kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

pseudogourmet98: check PMs

Edit: are we still doing this?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cortot20

quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20
rjquillin wrote:While we're on the shipping/receiving topic, FedEx received a UPS Lot18 shipment for me yesterday, and sent some email:

"The brown van pooped out a brown box."

I love this FedEx office location and staff.

lol, mine just refuse them and then I have to figure out how to get the package. What has happened in the past is that Fedex refuses it and it goes back to woot. I then have to contact woot and give them the option to cancel or reship. They cancel........

CT

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
rjquillin wrote:While we're on the shipping/receiving topic, FedEx received a UPS Lot18 shipment for me yesterday, and sent some email:

"The brown van pooped out a brown box."

I love this FedEx office location and staff.

ddeuddeg & I decided that we had better try the brown box that got pooped on by our FedEx office twice--and was returned to Cali twice and FINALLY arrived here more than a month later! The BV was/is still in very drinkable condition--fortunately!

Edit: Remember, this was from a site that claimed to use FedEx but changed their shipping plans for the summer but didn't change the info on their website! It took several emails by both ddeuddeg and me to get them to change their shipping info--finally, they did! Nothing like wasting company money on shipping costs!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rjquillin

quality posts: 167 Private Messages rjquillin
cortot20 wrote:lol, mine just refuse them and then I have to figure out how to get the package. What has happened in the past is that Fedex refuses it and it goes back to woot. I then have to contact woot and give them the option to cancel or reship. They cancel........

Fortunately, my FedEx Office will generally accept even brown boxes. In this case, the L18 was just glassware, so it could have yoyo'd and not mattered. A couple years ago I lost a couple of fans from a woot-off that mother-ship used UPS for. I really could have used them too.

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 175 Private Messages chipgreen
Cesare wrote:Interesting.. this could be good I guess.
USPS eyes alcohol deliveries

"..... as the agency considers ways to raise revenue and save money after losing $16 billion last year."

and....

"Donahoe said delivering alcohol has the potential to raise as much as $50 million a year"

Great, 319 more ideas just like that one and they'll break even!

Winedavid39

quality posts: 196 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Cesare wrote:Interesting.. this could be good I guess.
USPS eyes alcohol deliveries

keeping an eye on this.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 173 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
kylemittskus wrote:Pass on Dragon Tattoo, read Gladwell's "Outliers" while you're at it, and Zombie Guide is funny.

I actually liked the Dragon Tattoo series.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

So, expected 2 sets of this:

Got two sets of Cityscape mugs. With two broken handles (one a duplicate NYC, other was Paris).

Set 1: NYC, Chicago, Paris, broken NYC

Set 2: NYC, Chicago, London, broken Paris

If I wanted Cityscape mugs, I would have ordered them. I wanted Coffee mugs!!!!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom

Happy birthday to one of our greatest Americans. Now streaming to a device near you. http://www.studentaffairs.columbia.edu/wkcr/story/louis-armstrong-birthday-broadcast-sunday-august-4th-all-day

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
ThunderThighs wrote:I'll have you know that it took me a long time to find a good engagement one. Been looking since Sparky suggested it a few weeks ago. So you can blame him.

Should've known.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:Should've known.

I blame Corrado!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

well, it appears that I have managed to kill off another major appliance! For some reason, major appliances don't last in my house! Even repair people can't believe the problems I have! This time it was the dishwasher.. I bought it 1 year and 2 months ago! No problem I thought, bought the extended warranty and when I did, they said that I would get a replacement if something went wrong. So I went to the store expecting to get my replacement.....ha ha ha...nope, the tell me I get what I paid applied to the dishwasher I pick out. because they don't make that model anymore (what a surprise). Seeing how I got mine at a super sale price I have to pay the difference...long story short and two days of researching..I realize I can't afford all the features I had before ie stainless steel tub and hard food disposal... I had a samsung and the new one is a whirlpool... had to buy a new extended warranty as they credited my "unused" portion. So I ended up paying about $52 to get my new dishwasher.... couldn't justify paying another $200 for the one I wanted, figured this one wont last too long..... but the Sour Patch of it all was dealing with the salespeople and it took about 30 min to get checked out as nothing was ringing up right and they weren't going to credit my full purchase price...(had to go to customer service to check out) they only had one manager on duty and we had to wait forever for him to finish with other customers!!! grrrrrrrr..... now I have to battle with LG for my washer, the lid is all rusted (it's only 2 years old) and that is cosmetic and not covered under warranty!!! I swear I should be a in home product tester !!

chipgreen

quality posts: 175 Private Messages chipgreen
MarkDaSpark wrote:I actually liked the Dragon Tattoo series.

I avoided the movie because I wanted to read the book first although I haven't heard great things about the movie. Did you see it? If so, did it live up to your expectations?

rjquillin

chipgreen wrote:I avoided the movie because I wanted to read the book first although I haven't heard great things about the movie. Did you see it? If so, did it live up to your expectations?

Not read the book, no expectations, 6/10 on the movie, more than a bit contrived.

CT

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
rjquillin wrote:Not read the book, no expectations, 6/10 on the movie, more than a bit contrived.

Which movie? The original Swedish movie, or the American version?

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

JOATMON

rjquillin wrote:Not read the book, no expectations, 6/10 on the movie, more than a bit contrived.

If you thought the movie was contrived, the book was worse.

(as of 2011-03-02)

JOATMON

MarkDaSpark wrote:I actually liked the Dragon Tattoo series.

The Dragon Tattoo was the poster child for slow starting. I've told people to hang in there until about page 120. If what happens there doesn't hook you, don't force it.

I mean, really? Do I care what exact items she purchases at Ikea?

(as of 2011-03-02)

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Next attempt at infusions - pineapple infused rum. Nice thing about this, you also get rum-infused pineapple. One jar is spears, so can be used in drinks. Other jar was with chunks.

And my friend dropped off some nice hot peppers. So planning on pepper infused vodka. Possibly with garlic and basil. Intended as a bloody mary base.

This is fun.

EDIT: And testing the lime infused vodka with Pama for pomegranate martinis tonight.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

rjquillin

JOATMON wrote:Which movie? The original Swedish movie, or the American version?

Good question, without a good answer. Something that got DVR'd a few weeks ago I just watched, and deleted. How would I know? I really pay little attention to the casting.

CT

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
rjquillin wrote:Good question, without a good answer. Something that got DVR'd a few weeks ago I just watched, and deleted. How would I know? I really pay little attention to the casting.

I'm going with American. The Swedish version you would have had to read the subtitles. I liked the Swedish version better.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz
JOATMON wrote:What books are people reading?

I for some reason cannot find anything that looks intriguing, so I turn to y'all to see if there is something that you have been sucked into....

1. Happiest Toddler on the Block
2. 1-2-3 Magic
3. Your Five Year Old

All concurrently to better understand and parent my two little monkeys!

In between I get to watch some cool shows via Amazon Instant Video (free with Prime): Grimm, Fallling Skies, and Under the Dome

"The older I get the better I was"