tytiger58

quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58
zTimothyBz wrote:Now, now. Hot weather and lots of liquids to consume. You must consider my delicate sensitivities when I say this may not be the group of guys I want to see in a (self-generated) wet t-shirt contest. (I credit all the women with more sense.) I could go on, but it would lead me to a story about Castro Street.

Good point!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

PandaTamer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PandaTamer
zTimothyBz wrote:Now, now. Hot weather and lots of liquids to consume. You must consider my delicate sensitivities when I say this may not be the group of guys I want to see in a (self-generated) wet t-shirt contest. (I credit all the women with more sense.) I could go on, but it would lead me to a story about Castro Street.

....And to think I was debating which shoes could be packed in a carry-on for a weekend, cross country trip. You are now obligated to share the Castro Street story, in person. :-)

PandaTamer

Just a thought; Since we won't be departing the Left Coast until Monday morning, we're wondering who among this group might be available and enjoy getting together for a Sunday evening dinner? In my best southern drawl; Y'all let us know, right!

klezman

quality posts: 178 Private Messages klezman
PandaTamer wrote:Just a thought; Since we won't be departing the Left Coast until Monday morning, we're wondering who among this group might be available and enjoy getting together for a Sunday evening dinner? In my best southern drawl; Y'all let us know, right!

Tentatively in! With the little one, though, it'd be easiest if it was closer to home in Culver City/West LA.

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 236 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
PandaTamer wrote:Just a thought; Since we won't be departing the Left Coast until Monday morning, we're wondering who among this group might be available and enjoy getting together for a Sunday evening dinner? In my best southern drawl; Y'all let us know, right!

What are you hankering for?

Any of the previous restaurants mentioned?

A specific cuisine?

x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

x20             
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:Tentatively in! With the little one, though, it'd be easiest if it was closer to home in Culver City/West LA.

Long Beach (The Reef by Queen Mary)? (Sunset dinners by 5:30, view of downtown LB. Soup or salad, main course, drink, dessert, around $25.)

King's Hawaiian Bakery & Restaurant in Redondo Beach? (Has yummy bakery items.)

Tony P's in Marina Del Rey?

Or one of the C&O (Trattoria or Cucina) Restaurants in Marina Del Rey?

x20             

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
MarkDaSpark wrote:What are you hankering for?

A specific cuisine?

"What are you all hankering for?"

In other news, it's after midnight and we just finished washing all the glasses for the tasting. Hadn't opened and checked all the boxes and two glasses had broken at the stems. I think it is too late to do anything about them with Amazon.

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.

MarkDaSpark

zTimothyBz wrote:"What are you all hankering for?"

In other news, it's after midnight and we just finished washing all the glasses for the tasting. Hadn't opened and checked all the boxes and two glasses had broken at the stems. I think it is too late to do anything about them with Amazon.

Yup. They will probably refund for the 2 broken glasses, unless you send the whole box back.

And it's "Y'all".

Need any citronella candles? Sam's Club has some huge ones for $25, IIRC.

x20             

zTimothyBz

PandaTamer wrote:....And to think I was debating which shoes could be packed in a carry-on for a weekend, cross country trip. You are now obligated to share the Castro Street story, in person. :-)

That's a very important thing to debate!

MarkDaSpark wrote:Need any citronella candles? Sam's Club has some huge ones for $25, IIRC.

Since we are starting at 3, I'm hoping we will be done before the bugs come out.

rjquillin

quality posts: 290 Private Messages rjquillin
zTimothyBz wrote:You know, there might be a reason I didn't cite you as an example for fashion.

And a very wise choice that was too...

CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 69 Private Messages ddeuddeg
MarkDaSpark wrote:Except maybe as a fashion "don't"?

Pot --- kettle?

Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. - Hester Browne
Filmmaker/winemaker Francis Ford Coppola says his two professions are almost the same and that each depends on source material and takes a lot of time to perfect.
The big difference: "Today's winemakers still worry about quality."

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Pot --- kettle?

"I" don't look like the Unabomber!

x20             

javadrinker

quality posts: 6 Private Messages javadrinker
MarkDaSpark wrote:Long Beach (The Reef by Queen Mary)? (Sunset dinners by 5:30, view of downtown LB. Soup or salad, main course, drink, dessert, around $25.)

There's also Delius right in Long Beach (actually Signal Hill). Very wine friendly restaurant.

So is this event full or room for late additions? Might have a couple we know that might have an interest.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

klezman

MarkDaSpark wrote:Need any citronella candles? Sam's Club has some huge ones for $25, IIRC.

Citronella + wine tasting? No thank you!

klezman

MarkDaSpark wrote:Long Beach (The Reef by Queen Mary)? (Sunset dinners by 5:30, view of downtown LB. Soup or salad, main course, drink, dessert, around $25.)

Given the cost of Saturday's festivities, I'd prefer to not spend much additional $ this weekend. I also don't think we can take the baby out two nights in a row. molarchae and the kiddo are good with a group here on Sunday. Make it easy with some grilling or something simple like ordering from one of the nearby inexpensive places.

zTimothyBz

javadrinker wrote:So is this event full or room for late additions? Might have a couple we know that might have an interest.

