today. His official diagnosis is "Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma."

Thanks to all my friends for your thoughts and prayers.

No badges cluttering up this signature...no-sir-ee-bob.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
hot72chev wrote:Little bro started chemo today. His official diagnosis is "Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma."

Thanks to all my friends for your thoughts and prayers.



We'll keep praying.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
hot72chev wrote:Little bro started chemo today. His official diagnosis is "Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma."

Thanks to all my friends for your thoughts and prayers.



Thanks for the update. Will continue to pray.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Might as well ask for prayers.
This isn't getting any better.
Thanks

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

hot72chev


quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev
dontwantaname wrote:Might as well ask for prayers.
This isn't getting any better.
Thanks


You got it. Remember you are never alone. We're all here for you.

No badges cluttering up this signature...no-sir-ee-bob.

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
dontwantaname wrote:Might as well ask for prayers.
This isn't getting any better.
Thanks



Praying for everyone involved.

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser

Please pray for my Aunt Wanda. Just received word a while ago that she was admitted to ICU due to fluid around heart and low oxygen levels. Also it appears she may have cancer in her abdomen lymph nodes.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
jawsuser wrote:Please pray for my Aunt Wanda. Just received word a while ago that she was admitted to ICU due to fluid around heart and low oxygen levels. Also it appears she may have cancer in her abdomen lymph nodes.



Will do.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

While my grandmother continues to do well, I was informed yesterday (Christmas) that my uncle who has had a number of medical procedures this year - was admitted to hospital for a stroke. I don't have many details, but I do know he went home today. If you could remember him and his wife in your prayers along with their children and grandchildren who do not live nearby to him any longer.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

CatCK


quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK
KtCallista wrote:While my grandmother continues to do well, I was informed yesterday (Christmas) that my uncle who has had a number of medical procedures this year - was admitted to hospital for a stroke. I don't have many details, but I do know he went home today. If you could remember him and his wife in your prayers along with their children and grandchildren who do not live nearby to him any longer.



Consider it done. My mom had a stroke about 15 years ago, so I can relate. Thinking of him and the family.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:While my grandmother continues to do well, I was informed yesterday (Christmas) that my uncle who has had a number of medical procedures this year - was admitted to hospital for a stroke. I don't have many details, but I do know he went home today. If you could remember him and his wife in your prayers along with their children and grandchildren who do not live nearby to him any longer.



Of course.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
KtCallista wrote:While my grandmother continues to do well, I was informed yesterday (Christmas) that my uncle who has had a number of medical procedures this year - was admitted to hospital for a stroke. I don't have many details, but I do know he went home today. If you could remember him and his wife in your prayers along with their children and grandchildren who do not live nearby to him any longer.


Praying for all involved.

Update on Aunt Wanda. She died last Friday and her funeral was Sunday. Please keep her family in your prayers also.