Who is j38kim on CT?

CT

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
rjquillin wrote:Who is j38kim on CT?

Me.

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:Mother and I knew exactly what we were talking about, this is a party line ya know.
For those that remember such a thing.

And here it never occurred to me anybody was talking about plain old honey.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

SoCal folks...impromptu gathering at my place in Culver City tomorrow afternoon/evening. I don't have everybody's email!

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20
klezman wrote:SoCal folks...impromptu gathering at my place in Culver City tomorrow afternoon/evening. I don't have everybody's email!

Would love to but after a really busy week I'm staying home tomorrow night.

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
klezman wrote:SoCal folks...impromptu gathering at my place in Culver City tomorrow afternoon/evening. I don't have everybody's email!

Dang it!! I knew I should have brought home a Harvest Moon LH Zin!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:And here it never occurred to me anybody was talking about plain old honey.

Well, you are Canadian, after all!

If it's not Beer, Hockey, Ice Wine, or Maple Syrup, it's not in your vocabulary.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman

MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, you are Canadian, after all!

If it's not Beer, Hockey, Ice Wine, or Maple Syrup, it's not in your vocabulary.

Beer to you, then, all covered in maple syrup hockey!

klezman

MarkDaSpark wrote:Dang it!! I knew I should have brought home a Harvest Moon LH Zin!

You've got plenty more to choose from...bring whatever you like!

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:You've got plenty more to choose from...bring whatever you like!

Not at home! I was just there today! (obviously, if you are on FB).

Granted, I did bring home a Pedroncelli Port.

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:Beer to you, then, all covered in maple syrup hockey!

I sense ThunderThighs might be using some new filters in the future!

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:Not at home! I was just there today! (obviously, if you are on FB).

Granted, I did bring home a Pedroncelli Port.

And from FB clearly we need to pay a visit to the locker, to pick up the VA and some other goodies you're no fessing up are there too, on the way to Klez'.

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:And from FB clearly we need to pay a visit to the locker, to pick up the VA and some other goodies you're no fessing up are there too, on the way to Klez'.

Study Yoda, too much we have.

These are not the wines you are looking for ...

And I think I might have picked up my BiL's cold. Got a tickle (since last night) in the back of my throat. Mega Vitamin-C it is!

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:Study Yoda, too much we have.

Ahem...
Actually, I believe I still have some wine for several winos (Kyle, RJ, ???). The Vino Noceto arrived!
Yes you do,
and the VA arrived some time ago...

CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:Study Yoda, too much we have.

And I think I might have picked up my BiL's cold. Got a tickle (since last night) in the back of my throat. Mega Vitamin-C it is!

for the cold..I like the emergen C immune support... when I feel a cold coming on, I take 2 packages at a time... seems to help..

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
bahwm wrote:We're having dinner tomorrow with Auntie Alice & our cousins. Cousin Peter has decided to make Jambalaya, of all things! What kind of wine should we bring? We're stumped. It probably won't be too hot since I don't think Auntie can handle hot any more--she's in her 80s! Thanks for your help!

Again, thanks for all the suggestions. We decided to go with a sampling: Pedroncelli Friends.white, 2007 Scott Harvey InZinerator and an Abita Turbodog. The Abita was by far the winner! Thank you InFrom for suggesting a local beer from Louisiana!

The Friends, a blend of Gewurztraminer, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc, just wasn't vigorous enough. The InZinerator didn't work with whatever flavoring Cousin Peter put in the Jambalaya. I suppose it could have been the glassware affecting the flavor of the wines, but we won't even discuss that! The Turbodog was just right. It had a sweet chocolate, toffee-like flavor which seemed to work best with the flavors in the food.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Ahem...
Actually, I believe I still have some wine for several winos (Kyle, RJ, ???). The Vino Noceto arrived!
Yes you do,
and the VA arrived some time ago...

VA? VA? Hmmm, nope, doesn't ring a bell.

bahwm

For those of you who are EVOO aficionados, I just opened up the Olio Nuovo that ddeuddeg purchased for his kids. The bottles seem to have some sort of sediment-like stuff in them--but it moves something like a jellyfish. I guess one could say that it is rather viscous. There is not a lot of it, but enough that it is noticeable. Would this be "normal" for an EVOO of this quality? I'm just not sure. And, I can't very well open them--presents and all.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

InFrom

quality posts: 32 Private Messages InFrom
bahwm wrote:For those of you who are EVOO aficionados, I just opened up the Olio Nuovo that ddeuddeg purchased for his kids. The bottles seem to have some sort of sediment-like stuff in them--but it moves something like a jellyfish. I guess one could say that it is rather viscous. There is not a lot of it, but enough that it is noticeable. Would this be "normal" for an EVOO of this quality? I'm just not sure. And, I can't very well open them--presents and all.

I dont know -- has the stuff been at room temp for quite a while? I sure hope it's suitable for gifting -- we plan to bring a bottle of the new oil to our friends' house tomorrow. Oh well, if the oil isn't a hit, perhaps the bubbly we'll bring will compensate. Not sure what we'll pick up, but we have some nice wine stores in the area.

