mommadeb1


quality posts: 27 Private Messages mommadeb1

Nasty weather all around us, hoping it stays away from us. Be safe everyone.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 236 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bahwm wrote:Sparky, you've used imgur to post pics here. Does this allow one to keep things private or does it all become public, linked to your name on that site?



As long as you set it to Hidden, it's not searchable. Info below:


Hidden / Only Me

All posts are set to Hidden by default. Hidden means that your images cannot be searched and are not shared publicly with the community. The only way another user can access your post is directly via the URL.

Posts uploaded without an account are anonymous and hidden. They cannot be searched and only those people with whom you share the URL will be able to see it. However, once you share a post on social networks, it will no longer be truly anonymous.



So not viewable there, unless you share the direct link, as long as you're set to Hidden.

       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 236 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

And now, magically, Amazon Payments works on my tablet! Where's the Hershey's.

       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 1006 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:And now, magically, Amazon Payments works on my tablet! Where's the Hershey's.


I believe the devs have been working on some issues. YAY?


On vacation until 6/3. I will not answer private messages.
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

rjquillin


quality posts: 289 Private Messages rjquillin
mommadeb1 wrote:My bad, I have a friend who spells his name Scot

I thought it was funny, didn't realize the comment was that obscure

CT

klezman


quality posts: 178 Private Messages klezman
mommadeb1 wrote:Nasty weather all around us, hoping it stays away from us. Be safe everyone.



2-3 inches of rain in L.A.! We need it, but damn that's a lot in a day. We also need to plug the holes in the roof...grumble.

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 236 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ThunderThighs wrote:I believe the devs have been working on some issues. YAY?



Nay. It worked on the Habenero cheese earlier, didn't work on the Two Jakes PS. Boo!


Unless there's some extra coding on wine products not on food? Hmmm.


Edit: Nope, didn't work there either. Alt ID still doesn't ask for extra login step (capcha).

       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

otolith


quality posts: 26 Private Messages otolith
pseudogourmet98 wrote:I got two emails about 15 minutes ago. Both have tracking information for recent orders (1 WineSmith, 1 Pedroncelli). Both say label created on 1/13 with expected delivery tomorrow 1/20. Neither shows any other activity other than label created. I'm thinking it's not likely I will receive either tomorrow. Anyone else experience this? If so, did it actually arrive on that day?


Crappy communication with regards to shipments? Yep.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

suzanne17


quality posts: 0 Private Messages suzanne17
pseudogourmet98 wrote:I got two emails about 15 minutes ago. Both have tracking information for recent orders (1 WineSmith, 1 Pedroncelli). Both say label created on 1/13 with expected delivery tomorrow 1/20. Neither shows any other activity other than label created. I'm thinking it's not likely I will receive either tomorrow. Anyone else experience this? If so, did it actually arrive on that day?



I also received emails for the same 2 wines with labels created 1/13 and no other activity. Sure hope they start moving soon!

mommadeb1


quality posts: 27 Private Messages mommadeb1
klezman wrote:2-3 inches of rain in L.A.! We need it, but damn that's a lot in a day. We also need to plug the holes in the roof...grumble.



Roof repair...yuck!

We had some nasty rain and strong wind (60 mile gusts) last night and this morning.

pseudogourmet98


quality posts: 31 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
mommadeb1 wrote:Roof repair...yuck!

We had some nasty rain and strong wind (60 mile gusts) last night and this morning.


We had dangerous winds all day and a few brief downpours, but not the accumulation we were expecting, and needed. My SIL is visiting from Morro Bay, CA and we think they actually got more rain at her home than ours in FL.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 236 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
klezman wrote:2-3 inches of rain in L.A.! We need it, but damn that's a lot in a day. We also need to plug the holes in the roof...grumble.



Hopefully you got a home warranty for it, or the previous owner kept the paperwork on it for you.

My roof is supposed to have a 40 year warranty, but I'm not sure they passed on the info for it.

       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman


quality posts: 178 Private Messages klezman
MarkDaSpark wrote:Hopefully you got a home warranty for it, or the previous owner kept the paperwork on it for you.

My roof is supposed to have a 40 year warranty, but I'm not sure they passed on the info for it.



Home warranty wouldn't come close to covering it, plus it was revealed during inspection so I think it would have been excluded anyway. We've got a roofer lined up, but need to get him scheduled. Although if you know any trustworthy and inexpensive folk we're all ears.

