ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

rjquillin wrote:PM me the link, if it's not your Pampered post.
This turn in to juvie woot?
Geeze..

We've never allowed referral links or links where you stand to profit. It's in our Terms. Always has been.

Edit: Sparky

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
ThunderThighs wrote:We've never allowed referral links or links where you stand to profit. It's in our Terms. Always has been.

Yes, forgot the personal aspect...
..and you got a Sparky for that!?

CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
mother wrote:Quick biddyness trip to S Fla, so while I started the day in the 20s I actually had to close the top on the convertible I rented (it was cheaper than a mid-size, I swear ;)) because it was like 85 and humid and I was wearing a black polo which was soaking up the sun.

Unfortunately by this time tomorrow I'll be back in the 20s :/

you were in Florida and didn't even stop by to say "Hi"?!!!!

mommadeb1

ddeuddeg wrote:By now, it must seem like this will never end, but voting ends Monday at midnight CST (just like woot). You can vote, Chicago-style a la RJ, until then.
Meanwhile, here's a charming news item about a café in France that has a pricing structure for coffee, depending on your level of politeness.

voted

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:I phoned ddeuddeg not even 5 minutes ago. While I was looking out the window, I saw some light flurries. 5 minutes later, I cannot see the sidewalk! All after school activities were cancelled at my school today and we were sent home immediately after the buses left.

and here I'm upset cause it is 10degrees colder today than yesterday!! I'll say it again...don't know how you live there!!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

Voted again, but got the first stupid security thing wrong. I hate those.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
mommadeb1 wrote:you were in Florida and didn't even stop by to say "Hi"?!!!!

I'm sorry momma! Was a really quick work trip that existed entirely in Broward and Miami-Dade counties.

mommadeb1

mother wrote:I'm sorry momma! Was a really quick work trip that existed entirely in Broward and Miami-Dade counties.

well seeing how you were 3 hours away from me... I'll forgive you!

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
North316 wrote:I would be swamped too if 50% of the things I did were wrong. Yes, 50% of my orders in the last two weeks have had issues.

At least you can order wine to make up for it!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
ThunderThighs wrote:We've never allowed referral links or links where you stand to profit. It's in our Terms. Always has been.

What if I post it?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

rjquillin

ddeuddeg wrote:Another big thank you to all of you who are voting for my friend John Urschel.

Also: sparkolith!

How many votes can be made during half time and the third quarter?
I dunno either, but it was a 2.3% spread this morning, and my fingers are now tired...

CT

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:How many votes can be made during half time and the third quarter?
I dunno either, but it was a 2.3% spread this morning, and my fingers are now tired...

Recharge them with some wine?

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ROGETRAY wrote:

Inkycatz would have let us!

(not really, but we miss her! And late nights with ThunderThighs!)

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg

In case you've missed it so far, Stillman's been active on the thread for the current offer. Always a treat to read his posts.
(And to drink his wine. )

And here's that ever-popular daily reminder to vote for John Urschel, daily through Monday.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bhodilee wrote:What if I post it?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

rjquillin

ddeuddeg wrote:And here's that ever-popular daily reminder to vote for John Urschel, daily through Monday.

Yesterday AM it was 2.3%, and after the recalculate last night it's now 2.6%. I'd like to think my tired fingers helped at least a little bit, along with all the others here.

CT

rjquillin

ThunderThighs wrote:
Edit: Sparky

Good work!

CT

bhodilee

ThunderThighs wrote:

so yes?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
ddeuddeg wrote:In case you've missed it so far, Stillman's been active on the thread for the current offer. Always a treat to read his posts.
(And to drink his wine. )

And here's that ever-popular daily reminder to vote for John Urschel, daily through Monday.

I so want to try it, but it's expensive! Last Stillman wine I tried at very high alcohol I didn't like (the one WD brought to the wootception).

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:so yes?

She didn't say no!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

TGIF!

