bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra
North316 wrote:He means that he had his fed ex store listed as his shipping address, therefore USPS will be delivering there, rather than fed ex delivering there.

That's interesting. FedEx gives off to the local post office who then takes to the local FedEx office. This not only results in the packaged being tossed 1-2 more times, but will add an extra day for delivery.

Edit: Or maybe it starts out USPS from the beginning.

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
bolligra wrote:That's interesting. FedEx gives off to the local post office who then takes to the local FedEx office. This not only results in the packaged being tossed 1-2 more times, but will add an extra day for delivery.

Not only that, but sometimes FedEx won't accept deliveries from USPS.
BTW, requested daily reminder, if you haven't voted for John Urschel yet, it's not too late. Voting continues until 12/16.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
polarbear22 wrote:Any of you Scotch drinkers try Monkey Shoulder yet? Blend of three Speyside malts, at a very reasonable price. I am pleased.

I'll hunt some down. I actually need scotch.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cortot20

quality posts: 162 Private Messages cortot20

16 month old son just pooped in the tub. So not cool.

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
North316 wrote:He means that he had his fed ex store listed as his shipping address, therefore USPS will be delivering there, rather than fed ex delivering there.

Yes, FedEx is my default address. But we do have to sometimes deal with "SmartPost"; FedEx -> USPS for final delivery. Got a new twist on that, UPS -> USPS for final delivery for something now in transit.

For this gift week shipping is a real crap shoot, and a comment in the listing suggesting how items will ship would go a ~long~ way to alleviate anxiety, possible missed deliveries, or, horrors, a refused delivery.
My FedEx office is very good about these outliers, but this week is really pushing it.

CT

cortot20

rjquillin wrote:Yes, FedEx is my default address. But we do have to sometimes deal with "SmartPost"; FedEx -> USPS for final delivery. Got a new twist on that, UPS -> USPS for final delivery for something now in transit.

For this gift week shipping is a real crap shoot, and a comment in the listing suggesting how items will ship would go a ~long~ way to alleviate anxiety, possible missed deliveries, or, horrors, a refused delivery.
My FedEx office is very good about these outliers, but this week is really pushing it.

To keep it simple. A simple rule must be followed. Do not combine wine with non wine items in a single purchase. Wine only orders go to the fedex office and all non wine orders go to my house .

CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
chemvictim wrote:It has been a long time. Maybe we should take up a collection.

I'm in!

rjquillin

cortot20 wrote:To keep it simple. A simple rule must be followed. Do not combine wine with non wine items in a single purchase. Wine only orders go to the fedex office and all non wine orders go to my house .

Creminelli however did come FedEx, and I think we gnawed our way pretty much a stick of Boar @klez's while waiting on the hot stuff to overflow, which it didn't.

CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
cortot20 wrote:16 month old son just pooped in the tub. So not cool.

sorry.. I don't know why...but this made me laugh! maybe it's the mom in me... and glad mine are almost 16 and 14!!

rjquillin

polarbear22 wrote:I'm in.

Given an address, I've got some momokawa I could even donate. I think I even asked him once..

CT

rjquillin

mommadeb1 wrote:sorry.. I don't know why...but this made me laugh! maybe it's the mom in me... and glad mine are almost 16 and 14!!

and I immediately wondered floaters or stew

CT

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm
rjquillin wrote:Yes, FedEx is my default address. But we do have to sometimes deal with "SmartPost"; FedEx -> USPS for final delivery. Got a new twist on that, UPS -> USPS for final delivery for something now in transit.

I ordered a bunch of things one day and they are coming from all over. I'm still waiting for the 1869 and a few other items from Black Friday, I think. I decided to have everything sent to the house and hopefully, change delivery for the 1869. Of course, that will only work if shipping info is provided in a timely manner.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

karenhynes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages karenhynes
polarbear22 wrote:Any of you Scotch drinkers try Monkey Shoulder yet? Blend of three Speyside malts, at a very reasonable price. I am pleased.

Monkey Shoulder is quite good...and the bottle has monkeys...on the shoulder. It is, indeed, very reasonably priced.

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
rjquillin wrote:Given an address, I've got some momokawa I could even donate. I think I even asked him once..

I think I have his address lying around here somewhere...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

chemvictim

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chemvictim
cheron98 wrote:I think I have his address lying around here somewhere...

Great! I hear he really wants someone to ship an ocarina to his house.

cortot20

rjquillin wrote:and I immediately wondered floaters or stew

A nice mix.

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
cortot20 wrote:A nice mix.

poop drop soup