bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
MarkDaSpark wrote:Beach? In Nebraska???? Where's the Hershey's?

I laugh since no one e seelse asked!!

You need to remind the 2 year old that you brought him into this world, and you can take him out again! (Don't you just love Bill Cosby? )

Iowa actually. Lakes can have beaches!

I got made fun of by bill when I was a little kid

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
bhodilee wrote:These air conditioners on Home Woot. Anyone have experience? For whatever reason it gets hot as Hades in my bedroom. Just my bedroom though, not my daughters which is also upstairs and 10 feet down the hall. Probably because of my radiant awesome, I dunno. Anyway, I was thinking of a traditional window unit, but don't want to screw it into the window cause I just had the windows replaced. Do you have to screw the vents for these in or can you just shut the window over top of it? For that matter, on a traditional window unit, do you really need to screw it in or can the window itself hold it in place? If it DID fall out it would fall roughly 8 inches onto the roof (my window opens out onto teh roof because it's a story and a half home and the garage used to be next to my bedroom.) I'm guessing that's why it gets to damn hot in there because of the radiant energy coming off the roof. Any of you thermo engineer types wanna tell me how to prevent that from leaking into my room?

I'm trying to decide if I should get a window unit, or a central chiller (already have the central air in for heat).

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
chemvictim wrote:Wow. That really sucks. It sounds like you could use a kid-free, dog-free day off.

Yeah, with no mentos to screw it up.

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm

FINALLY? On the plane to Barcelona! Not sure when it will leave though! Economy comfort gives additional leg room but not a whole lot in seat width! We got stuck sitting in the center section with 4 seats. Funny how it's 10 pm & I'm ready to sleep!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:FINALLY? On the plane to Barcelona! Not sure when it will leave though! Economy comfort gives additional leg room but not a whole lot in seat width! We got stuck sitting in the center section with 4 seats. Funny how it's 10 pm & I'm ready to sleep!

safe travels!!

mommadeb1

Well... unexpected expense... tire had a nail in it...when I bought the tires I bought the extended warranty.... or so I thought.. turns out the salesman didn't add it to the invoice... so I was sol..... but the manager worked out a killer discount for me...I ended up getting 2 new tires...didn't want the ride to be unbalanced...(yes, I would tell the difference) so I guess it was a good thing I missed todays deal....grrrr...but I really wanted todays deal....

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
mommadeb1 wrote:I missed todays deal....grrrr...but I really wanted todays deal....

I feel your pain. I was first Loser today. SOL

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
mommadeb1 wrote:Well... unexpected expense... tire had a nail in it...when I bought the tires I bought the extended warranty.... or so I thought.. turns out the salesman didn't add it to the invoice... so I was sol..... but the manager worked out a killer discount for me...I ended up getting 2 new tires...didn't want the ride to be unbalanced...(yes, I would tell the difference) so I guess it was a good thing I missed todays deal....grrrr...but I really wanted todays deal....

sounds exactly like an encounter I had at Discount tire about six months ago, but the killer deal was just an ok deal.

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mommadeb1 wrote:Well... unexpected expense... tire had a nail in it...when I bought the tires I bought the extended warranty.... or so I thought.. turns out the salesman didn't add it to the invoice... so I was sol..... but the manager worked out a killer discount for me...I ended up getting 2 new tires...didn't want the ride to be unbalanced...(yes, I would tell the difference) so I guess it was a good thing I missed todays deal....grrrr...but I really wanted todays deal....

Luckily you know a kind soul who might sell you an extra bottle.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Itwdswafo

I keep forgetting that deals change at 10pm on this coast and not 1am. Second deal I've missed out on. Note to self: just buy it in the morning!

MarkDaSpark

Itwdswafo wrote:I keep forgetting that deals change at 10pm on this coast and not 1am. Second deal I've missed out on. Note to self: just buy it in the morning!

Um, you wouldn't have been able to buy it anyway ... it sold out earlier today (about 6 pm, according to cmaldoon's post in the thread).

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Finally arrived in Barcelona, after a 4 hour delay (with no offer of compensation). Off to do a walking tour after sitting forever.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Luckily you know a kind soul who might sell you an extra bottle.

for reals?

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:sounds exactly like an encounter I had at Discount tire about six months ago, but the killer deal was just an ok deal.

I ended up getting both tires, plus the extended warranty for the price of 1 tire! I was very happy!!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
mommadeb1 wrote:I ended up getting both tires, plus the extended warranty for the price of 1 tire! I was very happy!!

Gotta love shady business practices. Because they messed up, they basically honored the warranty you were supposed to have anyway (free tire), got you to buy an additional tire from them, at regular price, and will charge the other one back to their vendor as a warranty replacement for your original damaged tire.

Win, win for everyone I guess....

Why couldn't they just plug the nail hole in the first place? Was it through the side-wall?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:for reals?

Yes, duh! Will bring to the Wootception. So save a slot for it.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
North316 wrote:Gotta love shady business practices. Because they messed up, they basically honored the warranty you were supposed to have anyway (free tire), got you to buy an additional tire from them, at regular price, and will charge the other one back to their vendor as a warranty replacement for your original damaged tire.

Why couldn't they just plug the nail hole in the first place? Was it through the side-wall?

My thought as well. For anyone who has a Sam's membership and may not know, they'll patch tires free. You don't have to buy the tires there either.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
bhodilee wrote:My thought as well. For anyone who has a Sam's membership and may not know, they'll patch tires free. You don't have to buy the tires there either.

I got screwed too close to the side wall to allow patching, or so I was told.

[edit] What? no filters!

CT

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
bhodilee wrote:My thought as well. For anyone who has a Sam's membership and may not know, they'll patch tires free. You don't have to buy the tires there either.

