zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
awl85 wrote:Sent

Got it.

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 233 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
rjquillin wrote:For those that don't remember...
2014rpmtour at gmail dot com
is the address to use for PP.
If you do a transfer from a bank account, or pay from a balance, there is no fee for either.
CC funded payments either the sender or recipient will incur a service charge.

It's free within the U.S. to send money to family and friends when you use only your PayPal balance or bank account, or a combination of their PayPal balance and bank account.

There is a fee to send money as a personal payment using a debit card or credit card. The fee in the U.S. is 2.9% plus $0.30 USD of the amount you send. For example, if you send $100.00 USD by credit card, the fee would be $3.20 USD ($2.90 + $0.30). For personal payments, the sender can pay the fee or pass it on to the recipient. If the recipient doesn't want to pay the fee, they can choose not to accept the payment.

Tim,

You should probably add this sbd the cost post or a link to it in the first post.

So people can start paying.

Edit: And link my post on lodgings?

x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tytiger58

quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58
zTimothyBz wrote:Those two Corisons, and they are second class citizens?!? (I detest "LOL", but you really did get me laughing as I typed that.)

I was just coming online to note that the dinner-only part was full and closed. But for you, I will make *the* one exception. Two exceptions actually - joining the now-closed dinner-only group and being in that group without being the +1 of someone at the tasting. (Though I suppose we could say you are RJ or Sparky's date!)

My own +1 will effectively be part of the hired help for the day. Anyone who has been over here knows how conscientious she is about making gatherings run smoothly. Would you be willing to help out, too?

Well I'm glad you laughed it was meant in best and you are correct Corison is 2nd to none.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

zTimothyBz

MarkDaSpark wrote:Tim,

You should probably add this sbd the cost post or a link to it in the first post.

So people can start paying.

Edit: And link my post on lodgings?

Done. Good enough?

tytiger58 wrote:Well I'm glad you laughed it was meant in best and you are correct Corison is 2nd to none.

So does that mean you are in again, in your own unique way?

tytiger58

zTimothyBz wrote:So does that mean you are in again, in your own unique way?

Unique that's a nice way to put it but no I'm out, have a great time everyone!

MarkDaSpark

zTimothyBz wrote:Done. Good enough?

Looks good. I would add something that the ISO glasses you are providing are not for them to take home. Just in case someone thinks they are complimentary.

Luckily, tytiger58 isn't attending, so you won't have to do a body cavity search when he leaves.

x20             
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tytiger58

MarkDaSpark wrote:

Luckily, tytiger58 isn't attending, so you won't have to do a body cavity search when he leaves.

Hey!

zTimothyBz

MarkDaSpark wrote:Looks good. I would add something that the ISO glasses you are providing are not for them to take home. Just in case someone thinks they are complimentary.

Oh, I think he can be trusted when it comes to empty glasses.

zTimothyBz

tytiger58 wrote:Ha! If I can swing the dinner only thing maybe I could add a 2000 Chave Hermitage or a 1996 Château Angélus so the dinner only crowd does not feel like second class citizens

And of course I would be happy to chip in for whatever you donate.

tytiger58 wrote:Unique that's a nice way to put it but no I'm out, have a great time everyone!

Okay - you will be missed. I do want to say I appreciate your generous nature (and the help so far that let me collect the last bottles for the tasting). I know if you were coming you'd be chipping in.

The woot culture in general is about deal seeking sometimes to the point of gaming the system. This is a time when I hope the local peeps will rally to make a unique event happen.

I think I'm on the right track. While the 25-year dinner at the winery was $350, I'm doing a 27-year vertical for $240. And as an amateur I may not have quite the same access to wines or glassware. (I had to buy sets of three different glasses, before we settled on the Sparky-approved ones.)

rjquillin

quality posts: 287 Private Messages rjquillin

Payment received,

Thanks awl85.

Who is next?

CT

javadrinker

quality posts: 6 Private Messages javadrinker
rjquillin wrote:Payment received,

Thanks awl85.

Who is next?

Payment sent for Coffeemate and me.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

rjquillin

javadrinker wrote:Payment sent for Coffeemate and me.

And received.

Thanks (for Tim).

CT

wkdpanda

quality posts: 14 Private Messages wkdpanda

This looks amazing. The wife is pushing me to go, but I'm on the fence. However, now I'm looking at SW for fares, and hotel...

