Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 38 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
jqubed wrote:I have (not actually) been to Reno.

(Alternate Video (Alternate mix, too?))

This made me giggle way more than it should have >.>

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

Nitetigrezz

Edit: I lied x.x I keep eyeing that pop-up tent. We already have a solid tent, but this one seems like a great little light weight back-up that I can just tie to the outside of my backpack or something. It would be a bit of a tight fit for Ngo since he's 5'10, but I'd rather have something than nothing xp

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
KtCallista wrote:Wow, that sucks... Although it's probably a good sign that he doesn't want to work there!

Talked to my co-worker again today; she said the company did let him come in on Monday for an interview before he flew back out, and she said the interview apparently went well and they said they'd be in touch (although I don't think that's necessarily as indicative of success as she seemed to think; pretty standard response as far as I've seen).

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

dougall

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall
Nitetigrezz wrote:Edit: I lied x.x I keep eyeing that pop-up tent. We already have a solid tent, but this one seems like a great little light weight back-up that I can just tie to the outside of my backpack or something. It would be a bit of a tight fit for Ngo since he's 5'10, but I'd rather have something than nothing xp

Just buy it..!

some of us are too long to fit in one though

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
dougall wrote:Just buy it..!

We could fold you up a bit.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dougall

Mavyn wrote:We could fold you up a bit.

Like the bad poker hand I am?

Nitetigrezz

dougall wrote:Just buy it..!

Peer pressure made me cave >.< Camo one sold out just as I was clicking to check out, so I grabbed the red one. Figured that's not a bad thing though. If it's something that's needed for an emergency, you're probably going to want something easily seen.

I'm surprised Ngo hasn't threatened to break up with me by now x.x After this, I might have to let him change my pp pw so I can only buy things after talking wtih him about it xp

Mavyn

dougall wrote:Like the bad poker hand I am?

I was thinking like...ummm...a posh camp table.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
jqubed wrote:Talked to my co-worker again today; she said the company did let him come in on Monday for an interview before he flew back out, and she said the interview apparently went well and they said they'd be in touch (although I don't think that's necessarily as indicative of success as she seemed to think; pretty standard response as far as I've seen).

Oh well that's much more reasonable. Having ties to an area helps when you are moving from a distance.

That does seem the standard response in my experience.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:Peer pressure made me cave >.< Camo one sold out just as I was clicking to check out, so I grabbed the red one. Figured that's not a bad thing though. If it's something that's needed for an emergency, you're probably going to want something easily seen.

I'm surprised Ngo hasn't threatened to break up with me by now x.x After this, I might have to let him change my pp pw so I can only buy things after talking wtih him about it xp

There was a backpacking tent? Orc doesn't understand why I want one... I really miss backpacking and you need light weight gear if you are going to take good food!

dougall

Nitetigrezz wrote:Peer pressure made me cave >.< Camo one sold out just as I was clicking to check out, so I grabbed the red one. Figured that's not a bad thing though. If it's something that's needed for an emergency, you're probably going to want something easily seen.

You know that 5 mins after he changes the pw will be when the screaming monkeys appear. ;)

and now I want to buy more camping stuff for myself. Will likely limit that to some firewood tomorrow.

dougall

KtCallista wrote:There was a backpacking tent? Orc doesn't understand why I want one... I really miss backpacking and you need light weight gear if you are going to take good food!

Not really a true backpacking tent, but is still on kids, would work for backpacking when there was no chance of wind or rain I think.

KtCallista

dougall wrote:You know that 5 mins after he changes the pw will be when the screaming monkeys appear. ;)

and now I want to buy more camping stuff for myself. Will likely limit that to some firewood tomorrow.

Woot camp out!

Nitetigrezz

dougall wrote:You know that 5 mins after he changes the pw will be when the screaming monkeys appear. ;)

Oh I know v.v and he'll have no idea why I'll be beggin and pleadin, and by the time I'm able to explain it to him they'll be all sold out >.<

KtCallista wrote:There was a backpacking tent? Orc doesn't understand why I want one... I really miss backpacking and you need light weight gear if you are going to take good food!

Not a true backpacking one. More like a secondary, in case something happens to ours. I like it as a secondary mainly because it's so lightweight, so Ngo won't give me the look when I insist on packing it. It'll also be good in case we ever have friends who want to join us who don't have a tent of their own. As long as they're under six feet XD

KtCallista

dougall wrote:Not really a true backpacking tent, but is still on kids, would work for backpacking when there was no chance of wind or rain I think.

I've seen stranger things used

Actually, I've used stranger things. When I worked in the USFS we were heading out to trail and our gear was being mule packed. We went on ahead and were just going to "under the stars" until the mules arrived in the morning. One of the other girls and I decided to break for the night at the mule camp at the trail switch and made dinner as there was a table and firewood there. It started raining shortly after and we slept with the hole plagued tarp from the firewood barely covering the picnic table. The rest of our crew who went on ahead ended up sleeping on the trail in a patch of trees and getting soaked!

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:I've seen stranger things used

Edit: Oh wow XD Sounds like you two were the lucky ones! Tarps tend to be a great stand-by when you have them. If nothing else, you can usually use them as a quick lean-to if you have the cords for it. That's awesome you guys were able to stay fully dry with the table/tarp combo. Great one-two punch!

