bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
InFrom wrote:Oh, that reminds me, I have a couple of last things to wrap! BTW, have you ever had Herman Wiemer Cab Franc? Maybe it's just my NYS pride showing, or the rosy memory of visits to the Finger Lakes, but IMO it's darned good.

ps I fixed that last tongue for you!

I may have tried it. He makes some really good wines. Gotta get some to try again--that's probably available at one of our local liquor stores. Where are you in NYS? And thanks for fixing that last tongue. I edited it, too.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
bahwm wrote:I may have tried it. He makes some really good wines. Gotta get some to try again--that's probably available at one of our local liquor stores. Where are you in NYS? And thanks for fixing that last tongue. I edited it, too.

We're in Queens, not too far from La Guardia.

bahwm

InFrom wrote:We're in Queens, not too far from La Guardia.

Darn! Was hoping you were closer to Buffalo!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
bahwm wrote:Darn! Was hoping you were closer to Buffalo!

Someday I am going to make it there as part of a WNY-ONT trip. I'm determined to do it -- but who knows when? Until it happens, it's likely that the furthest west I'll get is the western shore of Keuka Lake. (Not complaining -- it's a nice place to be!)

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
mother wrote:In all seriousness, not funky/goatey as hell?

Perhaps I should contact them?

SWMBO tells me all the time I smell like a goat. I may not be purely objective. I like the stronger flavors of goat, and other, cheeses, I also like broccoli and brussels sprouts others detest.
For me, the rolls of Kirkland goat cheese are far goatyer than this was.
I found it quite mild and sweet, if a bit on the dry side that additional warming to ~17C smoothed right out. Initially it was too cold, but even warmed up it was still a touch dry, where I'd have liked a bit more cream.
The honey shines, I'd not want any additional.

Brett: I think I'm wired to (overly) sense this, and not in a pleasant way.

Seriously, if you don't like it, say the word. The one, honey, I opened after your comment for me was not what I expected based on your comments.
I think I'd try a second one to see if you perceive it similar, could just be the bad apple, and the next may be quite different in a good way.

Oh, and mine didn't make it to the fridge immediately upon delivery, but sat a day at FedEx and the cold pack wasn't by the time I got it picked up.

CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
cheron98 wrote:Mine, too!

HHHAAAPPYYY BBIIRRTTHHDDAAYYY!!

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
cheron98 wrote:Really, Sparkles? Really?

Hey, you pulled an otolith!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:Really, Sparky? Really?

Of course! Isn't Xmas time for old fiends to bring up memories we'd rather not share?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:SWMBO tells me all the time I smell like a goat. I may not be purely objective. I like the stronger flavors of goat, and other, cheeses, I also like broccoli and brussels sprouts others detest.
I found it quite mild and sweet, if a bit on the dry side that additional warming to ~17C smoothed right out. Initially it was too cold, but even warmed up it was still a touch dry, where I'd have liked a bit more cream.

Seriously, if you don't like it, say the word. The one, honey, I opened after your comment for me was not what I expected based on your comments.
I think I'd try a second one to see if you perceive it similar, could just be the bad apple, and the next may be quite different in a good way.

Oh, and mine didn't make it to the fridge immediately upon delivery, but sat a day at FedEx and the cold pack wasn't by the time I got it picked up.

What cold pack? There wasn't one in my Honey shipment.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:Hey, you pulled an otolith!

Technically, it wasn't an Otolith ... for that you have to answer someone's question with a question!

MarkDaSpark

Happy Birthday to Cheron98!!

Happy Birthday to Cheron98!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
MarkDaSpark wrote:Technically, it wasn't an Otolith ... for that you have to answer someone's question with a question!

I thought that was the Socratic method?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:I thought that was the Socratic method?

Why?

Kid(s) keeping you up? Or are you up early and I'm up too late?

Edit: The Otolith method is to appear to answer their question, but with a question.

IIRC, the Socratic method is to treat their question as an answer, and create a question based on that "answer".

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:What cold pack? There wasn't one in my Honey shipment.

The pack that wasn't cheese was the cold gel. Don't eat that one. Wait, did Mother do that too? No wonder its funky.

CT

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:Why?

Edit: The Otolith method is to appear to answer their question, but with a question.