This is tough.

----------------
Andy the Wicked Panda

MarkDaSpark

wkdpanda wrote:This looks amazing. The wife is pushing me to go, but I'm on the fence. However, now I'm looking at SW for fares, and hotel...

This is tough.

Come to the Dark Side! Cookies!

Lots to do .... Disney Parks, Knotts Berry Farm, LB Aquarium, etc.!

x20             

rjquillin

wkdpanda wrote:This looks amazing. The wife is pushing me to go, but I'm on the fence. However, now I'm looking at SW for fares, and hotel...

This is tough.

Fall west; it'd be good to see you.
Likely would even create additional episodes of cork popping.

CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 68 Private Messages ddeuddeg

OK, here we go. We've booked a flight into LAX on Friday night, so we're in. Can't pass up an opportunity like this. Besides, it's been too long since we've seen you. It's too late, and we've had too much to drink to handle any further details at this point, but we'll be back tomorrow to settle payment, etc.

Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. - Hester Browne
Filmmaker/winemaker Francis Ford Coppola says his two professions are almost the same and that each depends on source material and takes a lot of time to perfect.
The big difference: "Today's winemakers still worry about quality."

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

rjquillin

ddeuddeg wrote:OK, here we go. We've booked a flight into LAX on Friday night, so we're in. Can't pass up an opportunity like this. Besides, it's been too long since we've seen you. It's too late, and we've had too much to drink to handle any further details at this point, but we'll be back tomorrow to settle payment, etc.

Sweet!
Be good to see the two of you again.

Now, if only the locals would commit...
You know who you are.

CT

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:OK, here we go. We've booked a flight into LAX on Friday night, so we're in. Can't pass up an opportunity like this. Besides, it's been too long since we've seen you. It's too late, and we've had too much to drink to handle any further details at this point, but we'll be back tomorrow to settle payment, etc.

Yea!

x20             

klezman

quality posts: 174 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:Sweet!

Now, if only the locals would commit...
You know who you are.

molarchae mentioned we need to figure that one out. Hopefully making it a positive response!

With WD and D&B down we should definitely have another, less formal, gathering. If our livers can handle it.

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

bahwm

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bahwm
klezman wrote:molarchae mentioned we need to figure that one out. Hopefully making it a positive response!

With WD and D&B down we should definitely have another, less formal, gathering. If our livers can handle it.

Sounds nice and would love it, but the clock and calendar won't allow it. We're scheduled to arrive in LAX at 10:30 PM on Fri and leaving out of LAX at 1:50 PM. Quick out and back, probably no chance for jet lag on either end. So nice to have airline points! Now, to arrange for a hotel and car.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

wkdpanda

That's it! I didn't want to come by myself, and now Elaine has the time off.

We're coming!

Put Wkdpanda and +1 in! I'll arrange PP for deposit in the next 48 hours. Now, for hotel and airline tickets.

----------------
Andy the Wicked Panda

bahwm

wkdpanda wrote:That's it! I didn't want to come by myself, and now Elaine has the time off.

We're coming!

Put Wkdpanda and +1 in! I'll arrange PP for deposit in the next 48 hours. Now, for hotel and airline tickets.

Yippee! $170 out of BWI on SWA!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

PandaTamer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PandaTamer
bahwm wrote:Yippee! $170 out of BWI on SWA!

Whoohoooo.... I think we're going out of Dulles (five minutes from the house). Can't begin to say how excited I am!!

bahwm

PandaTamer wrote:Whoohoooo.... I think we're going out of Dulles (five minutes from the house). Can't begin to say how excited I am!!

The funny thing, we could have flown out of BUF through BWI for $177!

PandaTamer

bahwm wrote:The funny thing, we could have flown out of BUF through BWI for $177!

Andy's confirming hotel reservations....where are you guys staying?

wkdpanda

We are booked. SW for airline tickets, Sheraton for room. Fly in on Friday, Sunday to recover, and home Monday.

----------------
Andy the Wicked Panda

bahwm

PandaTamer wrote:Andy's confirming hotel reservations....where are you guys staying?

