Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 37 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
lplady wrote:Oh yeah, right!

They'll assume you're hung like a horse. My bad.

~gigglesnorts~

Just got back from lunch with Ngo. So full x.x Looks like we both agree on one of two trails. Only problem is we haven't spoken with local friend all week x.x So we're not even sure if he's still in xp

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Broncos on Cowboys ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Took the kids to see How to Train your Dragon 2 during my long lunch. Realized that when I jumped out of the car and smashed my toes into the curb I broke one.

Damn hurts now.

In other news they ripped the carpet up on our floor today and that's made getting around even more fun. Looks like the new carpet is here though.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:Took the kids to see How to Train your Dragon 2 during my long lunch. Realized that when I jumped out of the car and smashed my toes into the curb I broke one.

Damn hurts now.

In other news they ripped the carpet up on our floor today and that's made getting around even more fun. Looks like the new carpet is here though.

>.< The Vers need to baby their mum, or at least spoil her a little bit. I know the pains of jamming, smashing, and breaking toes all too well. My second toe is longer than my big toe, and about the same length as my pinky finger. It's the same with my brother, dad, uncle, and grandfather.

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Broncos on Cowboys ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:>.< The Vers need to baby their mum, or at least spoil her a little bit. I know the pains of jamming, smashing, and breaking toes all too well. My second toe is longer than my big toe, and about the same length as my pinky finger. It's the same with my brother, dad, uncle, and grandfather.

Oh KT would be mortified if she were here!

(Mine too, although I have very long fingers, so I can't say my toes are that long).

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:Took the kids to see How to Train your Dragon 2 during my long lunch. Realized that when I jumped out of the car and smashed my toes into the curb I broke one.

Damn hurts now.

If it's fractured at a joint, you need a boot or you'll pay for it later with arthritis. If it's not in the joint, taping it to the next toe works.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:Oh KT would be mortified if she were here!

(Mine too, although I have very long fingers, so I can't say my toes are that long).

XD Yeah, we're not exactly short in fingers either. Ngo still says I have monkey toes. It's weird though, because I have this strange thing where I cannot stand my big toes going under my second toe x.x There's no physical reason it should hurt, but I still freak out whenever it feels like that's what's happening.

My uncle is the most interesting though. He has huge man hands with long slender fingers and toes to match. If there was ever a perfect example for monkey toes, I'd say it was him XD

LP

pooflady

Nitetigrezz wrote:XD Yeah, we're not exactly short in fingers either. Ngo still says I have monkey toes. It's weird though, because I have this strange thing where I cannot stand my big toes going under my second toe x.x There's no physical reason it should hurt, but I still freak out whenever it feels like that's what's happening.

My uncle is the most interesting though. He has huge man hands with long slender fingers and toes to match. If there was ever a perfect example for monkey toes, I'd say it was him XD

LP

Totally confused. How would your big toe go under your second toe? I have my second toe go over my big toe (yes, I know what I'm saying and it's different), but that hurts like hell. It's some kind of contracture.

Nitetigrezz

pooflady wrote:Totally confused. How would your big toe go under your second toe? I have my second toe go over my big toe (yes, I know what I'm saying and it's different), but that hurts like hell. It's some kind of contracture.

Think of it like crossing your fingers. I have better control over my big toe than my second toe, so it's easy for me to bend the big toe down and in a little. Like I said, long toes are long X3 So physically speaking there's no real reason it should hurt since I have the length and flexibility. But I still freak out >.<

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:If it's fractured at a joint, you need a boot or you'll pay for it later with arthritis. If it's not in the joint, taping it to the next toe works.

I'll mess with it when I get home and have a bag of ice. Being the small toe everything is near a joint. Grrr. I really don't have the money to have it x-rayed.

And yeah, I tape my toes often enough, unfortunately. I also own my own finger casts and plan to start 3D printing them when I need them in the future.

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:I'll mess with it when I get home and have a bag of ice. Being the small toe everything is near a joint. Grrr. I really don't have the money to have it x-rayed.

And yeah, I tape my toes often enough, unfortunately. I also own my own finger casts and plan to start 3D printing them when I need them in the future.

To be honest, I've never taped or booted my toes. I probably should have; my dad's suffering all sorts of problems from arthritis in his toes. It's a bit of a punch in the face to see just how much it can effect a person's life. Still, so far I'm so good.

Only finger fracture I had was my pinky in HS when I caught a football wrong. Had it taped to my ringer finger, but it was near Halloween and to celebrate I put fake blood on the gauze between the fingers. Didn't realize it would get so sticky, so unwrapped it and threw the gauze out. Never bothered to replace it, and to this day there's a very noticeable kink that aches in certain weather >.<

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:I'll mess with it when I get home and have a bag of ice. Being the small toe everything is near a joint. Grrr. I really don't have the money to have it x-rayed.

The little one needs stabilizing more than the others because there's a tendon that runs along the side of the foot to that toe and every time you take a step it moves the toe. At least that's what the podiatrist told me about a month ago. That was why a tall boot instead of a short one.

