bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
chemvictim wrote:Indeed it was. He is my meanest relative. His idea of a practical joke one year was to tell me my cat had bitten him (I was away visiting my mom and dad) and was going to be put down for fear of rabies.

See, I wanted to criticize his grammar, but you just never know who's who so I thought nah. He never did respond to me though. I was sad.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
bhodilee wrote:See, I wanted to criticize his grammar, but you just never know who's who so I thought nah. He never did respond to me though. I was sad.

It's been an interesting day. Friends are asking who are these crazy people on my page? Oh, that's my aunt. That one's my uncle. My cousin. etc.

edit: and I seem just as crazy to them, I'm sure.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Removed...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
cheron98 wrote:Except for the ACLU whose annual traditions include teaming up with anyone to fight to get all public displays of Christmas removed from everywhere but never seeking to remove other holiday decor.

I'm surprised they haven't gone after the Rockefeller tree yet.

Others need to be as cognizant and tolerant of the Christian holiday as they keep screaming at us to be of theirs.

With all due respect, Cat, doesn't this belong on that other thread? I would like to continue to enjoy my visits to the Pub, without [self-edit for the sake of not fanning the flames.]

chemvictim

My favorite holiday treat is fudge. I wish I had some fudge. The outside of my house is actually starting to resemble peanut butter fudge...

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707
chemvictim wrote:My favorite holiday treat is fudge. I wish I had some fudge. The outside of my house is actually starting to resemble peanut butter fudge...

My favorite treat right now would be a drink. I've gone all week without... so booring! How do sober people do this? No wonder they're so annoying.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
chemvictim wrote:My favorite holiday treat is fudge. I wish I had some fudge. The outside of my house is actually starting to resemble peanut butter fudge...

Oh man, did you see TLC has a show about extreme funerals? One of them was a guy who loved candy and they covered his casket in chocolate then ate the chocolate off it. I truly wish this was not true and part of some schizophrenic delusion of mine.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
bhodilee wrote:Something along the lines of [outside] Some lovely serene scene and embossed Dear Spouse (in gold, always in gold) [Inside] "I thought marriage would be the most magical adventure of my life, then I woke up next to you"

ooohhh that is a good one!!

mommadeb1

chemvictim wrote:I met one of my future neighbors out walking a few nights ago and she said "Merry Christmas," and then she looked unsure and said "happy holidays?" and she said, "oh f it, merry f'in christmas!" I returned the greeting and we laughed.

my kind of neighbor!!

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
InFrom wrote:With all due respect, Cat, doesn't this belong on that other thread? I would like to continue to enjoy my visits to the Pub, without [self-edit for the sake of not fanning the flames.]

Now posts on the Pub have to be Politically Correct? I really miss the old days, before they created a thread for every possible interest, and the Pub would go to 30+ pages in a week, and we didn't need Staff people deleting posts because they asked about shipping issues or openly criticized someone, because we all fundamentally cared about and looked after each other. I was right, I don't belong here any more. I'll be back with a post when the Senior CLASS Award is announced, for all those kind folks who voted for my friend.
End of rant.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

chemvictim

ddeuddeg wrote:
Now posts on the Pub have to be Politically Correct? I really miss the old days, before they created a thread for every possible interest, and the Pub would go to 30+ pages in a week, and we didn't need Staff people deleting posts because they asked about shipping issues or openly criticized someone, because we all fundamentally cared about and looked after each other. I was right, I don't belong here any more. I'll be back with a post when the Senior CLASS Award is announced, for all those kind folks who voted for my friend.
End of rant.

Nooo come back! I've been guilty, I apologize. And I voted for your guy, lots of times...not as many times as RJ.

If Pub posts had to be politically correct, I'd be in big trouble. Although I do make an effort to place potentially offensive posts somewhere you don't have to look if you don't want. I can put them here! I has lots of ideas.

InFrom

ddeuddeg wrote:
End of rant.

For the record, I'm one of the folks who voted for your friend, fwiw. I hope you will rethink your conclusion that you don't belong here. To me you're a mainstay of the Pub.

