cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
zTimothyBz wrote:(Sparky or CJ, you might want to update the gathering list to be Aug 10 - unless the 17th is still a possibility.

Did someone update the first post in the thread?

Otolith! (The new Sparky!)

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:New solution? PMs to those who don't know the rules about the magic bottles? Worked with emccarl.

Unfortunately, not all as as responsive, and some are just plain thick headed, but great when it works.

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
cheron98 wrote:Why, Kyle, that's so very reasonable and diplomatic! So...unlike you

It's entirely self-serving. I love when the FedEx guy brings me a surprise bottle. I don't want some (insert whatever you wish) ruining it for the rest of us.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
kylemittskus wrote:New solution? PMs to those who don't know the rules about the magic bottles? Worked with emccarl.

WHAT DID YOU DO WITH KYLE YOU RAT BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
bhodilee wrote:WHAT DID YOU DO WITH KYLE YOU RAT BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kylemittskus wrote:It's entirely self-serving. I love when the FedEx guy brings me a surprise bottle. I don't want some (insert whatever you wish) ruining it for the rest of us.

Absolutely nothing, apparently.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith

cjsiege wrote:Did someone update the first post in the thread?

Otolith! (The new Sparky!)

Ha!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

silly question time.....storing wine wine with screw tops... in wine fridge... upright or on their sides? does it make a difference?

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
kylemittskus wrote:It's entirely self-serving. I love when the FedEx guy brings me a surprise bottle. I don't want some (insert whatever you wish) ruining it for the rest of us.

Ah, that's more like it. I was worried

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

mommadeb1 wrote:silly question time.....storing wine wine with screw tops... in wine fridge... upright or on their sides? does it make a difference?

Doesn't matter. The purpose of storing cork wines sideways is to keep the cork moist. Don't have that problem with screw caps.

otolith

mommadeb1 wrote:silly question time.....storing wine wine with screw tops... in wine fridge... upright or on their sides? does it make a difference?

Either/or is fine.

--John Muir

mommadeb1

cheron98 wrote:Doesn't matter. The purpose of storing cork wines sideways is to keep the cork moist. Don't have that problem with screw caps.

I was just making sure... you know how you get a random thought?

mommadeb1

otolith wrote:Either/or is fine.

thanks!

cheron98

mommadeb1 wrote:I was just making sure... you know how you get a random thought?

That has never happened to me. I wonder if I can get the TARDIS sound for my ringtone.

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin

Not looking like you'll have to worry how to store your wine wine, 'cause your wine wine seems to be disappearing just fine fine.

CT

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
cheron98 wrote:That has never happened to me. I wonder if I can get the TARDIS sound for my ringtone.

+1

klezman

quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman

Me too! It's been a couple months now, though, aside from what we tasted at Kyle's. Wonder if I failed.

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bhodilee

klezman wrote:Me too! It's been a couple months now, though, aside from what we tasted at Kyle's. Wonder if I failed.

Gotta spread the love or you look like a shill

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

I have very sad news to share with my Woot family. An aunt to me for the past 10 years has passed away after a bad fall last night down the basement stairs of my grandmother's house where she and my uncle (who is living with the after-effects of a stroke many years ago) have been living. While trying to get down to help after the fall, my grandmother also had a fall down the same stairs cutting her leg pretty badly requiring a trip of her own to the hospital.
Please say some prayers for my grandmother, uncle, and family.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek

Of course, sending them their way. To you and Cheron as well. A lot to suddenly deal with. All my best hopes for your Grandmother to make a speedy recovery.

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:Not looking like you'll have to worry how to store your wine wine, 'cause your wine wine seems to be disappearing just fine fine.

edit: I'm making room for my Aug. Trip!! that is my story, and I'm sticking to it!!!

mommadeb1

HitAnyKey42 wrote:I have very sad news to share with my Woot family. An aunt to me for the past 10 years has passed away after a bad fall last night down the basement stairs of my grandmother's house where she and my uncle (who is living with the after-effects of a stroke many years ago) have been living. While trying to get down to help after the fall, my grandmother also had a fall down the same stairs cutting her leg pretty badly requiring a trip of her own to the hospital.

so sorry.....sending hugs your way

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

HitAnyKey42 wrote:I have very sad news to share with my Woot family. An aunt to me for the past 10 years has passed away after a bad fall last night down the basement stairs of my grandmother's house where she and my uncle (who is living with the after-effects of a stroke many years ago) have been living. While trying to get down to help after the fall, my grandmother also had a fall down the same stairs cutting her leg pretty badly requiring a trip of her own to the hospital.

Yikes! So sorry to hear this. Prayers sent.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

gregorylane

quality posts: 15 Private Messages gregorylane

Condolences HAK...Deb and I will be thinking about you!

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ThunderThighs wrote:Yikes! So sorry to hear this. Prayers sent.

