bahwm

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm

Awwww! ddeuddeg! You broke up my post slutting! Grrrrrr!

Edit: Urg! Top! Totally messes up post slutting!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:Oh! Memes Galore!....sooo tired. I was outside doing P.E. all day... 90+ with super high humidity.. plus I did the same exercises I had the kids do....all 7 classes!! at least I got a good workout today... hopefully my back won't go out, as this was my first workout sine it has healed...

The beginning of the school year is soooo difficult to adjust to--don't mess up your back again!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

InFrom

quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom
bahwm wrote:The beginning of the school year is soooo difficult to adjust to--don't mess up your back again!

OK, go to sleep already!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
klezman wrote:shul = synagogue
shofar = ram's horn made into a trumpet-like horn

But is the shofar BioDynamic?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
klezman wrote:shul = synagogue
shofar = ram's horn made into a trumpet-like horn

Thank you.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

TGIF, folks.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:But is the shofar BioDynamic?

It's tough to blow when full of manure and crystals. And it's no longer BD if used as a manure launcher.

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 182 Private Messages rjquillin
polarbear22 wrote:Thank you.

this wasn't supposed to go here...
but I'm sure PB would also be welcome!

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 182 Private Messages rjquillin
ThunderThighs wrote:TGIF, folks.

Working this weekend, or flying out to visit us at the PS tasting tomorrow?

CT

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

TT, you have a PM.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

ThunderThighs

Staff

rjquillin wrote:Working this weekend, or flying out to visit us at the PS tasting tomorrow?

Not working (although I always check my sites). Son's last weekend home before we head to GA on Thurs to move him into his dorm. Packing is in our future.

JOATMON wrote:TT, you have a PM.

Answered!

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
ThunderThighs wrote:Son's last weekend home before we head to GA on Thurs to move him into his dorm. Packing is in our future.

I thought that was last month, and that was your excuse for not attending the wootception.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ThunderThighs

Staff

ddeuddeg wrote:I thought that was last month, and that was your excuse for not attending the wootception.

I think I said I had just bought tickets for it. $$$$ you know.

FORUM MODERATOR

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
ThunderThighs wrote:TGIF, folks.

mommadeb1

TT please refresh my very tired brain..where in GA will your son be going? Hopefully to the great UGA?

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:I'm not sure even labeling will help--all of my things that ended up in the hall/trash last week were labeled with my name! We have a new time schedule: we have to be in school by 7:40. Students may arrive into homeroom at 7:45 and Period 1 starts at 8:00. Classes go until 2:12 and we have to stay until 2:55--although I usually leave between 3:30 and 4. My schedule is very interesting this year: I am free periods 1 & 9 and I have lunch during period 5--starting at 10:45--brunch anybody? I am on deck all the rest of the time! 3 in a row lunch 3 in a row.

My classes went well today. It seems like I have some really nice students this year--a lot of girls. Last year, I had a lot of boys. Very strange.

I am sooooo exhausted, again! I came home and slept for one hour straight. I think I could have slept through to morning! Heading to bed, soon. Good night y'all!

Wow you guys start early for middle school! Our middle school starts at 9:20 and is out at 3:40. Our elementary starts at 8:30 high school starts 7:30

Glad to hear you have some good kids... still wishing you luck with the crazy other person!!!!

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
mommadeb1 wrote:Wow you guys start early for middle school! Our middle school starts at 9:20 and is out at 3:40. Our elementary starts at 8:30 high school starts 7:30

Glad to hear you have some good kids... still wishing you luck with the crazy other person!!!!

Just read an interesting article about how they are now coming to realize that they have the whole start the older kids first thing backwards.

Teenagers need sleep, little kids are up at the asscrack of dawn naturally...

klezman

quality posts: 129 Private Messages klezman
kylemittskus wrote:That is not easy to blow, by the way.

(Who's taking this pitch?)

Just like a trumpet!

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bahwm

mother wrote:Just read an interesting article about how they are now coming to realize that they have the whole start the older kids first thing backwards.

That's old news! But I'd be interested in reading the article. Do you have a link? BTW, I'm still a teenager!

ThunderThighs

Staff

mommadeb1 wrote:TT please refresh my very tired brain..where in GA will your son be going? Hopefully to the great UGA?

SCAD. I'll let you play googlefu with that.

FORUM MODERATOR

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:SCAD. I'll let you play googlefu with that.

Spoiled Children and Demons?