Mavyn

Nitetigrezz wrote: ...As long as they're under six feet XD

As opposed to six feet under? Do you camp with Nosferatu often?

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:>.> You know I've got to ask, right?

See above edit for one!

Lots of tarps and temporary structures. Lots of sleeping under the stars with the flannel as a mosquito mask. One class we were backpacking and used the horse manis for a roof and floor hung between four trees (about 12 of us slept together).

edit: wow, I know English, yes I do!

Nitetigrezz

Mavyn wrote:As opposed to six feet under? Do you camp with Nosferatu often?

All the time! XD

KtCallista wrote:See above edit for one!

Lots of tarps and temporary structures. Lots of sleeping under the stars with the flannel as a mosquito mask. One class we were backpacking and used the horse manis for a roof and floor hung between four trees (about 12 of us slept together).

Oh wow! o.o Sounds like you have a lot of camping under your belt. We never had to go that far XD That's awesome though.

jqubed

Nitetigrezz wrote:This made me giggle way more than it should have >.>

The first one was commissioned as a short film to demonstrate filmmaking for the small screens of cellphones (and this in the era when smartphones were still rare).

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

KtCallista wrote:See above edit for one!

A horse what?

Skye — 1997-2007

Nitetigrezz

jqubed wrote:The first one was commissioned as a short film to demonstrate filmmaking for the small screens of cellphones (and this in the era when smartphones were still rare).

Definitely a great demonstration. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to play the whole thing with the sound more than an inkling, but the video was very amusing XD

KtCallista

jqubed wrote:A horse what?

the cloth on the packs on the pack horses in the picture.

I had a lot of experience backpacking when I was single. I haven't been in ages.

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:
I had a lot of experience backpacking when I was single. I haven't been in ages.

We're just going to have to tie Orc and the vers up and toss 'em in some backpacks XD

Also I realized something while talking with Ngo last night. Though he and I have been hiking before, and camping before, we've never been backpacking before. So this should be a fun first for us to share.

jqubed

KtCallista wrote: the cloth on the packs on the pack horses in the picture.

I miss riding horses.

Skye — 1997-2007

dougall

KtCallista wrote:Woot camp out!

I suspect you could count us in, or at least me.

But I'd love to know where it would happen

Nitetigrezz

dougall wrote:I suspect you could count us in, or at least me.

But I'd love to know where it would happen

You could totally count Ngo and me in, especially if it's going to be in the Northwest XD

dougall

Nitetigrezz wrote:You could totally count Ngo and me in, especially if it's going to be in the Northwest XD

I'd better start shopping for smaller gear, especially if it's gonna be all the way on the left side of the country!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

did not know that. still cannot find manis in dictionary.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Nitetigrezz wrote:

Also, finally have it narrowed down to four trails for us to take. Personally debating between two of them, but I'll see what Ngo thinks when we have lunch together.

//warbling// Happy trails to you....

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady

KtC, around here it's called a manty. More than one, manties. Might be why no1 can't find it.

My woot dollar letter arrived. Little while ago I posted my letter in the puzzle thread. Seems the new puzzle has already been figured out. Oh well.

It appears to be a reverse crap to Woot. WE have to send them a box with things in it keeping it under ten pounds AND pay for shipping. Now how many companies can get customers to send them something for free and pay for shipping? Too funny, but I'm game.

Nitetigrezz

lplady wrote:My woot dollar letter arrived. Little while ago I posted my letter in the puzzle thread. Seems the new puzzle has already been figured out. Oh well.

It appears to be a reverse crap to Woot. WE have to send them a box with things in it keeping it under ten pounds AND pay for shipping. Now how many companies can get customers to send them something for free and pay for shipping? Too funny, but I'm game.

O.o I'm suddenly intrigued. I wonder if it might wind up being like a woot crap exchange. When they get your box, they might mail it to another wooter and send you j-random wooter's box.

Nitetigrezz

pooflady wrote://warbling// Happy trails to you....

Careful. I might record you and set your singing to a youtube video of slides from pictures we take on the trip XD

lplady

Nitetigrezz wrote:O.o I'm suddenly intrigued. I wonder if it might wind up being like a woot crap exchange. When they get your box, they might mail it to another wooter and send you j-random wooter's box.

As I'm reading back seems that's what people think is going to happen.

Edit: If I overnight cannolis or pretzels they may not reach another wooter before staff jumps on them. ;)

no1

lplady wrote:KtC, around here it's called a manty. More than one, manties. Might be why no1 can't find it.

men's panties? I'M IN!

lplady

no1 wrote:men's panties? I'M IN!

Actually depending on how you choose to put the manty on it could look like you were wearing a cloth diaper. lmao

no1

lplady wrote:Actually depending on how you choose to put the manty on it could look like you were wearing a cloth diaper. lmao

canvas cud b a bit skrachy.

lplady

no1 wrote:canvas cud b a bit skrachy.

Yes, but it's said not to mess with what appears to be a crazy person. Wearing a diaper in prison could have it's advantages.

no1

lplady wrote:Yes, but it's said not to mess with what appears to be a crazy person. Wearing a diaper in prison could have it's advantages.

somehow i don't think its gonna work to my advantage!

lplady

no1 wrote:somehow i don't think its gonna work to my advantage!

Oh yeah, right!

They'll assume you're hung like a horse. My bad.