klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman
MarkDaSpark wrote:How good are they if you have to clean them?

Sorry, couldn't resist!!

Or mean you don't need to clean them up!!

Love these tidbits
Top o' the mornin' to y'all!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 16 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
MarkDaSpark wrote:How good are they if you have to clean them?

Sorry, couldn't resist!!

Or mean you don't need to clean them up!!

Ah, yes. The power of punctuation!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
pseudogourmet98 wrote:Ah, yes. The power of punctuation!

Even better is the one about Capitalization. The Uncle and the horse one.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 16 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
MarkDaSpark wrote:Even better is the one about Capitalization. The Uncle and the horse one.

In addition to punctuation and capitalization, spelling is important too. You know, like "Velveeta".

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

I am back! Sorry for being absent for a while. I was given the opportunity to take a 4 day all inclusive (kinda) trip to the ER and then recovery. Everything is good now and I am back to woot.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
bkarlan wrote:I am back! Sorry for being absent for a while. I was given the opportunity to take a 4 day all inclusive (kinda) trip to the ER and then recovery. Everything is good now and I am back to woot.

Welcome back. WHAT THE ████. Just pass on the next one.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
MarkDaSpark wrote:Making room for the RPM Tour treasures?

My cellar has been growing since 2007 ... making up for all those years it wasn't!

I still want to see an updated CT list from you. I'm sure we all do, actually.
Really curious what your actual numbers are, and of what. Aren't you afraid some of your stuff (like the drink-now wines) would start to get too far past their prime? I know previously I've seen some stuff in your CT that I've wondered how good they still are. And that was over a year ago when I last looked.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

pseudogourmet98 wrote:In addition to punctuation and capitalization, spelling is important too. You know, like "Velveeta".

It is! That Velveta stuff is nasty, unlike Velveeta.

However, any complaints on any current spelling issues with my sig need to be directed to ThunderThighs.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
bkarlan wrote:I am back! Sorry for being absent for a while. I was given the opportunity to take a 4 day all inclusive (kinda) trip to the ER and then recovery. Everything is good now and I am back to woot.

OH MY ██████ ███!! glad you are back!!

bahwm

quality posts: 28 Private Messages bahwm

Glad you're back and hopefully, feeling better.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

We did another one of our 7 course dinner and wine pairing benefits for Shakespeare in Delaware Park last night. We cooked for 12 including our 2 servers and us. Great time! Our guests left a bit after midnight. Everything is cleaned up already. I'm impressed--usually we're too tired the next day to get all of the clean up done! After our long spring nap, we got right to work and finished off where the boys left off.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

klezman

bahwm wrote:We did another one of our 7 course dinner and wine pairing benefits for Shakespeare in Delaware Park last night. We cooked for 12 including our 2 servers and us. Great time! Our guests left a bit after midnight. Everything is cleaned up already. I'm impressed--usually we're too tired the next day to get all of the clean up done! After our long spring nap, we got right to work and finished off where the boys left off.

You're going to tell us that but not the menu and wine pairings??

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bahwm

klezman wrote:You're going to tell us that but not the menu and wine pairings??

bahwm

Here it is--the menu and wine pairing:
Shakespeare in Delaware Park
Benefit Dinner May 3, 2014
Welcome to Spring!

Hors d’oeuvres:
Crab Classic Quiche
Black Bean and Sweet Corn Guacamole Dip
Assorted Cheeses and Grapes

Iron Horse Brut Rosé 2007

Soupe du jour:
Asparagus Soup with Brie

North by Northwest Horse Heaven Hills Riesling 2010

Fruits de Mer:
Coquilles St. Jacques

Byron Santa Barbara County Chardonnay 2009

Intermezzo:
Rhubarb Ginger Sorbet

Entrée:
Honey Lime Marinated Grilled Pork Tenderloin
Wasabi Mashed Potatoes
Garlic Green Beans

Scott Harvey Mountain Selection Zinfandel 2011

Salade:
Roasted Beet, Greens & Goat Cheese Salad

Scott Harvey InZinerator 2011

Dessert:
Vermont Maple Syrup Cheesecake

Château Raymond-Lafon Sauternes

Coffee, Decaf, Tea

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

I've never posted asking people to "like" something... but here goes.

My friend Sheila has made a short film for the National Cancer Institute.

It's on using stories for improving health knowledge.

"Tamale Lesson" is about cervical cancer awareness.

Please watch and "like" this video (it's about 3 and a half minutes):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSgZEAiPZFA

Sheila says there is no money for getting the most likes, but the winner gets a plaque from the head of the National Institutes of Health.

(Expect to see this repeated in next week's pub...)

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:It is! That Velveta stuff is nasty, unlike Velveeta.

However, any complaints on any current spelling issues with my sig need to be directed to ThunderThighs.

There. More 'e's just for youuuuuu.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
ThunderThighs wrote:There. More 'e's just for youuuuuu.

You can blame mommadeb and I for the missing eeeeeeeee!

CT

ThunderThighs

Staff

Eeeeeep. Hope you're ok. Welcome back!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

rjquillin wrote:You can blame mommadeb and I for the missing eeeeeeeee!

Oh good. An alibi.

klezman

bahwm wrote:Here it is--the menu and wine pairing

Yum!
We should do something like that down here. Just need a reason.

bahwm

klezman wrote:Yum!
We should do something like that down here. Just need a reason.

Hmmmm. Wanna do a West Coast benefit dinner for Shakespeare in Delaware Park? Warning: you don't get any of the $$ to help defray the cost, but it can help reduce the wine cellar a little.

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
bahwm wrote:Hmmmm. Wanna do a West Coast benefit dinner for Shakespeare in Delaware Park? Warning: you don't get any of the $$ to help defray the cost, but it can help reduce the wine cellar a little.

Intriguing.
How would this work?

CT