mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
klezman wrote:Yeah, and the 2002-2004, iirc. All delicious. I wonder what sort of deals El Jefe will be giving us at the wootception, too...

that is another thing I am trying to figure if El Jefe deals are going to be worth my wait... or will I regret not getting this today?

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
tiger7610 wrote:Does anyone want to split the offer? I only need a couple bottles of viognier. I'm in upstate NY

I'm in Hudson Valley if you want to...

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
mommadeb1 wrote:that is another thing I am trying to figure if El Jefe deals are going to be worth my wait... or will I regret not getting this today?

It is likely that any deals he does will not beat the Woot deals. Even when we were on the RPM tours, deals the wineries gave us never beat any deals that we had previously gotten on woot. So if you want the Viognier, I would say get it now through here. And then get other stuff while at the wootception.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

mommadeb1

HitAnyKey42 wrote:It is likely that any deals he does will not beat the Woot deals. Even when we were on the RPM tours, deals the wineries gave us never beat any deals that we had previously gotten on woot. So if you want the Viognier, I would say get it now through here. And then get other stuff while at the wootception.

thanks... maybe I will convince my mom she wants some of this!

mommadeb1

I did it... convinced mom she wanted some... yea me!!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Dagnabit! Just missed again!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Dagnabit! Just missed again!

missed what?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
mommadeb1 wrote:missed what?

A Bricks of Chocolate

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mommadeb1

kylemittskus wrote:A Bricks of Chocolate

I figured as much

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610
Itwdswafo wrote:I'm in Hudson Valley if you want to...

Might be a little bit tough. I'm in Ithaca, so I'm at least 3 hours away?

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman

I'll happily take a couple bottles of the TO Viognier at the woot price off somebody's hands. No way I could justify the whole set right now.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:I'll happily take a couple bottles of the TO Viognier at the woot price off somebody's hands. No way I could justify the whole set right now.

Likely I could accommodate, if you don't let me forget or lose track of it first...

CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cheron98 wrote:I'm going with no shame. Plus he's giving us excuses to promote the Wootception in the main thread. Cuz there will be awesomeness happening.

Darling Cat,
Being with you to celebrate your marriage to HAK (on both coasts) is awesomeness enough. Everything else is a bonus.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

So any bourbon drinkers here? Hubby's best friend is getting married and he's a bourbon drinker. Thought a bottle of good bourbon (~$100) is a good night before the wedding present. Any recommendations? He got into bourbon while attending school at William and Mary. Thanks.

tiger7610

CAGrl wrote:So any bourbon drinkers here? Hubby's best friend is getting married and he's a bourbon drinker. Thought a bottle of good bourbon (~$100) is a good night before the wedding present. Any recommendations? He got into bourbon while attending school at William and Mary. Thanks.

I will ask my friends who recently went bourbon trail in KY. Bourbon cream (much more delicious than baileys and not as sweet) though is amazing, but might not be something you get for a guy

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
tiger7610 wrote:I will ask my friends who recently went bourbon trail in KY. Bourbon cream (much more delicious than baileys and not as sweet) though is amazing, but might not be something you get for a guy

Maybe for myself though.

tiger7610

CAGrl wrote:Maybe for myself though.

That stuff is amazing, I got to see if they have it locally, since I'm not making it up to KY anytime soon

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20

Good news! If any of you missed sharknado on syfy last Thursday there is an encore this Thursday. I only saw the first 1/2 and need to see the rest.

CT

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

For Bourbon, check out this top 10 list.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22

CAGrl wrote:So any bourbon drinkers here? Hubby's best friend is getting married and he's a bourbon drinker. Thought a bottle of good bourbon (~$100) is a good night before the wedding present. Any recommendations? He got into bourbon while attending school at William and Mary. Thanks.

Posted a list above.. Not $100, but Angels Envy is a favorite. And for rye look for Whistle Pig from Vermont. About $70.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
polarbear22 wrote:For Bourbon, check out this top 10 list.

Pretty reasonably priced, most of them. Bit of a surprise. Better keep it quiet, or it'll go the way of Scotch prices.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman

Take the short drive up to Beltramo's on El Camino in Atherton. They've got the bourbon you're looking for - if you want to get the guy something he's never had, they also pick their own casks of both bourbon and Scotch and bottle it themselves. Talk to the whiskey guy there and you'll be set.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

polarbear22

Scottish Open seems to call for Scotch. Is it too early?

My Cellar

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 19 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
polarbear22 wrote:Scottish Open seems to call for Scotch. Is it too early?

Most of the die-hard Scotch drinkers I know wouldn't even understand the concept of "too early".

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 19 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
polarbear22 wrote:Scottish Open seems to call for Scotch. Is it too early?

With Lefty on top, my dad (a big Lefty fan and a Scotch man in heritage AND in choice of quaff) will most certainly be joining you in that pursuit today!

polarbear22

Had a Scottish beer, Ola Dubh Ale that is finished in Highland Park whiskey barrels. Wonderful brew.

My Cellar