InFrom

chemvictim wrote:Nooo come back! I've been guilty, I apologize. And I voted for your guy, lots of times...not as many times as RJ.

If Pub posts had to be politically correct, I'd be in big trouble. Although I do make an effort to place potentially offensive posts somewhere you don't have to look if you don't want. I can put them here! I has lots of ideas.

Nooooo!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mewalk707 wrote:My favorite treat right now would be a drink. I've gone all week without... so booring! How do sober people do this? No wonder they're so annoying.

About time you popped back in!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ddeuddeg wrote:
End of rant.

Wait, we didn't delete any posts in this thread. I looked!

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:
End of rant.

But we didn't really have arguments in the Pub then. Mostly just jwhite, cat, and I being post whores.

And we did start the Poli-Ticks thread for that. Political crap.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:Wait, we didn't delete any posts in this thread. I looked!

I think he means in Pubs past, when you were on vacation and we got feisty!

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:I think he means in Pubs past, when you were on vacation and we got feisty!

Oh. Ok. We generally only pull out the delete finger here if someone tattles or if it's something for personal gain ($).

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
ddeuddeg wrote:
End of rant.

At least you can decorateing order wine.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

chemvictim

InFrom wrote:Nooooo!

Are you sure???? I don't mind doing it, in service of Pub activity.

mommadeb1

my mom was telling me about a wine she saw on some show (people were tasting/discussing wine) and this wine was made from grapes that had been allowed to stay on the vine until they were almost raisins.... she went to total wine and found some but the prices ranged from $40-70.....so my question to all you experts... which is the best one for me to get her to try?

edit: and yippie... today is chicken butchering day... I think we are doing 300 today

cheron98

InFrom wrote:With all due respect, Cat, doesn't this belong on that other thread? I would like to continue to enjoy my visits to the Pub, without [self-edit for the sake of not fanning the flames.]

Yeah, sorry, I had responded before scrolling down and didn't get around to moving it.

Edit: no, I'm not really sorry, as it turns out. I think I'm just gonna go back to lurking. Or maybe i'll flip the switch and just stop giving a damn what other people think. Put a helmet on.

cheron98

ddeuddeg wrote:
End of rant.

Yup, well. Part of why I don't post so much anymore is because I end up pissing people off and I have to walk on eggshells and I don't have the energy to always have to do that, so I usually stay quiet these days. I have to save that energy for work so I don't piss off people at work. Apparently when people read stuff I type, it's always read in the wrong tone with the wrong voice and taken in the worst possible light. Does that say more about me and how I actually am - am I really that much of a lady elf? - or more about the world in general and how damn touchy everyone has become? You can't say anything anymore without pissing someone off. So I lurk more.

ddeuddeg

chemvictim wrote:...I voted for your guy, lots of times...not as many times as RJ.

Thanks. I really appreciate it.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

ddeuddeg

InFrom wrote:For the record, I'm one of the folks who voted for your friend, fwiw.

It's worth a lot. Thanks.

ThunderThighs

Staff

otolith wrote:At least you can decorateing order wine.

Oooooh, naughty word.

Guys, this thread is what you make it. It seems like you've migrated to Pub being personal chatty stuff and Politics being that. But it's not a firm line. Some topics cross over into both and you should accept that. And really, those cross-over topics don't last long. Heck, you start a new pub every week anyway.

Can't we all just get along?

chemvictim

cheron98 wrote:Yup, well. Part of why I don't post so much anymore is because I end up pissing people off and I have to walk on eggshells and I don't have the energy to always have to do that, so I usually stay quiet these days. I have to save that energy for work so I don't piss off people at work. Apparently when people read stuff I type, it's always read in the wrong tone with the wrong voice and taken in the worst possible light. Does that say more about me and how I actually am - am I really that much of a lady elf? - or more about the world in general and how damn touchy everyone has become? You can't say anything anymore without pissing someone off. So I lurk more.

