bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr

Got to ask them if they are sweet or savory pies. Can't really go wrong with bubbly and belini/mimosa variations.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mommadeb1
bud8jr wrote:Got to ask them if they are sweet or savory pies. Can't really go wrong with bubbly and belini/mimosa variations.

Thanks...I'm trying not to ask.

bahwm

quality posts: 59 Private Messages bahwm
mommadeb1 wrote:Thanks...I'm trying not to ask.

I don't see asking as a problem. "What kind of pies are you thinking of so that I can figure out an appropriate wine?"

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

chipgreen

quality posts: 286 Private Messages chipgreen

Cherry pie and Wellington Merlot. Boom, done!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 236 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mommadeb1 wrote:Thanks...I'm trying not to ask.

You really need to ask ... different pies pair with different wines!

x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Even better ...

Your guide to pairing wine with holiday pies

Edit: The page also has a link to their Halloween Candy Wine guide! (For those that raid their kids candy stash.)

x20             
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area.
New list in the Gatherings tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All the news for the week of Mar 26!

Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!

April
4/29: SoCal Special Event: 27-Year Corison Vertical Tasting

July 2018
Mid-July:2018 RPM Tour Planning

Pending
TBD: NoVA/DC #??: Mystery Case Demystified
TBD: Atlanta #1: Looking for Wooters in the ATL!
TBD: Napa/Sonoma Weekend, Mourning the demise of DnD
TBD: NYC #21: Trying to kickstart the team Not to be confused with the NYC #21 below.
TBD: Seattle Area (Woodinville) Get Together
TBD: SoCal #3?: San Diego/Lakeside
TBD: NYC #21: A Syrah Grows in Brooklyn
TBD: Trip to Taldeschi, Hawley & Handal
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

x20             

otolith

quality posts: 26 Private Messages otolith
zTimothyBz wrote:Posted an update in the SoCal Corison tasting thread. It's a time for decision!

So, tenuki, bahwm, ddeuddeg, otolith will we have your company?

As much as we would love to make this, it unfortunately can't happen.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

bahwm

zTimothyBz wrote:Posted an update in the SoCal Corison tasting thread. It's a time for decision!

So, tenuki, bahwm, ddeuddeg, otolith will we have your company?

I'm afraid that we're going to have to send our regrets also. Have an amazing time! Send our regards to Cathy!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

Wellington reds or mixed half cases are up. Each includes a Victory. I decided to gift myself one of each for my birthday! They should arrive by then.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 69 Private Messages ddeuddeg
bahwm wrote:Wellington reds or mixed half cases are up. Each includes a Victory. I decided to gift myself one of each for my birthday! They should arrive by then.

Excellent! I don't have to go birthday shopping!

Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. - Hester Browne
Filmmaker/winemaker Francis Ford Coppola says his two professions are almost the same and that each depends on source material and takes a lot of time to perfect.
The big difference: "Today's winemakers still worry about quality."

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

InFrom

quality posts: 48 Private Messages InFrom
ddeuddeg wrote:Excellent! I don't have to go birthday shopping!

Ha! Good luck with that! Please report back

mommadeb1

Hmmm... don't think that will work... unless you cook her one of your famous meals?

mommadeb1

It is so hard to come back to work after having Spring Break off! Today was day 2 back, I had a hard time getting up.

Now we are looking into colleges for our son. He wants to be a Mechanical Engineer.

So far on the list to go look at: MIT, Georgia Tech, Perdue, University of Illinois, Michigan, Florida. Any other suggestions?

Cesare

quality posts: 2395 Private Messages Cesare
mommadeb1 wrote:It is so hard to come back to work after having Spring Break off! Today was day 2 back, I had a hard time getting up.

Now we are looking into colleges for our son. He wants to be a Mechanical Engineer.

So far on the list to go look at: MIT, Georgia Tech, Perdue, University of Illinois, Michigan, Florida. Any other suggestions?

RPI

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

bahwm

Yeah, right! Not!

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:It is so hard to come back to work after having Spring Break off! Today was day 2 back, I had a hard time getting up.:snip:

I've been home sick for the past two days: started last week with being really tired at the end of the school day. Came home and slept for two or three hours. Really nasty cough started up Saturday and Sunday. Took off Monday. Slept quite a bit. Thought I'd go back today, but late Monday evening nasty sneezing, running nose and coughing started up. Decided to stay home today. Feeling better. Cough comes and goes, but no where near as bad as it had been! Planning on going in tomorrow. We have 25 minute classes due to the ELA Assessment. I have a reduced schedule of duty for that--3-ten minute relief duties.

klezman

quality posts: 178 Private Messages klezman
Cesare wrote:RPI

But then you gotta live in Albany!
Caltech comes to mind.

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 289 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:But then you gotta live in Albany!
Caltech comes to mind.

As does CalPoly.

CT

otolith

quality posts: 26 Private Messages otolith
Cesare wrote:RPI

That's an ok school.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

InFrom

quality posts: 48 Private Messages InFrom

Worse -- Rensselaer! (I kid, I kid! I spent my college days in the Capital District.)

