MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mother wrote:Alles machts nichts wenn mutter hat gesprochen!

I was 14 when I was an exchange student in Germany. Was a very formative and positive experience (except for the amount I spend to travel as an adult, I guess...). You never know what a few years from now will bring in life.

So is that what they call changelings now? You were exchanged? It explains so much!

Kudos to your parents for letting you go!

Edit: It's been a while! Now is it Spolith? Or Otoarky? I remember! It's Sparkolith!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Remember, tomorrow is Friday the 13th!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
MarkDaSpark wrote:So is that what they call changelings now? You were exchanged? It explains so much!

Kudos to your parents for letting you go!

After years of telling me to go play in the street they resorted to that... ;)

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

...and today has been a shining example of why, despite my love and respect for this group, I'd never ask for opinions on a personal subject from you all

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
cheron98 wrote:...and today has been a shining example of why, despite my love and respect for this group, I'd never ask for opinions on a personal subject from you all

Are you sure? Because we have answers. Lots of answers.

klezman

quality posts: 129 Private Messages klezman
cheron98 wrote:...and today has been a shining example of why, despite my love and respect for this group, I'd never ask for opinions on a personal subject from you all

Wait wait wait....you mean categorical and definitive answers regarding somebody else's family based on your own experience and priorities and prejudices shouldn't rule the day? Hrm, never thought of that...

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

chemvictim wrote:Are you sure? Because we have answers. Lots of answers.

Do you have an answer for the question about drinking wine with El Jefe tonight? Because that FB photo was very rubber chickeny. That question, btw, is "what were y'all drinking and how was it?"

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

mother wrote:After years of telling me to go play in the street they resorted to that... ;)

MarkDaSpark

That's okay, we'll give them to you anyway!

mother

*rubs his eyes*
I think you've confused yourself with someone else :P lol

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

So, my kitchen remodel I was starting back in, oh, May, still is not started, much less finished. My original contractor just kind of fell off the face of the earth (no contract or money paid thankfully). So, we are in the process of interviewing new ones (though I think I found one). We'll start in October I guess, wont take more than a few days, I dont' have a palatial kitchen. BUT, I have found my light bulbs! Yes, you read that right, light bulbs. I'm excited about light bulbs. Why? I'm a complete nerd, that's why.

Oh, and this is assuredly my under cabinet lighting!

I'm such a nerd.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mother

bhodilee wrote:So, my kitchen remodel I was starting back in, oh, May, still is not started, much less finished. My original contractor just kind of fell off the face of the earth (no contract or money paid thankfully). So, we are in the process of interviewing new ones (though I think I found one). We'll start in October I guess, wont take more than a few days, I dont' have a palatial kitchen. BUT, I have found my light bulbs! Yes, you read that right, light bulbs. I'm excited about light bulbs. Why? I'm a complete nerd, that's why.

Oh, and this is assuredly my under cabinet lighting!

I'm such a nerd.

Sorry you seem to have caught whatever disease I had w/r/t my decks+contractors...

bhodilee

mother wrote:Sorry you seem to have caught whatever disease I had w/r/t my decks+contractors...

First thing I thought of actually. I've used this guy before and he does excellent work cheap so it was a no brainer. Then he got a job remodeling an entire hardware store (huge bucks), but never bothered to call me and say, hey, sorry, can't pass this up. I found out from his wife, but have never heard from him. So he's done. Next guy wanted 4 times for less work. Guy I likely will go with is friends with a friend of my FIL and his friend (retired contractor) swears by the guy and he gave a good price (under the first guy actually). I'll likely have to do the wiring myself, but really wiring is easy. Fill bucket with water, stand in bucket barefoot, touch live wire to tongue. Simple!

Edit: I get a kick out of the thought of a hardware store paying a contractor to remodel by the way.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Just because you ask for opinions, doesn't mean you have to listen to any of them. And I'm pretty sure the reading of the opinions is fun.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

chemvictim

klezman wrote:Do you have an answer for the question about drinking wine with El Jefe tonight? Because that FB photo was very rubber chickeny. That question, btw, is "what were y'all drinking and how was it?"

There was a TO tasting at a wine bar in Carson City. It was nice, but people do look at you funny when you walk down the street carrying a rubber chicken.

We tasted viognier, potty mouth red, river of skulls, tempranillo, and syrah. Very yummy.

chemvictim

Hey Coloradans, are y'all okay? CNN says you have "biblical" flooding over there.

bhodilee

chemvictim wrote:Hey Coloradans, are y'all okay? CNN says you have "biblical" flooding over there.

Coors light production is threatened! Yay

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

crazy day... first thing I get a call from one of my best friends..... her brother died today...totally unexpectedly.... then the kids in all the classes were totally off the wall bonkers!!! nasty looking weather..... I have her 3 kids here...house is totally crazy with kids... hope everyone else had a better day!!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
mommadeb1 wrote:crazy day... first thing I get a call from one of my best friends..... her brother died today...totally unexpectedly.... then the kids in all the classes were totally off the wall bonkers!!! nasty looking weather..... I have her 3 kids here...house is totally crazy with kids... hope everyone else had a better day!!

Tough day. Great that you are helping your friend by taking care of her kids. Hope you can unwind and enjoy the weekend.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:Coors light production is threatened! Yay

Sadly, Golden CO is in the mountains, so no threat due to flooding.

klezman

chemvictim wrote:There was a TO tasting at a wine bar in Carson City. It was nice, but people do look at you funny when you walk down the street carrying a rubber chicken.

