MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bahwm wrote:Thanks for the research, but the interactive board does more than just change the screen on a PowerPoint, which is what the remote mouse does. I have one of those already, in fact, I think the first one that you found, but I don't remember paying so much for it years ago--even the prime rate seems high. More later on some of the cool things an interactive board can do.

Our new principal thinks this might be worth looking into further.



Not that much more ... you should also be able to make points in the Powerpoint during the presentation the same way.


Edit: When did this make T.O.P.??? Sparkolith!


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bahwm


quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:Not that much more ... you should also be able to make points in the Powerpoint during the presentation the same way.


Finally back at home where I can take a little more time to post. I am finding that with an interactive board, one can actually "write" on the board with a "pen"/stylus and can change the color of the letters or markings that you are using. You can also use an "eraser" to make corrections or use a "spray bottle" to erase a bunch of stuff. You can control the powerpoint from there and show video clips and control it all from the screen.

TT, made a good point about possibly getting in the way of the projector. It is possible to mount the projector from the ceiling.

At this point, it is food for thought. I would really also want to have one of their components that will project a document directly onto the white board. It is possible to enlarge the text of the document by simply turning a button. So, if I wanted to show some colored brochures from France, I could put them under their projector apparatus and show it to the entire class at one time and enlarge it and "write" on it or "highlight" it with no markings on the actual document and no fighting with a silly copy machine that only does black & white copies and doesn't like certain sized paper, etc. There are more applications but nuf said.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bahwm wrote:Finally back at home where I can take a little more time to post. I am finding that with an interactive board, one can actually "write" on the board with a "pen"/stylus and can change the color of the letters or markings that you are using. You can also use an "eraser" to make corrections or use a "spray bottle" to erase a bunch of stuff. You can control the powerpoint from there and show video clips and control it all from the screen.

TT, made a good point about possibly getting in the way of the projector. It is possible to mount the projector from the ceiling.

At this point, it is food for thought. I would really also want to have one of their components that will project a document directly onto the white board. It is possible to enlarge the text of the document by simply turning a button. So, if I wanted to show some colored brochures from France, I could put them under their projector apparatus and show it to the entire class at one time and enlarge it and "write" on it or "highlight" it with no markings on the actual document and no fighting with a silly copy machine that only does black & white copies and doesn't like certain sized paper, etc. There are more applications but nuf said.



Silly me, thinking there was already a way in PowerPoint to mark up slides during a presentation, using a remote mouse. Or highlight. Or erase those marks.

And I suppose you could use one of their cameras to show off the brochures. Or use one of those new-fangled all-in-one printers that have scanners included to scan the brochure as a file to include in the presentation.


It just seems extra effort to use their stuff, especially when you would have to keep re-marking the brochures for each class. Far easier to scan the brochures and mark them up within the presentation.


I'm all for using technology, but efficiently and not just for technology's sake.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

long week... switched who I am again.. one teacher came back and is doing the 2 jobs I was doing..... now I'm back to classrooms and media center...our school is doing a weight loss challenge... everyone put in $20 and the winner gets $250! so far I am on track... went walking today with a few coworkers...we got in 3 miles... it is still in the 90's here....so we shall see if I can keep motivated!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

bahwm


quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:Silly me, thinking there was already a way in PowerPoint to mark up slides during a presentation, using a remote mouse. Or highlight. Or erase those marks.

And I suppose you could use one of their cameras to show off the brochures. Or use one of those new-fangled all-in-one printers that have scanners included to scan the brochure as a file to include in the presentation.


It just seems extra effort to use their stuff, especially when you would have to keep re-marking the brochures for each class. Far easier to scan the brochures and mark them up within the presentation.


I'm all for using technology, but efficiently and not just for technology's sake.


Learned something new today. Thanks, Sparky. I never realized how one could mark up a PowerPoint. I've never actually seen anyone do it and have never done it myself. That can work for circling things but not so much for, let's say physically writing additional useful vocab words that come up during the course of a class. The way some of the rooms with an interactive board are configured, there are dry erase white boards on either side of the "board" that appears could be blocked with some of the "board". Stupid comes to mind.

"Re-marking" stuff for each class is part of the process of helping the kids discover whatever it is that we are trying to achieve: recognition of specific vocab in a reading especially words that the French may have stolen from us or we stole from them; different forms of words--adjectives, verbs, nouns, etc. Can't hand them everything on a platter!

Our school received a couple of grants to install Promethean Boards. I do not know which version they are, but costs are incredibly high based on what a google search showed: ranging from $1697.30 - $5376.80! It is pretty cool in that it is pretty much one unit including the projector and also has an Elmo projector attached to the computer to lay a paper or brochure on it to project--kind of like the old opaque projector (where you would insert a book or a map and it would project on a screen) combined with an overhead projector!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm


quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm

75 degrees at 10:26 pm in Buffalo. I'll take it!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm


quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm

But Mom! I didn't mean to kill the pub!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:75 degrees at 10:26 pm in Buffalo. I'll take it!



I think we are still in the 80's! and it is humid!!

bahwm


quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm


Did I REALLY kill the pub?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm


quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm

BTW, if anybody is interested in purchasing Entertainment Books for their area, you can make a purchase through my French Club's account and the company will send the book directly to you and my students will receive the credit. We are selling them to help defray the cost of their Québec trip. Students always benefit from the "extra" money that my colleague and I add to the account through purchases made by our friends and family. We have even been able to help a few students who were planning on going on the trip, but whose parent had lost a job and they were going to have to pull out. The Buffalo book went down in price by $5 this year, so it is back to $25. If you are interested, PM me and I'll send you our account info so that you can place an order. Thanks!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

otolith


quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
bahwm wrote:
Did I REALLY kill the pub?



Must have.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:
Did I REALLY kill the pub?



I even checked to make sure I was in the right week! my exercise for the day was yard work for about 4 hours! I'm done.. think we will go out to dinner tonight..

klezman


quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman
bahwm wrote:
Did I REALLY kill the pub?



Nah...it's just sleeping

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bahwm wrote:
Did I REALLY kill the pub?



Facebook as well. Or it was HaK at the RenFaire.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark



Happy Birthday to Ty Caton!!









Happy Birthday to Ty Caton!!!















☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.