no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
moles1138 wrote:So does PWA now mean Post Weather Always? 😜

hot72chev

quality posts: 24 Private Messages hot72chev
pooflady wrote:Do you have a time when it's the hardest? For some odd reason for me it's not when I'm finished eating, it's often when I get in the car. I suppose because that's the first thing I did, was light a cigarette.

YES, the car was the worst. I loved to smoke and drive.

Stressful days are hard. Last month I went to a funeral and I had very strong cravings when I was driving home.

We were lucky, poof, that we were able to kick it. Well, "lucky" - I don't know...strong and tough, like you said. Hardest thing I've ever done.

x8
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

pooflady

quality posts: 24 Private Messages pooflady
no1 wrote:

Agree

So when is this "Old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

hot72chev

quality posts: 24 Private Messages hot72chev

Are we doing Woot Basketball Brackets this year?

Who is in charge of this shenanigan?

x8
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

mbspell

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mbspell
no1 wrote:

did you get your Blissey? I hear she's a beast in gyms

this warm weather killed me. I went from 8-9 gyms to only 5 now. and the sinus infection means I have barely had time to hunt all week.

hoping to get a party hat pikachu tomorrow!

pooflady

hot72chev wrote:Are we doing Woot Basketball Brackets this year?

Who is in charge of this shenanigan?

jcubed. I'll try to find him.

pooflady

Anybody going to watch the Oscars with me? I'll admit it, I really don't care about the winners but I want to hear Jimmy Kimmel and see the dresses. Yeah, I'm shallow.

moles1138

quality posts: 46 Private Messages moles1138
pooflady wrote:Anybody going to watch the Oscars with me? I'll admit it, I really don't care about the winners but I want to hear Jimmy Kimmel and see the dresses. Yeah, I'm shallow.

I recorded it to fast forward. Watched TWD and TTD instead. saw the last hourish or so. What a clusterf at the end.

no1

mbspell wrote:did you get your Blissey? I hear she's a beast in gyms

i have to wait until i reach level 5 to get into a gym!

anyhoo, most of the blissies in the gyms nearby are in the mid to high 2000s, mine is only in the low 2000s. does c.p. matter more or does species matter more?

mbspell

no1 wrote:i have to wait until i reach level 5 to get into a gym!

anyhoo, most of the blissies in the gyms nearby are in the mid to high 2000s, mine is only in the low 2000s. does c.p. matter more or does species matter more?

if you look at Blissey, her HP is like 300+ where the HP for my best gyarados is 154. so her cp doesn't matter as much. I hear people time out before they can knock her out.

no1

mbspell wrote:if you look at Blissey, her HP is like 300+ where the HP for my best gyarados is 154. so her cp doesn't matter as much. I hear people time out before they can knock her out.

they're just not trying hard enough. i think a week ago a, uh, friend of mine managed to stick a pokemon at a gym in between two blissies. lasted about a day. the lower blissie didn't protect me - i mean, my friend.

mbspell

no1 wrote:they're just not trying hard enough. i think a week ago a, uh, friend of mine managed to stick a pokemon at a gym in between two blissies. lasted about a day. the lower blissie didn't protect me - i mean, my friend.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
mbspell wrote:

Ver1 and I had no problem knocking out a Blissy. Don't have one, but it didn't take much more work than most.

I'm seriously thinking of just putting a cot in my office this week.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

Honest, Discover, I'm really glad you're taking a possible security breach seriously, but now I have to remember to change the numbers in a whole bunch of places. A whole bunch. Lots.

pooflady

Elon Musk tweeted:

Fly me to the moon...ok.

Buzz Aldrin tweeted back:

Been there, done that. I prefer get your ass to Mars.

I love it.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Elon Musk tweeted:

Fly me to the moon...ok.

Buzz Aldrin tweeted back:

Been there, done that. I prefer get your ass to Mars.

I love it.

<3

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

Some hellacious storms last night -- that we slept through. Didn't hear the sirens. Neighbors and nearby family were in their basements. Tree down next door. Tornado not too far away. We didn't hear a thing.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 976 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Some hellacious storms last night -- that we slept through. Didn't hear the sirens. Neighbors and nearby family were in their basements. Tree down next door. Tornado not too far away. We didn't hear a thing.

I read a little bit about the storms this a.m. Whoa. Glad y'all are ok!

*** Play TT's Clue EVERY THURSDAY at 9pm CT ***
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mbspell

finally hatched a PICHU!!!!

squee!!

and gosh darn it!

fought into 3 new gyms over last 24 hours. lost 2 already and kicked out of an old gym. damn. I was spoiled collecting on 7-8 gyms for so long. now I'm lucky to stay at 5.

maybe the cold coming back tomorrow will be a good thing

no1

mbspell wrote:finally hatched a PICHU!!!!

squee!!

i must say, it pleases me to no end that even a lowly n00b like me had pokemon that you didn't have (until now, that is).

marlenestclair

quality posts: 10 Private Messages marlenestclair
hot72chev wrote:Today is TWO YEARS since I've had a cigarette!

