klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman

I think it's time to turn the page on this one

Glad to see shipping options improving.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
klezman wrote:I think it's time to turn the page on this one

Good call. You turned the thread to page 4.

chipgreen

quality posts: 178 Private Messages chipgreen

Were there some other states besides NY opened up during the wootoff?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
chipgreen wrote:Were there some other states besides NY opened up during the wootoff?

Nope. None. Not a single one maybe slipped through the cracks a time or two. Absolutely not.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

chipgreen

kylemittskus wrote:Nope. None. Not a single one maybe slipped through the cracks a time or two. Absolutely not.

I noticed WY on one of the offers but not sure if they had been previously nixed.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 546 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

We are in the process of adding M̶i̶c̶h̶i̶g̶a̶n̶, Arizona and Louisiana to the current Plus sales!!

Edit: Jumped to early on MI. Sorry. Still investigating though.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kylemittskus

ThunderThighs wrote:We are in the process of adding M̶i̶c̶h̶i̶g̶a̶n̶, Arizona and Louisiana to the current Plus sales!!

Three more down. I imagine that this took a lot more effort than any of is will ever be aware of. Well done WD, woot, et. al.

rjquillin

quality posts: 169 Private Messages rjquillin
ThunderThighs wrote:M̶i̶c̶h̶i̶g̶a̶n̶,

How did you do this?

And yes, well done indeed.
Just hope someday we get to see the innards of what really happened.

CT

ThunderThighs

Staff

rjquillin wrote:How did you do this?

And yes, well done indeed.
Just hope someday we get to see the innards of what really happened.

Magic

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rjquillin

quality posts: 169 Private Messages rjquillin

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ThunderThighs wrote:Magic

Ⓜⓐⓖⓘⓒ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓢⓐⓨ? Ⓘ ⓒⓐⓝ ⓢⓔⓔ ⓣⓗⓐⓣ!

¡ןןǝʍ sɐ ʇxǝʇ dıןɟ oʇ ǝʞıן osןɐ ı ʇnq

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

milubilu

quality posts: 2 Private Messages milubilu
ThunderThighs wrote:We are in the process of adding M̶i̶c̶h̶i̶g̶a̶n̶, Arizona and Louisiana to the current Plus sales!!

Any update on NJ? Missed out on a couple of good ones during the woot off.

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
milubilu wrote:Any update on NJ? Missed out on a couple of good ones during the woot off.

Woot shipped wine into NJ?

dlschier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlschier
mother wrote:Woot shipped wine into NJ?

Yes

ThunderThighs

Staff

milubilu wrote:Any update on NJ? Missed out on a couple of good ones during the woot off.

We'll post when states come back on the list but we don't have any information to share on progress or what's going on in each state. Sorry.

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
ThunderThighs wrote:We'll post when states come back on the list but we don't have any information to share on progress or what's going on in each state. Sorry.

I tried to bribe the law making folks in PA, it didnt end well.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951
bkarlan wrote:I tried to bribe the law making folks in PA, it didnt end well.

At least you tried!

ThunderThighs

Staff

bkarlan wrote:I tried to bribe the law making folks in PA, it didnt end well.

When's your court date? We can all come as character witnesses.

LandRoverNut

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LandRoverNut

What about TN?!?! Any word on Tennessee?

kylemittskus

LandRoverNut wrote:What about TN?!?! Any word on Tennessee?

ThunderThighs wrote:We'll post when states come back on the list but we don't have any information to share on progress or what's going on in each state. Sorry.

chipgreen

Recap of states removed/added while we wait for additional news....

Before the reinterpretation of NY laws, which led to NY being removed from the ship-to list, wine.woot shipped to as many as 35 states depending on winery licenses and other regulations. Those states were;

Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District Of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois,
Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

Approximately two weeks after NY was removed from the ship-to list, an additional 18 states were removed. Speculation was that they have language similar to that of NY laws.

At that point wine.woot was only shipping to 16 states;

California, Colorado, Connecticut, District Of Columbia, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Maryland, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Washington, Wyoming.

So far, 6 states have been added back to the list. They are;

Iowa, New York, Arizona, Louisiana, Michigan, Ohio.

Montana is a newcomer to the list on 11/25/2013.

That leaves the following 13 states still up in the air;

Georgia, Kansas, Maine, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Dakota, Tennessee, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin.

Here's hoping to see more states added back soon!

EDIT: Updated to reflect that Michigan is back on the ship-to list.
EDIT: Montana is added to the list 11/25/2013
EDIT: Ohio is back on the list 11/29/2013

rld513

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rld513
chipgreen wrote:

That leaves the following 15 states still up in the air;

Georgia, Kansas, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico,
North Dakota, Ohio, Tennessee, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin

Here's hoping we see more states added back soon!

This wooter in OH is hoping so too!

UBlink

quality posts: 18 Private Messages UBlink
chipgreen wrote:Recap of states removed/added while we wait for additional news....

Before the reinterpretation of NY laws, which led to NY being removed from the ship-to list, wine.woot shipped to as many as 35 states depending on winery licenses and other regulations. Those states were;

Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District Of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois,
Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

Approximately two weeks after NY was removed from the ship-to list, an additional 18 states were removed. Speculation was that they have language similar to that of NY laws.

California, Colorado, Connecticut, District Of Columbia, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Maryland, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Washington, Wyoming.

So far, 4 states have been added back to the list. They are;

Iowa, New York, Arizona, Louisiana (and a false alarm about Michigan).