Two spots left.

MarkDaSpark

x20             

MarkDaSpark

FYI, Beach Streets takes over the Eastside with their Beach Streets University route THIS SATURDAY from 11AM to 5PM.

That's right: streets throughout East Long Beach will be shut down to vehicles in order for bicyclists, walkers, strollers, runners, skaters, and pretty much anything else that is non-motorized to take over the streets.

Beach Streets

Shouldn't affect the 605 and by Tim, but be aware it could affect the 405 traffic.

x20             

PandaTamer

MarkDaSpark wrote:What are you hankering for?

A specific cuisine?

We're open to suggestions. Probably don't want to head too far out of the Long Beach area since we're not renting a car and will be using Uber. We discussed visiting the Queen Mary and taking a stroll on the beach. Food wise.....we'll go where the locals suggest. We're happy to try anything from an upscale steakhouse to a funky hole in the wall joint that serves great, local food!

bahwm

quality posts: 59 Private Messages bahwm

Attention Sparky and RJ: You two have been officially proclaimed the "Official Photographers" of this event. I am traveling light and will only have my phone.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

PandaTamer

bahwm wrote:Attention Sparky and RJ: You two have been officially proclaimed the "Official Photographers" of this event. I am traveling light and will only have my phone.

I just took two hours packing, trying to be practical; also considering that southern CA is overdue for an earthquake, I packed extra. On the other hand, Hubby said he'll take the extra five minutes we have tomorrow morning to throw things in a bag. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, I win!

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:"I" don't look like the Unabomber!

Remind me of "CharleyJesus"

Anyone up for a Sunday breakfast?

CT

PandaTamer

rjquillin wrote:Remind me of "CharleyJesus"

Anyone up for a Sunday breakfast?

Given enough recovery time from the previous evening...YES! Really looking forward to this trip and putting some faces to names.

MarkDaSpark

x20             

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:Attention Sparky and RJ: You two have been officially proclaimed the "Official Photographers" of this event. I am traveling light and will only have my phone.

Roger wilco!

Anyone that doesn't want their picture posted?

x20             

MarkDaSpark

PandaTamer wrote:Given enough recovery time from the previous evening...YES! Really looking forward to this trip and putting some faces to names.

Claim Jumper has a very nice Sunday Brunch that runs from 10am til 2pm for $21. Bottomless mimosas/Champagne only $4.

x20             

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:Claim Jumper has a very nice Sunday Brunch that runs from 10am til 2pm for $21. Bottomless mimosas/Champagne only $4.

Uh, oh! I just read "buttonless mimosas"!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:Yup. They will probably refund for the 2 broken glasses, unless you send the whole box back.

And it's "Y'all".

Need any citronella candles? Sam's Club has some huge ones for $25, IIRC.

Citronella candles at a wine tasting? Horrors!!!
EDIT: Oops! I see klez beat me to it.
It's been a busy week at school.

Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. - Hester Browne
Filmmaker/winemaker Francis Ford Coppola says his two professions are almost the same and that each depends on source material and takes a lot of time to perfect.

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:Roger wilco!

Anyone that doesn't want his picture posted?

IFTFY

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:

Shouldn't this be of an '87, for her first year?

CT

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:Claim Jumper has a very nice Sunday Brunch that runs from 10am til 2pm for $21. Bottomless mimosas/Champagne only $4.

Ten!?
Geeze, on my normal schedule I'd already be back in SD by then...

I'll have to see if I can sleep in (or out) a bit longer I guess.

CT

cortot20

quality posts: 297 Private Messages cortot20

I don't know about the rest of California but all the rain this year has caused just a massive increase in bugs! I hope tims neck of the woods is a bit better.

CT

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:IFTFY

No, you didn't do it properly for California!

It should have been: "Anyone that doesn't want nir picture posted?"

Cause you know, gender neutral!

x20             

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Citronella candles at a wine tasting? Horrors!!!
EDIT: Oops! I see klez beat me to it.
It's been a busy week at school.

Not having used them, I will defer to your ancient wisdom. I take it you know from personal experience during the Roman Empire?

x20             

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Shouldn't this be of an '87, for her first year?

Probably. But you're lucky I remembered to do the countdown!

rjquillin wrote:Ten!?
Geeze, on my normal schedule I'd already be back in SD by then...

I'll have to see if I can sleep in (or out) a bit longer I guess.

And we can go earlier to brunch than 10am, but they asked for recovery time, and not all of us go to bed when it gets dark!

x20             

bahwm

Boarding! 😜

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:Boarding! 😜

Yay!

x20             

PandaTamer

bahwm wrote:Boarding! 😜

We got in about an hour ago. Bodies are throughly confused....should be dark!

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:And we can go earlier to brunch than 10am, but they asked for recovery time, and not all of us go to bed when it gets dark!

And clearly don't get up when it gets light.

We've done some late ones at Tigers', well, Klez' too.
Guess I just keep more of a sol schedule.

CT