IIRC, the Socratic method is to treat their question as an answer, and create a question based on that "answer".

anti-biotics have led to a gastrointestinal explosion in the smallest one. I think I slept off and on maybe three hours last night. Came in to work early, The Star Wars Holiday Special (1978) load of phone calls to return. Gonna be a fine day, a fine day!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

rjquillin

bhodilee wrote:anti-biotics have led to a gastrointestinal explosion in the smallest one. I think I slept off and on maybe three hours last night. Came in to work early, The Star Wars Holiday Special (1978) load of phone calls to return. Gonna be a fine day, a fine day!

...and you didn't make it home before this either, and honest, I didn't request AM delivery;

8:10 am Delivered Omaha, NE

Left at front door. Signature Service not requested.

Hopefully something to look forward to.

CT

bhodilee

rjquillin wrote:...and you didn't make it home before this either;

Delivered Omaha, NE

That is easily the earliest they've ever left anything at my house. I am beyond shocked.

Edit: I bet my contractor will bring it inside, he usually does when stuff is left on the doorstep. He's like my kitchen contractor/valet all in one.

rjquillin

bhodilee wrote:That is easily the earliest they've ever left anything at my house. I am beyond shocked.

Edit: I bet my contractor will bring it inside, he usually does when stuff is left on the doorstep. He's like my kitchen contractor/valet all in one.

it's fricking COLD there 25.3 °F, but shouldn't freeze, may have to warm it up a bit tho..

CT

bhodilee

rjquillin wrote:it's fricking COLD there 25.3 °F, but shouldn't freeze, may have to warm it up a bit tho..

Honestly, that's fricking warm compared to what it has been. It's ALREADY 25.3! Last week we barely got to 11 at any point. I went outside with just a long sleeve shirt to drive to work. No need for a coat on a day like this! Pansy Californians!

Here's the forecast for the next few days:

53 today (crazy warm)
51 tomorrow (still crazy warm)
11 Sunday (that's the Nebraska I know and love!)

Last year we went from like 85 or 90 one day to 26 and five inches of snow the very next. This, of course, is not unique to Nebraska, but it gets old and makes me consider a more moderate zone.

bahwm

rjquillin wrote:...and you didn't make it home before this either, and honest, I didn't request AM delivery;

8:10 am Delivered Omaha, NE

I saw something being delivered at 7:45 AM on my way to school last week!

bahwm

bhodilee wrote:anti-biotics have led to a gastrointestinal explosion in the smallest one. I think I slept off and on maybe three hours last night. Came in to work early, The Star Wars Holiday Special (1978) load of phone calls to return. Gonna be a fine day, a fine day!

Poor you guys!

bahwm

bhodilee wrote:Honestly, that's fricking warm compared to what it has been. It's ALREADY 25.3! Last week we barely got to 11 at any point. I went outside with just a long sleeve shirt to drive to work. No need for a coat on a day like this! Pansy Californians!

53 today (crazy warm)

Last year we went from like 85 or 90 one day to 26 and five inches of snow the very next. This, of course, is not unique to Nebraska, but it gets old and makes me consider a more moderate zone.

You edited it! I saw your first post. I agree with the first part of your post.

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
rjquillin wrote:SWMBO tells me all the time I smell like a goat. I may not be purely objective. I like the stronger flavors of goat, and other, cheeses, I also like broccoli and brussels sprouts others detest.

I'm a foodie and I am not afraid of strong flavors (of which I don't consider broccoli one!) With ours you tasted the honey at first and then it morphed into this long finish of, what I can only imagine, is what hay that had already been processed through a goat once would taste of.

It was not subtle.
It lingered on the palate.
It was pretty horrible.

I tried the herb chabis, and it does not have the same problem. If anything it's a bit on the bland side. I guess I will just be opening them each with a hint of extra excitement wondering if it will taste like a goats ass or not...

bhodilee

mother wrote:I'm a foodie and I am not afraid of strong flavors (of which I don't consider broccoli one!) With ours you tasted the honey at first and then it morphed into this long finish of, what I can only imagine, is what hay that had already been processed through a goat once would taste of.

It was not subtle.
It lingered on the palate.
It was pretty horrible.

I tried the herb chabis, and it does not have the same problem. If anything it's a bit on the bland side. I guess I will just be opening them each with a hint of extra excitement wondering if it will taste like a goats ass or not...