I can't believe it's been two years, because I never thought I could do it!

YAY!!!

x9

My new hobby is lurking and tatting heh heh.

marlenestclair

quality posts: 10 Private Messages marlenestclair

Sorry gone awhile, had company.

x9

My new hobby is lurking and tatting heh heh.

no1

marlenestclair wrote:Sorry gone awhile, had company.

at least you came back. that's better than a lotta folks.

mbspell

no1 wrote:i must say, it pleases me to no end that even a lowly n00b like me had pokemon that you didn't have (until now, that is).

well, it pleases me to say I'm back up to 6 gyms....

moles1138

pooflady wrote:Some hellacious storms last night -- that we slept through. Didn't hear the sirens. Neighbors and nearby family were in their basements. Tree down next door. Tornado not too far away. We didn't hear a thing.

High winds and rain early this morning. Slept thru anything before 5am. First heard the weather alert on the radio before 6. It was a tornado watch. 5-10 minutes later 3 cell phones went off with an alert. I went about my business getting ready for work. Rain and high winds came thru for a couple minutes and that was it. I was "indisposed" at the time. Rain off and on all day. Sure was difficult driving home feeling like I was being pushed around. Feels a lot colder than 40 out there. Looks like snow is coming before midnight. It was 59 earlier.

pooflady

moles1138 wrote:High winds and rain early this morning. Slept thru anything before 5am. First heard the weather alert on the radio before 6. It was a tornado watch. 5-10 minutes later 3 cell phones went off with an alert. I went about my business getting ready for work. Rain and high winds came thru for a couple minutes and that was it. I was "indisposed" at the time. Rain off and on all day. Sure was difficult driving home feeling like I was being pushed around. Feels a lot colder than 40 out there. Looks like snow is coming before midnight. It was 59 earlier.

Have heard since we had a tornado a couple of miles west of us and several less than a couple of miles east of us. Guess when there's bad weather we're going to have to have a phone by the bed. Although the only alert we had was flash flooding.

pooflady

Have connected with jqubed and he said he'd be by next week to set it up.

mbspell

totally enjoyed my day off. slept in (still not 100% well after 2 colds & sinus infection), then went on pokemon hunt before picking son up.

got some fresh air, a short walk, caught some new pokemon (7 giraffigs!) and battled into another gym. fingers crossed I collect 7 coins tomorrow. need the coins for more incubators!

got invited to dinner with some college friends on Sat. then realized high temp for Sat will be 18. oof. might need a couple margaritas to stay warm.

pooflady

mbspell wrote:totally enjoyed my day off. slept in (still not 100% well after 2 colds & sinus infection), then went on pokemon hunt before picking son up.

got some fresh air, a short walk, caught some new pokemon (7 giraffigs!) and battled into another gym. fingers crossed I collect 7 coins tomorrow. need the coins for more incubators!

got invited to dinner with some college friends on Sat. then realized high temp for Sat will be 18. oof. might need a couple margaritas to stay warm.

You're not eating outside, are you?

mbspell

pooflady wrote:You're not eating outside, are you?

no, but parking is always tricky in town and there could be a decent walk to the restaurant. still not sure where we're meeting/eating

mbspell

very very very stupidly happy to announce I completed the original pokedex today

this guy popped up near my son's school. I don't even care that his cp is 26 lol

no1

mbspell wrote:very very very stupidly happy to announce I completed the original pokedex today

congrats! imma still not ebben close.

pooflady

I'm dipping Girl Scout shortbread cookies in my coffee. Nomnomnom

mbspell

had a really nice dinner catching up with old friends. and it was freezing in town, with the wind, but the margarita helped.

supposed to get back to seasonal temps or better this week.

looking forward to my college boys coming home. stocking up on ice cream and mac n cheese.

pooflady

Yay, somebody's here!

Glad your boys will be back for a while. That will be fun.

moles1138

pooflady wrote:Yay, somebody's here!

I decided to spend more time interacting with the people around me this last weekend.

mbspell

moles1138 wrote:I decided to spend more time interacting with the people around me this last weekend.

the things you have to resort to when you don't play pokemon go...

no1

moles1138 wrote:I decided to spend more time interacting with the people around me this last weekend.

whenever i try to do that usually there's anal bleeding involved.

pooflady

no1 wrote:whenever i try to do that usually there's anal bleeding involved.

//speechless//

mbspell

pooflady wrote://speechless//

yes

TMI