Costco is the same way, though I'm unsure if the tires have to be purchased from Costco. Haven't had to try with a non-Costco tire...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Itwdswafo
MarkDaSpark wrote:Um, you wouldn't have been able to buy it anyway ... it sold out earlier today (about 6 pm, according to cmaldoon's post in the thread).

Ah, well still... Buy in the morning!

cheron98

Some very awesome things in the works for the Wootception... if you aren't already coming, why not? This IS the event you're looking for...

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

Finally got the Ardente pack from late June. No new shipping info, and the previous number had been sitting in "shipping info received" since June 26. I had been checking every couple days immediately thereafter, and probably lasted checked on Monday. Fedex won't allow "hold at location" until they actually have the package, nor could I request notifications. Rather annoying. For a while I was having stuff just sent to the fedex office, but that also caused some issues when things from multiple sites are ordered and consequently rejected due to different shipper. So, basically, I was really really lucky that I just happened to be working from home today, and my driver calls me before stopping by. /rant

mommadeb1

North316 wrote:Gotta love shady business practices. Because they messed up, they basically honored the warranty you were supposed to have anyway (free tire), got you to buy an additional tire from them, at regular price, and will charge the other one back to their vendor as a warranty replacement for your original damaged tire.

I know... but at least they are better than the other 3 places that totally screwed me over...they never prorated or honored what their salespeople said.... nail was right onthe edge of the sidewall... prob. could have had it plugged... but the tread was getting low.. ..

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
joelsisk wrote:Finally got the Ardente pack from late June. No new shipping info, and the previous number had been sitting in "shipping info received" since June 26. I had been checking every couple days immediately thereafter, and probably lasted checked on Monday. Fedex won't allow "hold at location" until they actually have the package, nor could I request notifications. Rather annoying. For a while I was having stuff just sent to the fedex office, but that also caused some issues when things from multiple sites are ordered and consequently rejected due to different shipper. So, basically, I was really really lucky that I just happened to be working from home today, and my driver calls me before stopping by. /rant

That's the fun of summer shipping for non-left coasters. Wine takes a hidden drive most the way across the country and then magically takes a 2-day fed ex trip to your delivery address. Not much room to intercept that package and hold at a location, and may even be bad for the wine because at least in my case, it usually sits on the truck all day and is dropped off at the fed ex store at the end of the day. I got a delivery today at 9:30 AM that didn't have any actual tracking activity until 8pm last night.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
cheron98 wrote:Some very awesome things in the works for the Wootception... if you aren't already coming, why not? This IS the event you're looking for...

+10

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

mommadeb1

cheron98 wrote:Some very awesome things in the works for the Wootception... if you aren't already coming, why not? This IS the event you're looking for...

I can't wait!!

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:Finally got the Ardente pack from late June. No new shipping info, and the previous number had been sitting in "shipping info received" since June 26. I had been checking every couple days immediately thereafter, and probably lasted checked on Monday. Fedex won't allow "hold at location" until they actually have the package, nor could I request notifications. Rather annoying. For a while I was having stuff just sent to the fedex office, but that also caused some issues when things from multiple sites are ordered and consequently rejected due to different shipper. So, basically, I was really really lucky that I just happened to be working from home today, and my driver calls me before stopping by. /rant

Thus the reason I used to have all my shipments go to my UPS Store box. They accept all shipments for my box.

Course, that was before I had wine shipments sent directly to my wine locker.

Edit: Now if I could only have the wine/beer/etc. come out to my car when I honk!!!

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Yes, duh! Will bring to the Wootception. So save a slot for it.

thanks!! you are awesome!!

MarkDaSpark

Now WD has Twisted Oak up? Has the man no shame? Or is it just college is more expensive?

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:Now WD has Twisted Oak up? Has the man no shame? Or is it just college is more expensive?

I'm going with no shame. Plus he's giving us excuses to promote the Wootception in the main thread. Cuz there will be awesomeness happening.

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Now WD has Twisted Oak up? Has the man no shame? Or is it just college is more expensive?

agggghhhhh!!!!! seriously? do I or do I not buy? what will my excuse be?????

edit: did we have this at the vegas bottling at Sanity's house?

cheron98

mommadeb1 wrote:agggghhhhh!!!!! seriously? do I or do I not buy? what will my excuse be?????

edit: did we have this at the vegas bottling at Sanity's house?

We had the 2005 vintage of this, so you have seen how well it ages.

MarkDaSpark

Really? Streaming video from 9am to 5pm PT of Woot employees eating cake? On the hope of somehow spotting the URL for a Bricks of Chocolate

Edit: They just had one up and missed it!

Around 9:35 am or so.

mommadeb1

cheron98 wrote:We had the 2005 vintage of this, so you have seen how well it ages.

I am pretty sure I really liked it ....... hmmmmmmmmm... now how do I justify this purchase?

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:I am pretty sure I really liked it ....... hmmmmmmmmm... now how do I justify this purchase?

More goodies you can bring back in August? See, you won't need to buy Viognier then!

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
cheron98 wrote:We had the 2005 vintage of this, so you have seen how well it ages.

Yeah, and the 2002-2004, iirc. All delicious. I wonder what sort of deals El Jefe will be giving us at the wootception, too...

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:Really? Streaming video from 9am to 5pm PT of Woot employees eating cake? On the hope of somehow spotting the URL for a Bricks of Chocolate

Edit: They just had one up and missed it!

Around 9:35 am or so.

The cake is a lie

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Does anyone want to split the offer? I only need a couple bottles of viognier. I'm in upstate NY

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
cheron98 wrote:The cake is a lie

The cake was great, so delicious and moist!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

MarkDaSpark

Sadly, we evidently won't get to see ThunderThighs on the video stream.