Georgia, Kansas, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico,

Thanks for putting together this summary. This should help all understand what's involved here. I'm sure nobody wants this resolved more than the Wine Woot powers that be.

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

jveauthier

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jveauthier
chipgreen wrote:Recap of states removed/added while we wait for additional news....

So far, 4 states have been added back to the list. They are;

Iowa, New York, Arizona, Louisiana (and a false alarm about Michigan).

YES - thank-you, I was clueless as to what happened and am glad (for me, not for woot since you are losing money) that it wasn't just NM because now there is hope that we may be added back soon!

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey

Thanks for the update chipgreen. After the NY reversal I got excited that GA would soon follow.... that excitement has since diminished.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

chipgreen

jhkey wrote:Thanks for the update chipgreen. After the NY reversal I got excited that GA would soon follow.... that excitement has since diminished.

I'm also starting to wonder... I think WD is at the mercy of Amazon legal dept. on this one. Maybe it's not a big enough priority for them to take an aggressive stance on it. It's not fair to WD and the WCC staff!

I noticed that Amazon wine sales and wine.woot both added AZ and LA at the same time and that Amazon also added MI at that time. TT announced that MI had been added here as well, only to later say that the announcement was premature. Clearly the Amazon/WW states lists are related and being dictated by the mothership.

dlschier

chipgreen wrote:I'm also starting to wonder... I think WD is at the mercy of Amazon legal dept. on this one. Maybe it's not a big enough priority for them to take an aggressive stance on it. It's not fair to WD and the WCC staff!

I noticed that Amazon wine sales and wine.woot both added AZ and LA at the same time and that Amazon also added MI at that time. TT announced that MI had been added here as well, only to later say that the announcement was premature. Clearly the Amazon/WW states lists are related and being dictated by the mothership.

This seems to be some pretty loose speculation. I don't think anything is clear here given that there is no information. Wine woot is in a unique situation being a third party seller. Amazon's wines say ships from and sold by the wine maker. This distinction seems to matter in the legalities of the wine market.

chipgreen

dlschier wrote:This seems to be some pretty loose speculation. I don't think anything is clear here given that there is no information. Wine woot is in a unique situation being a third party seller. Amazon's wines say ships from and sold by the wine maker. This distinction seems to matter in the legalities of the wine market.

True, but the current ship-to lists are identical with the exception of MI. Nothing speculative about that.

dlschier

chipgreen wrote:True, but the current ship-to lists are identical with the exception of MI. Nothing speculative about that.

That is a very interesting observation. After a little poking around, I could not find and Amazon purchase that would actually ship to MI even when MI is on the vineyard's ship to list. Seems like Amazon shipping to MI is a phantom.

chipgreen

dlschier wrote:That is a very interesting observation. After a little poking around, I could not find and Amazon purchase that would actually ship to MI even when MI is on the vineyard's ship to list. Seems like Amazon shipping to MI is a phantom.

Weird....

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
ThunderThighs wrote:When's your court date? We can all come as character witnesses.

Knowing the mayor, judge, and 2 of the city council members in the neighboring township (Not the Pittsburgh staff) does NO good when it is a state law. They did enjoy the booze though.

stupid PA and their wackiness.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

MarkDaSpark

For those still wondering why it's so hard to change liquor laws ... $90 Million—The Cost to Defend the Three Tier System showing total contributions to state elections and initiatives for even year elections from 2002 to 2012.

Total spent overall was a little over $141 million, the rest was Wineries/Distillers, Brewers, & Retailers. So a big chuck (the $90 million) was by Wholesalers.

My favorite quote: "Keep in mind, despite the fact that in most states producers and retailers are REQUIRED to do business with wholesalers, wholesalers are NOT REQUIRED to do business with producers or retailers."

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 197 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

MarkDaSpark wrote:For those still wondering why it's so hard to change liquor laws ... $90 Million—The Cost to Defend the Three Tier System showing total contributions to state elections and initiatives for even year elections from 2002 to 2012.

Total spent overall was a little over $141 million, the rest was Wineries/Distillers, Brewers, & Retailers. So a big chuck (the $90 million) was by Wholesalers.

My favorite quote: "Keep in mind, despite the fact that in most states producers and retailers are REQUIRED to do business with wholesalers, wholesalers are NOT REQUIRED to do business with producers or retailers."

*** MICHIGAN IS A GO ***

Effective immediately.

yippee..

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
Winedavid39 wrote:*** MICHIGAN IS A GO ***

Effective immediately.

yippee..

Congrats!

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

MarkDaSpark

Effective immediately.

yippee..

Woot!

chipgreen

Effective immediately.

yippee..

I think you mean... woopdedoo!
Rick will be a happy camper.

Congrats and please knock some heads together or whatever it takes to keep adding states.

chukon99

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chukon99

Effective immediately.

yippee..

Whoo-hoo! It's party time once again!

kylemittskus

Massachusetts is going to debate direct shipping Nov. 12th. There's a thread about it that explains it, lists email addresses, and info if you want to get involved.

WF

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WF

Can WineWoot just send me an email when WV is back on the list, so I can quit wasting my time coming here to check?????

Savagesam37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Savagesam37
WF wrote:Can WineWoot just send me an email when WV is back on the list, so I can quit wasting my time coming here to check?????

Being from Kansas I can relate. In the mean time we should rename this particular thread Whine Woot!