The climate would surely be a shock to the Florida boy.

mommadeb1

InFrom wrote:Worse -- Rensselaer! (I kid, I kid! I spent my college days in the Capital District.)

The climate would surely be a shock to the Florida boy.

Florida boy wears shirts when it is 30 degrees😀 he likes the cold

mommadeb1

Just found out the pies will be more like tarrlets and will be fruit or nut. I'm sticking with the proseco..

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:I've been home sick for the past two days: started last week with being really tired at the end of the school day. Came home and slept for two or three hours. Really nasty cough started up Saturday and Sunday. Took off Monday. Slept quite a bit. Thought I'd go back today, but late Monday evening nasty sneezing, running nose and coughing started up. Decided to stay home today. Feeling better. Cough comes and goes, but no where near as bad as it had been! Planning on going in tomorrow. We have 25 minute classes due to the ELA Assessment. I have a reduced schedule of duty for that--3-ten minute relief duties.

You need to move to a warmer climate😊
I hope you feel better soon

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:Florida boy wears shirts when it is 30 degrees😀 he likes the cold

Shirts or shorts????

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:You need to move to a warmer climate😊
I hope you feel better soon

Ha! The worst parts about going back today on Day 2 of ELA Testing is that the kids are messed up with it. Next problem: they didn't get a real sub for me and so various people were filling in. I am so NOT thrilled that my one class was given a Study Hall for two days and never did get the assignment from MOnday.

nematic

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nematic
mommadeb1 wrote:It is so hard to come back to work after having Spring Break off! Today was day 2 back, I had a hard time getting up.

Harvey Mudd, though it has gotten silly expensive in the past few years. Carnegie Mellon if he has an interest in robotics.

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Shirts or shorts????

ha ha ha shorts....

mommadeb1

nematic wrote:Harvey Mudd, though it has gotten silly expensive in the past few years. Carnegie Mellon if he has an interest in robotics.

I suggested Harvey Mudd...but I don't think California schools are on the list...Mr. Mommadeb is not fond of the Crazy taxes ....that and it is a bit far away... but I keep suggesting we go look at some Cali schools... and meet up with some wooters.... so far neither her nor my son have been for that Idea.... don't know why

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Ha! The worst parts about going back today on Day 2 of ELA Testing is that the kids are messed up with it. Next problem: they didn't get a real sub for me and so various people were filling in. I am so NOT thrilled that my one class was given a Study Hall for two days and never did get the assignment from MOnday.

no sub because they didn't want to pay or because no one picked up the job? We have a problem of subs not wanting to come out to our school because they think it is to far.

mommadeb1

Has anyone tried the 19 Crimes Cell Block wines?

Just based on the label, makes me want to try them.

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
bahwm wrote:I've been home sick for the past two days.

A recovery in the California climate would have done you good...

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:no sub because they didn't want to pay or because no one picked up the job? We have a problem of subs not wanting to come out to our school because they think it is to far.

No one picked up the job. I think there are a few factors: people get scared when they see French and Spanish and feel woefully inadequate to sub for us. some think that we will require them to actually teach our classes! The other factor is that word gets around that our building often uses one sub to fill in for other teachers, too, throughout the day.

polarbear22

quality posts: 41 Private Messages polarbear22
mommadeb1 wrote:Has anyone tried the 19 Crimes Cell Block wines?

Just based on the label, makes me want to try them.

We have had the regular red blend from them. Very nice and drinkable. My cousin buys at by the case and we had several times around her wedding last year and ended up buying it back here. They also told me not to try the Cab.

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

(about 19 Crimes Cell Block wines)

polarbear22 wrote:We have had the regular red blend from them. Very nice and drinkable. My cousin buys at by the case and we had several times around her wedding last year and ended up buying it back here. They also told me not to try the Cab.

That doesn't seem like an auspicious symbol for a wedding.

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.

randysanders

quality posts: 8 Private Messages randysanders
Caltech comes to mind.

Clarkson, but...Potsdam.

polarbear22

quality posts: 41 Private Messages polarbear22
zTimothyBz wrote:(about 19 Crimes Cell Block wines)

That doesn't seem like an auspicious symbol for a wedding.

It was at her home over the weekend, not at the wedding itself. Probably because you are right.

mommadeb1

polarbear22 wrote:We have had the regular red blend from them. Very nice and drinkable. My cousin buys at by the case and we had several times around her wedding last year and ended up buying it back here. They also told me not to try the Cab.

I might give it a try....not like I need anymore wine

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:No one picked up the job. I think there are a few factors: people get scared when they see French and Spanish and feel woefully inadequate to sub for us. some think that we will require them to actually teach our classes! The other factor is that word gets around that our building often uses one sub to fill in for other teachers, too, throughout the day.

I understand.. we can't get subs here because they think it is to far of a drive.. in reality it isn't

JOATMON

quality posts: 20 Private Messages JOATMON
rjquillin wrote:Also true.
14 CFR §91.17 Alcohol or drugs.
But there is also an eight hour limit.
Wonder how much you'd have to imbibe to still be at .04 after eight hours...

Some airlines are even more restrictive on bottle to throttle for their pilots.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)