chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
InFrom wrote:Wines well past their optimal drinking window...
ETA: Soon to be seen on Wine.Woot?

Dogfish Head has worked in conjunction with an archaeologist to use chemical analysis to recreate some ancient beers. I wonder if anyone is producing wines based on these ancient recipes.

InFrom

quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom
chipgreen wrote:Dogfish Head has worked in conjunction with an archaeologist to use chemical analysis to recreate some ancient beers. I wonder if anyone is producing wines based on these ancient recipes.

Whereas I wonder if anyone will create an Ancient Beer & Wine Woot.

BTW, what's with the gold sparklies? Did you award it to yourself for topping the page?

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 33 Private Messages ddeuddeg
polarbear22 wrote:Heavy snow on the busiest travel day of the year is not wanted. Especially with a certain woot couple driving in.

IFTFY. We're pretty intrepid.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

I was in 3rd place for our biggest looser competition!!!!!! I lost 14# in 12 weeks!

in addition to that great news.... I also accepted a long term position at our school!! scarey, but good!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mommadeb1 wrote:I was in 3rd place for our biggest looser competition!!!!!! I lost 14# in 12 weeks!

in addition to that great news.... I also accepted a long term position at our school!! scarey, but good!

Congrats on the position!

Sorry you only got third. But 14#! Wow!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

chipgreen

InFrom wrote:Whereas I wonder if anyone will create an Ancient Beer & Wine Woot.

BTW, what's with the gold sparklies? Did you award it to yourself for topping the page?

Yes, it was a ToP sparky graphic

chipgreen

mommadeb1 wrote:I was in 3rd place for our biggest looser competition!!!!!! I lost 14# in 12 weeks!

Congrats all around! I hope your new position gets you away from "the evil one".

MarkDaSpark

So is everyone ready for Thanksgiving Bingo next week?

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
MarkDaSpark wrote:Storm Watch, SoCal style ...

Local news stations have announced we are under "Storm Watch" as a winter "Storm" marches across the lower half of Southern California.

The impact of this "Storm" could be wide spread and catastrophic as the southland is bombarded by heavy drizzle and winds expected to exceed 5 miles per hour!

A local merchant reported, "Like, The rain came down like so hard on my drive to work that the road became like totally moist! It like actually appeared darker ya know, than it usually does. I was terrified so I put on my flashers, moved to the middle lane and slowed to like 10 miles per hour ya know? You cant be too cautious"

To add insult to injury, temperatures are expected to plummet into the low 60's today. Overnight temps will approach 54 and authorities are warning people to bring pets and plants indoors.

More news as it unfolds...

We might have to stop wearing Shorts!!!!

http://www.startribune.com/video/233014521.html

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

mommadeb1

chipgreen wrote:Congrats all around! I hope your new position gets you away from "the evil one".

ha ha ha... it will really piss the evil one off.. which is kind of funny!!

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:So is everyone ready for Thanksgiving Bingo next week?

love it!!

rjquillin

quality posts: 185 Private Messages rjquillin

Does this get you away from the evil one?

Congrats, even if it doesn't!
[edit] need to read ahead in the thread.

CT

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
MarkDaSpark wrote:So is everyone ready for Thanksgiving Bingo next week?

Seems to me it's missing the "Dad gets hammered" square...flawed

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

bahwm

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm

Congrats on all of the above! What will you be doing in your long term position?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess

Congratulations!

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Congrats on all of the above! What will you be doing in your long term position?

Thanks.. I will be in our media center, and doing morning news, helping teachers when they are testing in the computer lab...having a class come in. most importantly getting the kids into reading!! so a little bit of everything.....

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
mommadeb1 wrote:Thanks.. I will be in our media center, and doing morning news, helping teachers when they are testing in the computer lab...having a class come in. most importantly getting the kids into reading!! so a little bit of everything.....

