sagecookie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sagecookie
kylemittskus wrote:Just ate one of the peppermint chocolates. My notes are right in line with chipgreen's and Octocat's.

Short version: Absolutely delicious.

Long version: dark chocolate provides a really nice contrast to the sweeter "melting" milk chocolate and toffee pieces. The peppermint flavor is very present, but not at all overpowering. I ate one piece in 5 bites and Octocat hit the nail right on the head -- one is perfectly enough. The quality of the chocolate is very high (smooths away when put to the roof of your mouth).

Bottom line, assuming there are 48 pieces (maybe 52?), you're paying less than $0.70/piece shipped. Worth it! I'll have SWMBO try one when she gets home and add anything she has to say.

I love peppermint flavored chocolate, and you are tempting me when I really shouldn't be spending any money.....

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
sagecookie wrote:I love peppermint flavored chocolate, and you are tempting me when I really shouldn't be spending any money.....

be tempted. It is as great as everyone has already said about it. I've already bought some.

Ptwilliams

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ptwilliams

So how do you think bringing a bottle of Orgasmic wine to a restaurant on a first date would go over? Also, any thoughts on the leather wine carrier? Looks like there is room for tools. Bought 3 peppermint and 3 forte (9 bottles).

cksphd

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cksphd
fun7love wrote:I bought the Bonsai-Tuscan Miniature Olive Tree back in January. It took almost a month to receive and it died within a month of delivery.

Thanks for that info. I was wondering about the olive tree ... Oh well.

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
shrdlu wrote:Fortified wines are for after dinner.

Not necessarily. Some Madeiras (Sercial, Verdelho) are actually dry, and are traditionally served during the meal.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
chipgreen wrote:I had some of these myself and they were delicious! The outside layer is dark chocolate. The inside is more of a milk chocolate with toffee bits (although the packaging says they are "candy crunchies"). The milk chocolate inside is like those Ice Cube chocolates they used to sell at the gas station and convenience store counters and is referred to on the package as "meltaway". Overall they have a very pleasant minty chocolate taste with a slight buttery note.

I tried these last night, and I found them to be quite delicious. They reminded me a lot of the taste and texture of a Frango Mint Chocolate, but with added crunchiness.

To me, it tasted like the crunchiness came from crushed candy canes or peppermint candies and not toffees. I would eat one right now to find out for sure, but I left the package at my girlfriend's house.

The crunchiness aspect was a bit off-putting to her, but she liked the candies otherwise.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

chipgreen

quality posts: 195 Private Messages chipgreen
Ptwilliams wrote:So how do you think bringing a bottle of Orgasmic wine to a restaurant on a first date would go over? Also, any thoughts on the leather wine carrier? Looks like there is room for tools. Bought 3 peppermint and 3 forte (9 bottles).

Better save the Orgasmic until she invites you up to her place. I think the tools are included with the leather carrying cases.

haydensmommy

quality posts: 7 Private Messages haydensmommy
chipgreen wrote:I had some of these myself and they were delicious! The outside layer is dark chocolate. The inside is more of a milk chocolate with toffee bits (although the packaging says they are "candy crunchies"). The milk chocolate inside is like those Ice Cube chocolates they used to sell at the gas station and convenience store counters and is referred to on the package as "meltaway". Overall they have a very pleasant minty chocolate taste with a slight buttery note.

WD has really provided us with a cornucopia of deliciousness to choose from here and these are right near the top of my "want" list!

EDIT: Are the Peppermint Velvet Chocolates also a 27 oz. box like the caramels? There is no size listed and I can't make it out from the picture of the box.

Thanks for the review!! Have to say they are delicious!! Although there isn't any toffee in theses guys the crunch, that may compare to the crunch of toffee, is actually peppermint candy crunchies.... Also, this box is a 32oz heck of a deal!!

~The Candy Basket

nakeddavidb

quality posts: 18 Private Messages nakeddavidb

In my experience, it works out great. Tell them it's a double weight bottle and ask them to feel how heavy it is. When they pick up the bottle they almost always say, "Is this Organic?", and as they look closer they go, "Oh! it's Orgasmic!", and once, every body is smiling, you're in good shape from there.

David

Ptwilliams wrote:So how do you think bringing a bottle of Orgasmic wine to a restaurant on a first date would go over? Also, any thoughts on the leather wine carrier? Looks like there is room for tools. Bought 3 peppermint and 3 forte (9 bottles).

chipgreen

quality posts: 195 Private Messages chipgreen
haydensmommy wrote:Thanks for the review!! Have to say they are delicious!! Although there isn't any toffee in theses guys the crunch, that may compare to the crunch of toffee, is actually peppermint candy crunchies.... Also, this box is a 32oz heck of a deal!!

~The Candy Basket

I bought 2 boxes, thinking 1 for me and 1 for a gift but who am I kidding? I am definitely keeping them both!

Thanks for the clarification on the weight and candy crunchies. Looks like North316's eagle eye was half-shut but redwinefan had it right about the crunchies.

wendy98765

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wendy98765

For anyone wondering. the apricots were delicious but definitely have sulfites and gave me migraines. I still have almost a full bag in my freezer.

binnapa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages binnapa
mtgmailing wrote:I bought the regular and garlic grapeseed oil before and while the regular stuff was only ok the garlic oil was amazing. Every time I uncorked the bottle there smell of roasted garlic was there, I used it in just about everything but now it's all gone and there's no garlic in this offering.

Hello, This is Bruno from the Salute Sante Grapeseed oil. The refined gso is supposed to be neutral in flavor it allows you to use it for any cuisine and do all your deep or pan frying with it. Makes great ligth salad dressing. The Extra Virgin will have full body flavor and be nutty and buttery

binnapa

Hi This is Bruno again from Salute Sante Grapeseed Oil. Let me know if you have any questions regarding our oil

Since you are fan of the balsamic vinegar try it with our Extra Virgin Grape Seed Oil and Sea salt! a burst ofr flavors?

wendy98765

Even though I have spent too much money today on Woot (hi2u pecans and salami!!), if I (a non-drinker) were to buy wine as a gift for someone, would I get the Port or the PHAT? Or maybe the mix 6 Woot Cellars?

karenhynes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages karenhynes
redwinefan wrote:I tried these last night, and I found them to be quite delicious. They reminded me a lot of the taste and texture of a Frango Mint Chocolate, but with added crunchiness.

To me, it tasted like the crunchiness came from crushed candy canes or peppermint candies and not toffees. I would eat one right now to find out for sure, but I left the package at my girlfriend's house.

The crunchiness aspect was a bit off-putting to her, but she liked the candies otherwise.

oooooh!! Now they sound like the peppermint crunch Frango mints (my favorite Frango variety)....

I'm beginning to lose my will power.

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
wendy98765 wrote:Even though I have spent too much money today on Woot (hi2u pecans and salami!!), if I (a non-drinker) were to buy wine as a gift for someone, would I get the Port or the PHAT? Or maybe the mix 6 Woot Cellars?

Tough question knowing nothing about the purpose of the gift or the recipient. If the gift is for a wine-drinking, quasi-knowledgable boss, I'd say Forte. If it's for a friend who is a casual drinker, the PHAT. Help?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

wendy98765

kylemittskus wrote:Tough question knowing nothing about the purpose of the gift or the recipient. If the gift is for a wine-drinking, quasi-knowledgable boss, I'd say Forte. If it's for a friend who is a casual drinker, the PHAT. Help?

It's for my SO, who has not always been thrilled with my Woot wine purchases before. He hated Boss Monster but liked the Dracula's Blood.

kylemittskus

wendy98765 wrote:It's for my SO, who has not always been thrilled with my Woot wine purchases before. He hated Boss Monster but liked the Dracula's Blood.

PHAT.

auxdelices

quality posts: 64 Private Messages auxdelices
alb8951 wrote:I am curious, would the Aux Délices sampler arrive before Christmas? I can't seem to find information on when stuff would ship. I've never ordered from wine.woot (trying to branch out from shirt) so I have no frame of reference on the shipping.

auxdelices

quality posts: 64 Private Messages auxdelices
auxdelices wrote:

Yes, the product ships by the end of this week and will get to you by mid-week. It is shelf stable, but does well stored in the fridge.

aluc4rd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aluc4rd
auxdelices wrote:Yes, the product ships by the end of this week and will get to you by mid-week. It is shelf stable, but does well stored in the fridge.

According to the FAQ "You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner."

The last (non-wine) item i purchased from wine.woot didnt ship for about a week and the previous (non-wine) item took almost 2 weeks to ship. Both items arrived about a week after shipping.

Based on my past experience the items arrived within the estimated timeframe, but that could mean the items arriving after the holidays. I guess it depends on when you plan on giving the gifts.

Kiashien

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Kiashien
mawy wrote:We've already had a mini-confessions.woot on yesterdays balsamic message board. Feel free to join in on the fun and confess your balsamic related escapades!

I'm umming and ahhing over the olive oil. Both my husband and I are that rare breed that hates olives but loves loves loves olive oil, and having never had one of these olio nuovo types, I'm hesitant to invest $35 on a bottle...

The Olive Oil is fantastic- it is very.. green.. tasting. I know, vague. It's slightly peppery, and tastes like a crushed olive smells. It's really something to have at least once- but keep in mind that the fresher it is, the better it is. It'll always be fantastic oil, but the rich flavor profile exists probably for just the first 3 months (So about the end of February), and then the flavor starts degrading (slowly). So it's still tasty and filled with flavor for several months after that, but nothing like the punch it has when you first get it.

Must try- honestly. I just bought 2, just like previous years. 1 to keep, one to gift. (I get the Balsamic too ;))

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

aluc4rd wrote:According to the FAQ "You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner."

The last (non-wine) item i purchased from wine.woot didnt ship for about a week and the previous (non-wine) item took almost 2 weeks to ship. Both items arrived about a week after shipping.

Based on my past experience the items arrived within the estimated timeframe, but that could mean the items arriving after the holidays. I guess it depends on when you plan on giving the gifts.

Items listed as part of "Gift Week" are intended to arrive before the holidays. They should arrive faster than regular items on wine.woot.

I should add that once it ships, it's in the hands of the delivery people, so if it takes a long time for your mail to arrive normally, it could take longer. Also, from time to time things go wrong. In my experience, things always arrived before the holidays.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

smwhipple

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smwhipple

Anyone know how the Olive Oil compares to the Kirkland Organic?

cf

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cf
wendy98765 wrote:For anyone wondering. the apricots were delicious but definitely have sulfites and gave me migraines. I still have almost a full bag in my freezer.

Thanks for the info! I was pretty sure that they must have sulfites since they were so brightly colored but without seeing the label, I couldn't be sure. None for me, then.

luisifer777

quality posts: 4 Private Messages luisifer777

Does anybody knows if the leather wine boxes are good quality.
Thanks...

kylemittskus

smwhipple wrote:Anyone know how the Olive Oil compares to the Kirkland Organic?

It doesn't. Comparing 2 totally different classes of oil.

smwhipple

kylemittskus wrote:It doesn't. Comparing 2 totally different classes of oil.

So the Kirkland is cooking and this is more for salads or dipping? I usually just use the same bottle from Trader Joe's; I'm looking to pair with the basalmic for gifts in this:

http://www.worldmarket.com/product/glass-oil-and-vinegar-decanter.do

I don't really know that much about either, but dropped by a local joint that claims to carry 18+ year basalmic and fancy oil...the basalmic was good - better than Trader Joe's but hopefully not as good as the woot offering that I just purchased; I don't taste a difference in the oils, they're all a bit grassy to me and I've never thought to actually try any of the olive oils I've gotten in the past.

kylemittskus

smwhipple wrote:So the Kirkland is cooking and this is more for salads or dipping?

Exactly. Don't cook with this; you'll kill it. This is finishing oil just like the balsamic.

hookhams

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hookhams

So many choices I'm gonna be broke woot!

Yes, yes, yes!! Salted caramels! In for 3...more if it was possible

elangomatt

quality posts: 11 Private Messages elangomatt
hookhams wrote:So many choices I'm gonna be broke woot!

Yes, yes, yes!! Salted caramels! In for 3...more if it was possible

It actually is possible to get more than 3 if you get the 3x Salted Caramel Pecan Patties from here and today on home.woot they have the regular salted caramels!

bottomfeeder57

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bottomfeeder57
North316 wrote:Woot you are killing me. I want half of these items. I am upset that this is the salted pecan clusters and not the caramels, I was in for 3 of the caramels, but probably none of these.

Ask and ye shall receive. Home woot of the day is "Fleur de Sel Salted Chocolate Caramels."

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bottomfeeder57 wrote:Ask and ye shall receive. Home woot of the day is "Fleur de Sel Salted Chocolate Caramels."

I'm aware. I purchased three as soon as I woke up.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

hookhams

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hookhams
elangomatt wrote:It actually is possible to get more than 3 if you get the 3x Salted Caramel Pecan Patties from here and today on home.woot they have the regular salted caramels!

Yup, I got 6 :P

dalem589

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dalem589

I got back from Italy (Tuscany region) and the olives were being picked and pressed. There is nothing finer than the 1st pressing of the olives.

jbalas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbalas

Is the grape seed oil still available? Speaks of an error whenI try to order it. Anybody

JB

sdilullo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages sdilullo
clcaruthers wrote:Is the olive oil really as awesome as everyone says it is? I thought the same thing about the balsamic until I tried it and loved it. However, I just need someone to explain why the olive oil is so awesome!

In all honesty, no. We bought it and tried it with a variety of fresh-baked breads. Don't get me wrong, it's good and all, but I just can't see how it's worth $35.

Your mileage may vary, of course.

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 249
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

binnapa

Great Recipes for our Salute Sante Grape Seed Oil @ http://www.grapeseedoil.com/recipes.php

smwhipple

kylemittskus wrote:Exactly. Don't cook with this; you'll kill it. This is finishing oil just like the balsamic.

Thanks, in for some number as soon as I figure out how much chocolate I'm going to buy.

nanetteatsalutesante

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanetteatsalutesante
losthighwayz wrote:Any comments on the grpeseed oils? Curious about trying but uneasy about their taste and whether id enjoy them. Also, waht about the rubs? Thanks!

Hi! Thanks for asking! Our oils are full flavored - with the exception of the can - that is our neutral cooking oil. The other flavors are full of delicious taste - just like the herb! With the same high heat point! Marinate, drizzle or dip with bread!