Best Western Los Alamitos Inn & Suites
10591 Los Alamitos Boulevard
Los Alamitos , California
90720-2113, United States
Phone: 562/598-2299

What about you guys?

cortot20

quality posts: 295 Private Messages cortot20
klezman wrote:molarchae mentioned we need to figure that one out. Hopefully making it a positive response!

We might be in on a gathering. Although I'm supposed to be moving around then too...

CT

zTimothyBz

bahwm wrote:Best Western Los Alamitos Inn & Suites
10591 Los Alamitos Boulevard
Los Alamitos , California
90720-2113, United States
Phone: 562/598-2299

What about you guys?

Don't know what their hours are for Saturday or Sunday morning, but immediately South of that Best Western - just cross Sausalito St. - is a bunch of boutique shops.

zTimothyBz

wkdpanda wrote:We are booked. SW for airline tickets, Sheraton for room. Fly in on Friday, Sunday to recover, and home Monday.

Is that the Sheraton in Cerritos?

ddeuddeg

zTimothyBz wrote:Don't know what their hours are for Saturday or Sunday morning, but immediately South of that Best Western - just cross Sausalito St. - is a bunch of boutique shops.

You had to go and tell her that, didn't you?

Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. - Hester Browne
Filmmaker/winemaker Francis Ford Coppola says his two professions are almost the same and that each depends on source material and takes a lot of time to perfect.

ddeuddeg

rjquillin wrote:Sweet!

And you. Payment made.

PandaTamer

ddeuddeg wrote:You had to go and tell her that, didn't you?

If she needs a shopping buddy, you can hang out with Andy! :-)

zTimothyBz

PandaTamer wrote:If she needs a shopping buddy, you can hang out with Andy! :-)

Since I'm not just an enabler for buying wine, I'll also recommend checking out Little India in Artesia (if you cook, this is the place to buy spices in bulk) and 2nd Street in Belmont Shore.

Those are both relatively close.

A nice thing about Los Angeles is that while it may not be #1 in anything except freeway traffic, it's #2 in a lot of the good stuff.

dsapp

quality posts: 7 Private Messages dsapp

dsapp and "wife of dsapp" will take two slots. Please PM with mailing address for the check and street address for event. I'll put the check in the mail today.

We plan to Uber. If anyone plans to do the same from MdR/Culver/LAX area, we'd be happy to share one way or roundtrip.

It will be good to see everyone. We haven't seen RPM since those great lobster-fests at mother's.

zTimothyBz

dsapp wrote:dsapp and "wife of dsapp" will take two slots. Please PM with mailing address for the check and street address for event. I'll put the check in the mail today.

PM sent

wkdpanda

Deposit made this afternoon.

Are we crazy? Traveling across country for dinner? 27 wines?

Maybe, but its a once in a lifetime event, so lets be crazy!

----------------
Andy the Wicked Panda

rjquillin

wkdpanda wrote:Deposit made this afternoon.

Are we crazy? Traveling across country for dinner? 27 wines?

Maybe, but its a once in a lifetime event, so lets be crazy!

Ha!
Good times.
Swish & spit, or swallow?
Difficult choice.
Deposit received.

CT

wkdpanda

zTimothyBz wrote:Since I'm not just an enabler for buying wine, I'll also recommend checking out Little India in Artesia (if you cook, this is the place to buy spices in bulk) and 2nd Street in Belmont Shore.

Those are both relatively close.

A nice thing about Los Angeles is that while it may not be #1 in anything except freeway traffic, it's #2 in a lot of the good stuff.

That sounds interesting. Any ideas for dinner on Sunday? We are staying at the Sheratos Cerritos, but will probably just uber anywhere we go.

----------------
Andy the Wicked Panda

zTimothyBz

wkdpanda wrote:That sounds interesting. Any ideas for dinner on Sunday? We are staying at the Sheratos Cerritos, but will probably just uber anywhere we go.

It really depends on what you would enjoy. Steak? Seafood? BBQ? Mexican? Italian? Chinese?

There are several restaurants walking distance from the hotel. I already mentioned Little India - a street lined with Indian shops and restaurants - which is perhaps a mile to the West.

It's a bit farther away and a bit more upscale, but there's a restaurant in Fullerton or Yorba Linda where Java, Sparky, Clayfu and I had one of our first wine dinners.

Sparky will have some ideas - especially if you want port and cigars.