lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady

L a s T P o s T

I want cake!!!

lp

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
lplady wrote:L a s T P o s T

So I thought.... Hey Ver3 actually took a nap today, so he'll play happily at karate if I let him bring some cars (so I grabbed 4 for him) and then threw my laptop in it's bag and dragged it along so I could do some writing (even though I don't have time to do NaNoWriMo). So of course he took the four cars and repeatedly asked me questions about said cars ad naseum... and I didn't get more than a couple paragraphs which don't flow very well down... so much for that idea.

LP

Beware the V'owls screech!

lplady

KtCallista wrote:So I thought.... Hey Ver3 actually took a nap today, so he'll play happily at karate if I let him bring some cars (so I grabbed 4 for him) and then threw my laptop in it's bag and dragged it along so I could do some writing (even though I don't have time to do NaNoWriMo). So of course he took the four cars and repeatedly asked me questions about said cars ad naseum... and I didn't get more than a couple paragraphs which don't flow very well down... so much for that idea.

LP

Sorry you didn't get more done but cars are a little boys world. Hell, cars are also some big boys world.

What's NaNoWriMo?

lp

KtCallista

lplady wrote:Sorry you didn't get more done but cars are a little boys world. Hell, cars are also some big boys world.

What's NaNoWriMo?

lp

Oh I know, my dad wanted to be a car guy for a while. His problem is that he likes everything so we did everything for a while. My brother-in-law is a die-hard mustang guy (the car, not the horse) so yeah.... been around that block twice and have a collection of t-shirts.

National Novel Writing Month - the challenge is to write a novel in a month and it always takes place each November. Unfortunately, November is a crazy time of year here.

LP

GodfatherND

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND
KtCallista wrote:Oh I know, my dad wanted to be a car guy for a while. His problem is that he likes everything so we did everything for a while. My brother-in-law is a die-hard mustang guy (the car, not the horse) so yeah.... been around that block twice and have a collection of t-shirts.

National Novel Writing Month - the challenge is to write a novel in a month and it always takes place each November. Unfortunately, November is a crazy time of year here.

LP

The Last Post: a Novel by GodfatherND

Last post.

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:The Last Post: a Novel by GodfatherND

Last post.

Ver1 is writing!!!! She's not going to do a whole junior entry, but I've challenged her to write a 3000 word story! She's almost 1 page in after the first day of writing.

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:Ver1 is writing!!!! She's not going to do a whole junior entry, but I've challenged her to write a 3000 word story! She's almost 1 page in after the first day of writing.

LP

Practice makes for better writing skills.

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:Practice makes for better writing skills.

LP

EXACTLY!!!

Her teacher is trying to teach paragraphs and writing structure. Unfortunately, when you only write 100 words or so it's hard to understand the importance and artistic balance of paragraphs (which really are a truly artificial grammatical construct).

I told my daughter that if her story was good I would type it for her (she is hand writing it in a notebook) and we could edit it together.

LP

lplady

KtCallista wrote:Ver1 is writing!!!! She's not going to do a whole junior entry, but I've challenged her to write a 3000 word story! She's almost 1 page in after the first day of writing.

LP

That's great! What's she writing about?

lp

KtCallista

lplady wrote:That's great! What's she writing about?

lp

I haven't read it yet, but she told me it was supposed to be about a tree (her sister's request - kinda like Tolkien's Ents, although they don't know what those are yet.) There are two female names Luicy and Percella (I'll help her with name spelling later). I saw the word ghost I think, so probably some Halloween theme.

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:I haven't read it yet, but she told me it was supposed to be about a tree (her sister's request - kinda like Tolkien's Ents, although they don't know what those are yet.) There are two female names Luicy and Percella (I'll help her with name spelling later). I saw the word ghost I think, so probably some Halloween theme.

LP

Last Post

lplady

GodfatherND wrote:Last Post

Not yet.

Now it is!

last post

KtCallista

lplady wrote:Not yet.

Now it is!

last post

Last Post

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Last Post

I didn't know I clicked on

last post

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:I didn't know I clicked on

last post

You are always welcome to play, you just can't lock if you are

Last Post

GodfatherND

dontwantaname wrote:I didn't know I clicked on

last post

An accidental Last Post? I think it was Freud who said there are no accidental clicks...or something like that.

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:An accidental Last Post? I think it was Freud who said there are no accidental clicks...or something like that.

LP

No more historical archives at my house

Last Post

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

lp

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
dontwantaname wrote:lp

Hello all
Happy belated birthday Godfather
KtC your daughter and I share a birthday
I have missed y'all
Last Post

GodfatherND

jawsuser wrote:Hello all
Happy belated birthday Godfather
KtC your daughter and I share a birthday
I have missed y'all
Last Post

Thanks! We saved your place on the internet.

LP

lplady

GodfatherND wrote:Thanks! We saved your place on the internet.

LP

But we did eat her piece of the birthday cake. None of us are perfect.

lp

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

lplady wrote:But we did eat her piece of the birthday cake. None of us are perfect.

lp

lp

that is all

just

lp

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

lplady

that is all

just

lp

Sorry, just wasn't enough.

last post

GodfatherND

lplady wrote:Sorry, just wasn't enough.

last post

I forgot to say thanks for the belated b-day wishes. Thanks!

LP

jawsuser

GodfatherND wrote:I forgot to say thanks for the belated b-day wishes. Thanks!