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

bahwm


quality posts: 59 Private Messages bahwm

Success! I finally finished writing the new Spanish 7 Midterm. I realized that the Spanish Midterm was in no way comparable to our French 7 Midterm and it needed to be changed to reflect the way we are currently teaching and testing. I wound up doing all of the typing and formatting. It was one of those "If you want it done right, do it yourself" kind of things. Plus, I am the most computer savvy of the three of us. If I must say so myself, I like my finished product. My two colleagues did help proofread and gave suggestions for questions. Boy, am I glad this part is done! Next, administer the exam tomorrow!! Nothing like just getting it done!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1


quality posts: 27 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:Success! I finally finished writing the new Spanish 7 Midterm. I realized that the Spanish Midterm was in no way comparable to our French 7 Midterm and it needed to be changed to reflect the way we are currently teaching and testing. I wound up doing all of the typing and formatting. It was one of those "If you want it done right, do it yourself" kind of things. Plus, I am the most computer savvy of the three of us. If I must say so myself, I like my finished product. My two colleagues did help proofread and gave suggestions for questions. Boy, am I glad this part is done! Next, administer the exam tomorrow!! Nothing like just getting it done!



Wow.... what did the kids think of the midterm?

InFrom


quality posts: 48 Private Messages InFrom
mommadeb1 wrote:Wow.... what did the kids think of the midterm?

I'm gonna guess they said, that test was haaarrrd! (But very well designed.)

siwbm


quality posts: 7 Private Messages siwbm

Dagnabit. Had my order for the Saint Laurent go missing. FedEx shows as shipped, FedEx shows as received. But the UPS Store doesn't show it as there, and the name that FedEx shows as receiving it is completely unknown to the UPS Store. Probably delivered to the wrong address, and someone is enjoying my wine.

I have reached out to woot customer service, but my fear is that they've run out of the stuff, and I'll never get any. I was looking forward to trying a new varietal.

klezman


quality posts: 178 Private Messages klezman
siwbm wrote:Dagnabit. Had my order for the Saint Laurent go missing. FedEx shows as shipped, FedEx shows as received. But the UPS Store doesn't show it as there, and the name that FedEx shows as receiving it is completely unknown to the UPS Store. Probably delivered to the wrong address, and someone is enjoying my wine.

I have reached out to woot customer service, but my fear is that they've run out of the stuff, and I'll never get any. I was looking forward to trying a new varietal.



Have no fear...I strongly suspect Clark has more. If woot cs isn't helpful, reach out to him or Mike directly. I'm certain they'll take care of you.

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

bahwm


quality posts: 59 Private Messages bahwm
InFrom wrote:I'm gonna guess they said, that test was haaarrrd! (But very well designed.)

Actually, they seemed quite confident--even after having taken it. We really did try to select questions that were VERY fair for those in their first 20 weeks of studying Spanish. The listening passages weren't very long and didn't have a lot of distractors in them. We'll see what happens after I run their sheets. I'll probably wait until the end of next week. It'll take that long to get those kids who were absent to make up their exams.

In other news, ddeuddeg and I have gotten half way through the book that we are copyediting. We just got it this morning. There are quite a few errors in this one, so the second read will take more time. I think I need to do schoolwork tomorrow so that I can have grades ready by Tuesday. And then, tomorrow is the Winter Ball where we will be performing a tango.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rjquillin


quality posts: 289 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:Have no fear...I strongly suspect Clark has more. If woot cs isn't helpful, reach out to him or Mike directly. I'm certain they'll take care of you.

It was a BD offer, so stock shouldn't be an issue.

CT

InFrom


quality posts: 48 Private Messages InFrom
bahwm wrote:Actually, they seemed quite confident--even after having taken it. We really did try to select questions that were VERY fair for those in their first 20 weeks of studying Spanish. The listening passages weren't very long and didn't have a lot of distractors in them. We'll see what happens after I run their sheets. I'll probably wait until the end of next week. It'll take that long to get those kids who were absent to make up their exams.

In other news, ddeuddeg and I have gotten half way through the book that we are copyediting. We just got it this morning. There are quite a few errors in this one, so the second read will take more time. I think I need to do schoolwork tomorrow so that I can have grades ready by Tuesday. And then, tomorrow is the Winter Ball where we will be performing a tango.

Break a leg! We look forward to the tango video.

mommadeb1


quality posts: 27 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:Actually, they seemed quite confident--even after having taken it. We really did try to select questions that were VERY fair for those in their first 20 weeks of studying Spanish. The listening passages weren't very long and didn't have a lot of distractors in them. We'll see what happens after I run their sheets. I'll probably wait until the end of next week. It'll take that long to get those kids who were absent to make up their exams.

In other news, ddeuddeg and I have gotten half way through the book that we are copyediting. We just got it this morning. There are quite a few errors in this one, so the second read will take more time. I think I need to do schoolwork tomorrow so that I can have grades ready by Tuesday. And then, tomorrow is the Winter Ball where we will be performing a tango.



Book editing, grading and tango.... what a combination!