kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
MarkDaSpark wrote:Can I help it if we went to Stone Brewing in Escondido on Monday and filled our growlers with their golden brews?

Even a growler with wootStout!

We were there last week. They were out of the wootstout, though. The chicken yakisoba was delicious, though.

Edit: meh.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
kylemittskus wrote:

Haha. Nice

rjquillin

quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:We were there last week. They were out of the wootstout, though. The chicken yakisoba was delicious, though.

You get that close to SD and don't even announce!?

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
kylemittskus wrote:We were there last week. They were out of the wootstout, though. The chicken yakisoba was delicious, though.

We went on Monday because they would have 17 Anniversary IPA and Enjoy By 09.13.13 on tap (and bottles). Wootstout on tap was a happy occurance.

We were also going to go to Phil's for BBQ, except who knew they were closed on Mondays?

And of course, it wouldn't be a family vacation without the drama! The plan was to go on the 12:00 tour, and if late, go on the 1:00 one. Sadly, we were late, and the next tour was at 2:00! (Tours every hour was only on the weekends! Thanks Stone for the ever-changing web page! )

So of course there was drama as a result. Especially since the two drivers (my nephew and I) were going on the tour, instead of making sure one driver didn't care about Stone.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:You get that close to SD and don't even announce!?

Of course! We're scared of your Mayor!!!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:Of course! We're scared of your Mayor!!!

He has been so underground the past two~three weeks, haven't heard of a single sighting. Locks changed on his office too; take you choice of which explanation to believe. Protests today; hundreds for recall, three or four supporting no recall. Signatures are now getting collected. San Diego used to be a nice sleepy Navy town..

CT

kylemittskus

rjquillin wrote:You get that close to SD and don't even announce!?

If it were SWMBO and I, we would have emailed. It was my best friend's birthday (the one you called the "grill master") at the gathering.

rjquillin

kylemittskus wrote:If it were SWMBO and I, we would have emailed. It was my best friend's birthday (the one you called the "grill master") at the gathering.

The custom burgers were awesome, a tip of the hat!

CT

kylemittskus

Just bought 22oz of the wootstout because I was dying to try it.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

Back to school/work tomorrow..... yippie!! (not!!!)
We will see how many people I will be filling in for....so far it's 2 almost 3...

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:Just bought 22oz of the wootstout because I was dying to try it.

Wasn't bad, but still prefer their Imperial Russian Stout, or better yet, their Imperial Espresso Russian Stout!

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
mommadeb1 wrote:Back to school/work tomorrow..... yippie!! (not!!!)
We will see how many people I will be filling in for....so far it's 2 almost 3...

Have a good first real day back. Remember: It's all about the kids!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
bahwm wrote:Have a good first real day back. Remember: It's all about the kids!

This flies directly in the face of my life philosophy!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
bahwm wrote:Have a good first real day back. Remember: It's all about the kids!

bhodilee wrote:This flies directly in the face of my life philosophy!

From last week's pub, but posted in response to my comment. bowtie, I know what you mean. Maybe I should have said we do it all for the kids. We do all that we can do so that they can learn well--despite all the crap that goes on. I am so unhappy about having to teach all five of my classes on a cart. I do not even know how many rooms I will be in yet, and whose rooms these will be. Last year, our Assistant Principal, now our Principal said that we should not be in more than two rooms. Yeah, right. I will be teaching Periods 2, 3, 4, 6 & 8 at this point. I cannot see one room being free, at that time of day, for three periods in a row. Then, for 6 & 8, no matter how or where, I still have to pack up my cart and leave whatever room I will be in! I will be spending my entire day packing and unpacking! What a waste of time!

Last week, I already started my back to school anxiety sleeplessness. All of this uncertainty doesn't help. I need to find a way to personalize my cart and make it efficient so that my students have access to work for when they were absent; the current days' work and then, for me, all of the stuff that I need to make my class run smoothly. I also do not know if I will be teaching in classrooms with some kind of "smart board" or not, or a mix of classrooms where I might need to use overheads in some and "smart boards" in others. Whatever it takes, I have to be the best teacher possible for my students. I have to get them excited about learning French and keep that excitement and their interested going, despite all of the obstacles that are put in my way.

Last year, during my formal observation, one of the kids asked a question which lent itself perfectly to going to the back of the room to point out something on the map of France that I had there. I referred to that moment during my post-ob conference. I mentioned that that was one of those teachable moments that allowed me to EASILY use the map in the back of my room to illustrate whatever was asked. Traveling, I won't have a large wall map of France in every room. If I can find one that I really find as useful as that one for my computer, I would still need to boot it up and take more time.

OK. Enough of that. As teachers, as parents, I think we want to do what is best for our kids so that they can become the best that they can be--a little cliché, but I think it works. Off to shower and our dance lesson--maybe some salsa or samba will help!

EDIT: Urg! I tried to post in the new pub and it wound up here! Sorry! I'll try to post it over there!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast