mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

well, they want jurors 1-500 tomorrow morning.... I'm # 482..... so much for my plans for tomorrow!!

chipgreen

quality posts: 188 Private Messages chipgreen
cortot20 wrote:As a guy who is terrible at building things from scratch but follows directions very well, the prefab seemed like a good option since it seemed well thought out. Never again. No part of it was easy and in some cases a single threaded rivet being off center caused an immense amount of extra time trying to make it work. Next time I put up the cash and have one built.

Well it's done now so hopefully you get some good use from it! You don't necessarily need to choose between a kit and having someone else do it. There are lots of books with deck/patio/gazebo plans that include materials lists so you can basically put together your own kit while getting to select your own materials and cut everything to size to make things fit yourself.

For that matter, if you ask at your local lumber store they might create a custom design/materials list for you free of charge in hopes of selling you the lumber to build it.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

hello people!

some interesting data

http://www.winecurmudgeon.com/my_weblog/six-things-you-probably-dont-know-about-wine.html

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
richardhod wrote:hello people!

some interesting data

http://www.winecurmudgeon.com/my_weblog/six-things-you-probably-dont-know-about-wine.html

A survey of WW'ers would likely blow those averages off the map, at least for a few of us.

CT

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
mommadeb1 wrote:well, they want jurors 1-500 tomorrow morning.... I'm # 482..... so much for my plans for tomorrow!!

Good luck with that. My guess is that you will not see the inside of a courtroom tomorrow. Bring a good book!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:Good luck with that. My guess is that you will not see the inside of a courtroom tomorrow. Bring a good book!

as much as I loved Federal jury duty, I really want to be at the farewell luncheon for one of our teachers who has to go to a different school..due to budget cuts.....one of the reasons to be excused is having served jury duty within the last year.... so maybe my federal duty in Aug. will be my way out!!

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
polarbear22 wrote:Gonna be a tough day, but at least the rain from the remnants of the tropical storm let up.

The centerpiece for tonight's celebration is a 3L bottle of Scott Harvey Zinfandel, which ddeuddeg helped me procure. My daughter's favorite wine. Whereever you are tonight, raise a glass and remember a life lived fully and happily.

As LW mentioned, we had a Shakespeare fund-raiser last night, then a trip to one of the local night spots to hear a band featuring a former priest from our neighborhood. Definitely a beer place, would've been beaten up and thrown out on the street for opening a bottle of wine.
Made up for it tonight with a bottle of SH Mountain Selection Zin. Thinking about you and yours every day.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

Help! I'm stuck on a smartphone and can't do the weekly round-up!

Would someone please go over to the Gatherings tab and do an update? Thank you so much!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cjsiege wrote:Help! I'm stuck on a smartphone and can't do the weekly round-up!

Would someone please go over to the Gatherings tab and do an update? Thank you so much!

Oh fine! Grumble, grumble ... I have to do everything! Start the Pub, update the Gatherings list when CJ is out, create the first post when Cesare is out. Next thing you know, WD is gonna start having me pack my own wine!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:Oh fine! Grumble, grumble ... I have to do everything! Start the Pub, update the Gatherings list when CJ is out, create the first post when Cesare is out. Next thing you know, WD is gonna start having me pack my own wine!!!

and don't forget you're working for Peter now as well.

When do you find time to drink your wine?
Oh yeah...

CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
cortot20 wrote:As a guy who is terrible at building things from scratch but follows directions very well, the prefab seemed like a good option since it seemed well thought out. Never again. No part of it was easy and in some cases a single threaded rivet being off center caused an immense amount of extra time trying to make it work. Next time I put up the cash and have one built.

this is exactly the logic of my kitchen. CAN I put down laminate floor? yes. CAN I hang cabinets? yes. Would it take me forever and probably not turn out ideal and involve much cursing and a possible divorce? yes. Therefore, we called the guy that did our windows, because he's awesome, and yes, yes he does that kinda stuff as well. He came over and is working up a quote. Chances are high he gets the job regardless. He's one of those "craftsman" types that considers himself more artist than carpenter. If I ever bought an old home that I wanted to restore, he'd be the only guy I called.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)