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
rjquillin wrote:Yesterday AM it was 2.3%, and after the recalculate last night it's now 2.6%. I'd like to think my tired fingers helped at least a little bit, along with all the others here.

I keep plugging away with my 1 per day. D-dog may have to ask John to recognize you in his acceptance speech.

chipgreen

edthebedhead wrote:Anyone else seen Grandma Gif'ing out?

Yes, that's better than the first "gif'ing out" ad they ran with the family in their driveway.

MarkDaSpark

chipgreen wrote:Yes, that's better than the first "gif'ing out" ad they ran with the family in their driveway.

None of them have been that funny.

MarkDaSpark

Deal Krampus has Salted Peanut Butter cups up ... http://ow.ly/rILQk

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
MarkDaSpark wrote:Deal Krampus has Salted Peanut Butter cups up ... http://ow.ly/rILQk

And here I thought Krampus was supposed to have extra-special deep discount deals...not rehashes at the same price.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

chipgreen

MarkDaSpark wrote:None of them have been that funny.

Agreed. Also, I'm guessing that over 50% of the people who see those ads have no idea what "gif'ing out" is and they are the ones most likely to be shopping at Kmart. Seems like they're missing their target audience but maybe it's all part of unveiling the edgy hipster store that's been hidden deep beneath those blue lights all these years. Yeah, that's the ticket.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

TT: not sure what's going on, but it seems like there are way more weirdos complaining about issues, plus some of us (North) are having issues, too. Maybe make a call to Mr. Bezos. Or do you call him "Jeff"?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bhodilee

kylemittskus wrote:TT: not sure what's going on, but it seems like there are way more weirdos complaining about issues, plus some of us (North) are having issues, too. Maybe make a call to Mr. Bezos. Or do you call him "Jeff"?

seriously, he has a public email and he takes complaints seriously. the most terrifying thing in all of Amazon CS is getting an email from him basically asking what the decorate. I read an article about him, seems like a micro-manager extraordinaire.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
kylemittskus wrote:TT: not sure what's going on, but it seems like there are way more weirdos complaining about issues, plus some of us (North) are having issues, too. Maybe make a call to Mr. Bezos. Or do you call him "Jeff"?

gotta admit, i found myself on the complaining side of things today. placed an order at shirt 2 fridays ago. it's been "shipping now" since 2 days after the order. never changed to "shipped", no tracking, and no item. and this is part of a christmas gift. with a 7-10 day ship time AFTER it actually ships, i am now legitimately worried. fired off an email to service, but i dont expect much to come from it.

also, we received part of our candy basket order... placed an order for several different items, received ONE item, but shipping status hasnt changed on the order. giving it a few more days but it's supposed to be a guaranteed for Christmas thing.

what up, yo

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith

Polarbear is more than awesome!

Just had to post that for no reason in particular.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
cheron98 wrote:gotta admit, i found myself on the complaining side of things today. placed an order at shirt 2 fridays ago. it's been "shipping now" since 2 days after the order.

Oh look it shipped.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

ddeuddeg

otolith wrote:Polarbear is more than awesome!

Just because it happens to be true isn't enough of a reason?

And here's your antepenultimate daily reminder to continue voting for John Urschel.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
otolith wrote:Polarbear is more than awesome!

Thank you. And you're welcome.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22

Wife is making a slow cooked meal with ox tails and chorizo. Vegetables, paprika and white wine are what they cook in. Any wine recommendations? Mainly something to handle the oxtails.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

ddeuddeg

polarbear22 wrote:Wife is making a slow cooked meal with ox tails and chorizo. Vegetables, paprika and white wine are what they cook in. Any wine recommendations? Mainly something to handle the oxtails.

I'd probably look for a Scott Harvey Zin or Syrah.

polarbear22

ddeuddeg wrote:I'd probably look for a Scott Harvey Zin or Syrah.

Thanks. I should probably get my CT link back on my signature.

My Cellar

rjquillin

Pedroncelli already arrived!
Mama, you get yours?

CT