OOOOHHHHH, one can only hope!

mommadeb1

my Daughter just passed her driving test!!! aggghhh a fully licensed driver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:my Daughter just passed her driving test!!! aggghhh a fully licensed driver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats & Condolences!

rjquillin

bhodilee wrote:Honestly, that's fricking warm compared to what it has been. It's ALREADY 25.3! Last week we barely got to 11 at any point. I went outside with just a long sleeve shirt to drive to work. No need for a coat on a day like this! Pansy Californians!

53 today (crazy warm)

This morning was actually chilly here, 1.5C but expecting a high of 27C, @ 30C we deem it to be hot.

CT

rjquillin

mother wrote:I'm a foodie and I am not afraid of strong flavors (of which I don't consider broccoli one!)

Nor do I, but there are those here that disagree.

I guess I will just be opening them each with a hint of extra excitement wondering if it will taste like a goats ass or not...

just another blind tasting..

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:The pack that wasn't cheese was the cold gel. Don't eat that one. Wait, did Mother do that too? No wonder its funky.

Cheese? What cheese?

Sonoma Harvest Flavored Honey 6 Pack -- no cheese there

Sonoma Harvest Wine Varietals Wine Vinegar 4-Pack -- nope, still no cheese.

Sonoma Harvest Fancy Mustards 6-Pack -- No CHEESE! White Tundra Frost?

However, (Duh!) in looking at the Laura Chenel Flock of Cheese 8-Pack offer, there is an Orange Blossom Honey Chèvre (Sparky skipped ordering the Goat Cheese this time).

Which isn't the Mandarin Orange Honey from the Sonoma Harvest Honey set. Which would explain why there wasn't a cold pack inside those boxes.

Silly Sparky!!!

Edit: Although I am still wondering just how exactly Mother knows what a goat's hindquarters tastes like.

Edit2: Teach me to enter in the middle of a post conversation, before having my coffee!!

jquillin wrote:
Sounds like an invitation to sample some later today, not before work.
Love me some funk in my chèvre, and goats' got it going from the git-go.

Mother wrote:
The orange blossom honey was super goat-ey. If they're all like this I'll gladly mail them to you!

I just read Mother's response without tying it into RJ's ... coffee, Stat!!

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Congrats & Condolences!

thanks... and her present from my parents was their old Toyota Avalon.... no fair I say!! they didn't get me a car when I turned 16!!!!

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:I just read Mother's response without tieing it into RJ's ... coffee, Stat!!

THIS is the cheese of which we speak.
But you know that now..

CT

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:I just read Mother's response without tying it into RJ's ... coffee, Stat!!

I've been confused since this whole thing started, cuz I thought for sure they were talking about the flavored honeys, and couldn't fathom how the conversation turned from goat cheese to the honeys nor how the honey could POSSIBLY taste like bad goat. I didn't even realize there was a goat cheese offer that included a honey flavored chevre.

Is it a bad thing when I start thinking like Sparky?

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bhodilee

cheron98 wrote:I've been confused since this whole thing started, cuz I thought for sure they were talking about the flavored honeys, and couldn't fathom how the conversation turned from goat cheese to the honeys nor how the honey could POSSIBLY taste like bad goat. I didn't even realize there was a goat cheese offer that included a honey flavored chevre.

Only for HAK

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:Only for HAK

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:I've been confused since this whole thing started, cuz I thought for sure they were talking about the flavored honeys, and couldn't fathom how the conversation turned from goat cheese to the honeys nor how the honey could POSSIBLY taste like bad goat. I didn't even realize there was a goat cheese offer that included a honey flavored chevre.

Yes and no. But I'm sure glad I wasn't the only one!!

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:

Mother and I knew exactly what we were talking about, this is a party line ya know.
For those that remember such a thing.

CT

rjquillin

bhodilee wrote:That is easily the earliest they've ever left anything at my house. I am beyond shocked.

All is intact?

CT

bhodilee

rjquillin wrote:Mother and I knew exactly what we were talking about, this is a party line ya know.
For those that remember such a thing.

Holy Crap Man! Where Do I Start?

rjquillin

bhodilee wrote:Holy Crap Man! Where Do I Start?

Nothing frozen, nothing broken?

They're twist off, CCW, you know how to do that.
The Otokoyama, other than the Momokawa, is the low end.
[edit] Wet the masu, let it swell so it doesn't leak; empty, fill.

CT

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
MarkDaSpark wrote:Why?

OK, now I know?

Heck, I think i might just end all my sentences with a question? I kinda like it?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir