CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
cheron98 wrote:Several places are listed. El Jefe recommends reserving like NOW because the hotels fill up FAST in August with all the concerts at the wineries. Eric and I will be at The Dunbar House.

Or you can bring camping gear and camp out at the winery.

Cool. Yeah, camping is not hubby's thing. I will find the card and email you soon.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
cheron98 wrote:Weddings do wonders for helping you stick to not buying wine.

Speaking of which, my email has been shockingly lacking in responses. Are y'all waiting for a thread or something?

sorry, trying to figure out how I can make it.. should know soon...

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

I keep forgetting y'all don't plan like me

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
joelsisk wrote:some links for you
https://plus.google.com/u/0/115134242395508965886/posts/CgcsLTooHpp
http://money.cnn.com/gallery/technology/mobile/2013/05/02/galaxy-s4-htc-one/index.html
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/review/2265733/samsung-galaxy-s4-vs-htc-one-head-to-head-review

and that's all I feel like doing for you

Hey now, give me some credit. I already read those. I was hoping for more, yeah I or someone I know has phone X and loves/hates it because...

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mommadeb1

cheron98 wrote:I keep forgetting y'all don't plan like me

I figured I still had plenty of time left to let you know... I am a procrastinator

bhodilee

coynedj wrote:So, how do you like your pink kitchen?

Wouldn't care. Just want my sweet range ad space to use the mixer!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
joelsisk wrote:Um... got it on wine.woot. 2004 & 2005 Hayne vineyard zins... I believe.

Got the room organized, now to finish the actual inventory.

"Like." Looks great! Wanna come and help with ours?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:I keep forgetting y'all don't plan like me

No one plans like you!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bahwm

cheron98 wrote:Weddings do wonders for helping you stick to not buying wine.

Speaking of which, my email has been shockingly lacking in responses. Are y'all waiting for a thread or something?

Just to put it out there, ddeuddeg & I are planning on coming out. He may have already purchased the plane tickets. I hate to say that I'm not sure, but . . . We talked at length about it last week and the rates had gone down, but I'm not sure if he hit the "Buy" button!

Next, to nail down France & Spain!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:I figured I still had plenty of time left to let you know... I am a procrastinator

Really?

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Really?

hard to believe, I know....

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
cheron98 wrote:Several places are listed. El Jefe recommends reserving like NOW because the hotels fill up FAST in August with all the concerts at the wineries. Eric and I will be at The Dunbar House.

Or you can bring camping gear and camp out at the winery.

molarchae and I have a hotel in Angel's Camp, although there's a non-trivial chance we'll just camp at the winery. Not having to drive post-partay would be good.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

bhodilee wrote:Hey now, give me some credit. I already read those. I was hoping for more, yeah I or someone I know has phone X and loves/hates it because...

I'm in the same boat, likely making the same choice in the next little while. One of my coworkers got the One, and it's a sweet phone. Haven't seen the S4 yet.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
polarbear22 wrote:Waiting with a little hope that I won't have to say "no". Great idea and I know it will be a great time.

Similar logic applies here.
Besides it's still well before July 20th ;)

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

How does one arrange to camp at the winery?

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
bhodilee wrote:HTC One or Galaxy S4? This is the choice I will be making this month and it's almost as stressful as redoing my kitchen. That's pretty simple. Yes dear, I don't care what color cabinets you pick or floor, I just want my appliances.

I have the S4 and love it. The near touch functions, screen and processing power make for a very functional device. Still figuring out many of the air gestures, but have found some really useful ones. Initially thought it might be a gimmick.

I don't have any experience with the HTC One so couldn't compare the two.

cheron98

bahwm wrote:Just to put it out there, ddeuddeg & I are planning on coming out. He may have already purchased the plane tickets. I hate to say that I'm not sure, but . . . We talked at length about it last week and the rates had gone down, but I'm not sure if he hit the "Buy" button!

Next, to nail down France & Spain!

Email!

cheron98

mother wrote:Similar logic applies here.
Besides it's still well before July 20th ;)

Yes, yes it us. Doesn't feel like it for me because May pretty much doesn't exist in my calendar. Heading to VA for a week then back to MI for a week, so May is pretty well gone in my mind.

cheron98

zTimothyBz wrote:How does one arrange to camp at the winery?

Step 1. RSVP by email that you're coming.
Step 2. Bring a tent when you come.
Step 3. Pitch tent.
Step 4. ...
Step 5. Profit!

bahwm

cheron98 wrote:Email!

I know. . . just putting it out there.

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:It's funny how some reviewers can slant things. The 2nd review slanted it to the HTC, especially on the camera by calling it a draw, whereas the 3rd one gave that to the S4. And strange how one gave performance (with one benchmark set) to one, and the other review gave it to the other via a different benchmark.

Of course neither one really did a good job of an objective evaluation. Especially since they weighted each factor the same, it would appear anyway.

Edit: Doesn't the HTC One have the speakers on the front? Because that should have been one of the big points for it.

Front stereo speakers on the HTC. Not a big concern of mine, but a nice option. Seems like they're both awesome, but the HTC has a better build, no SD and no removable battery, though it comes 32gbs not 16 so SD is a wash basically.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bhodilee wrote:Front stereo speakers on the HTC. Not a big concern of mine, but a nice option. Seems like they're both awesome, but the HTC has a better build, no SD and no removable battery, though it comes 32gbs not 16 so SD is a wash basically.

Unless you have info on the SD card you want to transfer.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:Unless you have info on the SD card you want to transfer.

Can't you just sync it to your computer and transfer that way? Sprint wants 250 for the S4 and 200 for the one. That may make my decision easy.

bahwm

CAGrl wrote:I'm planning on coming. Gotta find the invite so I could find the email address to rsvp to. On that note, where will people be staying?

ddeuddeg & I just booked three nights at the Travelodge Angels Camp, CA for $63.20 per night! Cheron has this one listed on the invite card. With all of our travels this summer, this looks just fine. Also, got good ratings on tripadvisor. Come and join us y'all!

klezman

bahwm wrote:ddeuddeg & I just booked three nights at the Travelodge Angels Camp, CA for $63.20 per night! Cheron has this one listed on the invite card. With all of our travels this summer, this looks just fine. Also, got good ratings on tripadvisor. Come and join us y'all!

That's where we are too. Unless we decide to camp

CAGrl

bahwm wrote:ddeuddeg & I just booked three nights at the Travelodge Angels Camp, CA for $63.20 per night! Cheron has this one listed on the invite card. With all of our travels this summer, this looks just fine. Also, got good ratings on tripadvisor. Come and join us y'all!

Do you have a secret? My search is bringing it up at $85 a night.

mommadeb1

CAGrl wrote:Do you have a secret? My search is bringing it up at $85 a night.

please let us know how to get the special price!!

bahwm

CAGrl wrote:Do you have a secret? My search is bringing it up at $85 a night.

I went to the Travelodge website using Safari and put in Angels Camp and up came this:
for a 3 night stay. A 2 night stay comes up as $71.40. Good luck!

CAGrl

bahwm wrote:I went to the Travelodge website using Safari and put in Angels Camp and up came this:
for a 3 night stay. A 2 night stay comes up as $71.40. Good luck!

Hmmm. I guess it's the fact that I'm looking at it for Friday and Saturday nights. Although I guess we can only do Saturday night since it's only a couple hours drive for us.

bahwm

We picked up some perch yesterday for dinner today. I was going to grill some veggies, but our supermarket ran out of green squash! So, we had to make another stop today. While at the school, I suddenly thought: Cinco de Mayo! Duh! Why not make quesadillas? Then, oh, we could do Spicy Black Beans. Oh, but we have that perch. How about fish tacos? We've never made fish tacos before. Found a real easy recipe. It wanted cole slaw (we just happened to have some cabbage in the house) with red onion and cilantro with an easy dressing of lime juice and olive oil and a few other spices. Wow! What a meal! Plus, ddeuddeg grilled a couple of romaine hearts. Yum!

trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta

Sparky - There's a bottle on winebid that might spark your interest....

Large Format, VA, and PS

Thats your trifecta right??
Its signed too

cheron98

trifecta wrote:Sparky - There's a bottle on winebid that might spark your interest....

Large Format, VA, and PS

Thats your trifecta right??
Its signed too

I see what you did there.

cheron98

mommadeb1 wrote:please let us know how to get the special price!!

You can always try calling and mention Twisted Oak. Should be worth at least a 10% discount at most places.

bahwm

cheron98 wrote:You can always try calling and mention Twisted Oak. Should be worth at least a 10% discount at most places.

When I called, she couldn't do any better than their website. However, by staying in one place for three nights, we got an even better deal.