We tasted viognier, potty mouth red, river of skulls, tempranillo, and syrah. Very yummy.

Sounds awesome...can't wait for El Jefe to venture down to LA. And if you guys decide to make a drive one of these days we'll most definitely host a gathering in your honour.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
polarbear22 wrote:Tough day. Great that you are helping your friend by taking care of her kids. Hope you can unwind and enjoy the weekend.

its all ok...she came and got the kids... she seems to be ok.... tomorrow is mr. mommadebs birthday... will be out an about..

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

I might be driving to my sister's place in Corona/Ontario area sometime soon. Maybe will make a trip to the LA area for a night. However, I will have the dog with me. Nieces request a visit from the dog. Silly girls.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
CAGrl wrote:I might be driving to my sister's place in Corona/Ontario area sometime soon. Maybe will make a trip to the LA area for a night. However, I will have the dog with me. Nieces request a visit from the dog. Silly girls.

That's right by us. I'm sure I can convince Taylor to come. And the rest of the riff raft will show, I'm sure. And we have 2 dogs already.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
kylemittskus wrote:That's right by us. I'm sure I can convince Taylor to come. And the rest of the riff raft will show, I'm sure. And we have 2 dogs already.

Cool. My sister's been bugging me to come visit since she moved back down there recently. I've been hesitant but maybe I can convince her to come with me and her hubby can watch the kids and the dogs.

Where do you guys live? She lives in Eastvale to be exact.

bahwm

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm
chemvictim wrote:There was a TO tasting at a wine bar in Carson City. It was nice, but people do look at you funny when you walk down the street carrying a rubber chicken.

Um . . . I had thought of picking one of them up for my Hall Pass at school, and then, on second thought, decided against it!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

klezman

CAGrl wrote:I might be driving to my sister's place in Corona/Ontario area sometime soon. Maybe will make a trip to the LA area for a night. However, I will have the dog with me. Nieces request a visit from the dog. Silly girls.

molarchae and I would most definitely show at Kyle's. You're also welcome to stay at our place, but it's west LA. i.e. about 45 minutes west on I-10 from Kyle, in good traffic.

rjquillin

quality posts: 182 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:molarchae and I would most definitely show at Kyle's. You're also welcome to stay at our place, but it's west LA. i.e. about 45 minutes west on I-10 from Kyle, in good traffic.

And I'll vouch for a very comfortable and accommodating inflatable. Bed, not doll.

CT

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:Um . . . I had thought of picking one of them up for my Hall Pass at school, and then, on second thought, decided against it!

So has D-dog put up the sign yet?

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:And I'll vouch for a very comfortable and accommodating inflatable. Bed, not doll.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
MarkDaSpark wrote:Sadly, Golden CO is in the mountains, so no threat due to flooding.

Seriously? Get a new map, amigo. My nephew's wedding was nearly called off yesterday because of the flooding in the mountains.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ddeuddeg

klezman wrote:molarchae and I would most definitely show at Kyle's. You're also welcome to stay at our place, but it's west LA. i.e. about 45 minutes west on I-10 from Kyle, in good traffic.

Sadly, the "good traffic" is between 3:12AM and 4:37AM.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:So has D-dog put up the sign yet?

Not yet, but it should happen this coming week. Fortunately, no one has started yet, but it's only a matter of time.
I have another sign to put up, too. Last spring, the city was replacing street signs, and a buddy of mine got us each one that says Division Street. Seems like just the thing for a math classroom. A bit more problematic, that one. It's 12 x 54 inches.

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Seriously? Get a new map, amigo. My nephew's wedding was nearly called off yesterday because of the flooding in the mountains.

Sheesh, you need to eat a Snickers dude. You're not yourself when you're hungry. Or forced to go to the Farmer's Market.

rjquillin

quality posts: 182 Private Messages rjquillin
ddeuddeg wrote:Sadly, the "good traffic" is between 3:12AM and 4:37AM.

And "ok" traffic ends ~05:53, Sunday; precisely why I get up and head back south at 05:00 after an evening of consumption with the LA reprobates.

CT

ddeuddeg

ddeuddeg wrote:Seriously? Get a new map, amigo. My nephew's wedding was nearly called off yesterday because of the flooding in the mountains.

EDIT: Was called off yesterday. Now scheduled for 6:30PM or 8:00PM tonight in Longmont, depending on whether you believe the groom's mother or the bride.

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:Sheesh, you need to eat a Snickers dude. You're not yourself when you're hungry. Or forced to go to the Farmer's Market.

ME?! You're the one who can't recognize when someone's messing with you. Obviously, you and bowtie were both kidding around. I thought it was equally obvious that I was yanking your chain. I guess the "delicate flower" has sensitivities other than cold (<80°F.) temperatures.

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:ME?! You're the one who can't recognize when someone's messing with you. Obviously, you and bowtie were both kidding around. I thought it was equally obvious that I was yanking your chain. I guess the "delicate flower" has sensitivities other than cold (<80°F.) temperatures.

And you couldn't get it with both the and the kidding about the Farmer's Market?

Especially with the Snickers joke?

And hope the wedding goes off on time. Whichever time, that is.

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:And hope the wedding goes off on time. Whichever time, that is.

It's now scheduled for 7PM, with the reception tomorrow at 2. Thanks for the good wishes, good buddy.

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:And you couldn't get it with both the and the kidding about the Farmer's Market?

Especially with the Snickers joke?