Tonight with an assortment of leftovers we're very much enjoying a Pedroncelli Sangio. We also brought along a Noceto Sangio Riserva, which we'll save for a more fitting meal.

Glad the Abita worked out -- never tried that one. When we were in NOLA a few years ago I tried a strawberry brew of theirs, which wasn't half bad. Pretty light style, not sweet, and greatly enhanced by the ability to stroll through the Quarter, cup in hand. (I don't suppose you and your relatives were doing that in Buffalo last night?)

bahwm

Brandied Cranberry Sour Cream Cheesecake. Yum!

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Brandied Cranberry Sour Cream Cheesecake. Yum!

that sounds delish!!

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:For those of you who are EVOO aficionados, I just opened up the Olio Nuovo that ddeuddeg purchased for his kids. The bottles seem to have some sort of sediment-like stuff in them--but it moves something like a jellyfish. I guess one could say that it is rather viscous. There is not a lot of it, but enough that it is noticeable. Would this be "normal" for an EVOO of this quality? I'm just not sure. And, I can't very well open them--presents and all.

I've never run across it. The color should be a nice green, unless it's been infused. I've never had one with sediment, nor one that's acted like "jellyfish".

1) It should have been stored in a cool and dark place.

2) IIRC, it can be kept unopened for around 1.5 years, maybe a little longer.

3) It usually can go rancid after a long time, especially if not stored in a cool dark place. If you notice a stale smell, it's bad.

What does it smell like?

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:that sounds delish!!

If D-Dog made it, you can count on that!!

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
MarkDaSpark wrote:If D-Dog made it, you can count on that!!

Thanks.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:I've never run across it. The color should be a nice green, unless it's been infused. I've never had one with sediment, nor one that's acted like "jellyfish".

1) It should have been stored in a cool and dark place.

2) IIRC, it can be kept unopened for around 1.5 years, maybe a little longer.

3) It usually can go rancid after a long time, especially if not stored in a cool dark place. If you notice a stale smell, it's bad.

What does it smell like?

This is the order that just arrived within the past few days. It has been recently stored--on the cold delivery truck! Two bottles were somewhat congealed upon arrival per ddeuddeg. I do not know what they smell like--I haven't opened them--they are presents!! I guess we'll just have to ask the recipients to open them so that we can be sure they are OK--just in case they are not.

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:that sounds delish!!

Yeah, it was.

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Yeah, it was.

I hope that one day I will get to try one of the famous cheesecakes!!

klezman

bahwm wrote:This is the order that just arrived within the past few days. It has been recently stored--on the cold delivery truck! Two bottles were somewhat congealed upon arrival per ddeuddeg. I do not know what they smell like--I haven't opened them--they are presents!! I guess we'll just have to ask the recipients to open them so that we can be sure they are OK--just in case they are not.

Try warming them up a bit...olive oil in the cold can get viscous and even solidify. Not too warm, of course...just a nice toasty, say, 70-ish?

klezman

mommadeb1 wrote:I hope that one day I will get to try one of the famous cheesecakes!!

Ditto. Especially if there's a key lime version in there somewhere. That's molarchae's favourite...whereas I'm more of a ricotta cheesecake person than a NY cheesecake fan.

mommadeb1

klezman wrote:Ditto. Especially if there's a key lime version in there somewhere. That's molarchae's favourite...whereas I'm more of a ricotta cheesecake person than a NY cheesecake fan.

mmmm Key lime!! I do like the NY version better...

bahwm

klezman wrote:Try warming them up a bit...olive oil in the cold can get viscous and even solidify. Not too warm, of course...just a nice toasty, say, 70-ish?

I've seen it solidify when a package was delivered via USPS. However, this has been in the house for several days with temp about 68 degrees.

We had to cancel the grown kids coming over. bahwm seems to be a bit under the weather--nothing too serious, but she doesn't want to subject 12 people to it! She slept for about an hour and a half a feels a bit better. ddeuddeg thinks it's just total fatigue. Could be. Gathering rescheduled for two weeks. Grown kids are basically only all available Sunday evenings due to crazy work schedules!

bahwm

klezman wrote:Ditto. Especially if there's a key lime version in there somewhere. That's molarchae's favourite...whereas I'm more of a ricotta cheesecake person than a NY cheesecake fan.

There is a key lime version that is INCREDIBLE! Ricotta cheesecake, never even tried one. NY Cheesecake: highly over-rated.

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:mmmm Key lime!! I do like the NY version better...

Have you ever had a Key Lime Cheesecake? If not, how can a NY version be better?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bahwm wrote:Have you ever had a Key Lime Cheesecake? If not, how can a NY version be better?

FIGHT! FIGHT!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

Chargers!!!!!!

That's all.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

Is it white?

http://www.ehow.com/info_8005531_white-blobs-bottle-olive-oil.html

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

rjquillin

kylemittskus wrote:Chargers!!!!!!

That's all.

They tried their damnedest to loose that one.

CT

rjquillin

bhodilee wrote:Holy Crap Man! Where Do I Start?

Twist any caps yet, you've had the entire weekend now..

CT

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:Have you ever had a Key Lime Cheesecake? If not, how can a NY version be better?

Because it doesn't have Key Lime in it?

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:They tried their damnedest to loose that one.

They usually do.