Nitetigrezz

Alright ladies, gents, and no1, this will probably be my last post until Monday. We're not leaving for backpacking until Ngo gets out of work at 2pm, but I have this weird thing where I kind of avoid the internet whenever I'm at home.

So until Monday, happy wooting!

pooflady

Nitetigrezz wrote:Alright ladies, gents, and no1, this will probably be my last post until Monday. We're not leaving for backpacking until Ngo gets out of work at 2pm, but I have this weird thing where I kind of avoid the internet whenever I'm at home.

So until Monday, happy wooting!

Have a good time.

pooflady

Okay, we can talk about her now.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Okay, we can talk about her now.

You start.

Weird thing of the day..
walking in the yard when I felt something under my bare foot. Soft and squishy. Felt ok, except it was dog poop!
I thought I checked the entire yard. Guess I missed a spot.

So now you know, stepping in math feels ok, but smells bad.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:You start.

Weird thing of the day..
walking in the yard when I felt something under my bare foot. Soft and squishy. Felt ok, except it was dog poop!

Ewwwwww

pooflady

Hard to believe but I'm going to have to close the window in my office because it's cold. In August.

moles1138

quality posts: 24 Private Messages moles1138
dontwantaname wrote:You start.

Weird thing of the day..

Not as bad as looking for it in the house and finding it with your bare foot. Wasn't where I thought it was.

pooflady

moles1138 wrote:Not as bad as looking for it in the house and finding it with your bare foot. Wasn't where I thought it was.

Double ewwwwwww

pooflady

Does anyone here have a rug on their deck? I asked questions on deals, but I know not everyone here goes there.

moles1138

quality posts: 24 Private Messages moles1138
pooflady wrote:Does anyone here have a rug on their deck? I asked questions on deals, but I know not everyone here goes there.

We're going to get one for the back porch. 7 x 9. Sam's club has one we like.

pooflady

moles1138 wrote:We're going to get one for the back porch. 7 x 9. Sam's club has one we like.

I hadn't thought of Sam's. Thanks. Did you check into like natural fibers versus, I don't know, I guess unnatural fibers? I keep wondering if it screws up the deck to lay there wet.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:I hadn't thought of Sam's. Thanks. Did you check into like natural fibers versus, I don't know, I guess unnatural fibers? I keep wondering if it screws up the deck to lay there wet.

If we'd built the garden patio out of pallets I was going to get a rug for it, but I don't think I would have been overly worried about water.

As for toe the joint feels ok. The tendon might explain the weird movement pain. Appears to be another tip fracture. Someday when archaeologists unearth my remains they will wonder why I'm missing the ends of all my toes and it will be because they'll have disintegrated.

dougall

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall

psssst...

Sleeping bags!

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

Good morning all!

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Hi folks

Nothing to say.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

moles1138 wrote:Not as bad as looking for it in the house and finding it with your bare foot. Wasn't where I thought it was.

Yes, poop in the house beats poop in the yard!

There were cat turds in the basement, out side the litter box.

The rat poop always fell out of the cage, but Rusty would clean that up every morning. He thought they were dog treats.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jqubed

dontwantaname wrote:Yes, poop in the house beats poop in the yard!

The rat poop always fell out of the cage, but Rusty would clean that up every morning. He thought they were dog treats.

Ew!

Skye — 1997-2007

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Yes, poop in the house beats poop in the yard!

And then give kissies!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jqubed

ThunderThighs wrote:And then give kissies!

A big reason I'm not a fan of dogs licking me; you never know where that tongue's been! Or maybe you do and you definitely don't want it!

Skye — 1997-2007

KtCallista

jqubed wrote:A big reason I'm not a fan of dogs licking me; you never know where that tongue's been! Or maybe you do and you definitely don't want it!

If you think about all the things dogs lick, it kind of makes you wonder when they lick people too, doesn't it?

jqubed

KtCallista wrote:If you think about all the things dogs lick, it kind of makes you wonder when they lick people too, doesn't it?

We taste like crap?

Skye — 1997-2007

KtCallista

jqubed wrote:We taste like crap?

I didn't say it!

dougall

KtCallista wrote:I didn't say it!

You didn't say you'd d jq either... but it's kind of been implied now ;)

KtCallista

They are installing carpet in the hall outside my door (the whole floor has been ripped up following the burst water pipe over 4th of July weekend). Yeah, not being very productive sitting here with my toe elevated.

dougall

oops, double post.

hot72chev

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev
pooflady wrote:Does anyone here have a rug on their deck? I asked questions on deals, but I know not everyone here goes there.

I had a little rubber welcome mat at the top of my deck stairs when the deck was new, so we wouldn't track mud from the yard to the deck. After a few months, I picked it up and the color of the deck underneath was different - like it was still new wood and the rest of the deck was changing color. I removed it and the new looking square eventually caught up to the rest. That's all I know. I know nothing about actual fabric rug use outdoors.

KtCallista

yay carpet guys are done!

jqubed

dougall wrote:You didn't say you'd d jq either... but it's kind of been implied now ;)

are you missing a few letters? I'm not following

Skye — 1997-2007

KtCallista

jqubed wrote:are you missing a few letters? I'm not following

Oh good, I thought it was just me.