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

ThunderThighs wrote:SCAD. I'll let you play googlefu with that.

silly child already discussed?

ThunderThighs

Staff

ROFL
Savannah College of Art & Design
But you probably already figured that out.

FORUM MODERATOR

mommadeb1

ThunderThighs wrote:ROFL

nice!

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 19 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
ThunderThighs wrote:ROFL

SCAD is an excellent school and Savannah has a wonderful historic district with the added bonus that you can legally walk around drinking your wine (or other alcoholic beverage) in a disposable cup.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Alright, the time has come for me to open up to my woot family and ask for prayers. Mom has been going through some very severe depression coupled with anxiety attacks, and we're going on two weeks of this now. She's been prescribed some stuff but it's not really doing a whole lot just yet. She also has a surgery scheduled for Monday. It's been very hard. Please keep us in your prayers - ask for peace and healing for mom and strength and wisdom for dad, my sister, and myself as we go through this. Thanks.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bahwm

cheron98 wrote:Alright, the time has come for me to open up to my woot family and ask for prayers. Mom has been going through some very severe depression coupled with anxiety attacks, and we're going on two weeks of this now. She's been prescribed some stuff but it's not really doing a whole lot just yet. She also has a surgery scheduled for Monday. It's been very hard. Please keep us in your prayers - ask for peace and healing for mom and strength and wisdom for dad, my sister, and myself as we go through this. Thanks.

Sorry to hear about all of this. Prayer line activated. Call if you need to.

ThunderThighs

Staff

cheron98 wrote:Alright, the time has come for me to open up to my woot family and ask for prayers. Mom has been going through some very severe depression coupled with anxiety attacks, and we're going on two weeks of this now. She's been prescribed some stuff but it's not really doing a whole lot just yet. She also has a surgery scheduled for Monday. It's been very hard. Please keep us in your prayers - ask for peace and healing for mom and strength and wisdom for dad, my sister, and myself as we go through this. Thanks.

So sorry to hear this. FWIW: anti-depressants can take a few weeks to take affect.

FORUM MODERATOR

mommadeb1

consider it done! sending hugs your way!

klezman

quality posts: 129 Private Messages klezman

Hugs! Hope the meds and surgery take care of business. molarchae and I have you guys in our thoughts...

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cheron98

ThunderThighs wrote:So sorry to hear this. FWIW: anti-depressants can take a few weeks to take affect.

Yeah we know. She's got Zoloft for the long term and xanax and vistaril for the in between while waiting for Zoloft to build up.

MarkDaSpark

Prayers on the way.

I'm sorry I didn't make it out for the wedding now, she wouldn't have it after meeting me.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
ThunderThighs wrote:So sorry to hear this. FWIW: anti-depressants can take a few weeks to take affect.

I was going to say the exact same thing. Sorry, Cat.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Lots of hugs Cat, here is to hoping she gets better. Maybe having the surgery being over will help

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
MarkDaSpark wrote:I'm sorry I didn't make it out for the wedding now, she wouldn't have it after meeting me.

What? Being thankful she was marrying HAK instead of other possibilities?

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

cheron98

tiger7610 wrote:Lots of hugs Cat, here is to hoping she gets better. Maybe having the surgery being over will help

We hope so. One less thing to worry about, although we won't be totally free of worry from it until they are able to tell us if the mass in her ovary is malign or not. The doc doesn't think it is, so we keep praying it isn't. She'll be laid up for 2 weeks after at least, and I'm thinking the two weeks of forced rest with pain meds will be good, and the Zoloft should be kicking in at the end of it.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Prayers for you and the family. Tough illness for others to deal with. Hope you hold up well.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

zTimothyBz wrote:What? Being thankful she was marrying HAK instead of other possibilities?

Well, as a secondary goal.

Cat did say that everyone was looking forward to meeting the infamous El Sparky.

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, as a secondary goal.

Cat did say that everyone was looking forward to meeting the infamous El Sparky.

wkdpanda

quality posts: 11 Private Messages wkdpanda
mother wrote:Just read an interesting article about how they are now coming to realize that they have the whole start the older kids first thing backwards.

Which is just a bunch of Baloney Slimed Tufted Nuggets.

Teenagers need sleep - then go to bed before 1am. That is all on the parents.

No, in reality - its the working parents, who have to commute who are pushing this. Easier to get little kids off to the bus before going to work, and trusting your teen to make it without needing someone to hold their hand.

----------------
Andy the Wicked Panda