I can't speak for others, but I'm not pissed off. But if you make a strong statement on a touchy subject, people are going to notice! The choices are to agree with you, to disagree, or to say nothing. Saying nothing makes for a dull pub.

otolith

mother wrote:BTW I took one for the team and guinea pigged Pat LaFriedas prime rib cooking method.

It is torture having to smell it so long before you can eat it, but the results are really good- great browning/crust, and the temperature is very damned even.

(I didn't do the au jus, and I used garlic/dry mustard/thyme/oregano instead of herbs de P)

Did you cook with the ribs up or down?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
otolith wrote:Did you cook with the ribs up or down?

We just ordered a full rib roast, about 18 lbs. Asked them to cut into two roasts. One is for Christmas Eve, but we only have four. So I expect we will send my son home with a large piece and leftovers here as well. Or should we cut the roast again before we make it.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:Yup, well. Part of why I don't post so much anymore is because I end up pissing people off and I have to walk on eggshells and I don't have the energy to always have to do that, so I usually stay quiet these days. I have to save that energy for work so I don't piss off people at work. Apparently when people read stuff I type, it's always read in the wrong tone with the wrong voice and taken in the worst possible light. Does that say more about me and how I actually am - am I really that much of a lady elf? - or more about the world in general and how damn touchy everyone has become? You can't say anything anymore without pissing someone off. So I lurk more.

Wait ... you piss people off? I thought it was the other way around? Poor jwhite6114 still hasn't made his way out of Cheron's Dungeon of Horrors (aka The List) yet.

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:Wait ... you piss people off? I thought it was the other way around? Poor jwhite6114 still hasn't made his way out of Cheron's Dungeon of Horrors (aka The List) yet.

Shh... Don't tell anyone, but he escaped a long time ago when I let my guard down. Just been pretending he was still in there to instill fear in others since then. Dunno what happened to him after that.

chemvictim

cheron98 wrote:Shh... Don't tell anyone, but he escaped a long time ago when I let my guard down. Just been pretending he was still in there to instill fear in others since then. Dunno what happened to him after that.

Uh oh...now we are unleashed!

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
otolith wrote:Did you cook with the ribs up or down?

Ribs down- you want the fat on top so it bastes the roast while it cooks.

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
polarbear22 wrote:We just ordered a full rib roast, about 18 lbs. Asked them to cut into two roasts. One is for Christmas Eve, but we only have four. So I expect we will send my son home with a large piece and leftovers here as well. Or should we cut the roast again before we make it.

"I'm sick of this left over prime rib" said no one ever...

Just have them cut the 4 ribber from the loin end, unless you're planning a large dinner party ;)

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:Shh... Don't tell anyone, but he escaped a long time ago when I let my guard down. Just been pretending he was still in there to instill fear in others since then. Dunno what happened to him after that.

Nallie probably was waiting for him to escape. Stiletto heels and all.

otolith

polarbear22 wrote:We just ordered a full rib roast, about 18 lbs. Asked them to cut into two roasts. One is for Christmas Eve, but we only have four. So I expect we will send my son home with a large piece and leftovers here as well. Or should we cut the roast again before we make it.

Got a 17# roast from CostCo today. It looks awesome! Now, to figure out the rub and how to cook it, although it looks like there really isn't a wrong way.

--John Muir

otolith

mother wrote:Ribs down- you want the fat on top so it bastes the roast while it cooks.

Got it, thanks!

--John Muir

chemvictim

Y'all are making me hungry with all this prime rib business.

I have ingredients for peanut butter fudge. It will be mine, oh yes.

mommadeb1

ThunderThighs wrote:Oooooh, naughty word.

Guys, this thread is what you make it. It seems like you've migrated to Pub being personal chatty stuff and Politics being that. But it's not a firm line. Some topics cross over into both and you should accept that. And really, those cross-over topics don't last long. Heck, you start a new pub every week anyway.

Can't we all just get along?

well said!

mommadeb1

chemvictim wrote:I can't speak for others, but I'm not pissed off. But if you make a strong statement on a touchy subject, people are going to notice! The choices are to agree with you, to disagree, or to say nothing. Saying nothing makes for a dull pub.

I agree