LP

You're welcome.

Thanks for saving my place.

LP

GodfatherND

jawsuser wrote:You're welcome.

Thanks for saving my place.

LP

You missed quite a lot when you were gone:

1. First, the Earth cooled
2. Then came the dinosaurs
3. But they died and turned into oil
4. Then came the Arabs who control the oil

That's about all the high points.

LP

jawsuser

GodfatherND wrote:You missed quite a lot when you were gone:

1. First, the Earth cooled
2. Then came the dinosaurs
3. But they died and turned into oil
4. Then came the Arabs who control the oil

That's about all the high points.

LP

You missed the dinosaurs who died under Alaska so our politians would not drill and mess up the coast.

At least the Arabs don't control that oil yet.
LP

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

GodfatherND wrote:I forgot to say thanks for the belated b-day wishes. Thanks!

LP

Happy Birthday, plus a few days!

lp

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

GodfatherND

dontwantaname wrote:Happy Birthday, plus a few days!

lp

Thanks!

Tonight's low in ND will be 0. It's 7 right now and windy.

Last Frozen Post

GodfatherND

GodfatherND wrote:Thanks!

Tonight's low in ND will be 0. It's 7 right now and windy.

Last Frozen Post

Woo hoo!! I won the last post

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:Woo hoo!! I won the last post

Only because my internet receiving equipment decided to release all their smoke all at the same time! Temporary patch and spare parts in place.... is it sad that I had spare parts?

LP

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
KtCallista wrote:Only because my internet receiving equipment decided to release all their smoke all at the same time! Temporary patch and spare parts in place.... is it sad that I had spare parts?

LP

being prepared is important

I'm just hanging out, really.

KtCallista

inkycatz wrote:being prepared is important

LOL - the fact that my husband used to work for the ISP installing wireless internet doesn't have anything to do with it I'm sure. Although to be fully truthful, the extra antenna and one of the extra POEs came from friend whom we helped to move.

LP

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:LOL - the fact that my husband used to work for the ISP installing wireless internet doesn't have anything to do with it I'm sure. Although to be fully truthful, the extra antenna and one of the extra POEs came from friend whom we helped to move.

LP

KtC you need to make sure all the smoke doesn't escape from the wires. I had a professor tell me once that smoke is what makes electronics work. He said the proof was that when something quit usually the smoke escaped from the wires. I guess I'm just lucky, my stuff generally quits without smoke.

Although, my dad's last car exploded in fire, does that count?

Would have been here yesterday but had a little too much excitement. Dad decided he wanted to walk around the property where he had someone clear cut around the fence line to make sure they did it. Long story short he pooped out about a mile into the walk.

Thankfully I had brought a folding stool (he does have lung cancer after all.) He tells me he is seeing spots, which usually means his blood sugar is dropping. (Did I mention he is an insulin dependant diabetic?) I got him seated and walk back home to get something for him to eat. Of course it happens the one time I don't carry my backpack with all his stuff in it.

Thankfully our handiman Willie is working and he drives the car through the woods as close as we can safely get to dad. Walking back I trip and fall flat. Go to where I left dad and he isn't there! Hear him talking.

It seems he got tired of waiting and started walking back, but since he can't see he was headed out through the brush. I asked him didn't he notice it was getting a little thicker with overgrowth? He said yes but he thought he could just push on through. If he had continued he might of been gator food as he was headed for the pond.

Anyway long story of why I wasn't here last night to get the last post.

GodfatherND

jawsuser wrote:KtC you need to make sure all the smoke doesn't escape from the wires. I had a professor tell me once that smoke is what makes electronics work. He said the proof was that when something quit usually the smoke escaped from the wires. I guess I'm just lucky, my stuff generally quits without smoke.

Would have been here yesterday but had a little too much excitement. Dad decided he wanted to walk around the property where he had someone clear cut around the fence line to make sure they did it. Long story short he pooped out about a mile into the walk.

Thankfully I had brought a folding stool (he does have lung cancer after all.) He tells me he is seeing spots, which usually means his blood sugar is dropping. (Did I mention he is an insulin dependant diabetic?) I got him seated and walk back home to get something for him to eat. Of course it happens the one time I don't carry my backpack with all his stuff in it.

Thankfully our handiman Willie is working and he drives the car through the woods as close as we can safely get to dad. Walking back I trip and fall flat. Go to where I left dad and he isn't there! Hear him talking.

It seems he got tired of waiting and started walking back, but since he can't see he was headed out through the brush. I asked him didn't he notice it was getting a little thicker with overgrowth? He said yes but he thought he could just push on through. If he had continued he might of been gator food as he was headed for the pond.

Poor guy. Blood glucose levels are a pain to try to maintain. Just when you think you have a handle on it, your body changes. I'm glad you're looking after him.

LP

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:KtC you need to make sure all the smoke doesn't escape from the wires. I had a professor tell me once that smoke is what makes electronics work. He said the proof was that when something quit usually the smoke escaped from the wires. I guess I'm just lucky, my stuff generally quits without smoke.

Oh what a day!

Last Post

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

lp

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

last "not a mod" post

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:last "not a mod" post

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:LP

evening Godfather.

Just about to have late dinner (Christian karate makes dinner a little less convenient on Tues and Thurs), then an hour of TV with the versions.

Last Post