rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
mother wrote:Just take cold showers until Monday ;)

PS I hate water heaters... But I think my next one may be one of these...

Looks good. Actually there were a few that looked considerably better than what I ended up with, but were special order and wouldn't arrive until 8/24; SWMBO would have a huge issue with that! I'd like also to install a small flash heater near the kitchen so I didn't have to wait and waste the 60~75 feet of water between there and the tank.

Then again, I'd rather be at Tim's consuming massive quantities of grape juice to forget this altogether.

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
rjquillin wrote:Looks good. Actually there were a few that looked considerably better than what I ended up with, but were special order and wouldn't arrive until 8/24; SWMBO would have a huge issue with that! I'd like also to install a small flash heater near the kitchen so I didn't have to wait and waste the 60~75 feet of water between there and the tank.

Then again, I'd rather be at Tim's consuming massive quantities of grape juice to forget this altogether.

Why weren't you?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Beach Week!!!

Smell you guys later!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:Beach Week!!!

Smell you guys later!!

Say hi to el jefe for me and the rest of the fam.

CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
rjquillin wrote:Looks good. Actually there were a few that looked considerably better than what I ended up with, but were special order and wouldn't arrive until 8/24; SWMBO would have a huge issue with that! I'd like also to install a small flash heater near the kitchen so I didn't have to wait and waste the 60~75 feet of water between there and the tank.

must be something with water heaters...we thought our element went bad...good thing we use solar for most of the heating.. but mr. mommadeb found out somehow the thermostat got turned down, which makes no sense as it is in the water heater!! oh well....

mommadeb1

have fun!!
Smell you guys later!!

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta

Today I learned how to process rabbits. It was actually quite simple, but labor intensive.

Now that I have a full rabbit with liver, kidneys, and heart....

Does anyone out there have a great recipe? Right now I am just looking through various ones online...

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother

Smell you guys later!!

Just got back from spending the afternoon fishing... Course my trusty friends were hours late so we got to fish the outgoing high tide instead of incoming. And the bait shop I was counting on was out of business so my grand plans to 'chunk' went out the window!

One of these days I'm going to need to find a good way to cook sea robin, because it seems counter productive to keep releasing them!

But none the less a good time was had, and there will be sunburn.

mommadeb1

trifecta wrote:Today I learned how to process rabbits. It was actually quite simple, but labor intensive.

Does anyone out there have a great recipe? Right now I am just looking through various ones online...

I haven't had rabbit in forever....quite tasty!! I think the last time it was in a stew? or maybe roasted?

mommadeb1

well that just sucks. I went to get some wine out of the white wine fridge.....and it appears the dogs have unplugged it!! it has been long enough that the bottles were not chilled at all....so think everything will be ok now that it is plugged back in?

edit: and my back is still messed up...

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
trifecta wrote:Today I learned how to process rabbits. It was actually quite simple, but labor intensive.

With some German roots, we grew up with hassenpfeffer. More of a winter dish, like French cassoulet, and I suppose you could even use the rabbit as a meat in that as well.

CT

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Smell you guys later!!

Sounds fun. Enjoy!

I am NOT customer service.
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
rjquillin wrote:With some German roots, we grew up with hassenpfeffer. More of a winter dish, like French cassoulet, and I suppose you could even use the rabbit as a meat in that as well.

Going to try this with the hind legs. Will try a stew with the rib cage piece and some other method for the back strap. If only I knew how to make the rabbits fritters I've had in the past, delicious. Now to decant a pinot and a Halcon Prado. Yum

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
mommadeb1 wrote:I haven't had rabbit in forever....quite tasty!! I think the last time it was in a stew? or maybe roasted?

I haven't eaten rabbit in forever, but the great-horned owls that live around here feast on them! I find rabbit carcasses all over the place when I mow the lawn. If I'm lucky, they're on the lawn. Sometimes they like to leave it on the deck. lol

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

bahwm

quality posts: 28 Private Messages bahwm
zTimothyBz wrote:Good luck!

Or, you could bring the certain Girl from Germany to the Wootception! Don't know when we'll be in SoCal next.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast