kkv123

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kkv123

It kills me to write this! The last two Tours have been the single most enjoyable, educational weeks of the last decade of my life. Period.

But at this late date my +1 cannot attend; the details come too late for us. For those of you with greater flexibility - GO! Do not hesitate!

When the list forms for the next Tour (if there is one), PLEASE PLACE ME ON IT!

RPM, thank you for your time and effort. As for me, declining stings like crazy!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 234 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
kkv123 wrote:It kills me to write this! The last two Tours have been the single most enjoyable, educational weeks of the last decade of my life. Period.

But at this late date my +1 cannot attend; the details come too late for us. For those of you with greater flexibility - GO! Do not hesitate!

When the list forms for the next Tour (if there is one), PLEASE PLACE ME ON IT!

RPM, thank you for your time and effort. As for me, declining stings like crazy!

BTW Joatmon, molarchae was on the 2014 tour. Hard for klez to propose at Corison without her!

x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 68 Private Messages ddeuddeg
molarchae wrote:Pick me! Pick me!

Molarchae
Klezman + 1
Merrill +2 (standing next to us at EPI)

Is this actually intended to mean Molarchae, Klezman, and Klezman + 1? Just curious, trying to imagine klezman being allowed to have a +1 so soon after the (then) engagement.

Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. - Hester Browne
Filmmaker/winemaker Francis Ford Coppola says his two professions are almost the same and that each depends on source material and takes a lot of time to perfect.
The big difference: "Today's winemakers still worry about quality."

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

klezman

quality posts: 174 Private Messages klezman
ddeuddeg wrote:Is this actually intended to mean Molarchae, Klezman, and Klezman + 1? Just curious, trying to imagine klezman being allowed to have a +1 so soon after the (then) engagement.

I think at the time it was intended to be a placeholder for my cousin. He recently did the master of wine course and in short order has become a collector. He said he'd be very interested

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

ddeuddeg

klezman wrote:I think at the time it was intended to be a placeholder for my cousin. He recently did the master of wine course and in short order has become a collector. He said he'd be very interested

Cool.

Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. - Hester Browne
Filmmaker/winemaker Francis Ford Coppola says his two professions are almost the same and that each depends on source material and takes a lot of time to perfect.

cjsiege

quality posts: 15 Private Messages cjsiege

Regrets from me. I cannot get time off from work during that period.

mwfielder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwfielder

Have we firmly set a time period?

zero, count 'em, zero quality posts...

jmdavidson

quality posts: 69 Private Messages jmdavidson
rpm wrote:The exact dates for the 2016 rpm Tour are still fluid, but we are currently aiming for the weeks of July 11-15th and 18-20th.

This is not firm enough to make reservations yet, but as you begin to look to firm up your 2016 plans, keep these weeks free if you think you're going to do the Tour. And, if you're on the list (especially if you're high on the list) and you already have conflicts that would preclude participation both weeks, please bow out and let someone else have a shot at making the Tour.

The size limit on the Tour is 35 - which to be honest is pushing it. It's hard for me to give everyone the personal attention they deserve with such a large group. If I had my druthers, I'd really prefer to keep it to 25, but we always seem to end up at 28-35 in the end no matter what.

We will post further when we know more.

Do you know any more yet?

tiger7610

quality posts: 20 Private Messages tiger7610

I will have to pass, not enough time or money

hershelk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages hershelk

Any idea if this is going to happen this year or not?

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 286 Private Messages chipgreen
hershelk wrote:Any idea if this is going to happen this year or not?

Considering that the tentative start date is just 7 weeks away with no information or replies to other recent inquiries asking the same thing, my guess is "not". Or at least not during the initially proposed time frame.

siwbm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages siwbm
chipgreen wrote:Considering that the tentative start date is just 7 weeks away with no information or replies to other recent inquiries asking the same thing, my guess is "not". Or at least not during the initially proposed time frame.

I fear you are right.

Last year Ron stepped up and took over the job of organization. Previously it was Woop that did the organization. As of now, I haven't heard of anybody volunteering. And I certainly do not have the cycles to do the job.

rpm

quality posts: 210 Private Messages rpm

All,
It's with great regret that I must reluctantly cancel the Tour for this year. For personal and family reasons - which I won't discuss, but nothing bad - I wasn't able to make it happen. You all deserve a great tour, not something cobbled together.

Current plan is to do the tour, essentially as outlined so far, in July 2017, with the exact dates to be determined.

If you want to be on the list, you will retain your place in the line.

I will commit that if it's not solid by the end of January 2017, I will cancel early.

rpm

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

JOATMON

quality posts: 20 Private Messages JOATMON
rpm wrote:All,
It's with great regret that I must reluctantly cancel the Tour for this year. For personal and family reasons - which I won't discuss, but nothing bad - I wasn't able to make it happen. You all deserve a great tour, not something cobbled together.

Current plan is to do the tour, essentially as outlined so far, in July 2017, with the exact dates to be determined.

I will commit that if it's not solid by the end of January 2017, I will cancel early.

rpm

Add-on note: I'm going to put the list back the way it was, by inserting the "regrets" people back where they were. In my opinion, it's not that fair to put them back at the end of the line.

If you know now that you will not be able to make the 2017 tour if it happens, please let us know.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

rpm

JOATMON wrote:Add-on note: I'm going to put the list back the way it was, by inserting the "regrets" people back where they were. In my opinion, it's not that fair to put them back at the end of the line.

If you know now that you will not be able to make the 2017 tour if it happens, please let us know.

I agree completely; I was going to ask if you could do that! Thank you!

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

jmdavidson

rpm

Thanks for trying to make it happen.

klezman

quality posts: 174 Private Messages klezman
jmdavidson wrote:Thanks for trying to make it happen.

+1
Might be a better chance that molarchae and I can make it in 2017 anyway...we shall see!

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

chipgreen

klezman wrote:+1
Might be a better chance that molarchae and I can make it in 2017 anyway...we shall see!

+2

txmusicman49

quality posts: 3 Private Messages txmusicman49
klezman wrote:+1

+3

tiger7610

quality posts: 20 Private Messages tiger7610

Even though I'm not a vet, I guess I will keep myself on the list, 2017 is going to be weird, since i will probably be moving for a job, but wont know the start time. will have to start saving money now, because the stupidly high Ithaca rent is eating at least half of my paycheck

hershelk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages hershelk

I was going to have to do some pretty fancy footwork to make it work this year. Next year should be easier. Sorry it is not going to happen, but it is probably all for the best. Looking forward to 2017. thanks for all the effort you put into it RPM.

CT

ddeuddeg

rpm wrote:...For personal and family reasons - ...but nothing bad...

Disappointed that the tour had to be cancelled, but glad to know it's nothing bad. We care about you, you know.

MarkDaSpark

JOATMON wrote:Add-on note: I'm going to put the list back the way it was, by inserting the "regrets" people back where they were. In my opinion, it's not that fair to put them back at the end of the line.

Thanks!

Go ahead and pull my #4 off the list for next year.

x20             
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

wkdpanda

quality posts: 14 Private Messages wkdpanda

We were wondering and thinking about 2017 at this point. You can put me and my +1 back on the list.

Thanks, and I hope life treats everyone well.

----------------
Andy the Wicked Panda

polarbear22

quality posts: 41 Private Messages polarbear22

Well, next year I will be retired, so easier to make it. But pretty far down the list.

RPM - Thanks for the effort, and commitment to 2017.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mommadeb1

rpm

Thanks for trying! I hope everything turns out ok.

Please put myself and my +1 back on the list!

chipgreen

Not a big deal but since we have reset the list, I'll just mention that my +1 was also along for the 2012 Newby tour.

morewine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages morewine

Could someone change my sdfreedive name to the morewine name? With the Amazon payment thing my wife and I use this account now. Poor paypal getting no love from the mothership.

If not I'll make sure to login to the other account as time gets closer.

ddeuddeg

morewine wrote:Could someone change my sdfreedive name to the morewine name? With the Amazon payment thing my wife and I use this account now. Poor paypal getting no love from the mothership.

If not I'll make sure to login to the other account as time gets closer.

Ask, and ye shall receive.
I only wish it worked that way with the tour. Not meaning to be snarky about it, merely lamenting.

ianchudson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ianchudson

Excited that 2017 is going to happen, was going to frown if something was shuffled together for 2016.

On that note, I am happy to assist in planning (well) ahead of time as needed.

mwfielder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwfielder

Just to be clear, I definitely want to be considered for 2017 including my +1

zero, count 'em, zero quality posts...

JOATMON

quality posts: 20 Private Messages JOATMON
mwfielder wrote:Just to be clear, I definitely want to be considered for 2017 including my +1

I got you at 81 and 82.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

ddeuddeg

rpm wrote:Current plan is to do the tour, essentially as outlined so far, in July 2017, with the exact dates to be determined.

rpm

We wait with bated breath.

cortot20

quality posts: 295 Private Messages cortot20

Go ahead and put us at the head of the list for the 2025 tour.

CT

jmdavidson

rpm

Does your silence at the end of January mean anything?

ddeuddeg

jmdavidson wrote:Does your silence at the end of January mean anything?

Maybe it means that nobody who has anything to do with a potential tour, if that potential actually exists, is even bothering to read this anymore.

jmdavidson

ddeuddeg wrote:Maybe it means that nobody who has anything to do with a potential tour, if that potential actually exists, is even bothering to read this anymore.

I was thinking about contacting wikileaks to get some info. What do you think?

rjquillin

quality posts: 287 Private Messages rjquillin
jmdavidson wrote:I was thinking about contacting wikileks to get some info. What do you think?

I wish I could contribute to some insider info, alas, I don't have any to leak.

CT

MarkDaSpark

I think one of the requirements was that RPM wanted to make a trip to Amador to see which wineries would work for the tour.

I'm not sure he was able to make that trip yet.

The first RPM Tour took place in 2008, for one of his reunions. So I imagine that this year might be postponed to 2018.

x20             

rpm

To end speculation, I have not been able to make it happen this year.

If there is still any interest, I will do everything I can to make it happen next year.

Sparky is right, I want very much to make an Amador trip that has not come together yet, in order to make the next tour truly new, unique and very much worth the wait, time and effort.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!