That's awesome! Congrats!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
mommadeb1 wrote:Thanks.. I will be in our media center, and doing morning news, helping teachers when they are testing in the computer lab...having a class come in. most importantly getting the kids into reading!! so a little bit of everything.....

Congratulations. Enjoy the new job. And being permanent.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22

Normally, we have a Pinot Noir with salmon. Usually an Oregon PN. this will be roaster with salt and pepper, and served with a dill cream sauce with capers and onions.

What other suggestions do you have?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

mommadeb1

otolith wrote:That's awesome! Congrats!

mommadeb1

polarbear22 wrote:Congratulations. Enjoy the new job. And being permanent.

Thanks...

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother

Congrats!

polarbear22 wrote:Normally, we have a Pinot Noir with salmon. Usually an Oregon PN. this will be roaster with salt and pepper, and served with a dill cream sauce with capers and onions.

What other suggestions do you have?

Something white... Have any Chablis?
Edit: And onions? Are you sure? That just doesn't sound right.

polarbear22

mother wrote:Something white... Have any Chablis?
Edit: And onions? Are you sure? That just doesn't sound right.

SWMBO says it is a little chopped red onion. Sour cream with fresh dill, capers and the onion. It is real tasty.

Have to check on Chablis. Edit: Yes, yes I do.

My Cellar

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 33 Private Messages ddeuddeg
polarbear22 wrote:SWMBO says it is a little chopped red onion. Sour cream with fresh dill, capers and the onion. It is real tasty.

rpm once told me the standard in Cali is Zin with salmon. It happens to be my favorite, as well.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

bahwm

I just received a new Visa Credit Card in the mail. The account was opened by the plumbing company in my name. There is a balance on the account of the cost of the megajob. I did not want another credit card. We were told that the company has a financing option for zero interest for 12 months with minimum monthly payments. We were also told that we could pay these monthly payments using a credit card. Apparently, according to the bank website, payments must be made via check or routed through a checking account. I am not a happy camper. I want to be able to make these payments using an existing credit card (as we were told we could do) that allows me to earn credits that can then be used to erase travel purchases after the travel is complete: hotel, car rental, airfare. It would certainly make the RPM hotel costs easier to take. Now what do we do? I think we're stuck.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

InFrom

bahwm wrote:I just received a new Visa Credit Card in the mail. The account was opened by the plumbing company in my name. There is a balance on the account of the cost of the megajob. I did not want another credit card. We were told that the company has a financing option for zero interest for 12 months with minimum monthly payments. We were also told that we could pay these monthly payments using a credit card. Apparently, according to the bank website, payments must be made via check or routed through a checking account. I am not a happy camper. I want to be able to make these payments using an existing credit card (as we were told we could do) that allows me to earn credits that can then be used to erase travel purchases after the travel is complete: hotel, car rental, airfare. It would certainly make the RPM hotel costs easier to take. Now what do we do? I think we're stuck.

yow, that's lousy! I guess you can speak to the bank, and to the plumber's office on Monday, on the theory that someone there misunderstood which payment option you were going for. And if they really misrepresented what the deal was, do you have a local cionsumer affairs dept that oversees licensed trades?

InFrom

ddeuddeg wrote:rpm once told me the standard in Cali is Zin with salmon. It happens to be my favorite, as well.

But maybe not with a cream sauce? We enjoyed a Barbera last night with grilled salmon, but there were no dairy products in the immediate vicinity.

mother

polarbear22 wrote:SWMBO says it is a little chopped red onion. Sour cream with fresh dill, capers and the onion. It is real tasty.

Oh, ok, chopped red onion as a garnish sounds good even!

I'm pairing mustard braised pork belly with red lentils with some Toothy II.

Goes really well together, I'm sure what ever you have with the salmon will be quite nice.

mother

Olly Olly Oxen-free

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:I just received a new Visa Credit Card in the mail. The account was opened by the plumbing company in my name. There is a balance on the account of the cost of the megajob. I did not want another credit card. We were told that the company has a financing option for zero interest for 12 months with minimum monthly payments. We were also told that we could pay these monthly payments using a credit card. Apparently, according to the bank website, payments must be made via check or routed through a checking account. I am not a happy camper. I want to be able to make these payments using an existing credit card (as we were told we could do) that allows me to earn credits that can then be used to erase travel purchases after the travel is complete: hotel, car rental, airfare. It would certainly make the RPM hotel costs easier to take. Now what do we do? I think we're stuck.

this company is beyond amazingly ballsey!!!! I would call monday and talk to the owner/manager... first they are late, then they can't find the line... and now this!??? Totally not acceptable!!

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
ddeuddeg wrote:rpm once told me the standard in Cali is Zin with salmon. It happens to be my favorite, as well.

I was going to say this, except for the part about it being my favourite since I haven't had that combo yet. I almost never actually cook salmon.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

Holy crap! Can you call the bank that issued the card and tell them you didn't authorize it??? That's nuts.

polarbear22

Paired the salmon with Pinot Noir and Chablis. Both were great pairings. The Chablis was a great wine, and I have a couple more bottles. Our friends brought a bottle of Ridge 2001 Santa Cruz Home Ranch, which is Cab based. So we started with that.

My Cellar

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess

Balance Transfer?

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

MarkDaSpark

mother wrote:Olly Olly Oxen-free

New face cream?

mommadeb1

day 2 of a migraine...........ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .... I have WAY too much to do... don't have time for this!!!!!!!!

and we are expecting a cold front with rain.. so it's all cloudy and dreary.....

bahwm

vaaccess wrote:Balance Transfer?

Balance Transfer sounds too costly. I think I need to call the plumbing company and speak with them directly and I may even have to call the bank. This certainly seems like misrepresentation to me. (BTW, we are in New York.) I did not agree to a new cc. I have plenty of available credit on my other credit cards. I will probably have to tell them to make that request for financing go away. I will likely have to just pay for it using my rewards cc and then pay it off almost immediately. I have the money in a savings account--I just hate to use it all at once to pay off one bill! At least I would get some benefit from all of this hassle!

mother

bahwm wrote:Balance Transfer sounds too costly. I think I need to call the plumbing company and speak with them directly and I may even have to call the bank. This certainly seems like misrepresentation to me. (BTW, we are in New York.) I did not agree to a new cc. I have plenty of available credit on my other credit cards. I will probably have to tell them to make that request for financing go away. I will likely have to just pay for it using my rewards cc and then pay it off almost immediately. I have the money in a savings account--I just hate to use it all at once to pay off one bill! At least I would get some benefit from all of this hassle!

If the plumber doesn't rectify things willingly, I would begin turning things up to ballistic on them...

Besides contacting the attorney generals office, the city (make sure the permits people know this company is scamming), the BBB, call your state senators office, etc. I would definitely contact the credit card company and inform them that you did not apply for the credit card, nor did you authorize that charge.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
mother wrote:If the plumber doesn't rectify things willingly, I would begin turning things up to ballistic on them...

Besides contacting the attorney generals office, the city (make sure the permits people know this company is scamming), the BBB, call your state senators office, etc. I would definitely contact the credit card company and inform them that you did not apply for the credit card, nor did you authorize that charge.

I would do all of this if the plumbing company does anything other than a complete reversal. And I'd likely do all of this, even if they do reverse everything. You can also report them to the credit bureau and have it removed from your report. I had to do this for Robin's Brothers. I didn't even purchase SWMBO's ring from them, but they opened a credit line under my social for $8k.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin

quality posts: 185 Private Messages rjquillin

Having a reasonable number, whatever that number is, of high limit cards with little or no balance is supposed to be a good thing for a credit rating, and cancellation of same can depress a score. How you came by this card, however, is deplorable and worthy of all the above mentioned actions.

CT