+1

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee

nakedwines.com

Anyone have any experience there? I see Jefe is one of the winemakers. I've got a deal for $100 bucks off a case of 160 or more, thinking of going for a case of Jefe if the place is legit. He's active on it, so I'd guess yes, yes it is.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

My sympathy. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

kylemittskus

I'm still having issues with wine.woot sites loading while other sites that were opened at the same time load immediately.

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk
klezman wrote:Me too! It's been a couple months now, though, aside from what we tasted at Kyle's. Wonder if I failed.

me seventeen. Had a couple show up, but it's been months since...

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
ThunderThighs wrote:Yikes! So sorry to hear this. Prayers sent.

+1

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

Also, for those of you who might be wondering, ddeuddeg & I arrived safely in Paris on Wed evening. We are staying around the corner from the Sorbonne. We did a lot of walking today! We went to Notre Dame Cathedral, then to Sainte Chappelle followed by a walk through the Tuileries Gardens, went to the L'Orangerie and then, to the Musée d'Orsay. Had dinner and walked over to the Louvre to take some night pictures. Finally arrived back at the hotel about 12:20 am!

Sorry I sloughed off on writing from Monday on--I developed a bit of a fever that lasted about 15 hours and now, wifi is somewhat spotty. I'll try to catch up!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Also, for those of you who might be wondering, ddeuddeg & I arrived safely in Paris on Wed evening. We are staying around the corner from the Sorbonne. We did a lot of walking today! We went to Notre Dame Cathedral, then to Sainte Chappelle followed by a walk through the Tuileries Gardens, went to the L'Orangerie and then, to the Musée d'Orsay. Had dinner and walked over to the Louvre to take some night pictures. Finally arrived back at the hotel about 12:20 am!

Sorry I sloughed off on writing from Monday on--I developed a bit of a fever that lasted about 15 hours and now, wifi is somewhat spotty. I'll try to catch up!

glad your fever is gone! sounds like you guys are having a blast!!!!

cheron98

bahwm wrote:Also, for those of you who might be wondering, ddeuddeg & I arrived safely in Paris on Wed evening. We are staying around the corner from the Sorbonne. We did a lot of walking today! We went to Notre Dame Cathedral, then to Sainte Chappelle followed by a walk through the Tuileries Gardens, went to the L'Orangerie and then, to the Musée d'Orsay. Had dinner and walked over to the Louvre to take some night pictures. Finally arrived back at the hotel about 12:20 am!

It occurs to me that one of you (usually you) always seems to fall ill upon travel to Europe...

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

If they have a Woot-Off on Sellout, and no one comes, does a tree fall in the woods?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:If they have a Woot-Off on Sellout, and no one comes, does a tree fall in the woods?

If it did, they'd try to sell it in this wootoff

otolith

HAK--sorry to hear! That's aweful!

--John Muir

otolith

So, I bought a car! Finally. A 2014 Acura MDX SH-AWD with the tech package. It's awesome! It will be 3 wks ago tomorrow, which just happens to be 21 days, which just happens to be when the temporary license plates run out. First, I signed the form in the wrong place, so I had to go back to the dealer to fix that (you'd think they'd be able to tell me the correct place to sign since they're the experts at selling cars and having people sign loads of paperwork). So, did that. Next, I had to go get the plates (finally!). Put them on the car, and the tabs aren't on the plates! So, salesman says I've never seen this happen. I don't really want to drive there, so they will send them in the mail. I get the mail today, there's the letter, I open it up, and, guess what's missing? The tabs! I'm guessing they should say yes to wanting to drive them out to me to make sure I get them, no?

That doesn't even count trying to get the insurance crap figured out...

--John Muir

mommadeb1

Bahwm and D-dog...so glad you are out of spain!! Just saw the horrible train crash!!

kylemittskus

otolith wrote:So, I bought a car! Finally. A 2014 Acura MDX SH-AWD...

Uh...It's 2013 still. I don't understand far companies and their let's pretend its 6 months from now production pitch.

MIL drives an MDX (2010 maybe?) and she loves it.

mommadeb1

otolith wrote:So, I bought a car! Finally. A 2014 Acura MDX SH-AWD with the tech package. It's awesome! It will be 3 wks ago tomorrow, which just happens to be 21 days, which just happens to be when the temporary license plates run out. First, I signed the form in the wrong place, so I had to go back to the dealer to fix that (you'd think they'd be able to tell me the correct place to sign since they're the experts at selling cars and having people sign loads of paperwork). So, did that. Next, I had to go get the plates (finally!). Put them on the car, and the tabs aren't on the plates! So, salesman says I've never seen this happen. I don't really want to drive there, so they will send them in the mail. I get the mail today, there's the letter, I open it up, and, guess what's missing? The tabs! I'm guessing they should say yes to wanting to drive them out to me to make sure I get them, no?

That doesn't even count trying to get the insurance crap figured out...

congrats on the new ride!!

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
polarbear22 wrote:My sympathy. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Mine as well.